X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Suggestions!

I will start by quoting Nazgul:

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
    I'm currently working on creating new events at the moment whilst waiting for the next patch of the class balance.

If you have suggestions of events, feel free to make them.
    If you have suggestions of new items that can be included in an event, suggest them.

Asking for better events, without providing examples of what's good and what's bad isn't productive for the team to change things around.

However, having a drop event that drops something every monster will not happen.

1. As such, what sort of events would players like to see?

2. What sort of events have you enjoyed in the past?

3. What sort of items do you like to get from events, and how do you like to earn those items?

For me:
    1. I like events that provide me with consumables, because I farm a lot and getting items which help me farm while I'm farming is very useful. I can stockpile them during quieter times, but then use them when there are other events happening such as extra buffs or increased experience, or even other events which drop more items.

2. The Devildom Purge event was nice for multiple reasons, the event equipment enabled most players to experience a level of power they may not usually have and it still offered players with perfect gears an improvement. There was a good drop event to go along with it, and there was the +9% Enhancement bonus, which while it didn't sound like much, made a considerable difference.

I like the Thanksgiving event which drops Thanksgiving Turkeys because they could give a variety of consumables, Energy of Fire/Wind/Water/Gold, Stamina Savers and Lucky Potions.

The Cupid's boxes event where you have to pay King Midas to open the boxes is good too, again it can give lots of consumables, or you can get weapons, buff cards and more too.

I enjoyed the Ancient Archives event for the buffs and for the consumables.

Now that the drop rate has reached the higher amounts again the current Ice Princess event does seem to be dropping a reasonable amount of Ice, until now I had been a little unsure as to whether it was enough.

3. I like to gain event items while being able to do the same things I usually can. To be able to grind in Devildom and still earn the event items gives me the most satisfaction. I prefer the new event item drop method which is affected by Lucky Potions as it means that most of the time I will get an event item from each boss I kill. So, adding an event which drops useful consumables will always get me playing.

I don't mind having to collect items to then exchange for consumables, it could be random but being able to choose which I receive would also be nice at times because then I could stock up on what I needed.

Being able to farm for Cash Shop items is always appreciated too, however I feel that any CS items which drop should be account bound to try and prevent automated farming.
    Finally, as a side note. I really like the Numbered boxes and wish that there were more ways to get them because they can rewards players with useful consumables and more

Those are my preferences for events, what sort of events do other players enjoy?

• I like events that reward farming, I am a fan of self sustaining grinding, farming DD at the moment doesn't provide me with a lot of financial aid, because I pretty much have to keep every drop to progress with my gear which makes it rather hard to spend money on consumables.
    • I liked the Purge Event, because it increased my power, the event drop rate was really good and the +9% enhancement bonus was really nice, +20 food got cheaper and the server got flooded with +10 cards.
    • The winter event, because of the dungeon, which was a relief from DD and the XP&Drops were ok too (I liked that the rabbit droped perfect transfer scrolls, which are pretty hard to find at the moment).
    • I think it was the Halloween event where you got a lot of +5 Skill cards, I liked that
    • Every XP event

I like to gain event items while being able to do the same things I usually can. To be able to grind in Devildom and still earn the event items gives me the most satisfaction. I prefer the new event item drop method which is affected by Lucky Potions as it means that most of the time I will get an event item from each boss I kill. So, adding an event which drops useful consumables will always get me playing.

I don't mind having to collect items to then exchange for consumables, it could be random but being able to choose which I receive would also be nice at times because then I could stock up on what I needed.

Being able to farm for Cash Shop items is always appreciated too, however I feel that any CS items which drop should be account bound to try and prevent automated farming.
    Finally, as a side note. I really like the Numbered boxes and wish that there were more ways to get them because they can rewards players with useful consumables and more
    I agree 100%

+
    • Higher DD stages such as DD6 should be worth farming, in the past lower DD stages were better for event drops.
    • I'd like to see Dark Cubes drop again, but a lot more than they have in the last event, 3k+ cubes and the cloak is +3 (+2% Matk), the cloak from last event gives +5% m AND patk for only 16kkk, kinda ridiculous if you ask me.
    • Grinding DD should be self sustaining so I'd love to see consumables such as lucky potions, stamina savers etc. drop.

