Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

From Athyras post a few years ago, he says that

2 defense points = 1 point of damage reduction (if a mob hits you for 10k, and you add 2k pdef, it will then hit you for 9k)

1 ignore point reduces the mob's defence by 1
    1 pierce point reduces the mob's damage reduction by 1
    so 1 pierce = 2 ignore

ignore % calculates the mob's damage reduction with % less defense points
    pierce % reduces the mob's damage reduction by %
    so ignore % = pierce %

example:
    +500 p.pierce will add +500 damage to an attack's damage before chip, critpow, or other multipliers (i.e. cc necklace) are calcualted, also before skill multipliers
    so with 300% cpow that is +4k per chipped hit, or +4.48k with the correct cc necklace

pierce is almost as good as straight p.atk/m.atk, but it isnt multiplied by p/m.atk% such as from hv buffs or belt pets, so about 1/2 as effective as straight p.atk for the average player with about 100% patk%/matk%

testing pierce/ignore versus scarecrows is a waste of time, they have 0 pdef/mdef

ignore% or pierce% is insanely good vs super high pdef bosses,
    my 3x PB + Endairon slayer hits every single boss/mob/anything for the same value it would hit a scarecrow, perfectly ignoring all defenses
    that said, against low pdef mobs, all that ignore% is rather meaningless!

This is a very detailed answer to a diff question tho. My question is: For a player with 100% pignore, does adding ppierce (not %) still work the same? Or is it redundant?

E.g. if I have 500 ppierce and 100% pignore, will that add 500 damage, or does it stop working past 100% ignore?
    My youtube channel

Based on what athyra said I'd think that having the 500 pierce would increase the damage you would do. Like they said it's sort of an attack increase buff.

Comment

I think it is redundant. I am unsure if the changes made to pierce changed any of Athyra's post, but I think if you have 100% ignore it does nothing. There aren't many ways to get value pierce anyway afaik, so the damage difference would be negligible even with your ~1100 crit power.

Comment

The word ''ignore'' shouldn't be used in this post considering it got merged with ''pierce''. Pierce is the name that stayed. Either Pierce % increase or straight Pierce increase.

As Athyra said: ''+500 p.pierce will add +500 damage to an attack's damage before chip, critpow, or other multipliers (i.e. cc necklace) are calcualted, also before skill multipliers
        so with 300% cpow that is +4k per chipped hit, or +4.48k with the correct cc necklace

pierce is almost as good as straight p.atk/m.atk, but it isnt multiplied by p/m.atk% such as from hv buffs or belt pets, so about 1/2 as effective as straight p.atk for the average player with about 100% patk%/matk%''

Meaning its just a bonus amount of damage, while the % one depends on the target defenses.

Comment

Working...
        X