Monarch Awakening aka DT buff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monarch Awakening aka DT buff

It’s been a long time and this buff is used by every player but the duration is annoyingly short. I think it due for an update so maybe if enough players vote when can get it changed.
    Keep the same
    3.51%
    30mins
    96.49%
    Last edited by Anto; 24-04-19, 03:38 PM.

I would also like to mention that you could get the artifact for those but for some reason they didn't like it and removed it long time ago, i asked QA how much it extended the duration and it was only 20sec lol.

Comment

• Anto
      Anto commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I remember them being taken out after a lot of people worked and payed to get them. There is really no reason for the buff to stay 7mins anymore. The game is changing and for years the DT buff has been used. It’s time for an update to the duration of the buff. 30mins just makes sense it’s not over the top but still leaves a lot of play time with out having to rebuff. I’m hoping we can get a lot of votes and the GMs see we would like it changed.

Yes nice idea

Comment

We will get cash shop scroll... Remember taming?

Comment

considering the imbalance compared to petclasses, we would need a change of that. As BM, OL or especially MB you are either forced to build your set up with dt as ddler or, if you refuse, you cannot benefit from this buff.
        This is a great disadvantage for pet classes. I would be very grateful, happy and everything if you would come up with a new version of this buff...

I want to plead for equal rights 😉

​​​​​

Comment

Would love to see Fearia and Lamalas thought process on picking ''Keep the same''. I bet it goes along the lines of ''trololololol''

Comment

Also let people know on discord and in game to come vote. More votes the better helps let the GMs know what we really want changed.

Comment

honestly they should just make the refresh buff scroll refresh dt buff as well to 1h ya 30 min is good idea but like other guys said pet class doesn't benefit from this buff so if buff scroll can refresh it they can summon dt use the buff then get 2nd pet and use refresh scroll that way they are not forced to use dt as main pet or 2nd pet i mean is permanent dt buff broken i don't get it why they don't extend the duration to 30 min or 1h even 2h

Comment

• Anto
                Anto commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah if we can get the devs to do that it would be a great idea but I’m happy with just 30mins better than 7mins. You can always use a DT s5 is pretty good or if it’s 30mins you just need to pet scroll ur 2ed pet every 30mins. Either way I’m happy with anything 30 mins + it would be benafical to everyone at this point.

I agree with poster above, 30 min is good but let buff refresh scroll also refresh DT buff.

Comment

Tharja (I think I got that right?) seems to think that 8 minutes is fine. He obviously doesn't play a class that needs to stop and summon a DT every 7 minutes whilst tanking in the middle of a fight.

It's easy on a ranged class as you don't notice. As a tank, it could mean you lose aggro and the party starts dying.

Between this and gnoll summon for the reflect buff every few minutes and getting the timing right whilst in fights and swapping armor out of fight to redo divine cluster every few minutes (and check godly hasn't expired) it's very non-immersive. Totally breaks the flow.
                Classic quotations: No issue here. Closing this thread.

Comment

• Anto
                  Anto commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some classes struggle more than others mainly pet classes. It would just be a lot nicer to DT buff 2 times a party instead of around 8. Everything added to the game should help things flow while you play and less down time.

Buff Scrolls getting added was the greates idea cause it made it so you don’t have to rebuff a millinon times and DPs run smoother. Change is good it makes the game feel like it’s moving forward. So I hope if we can get enough votes it can maybe be something that can get looked at.

• JustBrowsing98
                  JustBrowsing98 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Considering your input to the current reworks of skills etc, yes, your thoughts are relevant as they seem to have an influence on what is changed. So your thinking that it's fine is an issue.
                  Kenshin has expressed it more eloquently than I can:-)

• (QA)Tharja
                  (QA)Tharja commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When it comes to suggestions from players I prefer to leave it to Nazgul to decide what is done. My opinion might be that I personally don't have any issues with the Monarch buffs as they are, but I have no intention of trying to influence the decision in one way or the other. I say "I don't have issues with it", not "I think it's fine as it is" which to me is a fairly neutral position which remains open to change.

