Clear All

• Hitsuyga
    started a poll Dark Purses

Dark Purses

I want the bags to return, at least one more time
    49.06%
    I don't want the bags to return at all
    41.51%
    I want bags to be removed with full refunds offered to those who have bags.
    9.43%

The poll is expired.

Dark purse have been a hot topic for a while. Nazgul is adamant they won't return, and it should be understood that he's the sole reason they wouldn't be.

personally, I want them back. I only have two left, and once they're gone, I'll take a long break until everyone else's has ran out too. I won't play with such a massive nerf to my stats. I can play without it, sure, but I can't dp without them, as despite my good gears I'd be downgraded from the tank/dd to a leech..

Do you want the bags to return? Vote below! And if your answer is no, can you mention how many of them you have left?
    Last edited by Hitsuyga; 05-02-19, 02:02 PM.

• Taurus81
    commented on 's reply
    I am 100% agree with you. There are so many ways to bring more players and more money for webzen by just adding small things to the game...I would imagine letting the pets put the same equipment as the regular players, putting rebirths, hoh and perfect enhancement scroll as regular items in CS. Things like that will bring more people and money, but hey we are not sales guys to this company, they should pay us to give recommendations lol

• Hitsuyga
    replied
    The release of epic 9.6: http://en.rappelz.webzen.com/News/All/1000000000/4945

This would be the perfect time to release the bags one more time. The GMs should seriously consider this, along with the new epic sales. Between the incoming nerfs to your most popular classes, without any boosts to the remaining being released any time soon, this would be the perfect opportunity for a good will gesture and to soften the blow of the nerfs.

Players will start to return to the game during new epic as they usually do. Will they like the fact that some people have these OP bags, while they get penalised for not playing? Will they stay?

Risk losing another large chunk v bringing back and keeping current players? While also making $$$? Seems pretty simple to me.

A comment from the GMs about if the bags will ever return would be nice. Constantly keeping players in the dark is becoming quite boring.
    Last edited by Hitsuyga; 22-02-19, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tlear
    replied
    Refunding $ for bags won't happen for sure that much I can tell you all( even I wouldn't mind at all bag no bag still was able to farm DD s6 before those bags ) .What is should happen is bags should come out again and again but in version let's say 25-35% less op and trust me Webzen would still sale a lot of them means they make $ game would be so much "broken "because bags and players would be happy that someone listen them and find some alternative way for issues that's so many players have since theirs bags expired ( some says they will quit others beg for bags day after day on Discord etc ) I mean it's win win to brings bags back in less OP form even 50% less op would be still cool I'm sure.at the end of the day we are customers and without us Rappelz won't bring profit so once in a while would be nice to be heard I guess. Unicorn server BM lv206 Mino

Leave a comment:

• Dealbreakerz
    replied
    I want the bags to come back to cs cause evidentally i was taking a break from game and didn't have the chance to buy like others. Give everyone a chance to get the bags

Leave a comment:

• Robertthebard
    replied
    Why is it, when I read this thread, I keep getting flashbacks to E3-5ish "DPLF HLP"? As I sit in HV going through my day to day, I read a lot of "buffs plz", or similar, some not as polite, posts, which also brings me back to this thread. As far as I can tell, the best thing to do is leave them out of the game.

Leave a comment:

• Python
    replied
    I want the bags back in cs too. its hard without becausae i think they are a new item that cam back so i set up my char with this. and now a few player have 10 are more bags in the shop box and the most no one so it splits the community. Bring it back fast !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• (MOD)Hawk4hire
    commented on 's reply
    Keep in mind the purses came from the devs and not Webzen. So this one is all on the devs.

• (MOD)Hawk4hire
    commented on 's reply
    True Hits - true - AFAIR - Bunny cloaks were awarded in game, as in we didnt buy them from Cash Shop. Nerfing, also - in game. GPS luck box problem was Gpot.
    I've not seen any proof or admission of changing rates of success, I suspect it but I've not seen an official position.

