[Windows 10] And Now.. Pt2 of the game's meanness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Windows 10] And Now.. Pt2 of the game's meanness

In my previous fforum I said that the game always caused my laptop to crash, but eventually, it decided to work. But now I have another problem, the game refuses to open at all. I tried to optimize it and did the repair, but it is the same result. I have yet to do a reinstall (which I'm doing right now as I'm writing this forum).

Did you try restarting your computer first before the reinstall. (Note: I am posting this after they already posted that they were trying a reinstall.)

Comment

What sort of crash are you getting? Is it a Blue Screen ( Blue Screen of Death / BSOD) ?

If so, your crash dumps and Event Viewer might (low low chance, like taming a Unique sort of odds) reveal something useful.

Comment

• Mochatroid
        Mochatroid commented
        Editing a comment
        Oops, yeah I was still on the other issue.

What sort of crash was it? (Windows BSOD logs should still be available).

Also, Cyber's questions below. Figuring out a cause could help other people too.

I think we may have an information gap between

Game not working at all and game now refusing to boot up at all.
      • When you got the game to start working, how did you do that? (If you know)
      • Once you did get the game working, how frequently did you play it and for long? (i.e., a few hours daily, or, once or twice a week only)
      • It seems it's been maybe about 6 weeks between problems, since then have you made any significant program changes? Like installing new software or major updates?
      I think providing some of that information may help in assisting you.
      To the legend...

Comment

I just finished reinstalling and the game still doesn't open anymore. I just started playing the game again recently. And I did install new things on my computer but it never messed with the game before, its the same old stuff I had before upgrading to Windows 10 and after the upgrade AND formatting my entire computer (The game even worked before Windows 10 since the entire OS format that I had to do because it started running slow). The game starts up that splash loading logo but it never opens up the actual game, just has that loading logo.

Comment

• Cyberstone
          Cyberstone commented
          Editing a comment
          Well what are the specs of your computer? If it is a relatively old computer, then that splash logo can stay up on the screen for a VERY long time ...

However, in most cases if you have even a 'decent' computer it should not stay up longer than 30 seconds to 1 minute ... but again, it all depends on your computer. Most importantly the RAM.

• LegendaryWolf12
          LegendaryWolf12 commented
          Editing a comment
          The game has worked on this computer before, it even loaded up after about 10 seconds.

Just delete the splashloading.exe from the Rappelz folder. On some computers it has been known to keep the game from opening when it runs keeping the program listed in a not responding state to the operating system. Deleting it will keep it from running but will not affect the games execution.

Comment

Now the game isn't loading and it keeps saying that GameGuard has crashed. It saying that something is wrong with the ​erl files in Rappelz

--UPDATE--
          The error doesn't show up but the game begins starting up (with the rappelz logo and the nGameGuard status) and a little window opens and then suddenly closes.

--Another UPDATE--
          Now the client says that the game has already started.. but the game is closed and I do not see any processes of the game in the task manager

Comment

• Cyberstone
            Cyberstone commented
            Editing a comment
            Restart computer again, then delete the GameGuard folder, and try again.

• LegendaryWolf12
            Editing a comment
            That seem to make it worst, nothing is showing up at all now, and when I try to run it again, it says the game is running but I see nothing on the screen

Are you using a virus scanner and did you set exceptions in that?

Comment

• (MOD)Baell
            (MOD)Baell commented
            Editing a comment
            I am not familiar with McAfee, but a google search got me this: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/inde...0998&pmv=print

Try setting the gameguard folder to the folder exclusions and the launcher as an individual file it should ignore.

• LegendaryWolf12
            Editing a comment
            I looked at the link, but it seems to apply only to a certain version.. I have McAfee Total Protection (which I thought was the same thing but apparently not)

• (MOD)Baell
            (MOD)Baell commented
            Editing a comment
            Try to disable it temporarily and see if that works. If it does, you should try some googling of your own or find someone that uses your version of McAfee..

I always forget to ask about antivirus. I use a combination of Defender, VMWare, Experience and Sheer Luck - it's gone pretty well so far.

GameGuard is a dirty dirty rootkit (seriously!), so naturally it doesn't want you to use AntiVirus.

It's definitely worth trying to disable it and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Its off but it still gives that error report and it doesn't open

Comment

You dont have an AMD / ATI card with raptr installed do you?

Comment

I do acutally but the game today after having uninstalled it a few days ago and installing it again today, the game decided to come back to live mysteriously

Comment

• (MOD)Alexander
                  (MOD)Alexander commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In that case, expect more trouble to come - game guard and raptr aren't exactly good friends.

I dont have Raptr installed now, but I'm having issues trying to fix the screen size in full screen (its a small box instead of the entire box). The setting is greyed out in both Windowed and Full screen mode

Comment

You have to set the graphic options to "custom" or "user controlled" (it is different depending on whether you are using the in game options or Rappelz config) in order to be able to set different resolution sizes.

If you have the options preset to "high" "medium" or "low" setting choices they all have a default resolution setting that can not be changed.

Comment

Working...
                  X