Can't buy wcoin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't buy wcoin

So two tickets in, and I'm still being told to contact a gateway? My card works just fine everywhere else I use it, but here, it's "Oops, payment can't be processed", and Customer Service says "well, it's someone else's fault, we can't help you". I try to contact Worldplay, but if you're not one of their partners, they won't speak to you, either on the phone or in their chat. I do not have a contract with worldpay, Webzen does. If they're having issues, Webzen needs to be proactive about dealing with said issues, assuming they want to make any money.

I have neither the time, nor the inclination to jump through a ton of hoops just to get some wcoin. Bethesda doesn't have a problem accepting my payments, and neither does EA, or Steam. Only here, seems odd that it could be something on my end, doesn't it?

Edit: I contacted my bank, and Worldpay isn't even sending the requests to them. Ticket has been updated with that information, and there's no apparent way for me to verify what that payment information is, at least, not that I can find.
    Last edited by Robertthebard; 09-01-19, 01:18 AM. Reason: more information

Are you using one of their supported payment methods? https://prnt.sc/m4qsjy
    If you are, then maybe you're trying to buy wcoin on a newly created account with a low level character. Try to check those things.

Comment

• (MOD)Eva
      (MOD)Eva commented
      Editing a comment
      Robert has been around for a long time. Hopefully with updated info he put in his ticket they'll get it settled.

• Robertthebard
      Robertthebard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I'm using a supported method. As Eva notes, As I added in the edit, despite having to enter my payment information every time I've tried, they're not pinging it to my bank, so it's not an issue on my end.

• (MOD)Eva
      (MOD)Eva commented
      Editing a comment
      I do remember now during the gPot days one of the payment vendors was having issues pinging the bank. One of the peeps in Billing had to prod the vendor to solve the issue. IIRC the vendor updated their systems and borked something.

So I just went online and paid my bills, and surprise, surprise, there were no "Oops" messages, and my card worked just fine, that's everywhere I shop, but here...

Comment

So, a month later, and the issue is still a problem? I've got a response from a couple of weeks ago that stated it would be cleared up within a week, but it's not. Taking bets on how long it takes CS to close the ticket I filed today w/out actually doing anything about it, like they did with my Achievements ticket, and the initial ticket I filed on the topic issue of this thread.

Comment

Having simular issue, did you get yours solved yet?

Comment

• Robertthebard
          Robertthebard commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope. It doesn't seem to be much of a priority.

So I finally get a reply to the latest ticket, and it's "but it's your fault that your card isn't working", despite the fact that my card is working everywhere else but here. I have to wonder if my card isn't somehow tied to one of the older accounts that I can no longer access, since it always wants to hit this one, no matter what user name I try to use. I can't even access my payment information for this account, which means that Webzen has access to personal information on the site that I don't have access to? So how about, instead of closing tickets to look good for the bean counters, we try to find a solution to this issue?

Comment

Working...
        X