Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot connect to the login server. (10106) - (Multiple account abuse?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cannot connect to the login server. (10106) - (Multiple account abuse?)

    I am remaking this thread now that I have a more comprehensive understanding based on in-depth discussions with other players experiencing the same problem. Here is the error:



    I have been unable to login to ANY of my accounts for the past 2 days. Yes I have admitted that I do in fact have 30 accounts. However, what I failed to preface is that these accounts are NOT newly created, not a single one. Every one is at least 2 years old. Now can the argument be made that I am exploiting or somehow taking advantage of the event? Absolutely. And I understand those that see it as excessive or greedy.

    However, under old management, and I used to be a mod and close to a few GMs years back, I asked about this specifically, is there a limitation to how many accounts one person may have/use and how they may use them and I was told there was not. Now that WEBZEN is in control, this may have changed. If so, that is understandable and I, along with many other players, would like to know what the new rules/guidelines regarding this are.

    For the first 5-6 days of this event I didn't have any problem doing what I was doing, logging my accounts and leaving my alt accounts on for the 2 hours or whatever. Then when I remember I had some extra account and tried to log the 31st one, that's when then problem started and I've been blocked out since.

    So while I see people may disagree and see that I am taking advantage or exploiting this event, I did not intend to. Obviously yes I will have the items. What was my plan to do with them? No clue. I mean, there are others doing the same thing, not that it makes it right, I am just saying there are many people with 5, 10, 20+ accounts all doing this. That's why there's a 1,000,000 of those summoning scrolls out there right now.

    Am I willing to lose all of my accounts over a few summoning scrolls? Absolutely not. I'd like WEBZEN, if possible, to clarify what is acceptable and what isn't as far as this goes. If something has been implemented to try to stop botters from auto-playing and making rupees then I think that is fantastic, but if that is what is causing this snag then that is a completely separate issue.

    Just to clarify 5, of my 30 accounts I actively play, the others are for storage. All of them have registered emails. but if WZ were to say, "okay we think an acceptable number of accounts for one household/IP address to have is 5 (or 10, or whatever)", then I, along with most others I believe, would be willing to accept and agree with that. I do not think 5 is an excessive or unreasonable amount, especially with all the buff slaves people want/have these days.

    Also, I am not the only one getting this error message, there are people who have been logging maybe 4-5 accounts that I've talked to also experiencing this problem. Some not quite as severe as me, but suffering from DC's and the login issue and etc. There seems to be something going on. Many people have said I am abusing the event - fine. I will publicly state that I will forfeit ALL of the event items in exchange for a clarification on what is and what is not against the rules and be able to get back into the game.

    And just to clarify further, as far as I know my account(s) have not been suspended or banned, I simply cannot reach the server selection screen and receive the error displayed above.

    Please feel free to leave your comments/opinions but on this one I think it would be more helpful to be constructive rather than flame so that hopefully WEBZEN can clarify for all of us what exactly is going on with this issue. Thank you for your time for those of you who have read this and are going through the same thing.
    To the legend...

  • #2
    this error is not what a ban looks like

    it is not what an ip-block looks like either

    but i am glad it is happening to you

    My favorite quote from forum: I happen to be a certified math genus in multiple relevant fields, I could tell you but i doubt you will understand them. no really normal people are like what the hell is that even a few fields of greater intelligence don't understand them well. LOL!
    My toons: Slayer - VoidMage - Mercenary - Magus - Templar - Berserker

    Comment


    • Athyra
      Athyra commented
      Editing a comment
      it was harsh

      a good reflection of my opinion towards the swam of posts that get spammed into this forum by him.

      has nothing to do with 30 acc, he could have 2k acc for all i care

    • CantSeeMe
      CantSeeMe commented
      Editing a comment
      As mean as this is... I still lol'd - Could have been aimed at anyone...

    • Mochatroid
      Mochatroid commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Athyra View Post
      but i am glad it is happening to you
      I can see how you of all people would genuinely appreciate Cyber having more free time to be on the forums, maintaining a solid ~10% lead on CerealOrMilk's postcount.

  • #3
    Have you sent in a report to Customer Service regarding this error? If this is happening to multiple players then there may be an issue with the login server that needs to be fixed.

    What makes you think this error is tied to multiple accounts or alleged account abuse? It may be that the login server sees 30 different accounts from one IP and flags that IP or Accounts for investigation as it may look like Rupee spammers. Who knows.

