Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rappelz Client crash[ERROR]+A solution and recommendations.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rappelz Client crash[ERROR]+A solution and recommendations.

I had a problem which caused a crash in the Rappelz client (the screen of server choice)
    today reviewing the Windows event viewer I found that the problem is caused by a file called "OldNewExplorer32.dll" (file of the program Old New Explorer) which conflicted with SFrame.exe (Rappelz file)

My solution:
    I removed the dll file and the problem was resolved.

//Maybe this post is helpful, since the program OldNewExplorer is used much in windows 8 (to modify the Explorer.exe and use themes for Windows)

Recommendations: Check the Event Viewer for information about messages, warnings or errors displayed (events)
    Event Viewer would provide specific information about why the event occurs...

PS: sorry for my bad english
    -John

Thanks for the tip. It is always good if people come with a problem and have a solution as well.

Though this is not an essential dll, I tend to not fix things that are not giving me any problems. Could you describe the problem you had in more detail?

Did you crash every time when you got to server selection? Have you tried other things as well (for example rebooting)? With which version of Windows did you have these issues?

Comment

Dude! you are the man. After searching for a while and becoming frustrated. You saved the day. thumbs up!. I was about to start my sniffing glue addiction again. No more rehab, thanks to you.

Comment

• Mochatroid
        Mochatroid commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL
        You're missing out though...

• Luzinferno
        Luzinferno commented
        Editing a comment
        That's great! lol me too, lost a lot of playing time D:
        Now playing B|

Originally posted by (MOD)Baell View Post
      Thanks for the tip. It is always good if people come with a problem and have a solution as well.

Though this is not an essential dll, I tend to not fix things that are not giving me any problems. Could you describe the problem you had in more detail?

Did you crash every time when you got to server selection? Have you tried other things as well (for example rebooting)? With which version of Windows did you have these issues?

I tested it and this is correct, when I move again .DLL file to the place of conflict, the error occurs (the error may occur not only in the selection of the server occurs, it may be basically any web information within the game as the Item Shop or help page)

Here is information about the problem (In event detail)
      EventData:

SFrame.exe
      568e295d
      OldNewExplorer32.dll
      55f5c826
      c0000005
      000011e5
      b1c
      01d1556913826c5d
      C:\Webzen\Rappelz\SFrame.exe
      C:\Users\Juan\Documents\Windows\OldNewExplorer\Old NewExplorer32.dll
      a79a628b-c15c-11e5-8258-001167ce8a96

Yes, I tried to reboot, reinstall, change settings, everything, but when I found the mistake I made several tests and was definitely conflict with .dll the cause of the error.

And as I mentioned this dll is part of a program widely used in windows 8 and 8.1 to change the Explorer.exe and to apply themes ...
      and as it is a program for windows 8 is not normal that these problems occur in Windows 7 (but change the operating system is not the solution, the solution is to delete the file OldNewExplorer32.dll or uninstall OldNewExplorer program)

Notably that a user was able solve the same problem thanks to the information in this post xD

PD: sorry if my english is bad D:

Comment

Working...
      X