As for the reworks of skills, I don't think you can really comment on what my input is because you don't see what happens behind the scenes, you're only assuming what I may or may not be able to change. Each time there is a wave of balancing I learn something new, I wasn't happy with the initial 9.6 wave and I made this known to the QA team and many players. However, I was much happier with the second wave as were the vast majority of players.

Let’s see if we can get more votes, tell people to come vote here

Comment

Originally posted by Kenshin View Post
                  Would love to see Fearia and Lamalas thought process on picking ''Keep the same''. I bet it goes along the lines of ''trololololol''
                  Not a troll.
                  For me, either you change all pet buffs, and you do so it's posible to have them also with pet-class without having to lose our current pets.
                  Or you don't change this one and the struggle to maintain it is an acceptable compensation for the boost it gives (and nobody forces you to use it)

Also, I'd suggest these buffs to disappear and have instead a new slot in the equipment window in where we can put a pet and receive a corresponding buff.
                  If I put a DT, then +1 on skills. If I put a gnoll, then damage reduction. If I put a blue pixie, then heal increased. If I put a cracken then I gain a small HP regen on hits. And so one.

If you change the buff so it last 30min, people will still complains that's not enough because it will alwasy drop at the wrong time.
                  Also, that makes DT less interesting if you can sustain the buff with a tank or heal pet alone. Or they will have to increase the cooldown to 40min ?

Comment

• Kenshin
                    Kenshin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Guess you are from the 0.01% that doesn't that doesn't know what we are talking about. You seem new to the game so let me update you.

We are talking about potential; whether you can afford a DT or not, the non pet classes have the advantage of being able to get +1 to all skills, which is a huge deal, while pet classes don't. A pet class may chose to use a DT as main pet but depending on which class it is, it isn't an optimal build. How pet classes are right now theres not many options you can pick pet wise to have the best build.

Having you main soul pets have that skill it would mean you are using a tank and/or a healer. Which again isn't a good build or even useful for all pet classes. That also means you are missing out on better skills on pets. I don't see slayers having to sacrifice crit stones on weapons, or void mages sacrificing a belt slot or anything at all to be able to use DT buff, why do pet classes have to?

The DT buff has now become a "standard" or a "must have" buff as the rest as the other "slave buffs". The player base has grown and built around it. Removing it would simply be a bad move.

If they apply the idea you suggested every single smart player would still choose the +1 to all skills due to the huge benefit.

We asked for a 30 min duration at least because it would already be better than what it is now, but ideally it lasts 1hr to 1hr 15 mins. Your point about people complaining about it because it runs at the wrong time always is completely invalid. People are only complaining because the duration is too short, not because they need to learn to not jump into a fight when buff says 2 seconds left.

• Fearia
                    Fearia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maybe it's because english is not my primary language, but you totally missed my point.

So what you are saying because pet classes can’t use DT buff with out having a DT as one of your pets no one should get the buff?

Idk if they devs wound be very likely to do this cause it’s a lot more working than changing DT buff to 30mins.

I think if the 30min change gets added it will make a big difference for a lot of players. The whole idea is more play time less time rebuff little buffs every 7-8 mins. 30mins will give a lot of time to play with out rebuffing and no keep the cool down time the same. Also I’m pretty sure melee dd pets and healing pets have one monarch awakening. So if it got changed to 30mins and keeps the same cd time you can use a melee dd pet with the buff and keep it perma.

Thanks everyone for voting let’s keep it going

Comment

• Fearia
                    Fearia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    DD melee pets don't have monarch awakening.
                    Tank pets can have it. But its instead of Feline Fortitude.

Also I'm not saying that at all. (in fact, I use a DT on pet classes, they have about the same dps as melee soul pet with the benefit of monarch awakening + their unity. They self heal, and the stun AoE is usefull. This pet is almost perfect. I'm pretty sure Iwasawa would have clear DD6 in less than 6min with a DT instead of the second tank).
                    I'm saying DT is not the only pet with a short buff that needs an increase.
                    And if you plan on playing with pets buffs, that would be nice to have a solution that works for all classes.

I'm finding since I came back this is one of my major gripes. The duration is just too short. It's breaking my immersion in the game and is a source of frustration- as I have to find a safe spot to rebuff and generally carry two DT's just to ensure I have a fresh buff on before longer boss fights.
                  Classic quotations: No issue here. Closing this thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X