    But at this point, instead of accusing WW management please send in a support ticket and let them provide you with an answer.

    FYI - I checked the TOS and the Rappelz rules and nothing is mentioned about having multiple accounts as "account abuse". BUT the TOS and Rules are subject to change without notice. While 30 accounts may seem excessive to one person to others it may not be seen that way.

    I think I would still report this error and see if a CM will stop by and discuss this issue or provide some clue.
    Need to submit a ticket? Click http://cs.webzen.com/Inquiry/RegistInquiry/
    1) Choose the category of your issue.
    2) See if any of the listed articles resolve your issue.
    3) If none of the articles resolve your issue, you can click on the most relevant article to submit a ticket.

    Comment


    • Cyberstone
      Cyberstone commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn't mean to seem like I am 'accusing' anyone. Merely inquiring.

      Also, yes, I have taken the appropriate measures but I wanted to put it here as well for those experiencing the same issues and have them report what they are experiencing and what they are doing, if they are honest enough to admit to it. I have nothing to hide whatsoever, so if I am doing something wrong obviously I want to be aware of it and stop doing it.

    • (MOD)Hawk4hire
      (MOD)Hawk4hire commented
      Editing a comment
      And I certainly didnt think you were doing anything wrong and I, too, am curious if there is a reason for the issue. As nothing is mentioned in the TOS or Rules.

    • Steinbukk
      Steinbukk commented
      Editing a comment
      I got only 2 accounts, cant log in with eather.

  • #4
    if I am doing something wrong obviously I want to be aware of it and stop doing it.
    Hmmm post count padding.

    Aware of it yet still doing it, just saying. There are at least 3 other subjects on the log in issues right now. One in general and two in issues and feedback. Of course you needed your own again.

    Comment


    • Cyberstone
      Cyberstone commented
      Editing a comment
      Let's define irony:

      I am post count padding by bringing up a legitimate issue and comprehensively presenting it, yet your post about my post padding is somehow, not padding your OWN posts? Along with the numerous other posts you've made to troll me about my posts?

      Cool story bro, great contribution to the community. You in no way seem bitter.

    • Athyra
      Athyra commented
      Editing a comment
      if not this thread, then 99% of your posts

  • #5
    I've been periodically receiving this message as well. This is either caused by a problem in the network connection or possibly because the login server is too busy to accept the connection. However, this error is not caused by abuse or too many logins.

    Comment


    • #6
      Hey everyone,


      Just for the records, there IS a limit to the number of account you can use per IP per day.
      Once you hit that limit (which is around 30), you will be blocked for 24 hours.

      Note: the timer resets every time you attempt to connect.
      So if you try to reconnect 23 hours after being IP-blocked, the counter will reset back to 24 hours. So you probably do not want to do that!


      Best regards,
      PS: I'm at home, and I'm basing this message on my memory. The timer might actually be longer, or shorter, but I'm fairly confident it is 24 hours.
      Huronhen, Community Manager sur Rappelz.

      Comment


      • BahlUni
        BahlUni commented
        Editing a comment
        It would have been nice to have known this before.

        It took ages for me to find some specific underground gear on a mule toon with for example only gloves. Dumping cool stuff in a unit card helped somewhat, but trying to find some specific item can take ages. I decided to make an account for each circus item and planned to sort them by using the char slots available on it. That are quite a lot of accounts already in addition to main account, slaves and mule accounts. Would it be possible to get custom color labels for gear (they can work like unit cards with a different color) so you can keep them apart easier? Sorting through hundreds of identical looking random stat gear is a pain and a time waster.

      • G12x
        G12x commented
        Editing a comment
        Tbh, who the fk makes 30 accounts?

      • BahlUni
        BahlUni commented
        Editing a comment
        I obviously did, but for me it was because of the random circus gear and not wanting to spend 20 mins + to look through hundreds of random stat items like I do now for underground gear. Especially since the new gear drops and I play on a drop server. So I made one account for each type of circus gear. That's 18 already and it pushed me over 30..

        Apart from those I used to use 2 main accounts before they introduced HV buffs. When I swapped server I kept all main toons on one account and use the 2nd to check up on friends on my old server. I also have some mule account (3). Then there are the usual sandbox era slave accounts along with a mb heal + bleed slave (8).

        So that's 31 accounts that I (planned to) log in at least occasionally.. If there was a better way to keep random stat gear apart, I would have had "only" 14 of which I would have used 6 almost every time I play. Then there are some other accounts that I stopped using over the years.