My point, and I think you agree, that to start taking something away from players who legit paid RL money for it is a bigger issue than a simple "we're sorry". It could have legal ramifications which is why a decision like this is I'm sure not being taken lightly. IF they change the purse and NOT fully refund the money players spent, it could have possible legal issues.

One of the better solutions would be to leave cloaks as is or change them and refund the wcoins to all who spent on them but allow the players to keep the changed purses. But changing them wholesale without addressing the money issue could cause players to doubt the validity and safety of the cash shop. I honestly think Wbz will do the right thing for the community as a whole.

• Hitsuyga
    commented on 's reply
    ...is it setting a precedent? Consider the following:

1-Bunny cloaks
    2-Nerfing any class in general
    3-The GPS lucky box problem a few epics ago (where exactly what you described with cubes happened)
    4-Changing rates of success, drop rates
    5-Exp % change a few epics back (granted this was reversed though)

They all required some good faith from WZ (Or gpot in some cases). In all cases WZ went back on its word or changed the parameters later on. This is in no way *new* or *unique*. And in some cases similarly to the bags, the players did benefit from the item pre-change. Nothing new here.

And I'm certain in the spirit of compromise, they will choose something along the lines of modification. That seems most likely, especially given their history.

• Laraki
    replied
    Thanks for the lowdown.

Considering the history of this game. The most likely scenario seems to be that in a 1-2 years it will become a common place cash shop item, and 2-4 years after that perhaps we will get an Enhanced Dark Purse that gives 30% to all stats, and maybe a permanent version as well. After all that's what power creep is for, it's hard to sell items that are worse than old items, but it's pretty easy to sell better ones.

Or maybe Webzen will just keep throwing monkey wrenches into the Korean's plans. Seems to be working well so far.

Leave a comment:

• (MOD)Hawk4hire
    replied
    In all fairness - the bags were offered and bought knowing they had the %'s they offered. Players spent RL money to buy them with those specifics, to simply change them AFTER they were bought may do more damage to the players than re-introducing them at a set CP.
    There are limited options 1) a full refund of $ spent would be the first logical choice (I too doubt that will happen); 2) leave them alone for those who bought them and let them time out as they normally would; 3) re-introduce them for others at lower CP set #; or 4) do absolutely nothing, fuss at the devs for creating this issue and let them time out never to be re-introduced in the game.

But to change what players bought in good faith after the fact sets a bad precedent. What can stop Webzen from deciding after you got the 100 Def/strikes cubes from changing their mind and saying we decided since only a few players got the 100 we will reduce it to 50? It's a HUGE trust issue that would due permanent damage to the trust in the company. And not a decision that can be taken lightly.

I'm sure Nazgul is taking all of this in consideration before he makes any decision or maybe he will decide to leave it alone and say the bags wont return in their current state but since players bought them in good faith we will honor our commitment to the players but no new bags like these.

Leave a comment:

• Hitsuyga
    commented on 's reply
    19.8% to all basic stats, crit pow (not a flat bonus), p/M pierce
    13.2% patk matk increase
    Stacks 66 times in total to give that^.

• Hitsuyga
    replied
    My take away from this is that there are two main groups:

Do something (5 votes + 26 votes + Books vote)

Do nothing (22 votes - 5 obvious slave votes - Books vote)

Do something want either (1) the bags to be returned in their current form, making a clear majority between all options, or to modify the bags (from above comments), or to refund the bags. I believe everyone from (1) agrees with the other two of these three so I lumped them together. I personally do, as my main concern here is that I'll be weaker relative to everyone else, and my understanding is that the rest agree.

The do nothing is the clear minority here, about 16 votes.

The main thing GMs should take away from this vote?

Do something with the bags. Return, modify or refund them.

Otherwise, they risk losing players in the short term (taking breaks till everyone else's has run out, and turning away returning players), or they can compromise with us and

Do something
    I'm closing the poll for now. Thanks for voting all.
    Last edited by Hitsuyga; 06-02-19, 02:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Anto
    replied
    If they return they need the Crit power nerfed to not being % to the players over all Crit power. As is they are over powered and game breaking.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X