Comment

When I started this game there was an event running...It was called Christmas in July" I would kill about 50 monsters and there would be this shiny little box on the ground with a bow on it and I could open that box and guess what...It contained one event item. If you collected enough of them you could get permanent event costume items like Rangifier Suits, Mittens, Boots, Santa Hats or Bobble Hats, Rudolf Noses even Christmas Cloaks. They also had a December Christmas event that was very similar.

Not long after that there was an event "Raining Pets" where monsters around the world of Rappelz would drop a rain drop that you could double click on to open and guess what...you got one event item. Which although dropping tier 2 pets now would be pretty outdated back then it was hard to get tier 2 pets cards much less get them tamed. You could also get creature respec potions, creature resurrection spell books, creature name changes and other cool pet support items.

Then we had an event for thanksgiving that dropped thanksgiving turkeys that you could open and guess what...you also got one event item per turkey. They were really cool event items like Ancient element strikes, defense, and skill that you could combine with your normal cubes and get enhancement effects.

There was this other cool event called "Good and Evil" and I dont even really want to go over this one because I am still butt hurt over losing my bunny cloak that I worked hard for and gave up Ancient elements to have.

Then we slid downhill a little bit and I had to spell out "HappyNewYear!" just to get one event item...yeah we had to get 13 different drops to get just one event item...WTF happened...not to mention the fact that by that time you had the 2 Ps and 2 Ys and 2 As and 2 Es you needed you already had 25 Ws by that point so you had to drop 38 things just to get one event item. Yet the event items still were not that bad at that point. At least they were perm and not timed.

Now how far down this hill we have slid. You now have to kill 100 monsters just to get 10 ice yet in order to trade a drop or 25 or 50 drops for one event item you need more ice. So you kill 500 monsters to get 50 ice...yay you now have farmed enough monsters in the game to trade for 1 or 2 event drops you pick, but if you want something good you should pick 1 event item because if you trade 50 you may get something better...so you trade 50 and get...wait...what 25 ice. This is the only event in Rappelz history where they actually rob half of your farming time away from you. Not only did you kill 500 monsters to try and trade for that one event drop but hey...better luck next time we are not even giving you 1 event drop in fact we are taking away half of what you have farmed for and stealing your game time you have spent away from you. Rappelz...the only game I have ever played where screwing the player is an event. Now say maybe you did get an event item like a Stamina Saver...those things that they used to drop for us that we could use when we wanted to. Well now you better use it in 7 days because by then it wont be there any more. deco suits...timed. deco pets...timed.

It is a slippery slope and Rappelz has slid all the way to the bottom.

I think from this you can figure out what I like and what I do not like about events.
      Originally posted by Bowchicawowow;
      You continue to avoid 1 vs 1 because, I won't make you forget you lost to a trainee staff in duel.
      you will dodge everytime because you have PTSD for losing to a trainee staff in duel
      Because you got beat by a trainee staff in duel
      me killing you with a trainee weapon again
      I killed you with a trainee weapon
      OK you can stop saying it now.

Comment

• Mochatroid
        Mochatroid commented
        Editing a comment
        *sigh* I recall farming those same events as a bowfighter (except good/evil, dunno, I must've been away from the game during that event), and it was always a nice bonus getting those little boxes and wondering what was inside. I believe I immediately popped my first SS the moment I got it from a box, not really understanding its potential value, and continued farming at my slow, leisurely pace. Good times.

Not to actually defend Webzen or Gala or anything, but farming has gotten easier since those days. There are places to farm tight groups of relatively-weak enemies which are very susceptible to AOEs, and all classes (afaik) have ridiculous sustain now compared to then.

• Kenshin
        Kenshin commented
        Editing a comment
        *correction: need about 1,400 mobs killed for 50 ice, not 500. xD

In my opinion, this game require a big gold sink and it is right that event items have to be earned.

Let's do a alphabet combinations event.
      Mobs would drop alphabet letters and player can trade XMAS 4 letters for a small box. But DEVILDOM 8 letter for bigger box.

On top of that, every trade in require player to pay 1,000,000 gold to burn off gold to make golf worth more in the economy.

Rewards can be purely consumables like stamina saver, amp, luck potion.