        2 accounts for bypassing the 1 hour cd on arena scrolls and another 2 that had ursa toons on my old server. 3 alt / slave power leveling toons of various levels and lastly 4 accounts with dead slaves at con rooms in cv and pp for easier koala finding and teleporting to them.

    • #7
      Originally posted by (CM)Huronhen View Post
      Hey everyone,
      Once you hit that limit (which is around 30), you will be blocked for 24(ish) hours.
      Woah, measures being taken against ruppee roaches AND login event abusers!?

      Salamander - Naga -
      Undine
      RedSkies - DarkCircle - AncariasRappelz - Moderated

      Comment


      • #8
        Originally posted by (CM)Huronhen View Post
        Hey everyone,


        Just for the records, there IS a limit to the number of account you can use per IP per day.
        Once you hit that limit (which is around 30), you will be blocked for 24 hours.

        Note: the timer resets every time you attempt to connect.
        So if you try to reconnect 23 hours after being IP-blocked, the counter will reset back to 24 hours. So you probably do not want to do that!


        Best regards,
        PS: I'm at home, and I'm basing this message on my memory. The timer might actually be longer, or shorter, but I'm fairly confident it is 24 hours.
        You're my Huro. (What I did there, you see it?)

        But in all seriousness, it's nice to receive official word on this and know what the limits are and etc, it is definitely helpful to know to wait 24 hours before attempting to reconnect. Hopefully this helps a lot of people out who are experiencing issues.

        Thank you!

        Edit: Also, could this be put in announcements or maybe amended to the ToS or something some place so people know for the future? And perhaps once the details are exact.
        To the legend...

        Comment


        • Mochatroid
          Mochatroid commented
          Editing a comment
          Where's the line? I happen to have a few accounts, I have been logging 2 of them because I happen to have 2 computers. Is that also wrong enough for you to be mad at poor ol', relatively-broke-for-my-level me? (Doing it for the transmogs tbh, to use, not to sell!)

          :'(

        • Cyberstone
          Cyberstone commented
          Editing a comment
          Mocha banned for exploiting the event.

        • Mochatroid
          Mochatroid commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess I deserve that...


          T_T

      • #9
        Originally posted by Cyberstone View Post
        I am remaking this thread now that I have a more comprehensive understanding based on in-depth discussions with other players experiencing the same problem. Here is the error:



        I have been unable to login to ANY of my accounts for the past 2 days. Yes I have admitted that I do in fact have 30 accounts. However, what I failed to preface is that these accounts are NOT newly created, not a single one. Every one is at least 2 years old. Now can the argument be made that I am exploiting or somehow taking advantage of the event? Absolutely. And I understand those that see it as excessive or greedy.

        However, under old management, and I used to be a mod and close to a few GMs years back, I asked about this specifically, is there a limitation to how many accounts one person may have/use and how they may use them and I was told there was not. Now that WEBZEN is in control, this may have changed. If so, that is understandable and I, along with many other players, would like to know what the new rules/guidelines regarding this are.

        For the first 5-6 days of this event I didn't have any problem doing what I was doing, logging my accounts and leaving my alt accounts on for the 2 hours or whatever. Then when I remember I had some extra account and tried to log the 31st one, that's when then problem started and I've been blocked out since.

        So while I see people may disagree and see that I am taking advantage or exploiting this event, I did not intend to. Obviously yes I will have the items. What was my plan to do with them? No clue. I mean, there are others doing the same thing, not that it makes it right, I am just saying there are many people with 5, 10, 20+ accounts all doing this. That's why there's a 1,000,000 of those summoning scrolls out there right now.

        Am I willing to lose all of my accounts over a few summoning scrolls? Absolutely not. I'd like WEBZEN, if possible, to clarify what is acceptable and what isn't as far as this goes. If something has been implemented to try to stop botters from auto-playing and making rupees then I think that is fantastic, but if that is what is causing this snag then that is a completely separate issue.

        Just to clarify 5, of my 30 accounts I actively play, the others are for storage. All of them have registered emails. but if WZ were to say, "okay we think an acceptable number of accounts for one household/IP address to have is 5 (or 10, or whatever)", then I, along with most others I believe, would be willing to accept and agree with that. I do not think 5 is an excessive or unreasonable amount, especially with all the buff slaves people want/have these days.

