Old pets need some love too

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old pets need some love too

With the release of new, non soul pets into the game, devs showed us that they can make old, but goodie, pets viable by fixing their skills to match the "new standard".
    Any plans to make this happen? I could see players using blue pixies, angels and all the awesome pets there are gathering dust in inventories or are relegated to be belted.

Sorry if this topic belongs to another forum section.

I kind of take exception at you saying the devs have shown they can make old but good pets.

Gala had very little to do with these pets until a very late stage. They were created primarily by Nazgul and the QA team. Fortunately, if older pets are ever to get any sort of rework it would most likely also be done by us!

These pets provide a new template and a new standard to work to so it should be possible to make changes to other pets to fit the template. Building on their existing skills for example. Ultimately it comes down to whether we are allowed to work on them.

For me, the pets of Rappelz were always one of the biggest draws of the game. So I am thoroughly enjoying seeing the pets we put so much effort into and spent so much time creating being enjoyed by players as much as they are and I'm sure Nazgul feels the same.

Comment

• YummyPie
      YummyPie commented
      Editing a comment
      you guys did very well I'm sure the Rappelz community appreciate all that you have done for the game

ever since you guys started to influence the game it's been improving so much

way better than when it was only gala and I'm sure they are the bottleneck on everything

from the class balance to project 7 and hopefully more I sincerely say thank you

• Majocue
      Majocue commented
      Editing a comment
      It really seems like they did a good job with the new pets. Clearly, greater diversity animates the game, but if I have to criticize something, it's the difference in unity, for example, between Ethereal Pixie and Wind Pixie they should also add the search by name in the auction house

• (QA)Tharja
      (QA)Tharja commented
      Editing a comment
      There may have been some reasoning behind the Wind Pixie's values being higher than the Ethereal Pixie's. I usually create notes in such cases, but I don't seem to have any in this instance, so it may also simply be a mistake.

Frequently when new items are added to the game they cannot be searched for in the auction house. Nazgul can probably fix this himself but I can't say for certain. Hopefully Gala will provide some bug fixes this week though.

I'm sorry for not knowing about the non involvement of Gala devs into the creation of these new pets. You guys did a fine, I believe. Is there a way to us, the players, to contribute in a possible revamp of the old pets? Suggesting skill changes, their values?

Comment

• (QA)Tharja
      (QA)Tharja commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome to give suggestions on how you think the old pets could be improved, give ideas for what you think could be done with the pets to build on their existing skill sets etc.

Originally posted by (QA)Tharja View Post
    I kind of take exception at you saying the devs have shown they can make old but good pets.

Gala had very little to do with these pets until a very late stage. They were created primarily by Nazgul and the QA team. Fortunately, if older pets are ever to get any sort of rework it would most likely also be done by us!

These pets provide a new template and a new standard to work to so it should be possible to make changes to other pets to fit the template. Building on their existing skills for example. Ultimately it comes down to whether we are allowed to work on them.

For me, the pets of Rappelz were always one of the biggest draws of the game. So I am thoroughly enjoying seeing the pets we put so much effort into and spent so much time creating being enjoyed by players as much as they are and I'm sure Nazgul feels the same.
    Just the idea of this makes me happy seeing how the forest pixie is, if that was translated to all pets of all tiers there would be so much more variety in what people use i really hope they let you guys do more.

Comment

Working...
    X