Also, the words would be interchangeable between different festivals and patches

Comment

• Mochatroid
        Mochatroid commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 for golf ;)

Servers in need more exp and drop ewent+ buffs ewent
      So much ewent is kill the money in server

Comment

World Boss Event : spawned bosses can be attacked by tons of players, they should have massive hp and debuff's that drop items for all players attacking.Drops should be deco gear that gets random awakening, jewels for tp point quest, etc. They should think about adding a Max weapon scroll that reset random weapon stats to max such as crit, hp, evade, mres, p/m atk

Comment

Personally, I would like to see weekly or twice a month events that players can control, which would keep servers alive hopefully since 90% of the player base only play during events it seems. Have an in game system with an NPC. This NPC would allow the server to vote on the items to be dropped how ever the NPC would determine the duration of the event, like give it a range of 3-5 days, drop rate and so on. Before the event can start the server as a whole has to vote, have voting last for a day or two after maintenance ,during voting the NPC will trigger the server to drop a certain item lets call it Mechanism part. Based on how many parts are collected and donated to the NPC, then that's what will determine drop rate and duration of the event. Once voting period is done or the max amount of Mechanism part has been achieved , the event will start.

Example: NPC requires 10,000 Mechanism parts to get a full 5 days and x5 drop rate and the full list of event items, but if the server only collects lets say 1,000 Mechanism parts then it would last 1 day and x1 drop rate and only 1 item from the list at random would drop.

I know personally things such as energy of gold/fire are in demand since the servers are running a little dry from what i can tell, so perhaps things to help those that enjoy grinding would be nice and other non high profile CS consumable items could drop, X-mas Deco or even add some more into the pool, these of course would be character bound and drop from the current event locations mentioned by Nazgul.

I did like TheLeo's idea about world bosses, how ever that seem's a little dry and out of the way for most players, and unfair. With difference in gear, players with max gear will get event items from world bosses while others won't and you will see the same group getting all the loot.
          Last edited by (QA)Slave; 15-07-18, 04:02 PM.
          Slaving away so you don't have too.

Comment

• (QA)Slave
            (QA)Slave commented
            Editing a comment
            Sadly I don't think the game can support giving loot to everyone, only the person that does the most damage, how ever instead of being in the open world I think i might have a solution. Create a parallel world or an instanced dungeon that looks like the open world (if you get what i mean) so it still has that same feeling. When entering you are put into a 5 minute lobby where everyone waits and forces you into a party with others, this can only work if they make a new raid system that allows multiple parties to share loot together or one massive party of 300+ people (just in case?). This way everyone could get loot, with the current loot system I don't think it's possible for everyone to get their own separate loot.

• Mochatroid
            Mochatroid commented
            Editing a comment
            Put it to the devs that "we want" the functionality of mass-distribution of loot? It could then be applied to events.

• (QA)Tharja
            (QA)Tharja commented
            Editing a comment
            I think that it would be possible to distribute items to the entire server upon a boss kill, as we have had events which distribute items. The challenge may be to only distribute them to those who participated.

Creating a specific dungeon, where only those inside the dungeon would get rewards could work

we need lord system like flyff!

lords get a list of events they can start,for rupees/dd crystals

every new month top of altar spending people get next month the lord.

Comment

1. As such, what sort of events would players like to see?
            Events that boost the player (purge), that reinvigorate the economy (9% enchantment), and that drop consumables (every event). But if Nazgul is looking to making new and better events, he will need to increase the amount of drops. He has what needs to drop down to a tee, but not the amount.

2. What sort of events have you enjoyed in the past?
            Super drop events from 9.2-9.4.
            Christmas, Purge, Enchantment event.
            Thanksgiving, every year
            ancient archive event
            These should be repeated again.

What didn't i like: Passive events like pluto. The ice event. Egg event. Tree pot event. The last three have something in common - you combine the drops to get a gift. I hate that type with a passion

3. What sort of items do you like to get from events, and how do you like to earn those items?
            In order, what i like to loot:
            Almighty pieces purified or altered
            Deva blessing
            LP
            GPS/SS
            Energies

Then CS items like spro, ancient cubes, sealing scrolls etc. With the enchantment rate at what it is, I wouldn't even bother asking for ACD/ACS/epro events

How i like to earn it.... I like to primarily loot while i farm in DD. But i don't mind farming S2 CC eitiher. It's nice to farm for something good whilst not paying much attention.
            I liked the US event idea of changing per hour.
            I like it better when the event is connected to your drop rate rather than population.
            I also liked farming novel mobs like in the christmas dungeon for my loot. They should do more of these event dungeons.
            It might be cool to spread event mobs across the map to get us running around.
            I enjoyed doing hourly quests for drops, like Plutos quest.
            I would enjoy an event that includes some guild v guild aspect.
            I would enjoy events where the drop rate of items is boosted when in an 8/8 party. I would love some type of PvP event.
            I like the idea of a player controlled event too.
            I loved the idea of a super difficult mob that drops a special item like PETS. Do more of those.
            An event where the drop rate of a certain dungeon is boosted every two hours. This would be on top of the refined drop rate.
            I'd even enjoy simple event where the person with the best in game picture wins a certain prize.
            A BPOC:class drop event.

