Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @GM: Enabling New players

Hello Webzen Community, Hello Webzen GMs/Mods,

I've seen it quite a lot of people starting the game grinding to lv 120-160 and afterwards stopping to play.
    Why? Cause the majority of the game is already within the 180+ range, and we don't take time for people that are not in our guilds.
    Don't want to challenge single people that help a lot, I'm talking overall here.

How could we enable Newcomers in the game?

- There are guides all over the Forum; a mod should structure this and challenge the community to write About Topics with a small reward.
    For example - there are guides About the templar or lich which is good, but there is None About the Magus. A guide that will cover a certain amount of points within the guide, for example, Equipment, pets, way of playing would get the thread holder 1.000 WCoins.
    Same with different Topics such as from lv 1-160, how to equip to be enabled form 160-175 and where to get this stuff.

Do this once and link this to the help window in the game! And ask the Player to read in the help window.

- Fixed implementation of devildome coins with the Isla NPC.
    Even if you get lv 175 thru getting pushed or levelling in small Dungeons, you get to the Point where DD is way to hard for those.
    Why did you implement the Coins for timed Frames? How About a fixed implementation but equip at most +20.

I don't think that you guys would lose out on this, some people won't upgrade eq if they have that - but those would also run with +12 eq so whatever?
    But I think enabling People more, and they have to see and try to understand and increase demand.

There are probably lots of Things you as webzen or we as community can do, doing Nothing will decrease the community base even more.
    Thanks and Cheers,
    Sunair

part of the problem is repetition after 153/154

you can hit 154 in a couple of hours or faster solo but after that its a repetitive none stop grind without variation ( looking for group for ROA which isn't common anymore)
    hidden dungeon just drag for ever , so the only real way is to find a leech party.....that drags on forever....

the lack of gear is also a huge problem because the markets are controlled by whales (they have billions across multiple accounts and charge stupid sums for even basic gear that means nothing to them) they also abuse events to make more items to sell where is the average new player has no chance at all.,..people go to say do this do that do this ...but the average (noob) new player will no way near be geared enough to do any of it without grinding themselves into oblivion , there's also bots bots and oh yes more bots , which in some cases prevent you from completing quests (which quest 2 perfect example that place is spammed by bots one shotting everything) then the markets are spammed with thousands of pet card stacks at also silly prices,

the repetition at 154+ bored me off the game and the pets themselves became completely useless at this point too unless you can pay out for one leveled much higher...

Comment

oh then there's stuff like this which ruins most games
      Last edited by (QA)Tharja; 01-07-20, 06:43 PM. Reason: Link removed

Comment

Hi, I agree it is very hard right now for new players. Unlike a decade ago, most of the player base is concentrated in the higher levels. This indeed makes it hard to create dungeon parties for anything below devildom.

I think the priority should be to stop the bots.
        Secondly, an increase in level range for dungeon parties (currently 15 levels below 175) would too.

You make many good points just one small thing:
        Originally posted by Sunair View Post
        Hello Webzen Community, Hello Webzen GMs/Mods,
        - There are guides all over the Forum; a mod should structure this and challenge the community to write About Topics with a small reward.
        For example - there are guides About the templar or lich which is good, but there is None About the Magus. A guide that will cover a certain amount of points within the guide, for example, Equipment, pets, way of playing would get the thread holder 1.000 WCoins.
        I made a recent magus guide not long ago: http://forum.webzen.com/forum/en/rap...20-magus-guide
        Last edited by Lamalas; 01-07-20, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Sunair
          Sunair commented
          Editing a comment
          Please don´t take offense to that, I did not check what is there and what is not. I just wanted to make a point and I don´t know shi* about magus

Originally posted by Simon101 View Post
        part of the problem is repetition after 153/154

you can hit 154 in a couple of hours or faster solo but after that its a repetitive none stop grind without variation ( looking for group for ROA which isn't common anymore)
        hidden dungeon just drag for ever , so the only real way is to find a leech party.....that drags on forever....

the lack of gear is also a huge problem because the markets are controlled by whales (they have billions across multiple accounts and charge stupid sums for even basic gear that means nothing to them) they also abuse events to make more items to sell where is the average new player has no chance at all.,..people go to say do this do that do this ...but the average (noob) new player will no way near be geared enough to do any of it without grinding themselves into oblivion , there's also bots bots and oh yes more bots , which in some cases prevent you from completing quests (which quest 2 perfect example that place is spammed by bots one shotting everything) then the markets are spammed with thousands of pet card stacks at also silly prices,

the repetition at 154+ bored me off the game and the pets themselves became completely useless at this point too unless you can pay out for one leveled much higher...

Agree, I mean even if there should be Abit of a struggle to get to from 153 to 175, why not facilitate it with a decent amount of gear.
        Let´s say you have nothing, no money first time Rappelz. After the quests of to 153, you paid the last amount of money you have towards the sword quest.
        Afterwards, what then? Where do you farm? From our standpoint of view, it´s easy to pick a class that is easy to handle even with bad eq and kill mobs the yetis and wolves south of Devildome. Okay - but for a newcomer? Why is there no instant quest that pops up after hitting MC like - hey check out this and check out this - don´t give much EXP but let people understand what and where what is.

No joke I have a guild member that asked me a couple of weeks ago where we get non-crap eq to sell to the NPC from… shit, he is 205 and running DD4-5 solo... Why we as a group pushed him and helped him to get there now, he can fish/fly on his own.

Let´s say you don´t want to enable people to run after 153 directly towards the hidden, or circus or island sure get it - but at least give them direction.
        Help Window - Next Step quests etc.

Then there are those people in the game that take pleasure in misguiding as well… seen experienced players sending newcomers to crap dungeons, giving bad advice or not explaining to the point the information is usable.

This Games illness is also his cure - communication!
        Right now it is a illness ...
        Last edited by Sunair; 01-07-20, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X