Oldschool rappelz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldschool rappelz

Long have I dreamt about a remake of the game we fell in love with, the game that took us by storm and got us addicted! THE OLDSCHOOL RAPPELZ! The time when we had to play in party even in Moonlight 1, we had a healer, a tank and some dpsers! Any 1 with a BP/RP/ORC or Yeti was rich! Before soulpets and dura gear, before any 1 had anything better than an R5 +10 mace! If you too remember the good old days! comment on this thread! Let's unite in a quest to bring back the real Rappelz! Let us start with getting PP1 as the hardest dungeon, even before HLPS for the ultimate Rappelz experience!

And so I beg you, real Rappelzers of old! Let's make our dream into a reality!

Make it Happen !! Epic 4 or 5 oldschool server
    Last edited by Sylv; 25-01-20, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Yes create a oldschool server! lets do it bring back the good old days!

Comment

I'm all in. I've been playing this game since for a long time. I first started on the official Arabic servers though so this account isn't really old. That being said I want this game to have more players, have a sense of community again and be fun to play. Right now the game feels like a cheap shell that's only a cash grab (I spend too much money which is my own damn fault) aside from that all you see is people selling Plvls, and buffs or gear that's way to overpriced. I'd personally love to wait an hour for buffs in horizon while chatting with other players, showing off my BP and getting an 8 stack for moonlight, lost mines and crystal valley. I'd say epic 6-7 would great but much slower lvling and Much harder mobs that currently. Training island should be something that takes a while to finish. not an hour or two.

Comment

And divide the current population even more?
          Great idea but bad for the game's health.

Comment

so by getting back old people whos been talking about a oldschool server would be bad for the game huh? just look at Runescape,World of Warcraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Dettan View Post
              so by getting back old people whos been talking about a oldschool server would be bad for the game huh? just look at Runescape,World of Warcraft.
              Unfortunately comparing three very different games with VERY different peak time populations. Not to mention both OSRS and WoW oldschool servers were heavy commercial success already due to how popular they were through the entire media outlets since day 1. It was easy to jump the bandwagon.

Rappelz never had this success nor ever will. We barely have 2 real youtubers with maybe 30 subscribers each.

Even if oldschool servers for Rappelz did open (not gonna happen), I can assure you only a marginal amount of old players will even hear about it, let alone find time to play it. At best it will be couple dozen people or a few hundred at the very best and the game will shut down shortly after due to upkeep cost being higher than profits (back then cash shop was not so heavily supported = less money for the publisher compared to nowdays). And mind you not all the current 9.6 ver players will play oldschool Rappelz.

I started in ep5 and I loved it back then and I wouldn't mind rerolling in oldschool server but lets be real here... this will do no good for Webzen's pocket.

Comment

I think it's a great idea! it would get sooooo many old players back and did you know rappelz themselves have 124 thousand followers on facebook? if they simply put down some work they would get toooons of nostalgia players back! I'M ALL IN!

Comment

If they were to release an oldschool Rappelz for lets say epic 4 or 5 maybe? I would once again start playing rappelz like I did when I was younger! I'd love it! I'm all in as well!

Comment

Originally posted by TweekEST View Post

Unfortunately comparing three very different games with VERY different peak time populations. Not to mention both OSRS and WoW oldschool servers were heavy commercial success already due to how popular they were through the entire media outlets since day 1. It was easy to jump the bandwagon.

Rappelz never had this success nor ever will. We barely have 2 real youtubers with maybe 30 subscribers each.

Even if oldschool servers for Rappelz did open (not gonna happen), I can assure you only a marginal amount of old players will even hear about it, let alone find time to play it. At best it will be couple dozen people or a few hundred at the very best and the game will shut down shortly after due to upkeep cost being higher than profits (back then cash shop was not so heavily supported = less money for the publisher compared to nowdays). And mind you not all the current 9.6 ver players will play oldschool Rappelz.

I started in ep5 and I loved it back then and I wouldn't mind rerolling in oldschool server but lets be real here... this will do no good for Webzen's pocket.
                    A solid point. I think it can still work given time and well placed ads. That being said as much as I love the nostalgia of an oldschool version of this game I'd be happy if there was more of a community focus in general.

Comment

Originally posted by TweekEST View Post

True but currently people are quitting every single day that goes by, and there is barely any new people coming to the game. And if a new ''Classic'' Server came to the game i know alot of old players will come back.

Comment

But even more players would come back if our current game got more attention from the developers, with more updates, balances, fixes and what not.

You guys must keep in mind that a game doesen't stay up on it's own. There are upkeeps for that and the game would need a team. It can't be our current GMs as they already have been assigned to this game + what ever else projects. We can't get new team as it would just add to the cost part for Webzen and LET ME REMIND YOU it sure as hell feels like even current Rappelz has no team behind it.

We liked Rappelz back in the day but we also knew the game kept evolving. If oldschools servers never had updates, people would eventually get bored (you CAN'T argue that fact) and then they start begging for developer team, But hold on a minute... does current Rappelz have a dev team? Well sure doesen't feel like it, so for classic version to get their own dev team seems VERY unlikely.

Just trying to be rational here, don't shoot me for it.

Comment

I believe this Retro-Rappelz idea had been tried before on the private server, they are all down now.

Comment

If such a server was opened, I would make a character and try it out.
                            However, I think I would quickly concede that it isn't the version I nostalgiacly remember it to be. People tend to remember the past better then it was.
                            I have tried playing older games that I used to play long ago and remember fondly, only to quickly get bored by them again. I honestly think I'd go back to the current server because I'v grown to like the greater flexibility in gear and TP setups, the deathmatch, the better guild system, the instanced dungeons etc.

Also, over a decade ago rappelz was pretty good for a free-to-play game. These days the competition is much stronger and therefor I do not see manny players return and stick around.

Last edited by Lamalas; 27-01-20, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I started playing Rappelz just after E4 rolled out. Now, I only come here to kill some time. All the players I met and DP'd with are gone. I used to have a Knight and tanking was a skill until pets started to tank better than my character. I deleted my Knight a long time ago. I still know PP inside and out and sometimes run around in there just to visit spots we used to go and grind... and grind... Remember the grind?

I now have a level 167 Slayer with 5 TP and I don't think I will ever get the remaining TP. Just because I have lost interest and I no longer understand the game. I just come to farm and collect rupees now. I really don't have the time any more to spend on any game. Rappelz is just an easy way to entertain myself now when I want some downtime. I doubt very much that former players will return to Rappelz even if there was a server that was rolled back to E4 or E5. Not going to happen!

Comment

Working...
                              X