        Also, I am not the only one getting this error message, there are people who have been logging maybe 4-5 accounts that I've talked to also experiencing this problem. Some not quite as severe as me, but suffering from DC's and the login issue and etc. There seems to be something going on. Many people have said I am abusing the event - fine. I will publicly state that I will forfeit ALL of the event items in exchange for a clarification on what is and what is not against the rules and be able to get back into the game.

        And just to clarify further, as far as I know my account(s) have not been suspended or banned, I simply cannot reach the server selection screen and receive the error displayed above.

        Please feel free to leave your comments/opinions but on this one I think it would be more helpful to be constructive rather than flame so that hopefully WEBZEN can clarify for all of us what exactly is going on with this issue. Thank you for your time for those of you who have read this and are going through the same thing.

        I am having the same problem. It wont let me log in my accounts it says they are already logged in, and earlier i was having the same issue but after a restart it worked. Now I can not log them in with it saying "already logged in". There were 2 that were able to get in and get to the undine server but it sat there and tried connecting with no luck which eventually said that the server could not be reached or something to that effect.

        Comment


        • Steinbukk
          Steinbukk commented
          Editing a comment
          same prob i have, cant log in with eather accounts. Get as far as servers then it failes. So much for HV pass and event stuff

      • #10
        OK..Im upset now!!!! I've been playin for a few hours now and while about to unload some hate on Betrayal my screen locks up. I look over at my sons PC and to no surprise the same issue. This is lame!!! Sept 12th I will be moving on to better things... ****Archieandjughead here i come..... Fix your issues whoever is behind the wheel - btw same issue mentioned above with only two accts myself and two for my son. Damn it all I just tamed Circus Boss today as well. Not happy at all...

        Comment


        • #11
          Ok now I know it's 30, all I need is another 27 accounts and 28 PC's to be able to log them all in for two hours apiece. I thought multi logging had been banned, so perhaps someone can enlighten us as to how to achieve the 2 hour log in on so many accounts using one or at best two computers (without breaking the ToS)?
          Classic quotations: No issue here. Closing this thread.

          Comment


          • Cyberstone
            Cyberstone commented
            Editing a comment
            Its not going for the 2 hour, its going for the "just for logging in" prize, which was the boss scrolls. That's the only reason I did it. They are all sitting on all the accounts still, didn't really even have any plans for them. Just logged them to do it and that's when I discovered this and others as well a few days into the event.

        • #12
          I had to lol at Chrono... Tamed the circus boss and instead of doing a jigg he's QQ. I'd be dancing whether I could log in at that particular time or not....

          Comment


          • #13
            ive been playing pretty much every day for 6 years lol definitely got no life my buffslave on laptop dc'ed a lot I reclogged it cant back 4 hours later put my login and pass absolutely nothing happens just freezes cant get into my main or my bufflsave account pretty sure my ip is banned this is day 5 no rappelz totally sucks

            Comment


            • #14
              i was about to say that i talked to one of my guildmates and he said he will be banned for 24 hours because he relogging couple of times .and he said that he was bugged lol, was shocked coz we dont know about the "banned" thing yet that time .. but anyway CM already told about what is really happening anyway...

              Comment


              • (MOD)Hawk4hire
                (MOD)Hawk4hire commented
                Editing a comment
                He shouldnt get the 24 hour "time-out" unless he signed in or attempted to sign in more than 30 diff accounts from same IP. The same account and same IP can sign in and out more than 30+ times.

            • #15
              I also asked this on the French forum:
              What happens if you crash and restart the same account again? Which happens quite often, especially if you go to flea market and reach the memory leak or due to server crashes on the US servers at the moment...Logging in the same account several times counts as one account only or as several?
              Relogging between characters on the same account hopefully does not count?

              Comment


              • MadHatteress
                MadHatteress commented
                Editing a comment
                1) get yourself a framerate limiter to make sure you have less gpu load / less lag
                2) disable people in town during log-in events to avoid crashes
                3) if you're too curious about player shops, limit grafics / textures / zoom in till you can't zoom any further and walk slowly at flea market, to give your client time to load smaller areas to stay logged in longer even with people in town enabled

                4) relogging the same account between midnight UTC day one and midnight UTC day two = counts as one time.

              • ThunderNikk
                ThunderNikk commented
                Editing a comment
                Limit of accounts logged in per day per IP.

                The same account logged in 30 times has no affect on this.

              • HeavenlyBuffer
                HeavenlyBuffer commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the replies. That's good to know. I play with people off in towns, but Flea market sometimes is a challenge.
            Working...
            X