Other games have world boss events. Spawning reviac or some other DD boss randomly around the map every 6 hours would be fun. I'd also appreciate more mod boss events if and only if they can summon higher bosses than before. No one wants revived mobs anymore.

I'd like to see a return of log in events with account bound items.

I'm honestly not picky about the mechanism of the event. More concerned with what drops and how often.

I think the best event I could ask for is the release of class balances 😂
            My youtube channel

Comment

• Mochatroid
              Mochatroid commented
              Editing a comment
              Account-bound seems to be a decent compromise between stopping bots from farming and selling, and still allowing players of a class that doesn't farm well to roll through on an alt. Novel mobs are a'ight, I just vote that the valuable ones get named "BlackBook" so everyone talks about how great it is repeatedly killing that mob.

Originally posted by ThunderNikk View Post
            Not long after that there was an event "Raining Pets" where monsters around the world of Rappelz would drop a rain drop that you could double click on to open and guess what...you got one event item. Which although dropping tier 2 pets now would be pretty outdated back then it was hard to get tier 2 pets cards much less get them tamed. You could also get creature respec potions, creature resurrection spell books, creature name changes and other cool pet support items.
            Best event that I can recall - 10/10. I think I still have some respec potions from this event.

Events should be regular (2 weeks per month) and provide basic items that do not ruin the game balance - e.g immo soap, creature rename, creature respec, decorative items, transmog charm.. etc. I think you should be able to stock up on these easily consumed items, maybe about 5-10 items per hour of farming 'fast spots'.

Having event items only drop for people 150+ is a poor idea - it really alienates low level characters. If you are farming quickly on a low level, you will hit r5+ in a few short hours anyway. I do understand that people used to create r2 farming alts and farm fast spots for bulk event items. It was my understanding that they removed event items from TI because of this at one stage. An easier fix would be to reduce the droprate for mobs under level 50 and increase it to a higher rate for each higher rank.

The current event is kinda lame, I've made 3 R7 characters (155+) in the past week and only had about 5 snowballs in this time. I just sold them to a shop cause I couldn;t be bothered.

Comment

• (MOD)Hawk4hire
              (MOD)Hawk4hire commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree - Raining pets was the best event EVER!

As to lack of drops for those players under 150 I can guess as to the reasons - there are more farming places for those players thus more dropping. But I think if they used your suggestion as to all drops being account bound then it should not be an issue. Especially if the whole purpose for an event is to "get people playing" then the players level shouldnt matter.

1. I'd love to see more drop events and even log in events but no more spelling events.
              2. Best event: Raining Pets.
              3. As to drops - ss, growths, Godpots, Pet rez scrolls, LP, Buff/rebuff scrolls (the ones sold at NPC). As far as how to earn them - they should be drop items from all mobs in all areas of the map from lvls 50 - 200.
              Last edited by (MOD)Hawk4hire; 16-07-18, 01:52 PM.

Drop event with Recap pots.

Comment

• Mochatroid
              Mochatroid commented
              Editing a comment
              (wouldn't be needed, mind you, if itoki was still here)

Why not an event that stimulate player's competitive spirits instead of welfare based event that pretty much just reward players for farming x and y.

Break the players into 2 faction, let them compete in x number of boss kill / even better PVP.
            I am a PVE low level casual player, not hardcore like those PVPers/end game PVE raiders.

Example:
            Reward : 14 day cloak/deco item that boost p.attack and m.attack for 20% + 10 x random box of rewards
            NPC that sign up player on either team A or team B for the duration of the event
            Player kill boss:
            Low level dungeon boss 1 point
            med level dungeon boss 2 points
            High level dungeon boss 4 points

Winning = whichever team/faction have the most points
            Additional twist, the lesser player signed up for the faction the bigger the rewards
            Maybe the variable can be X number of all stats increased and Y number of smaller reward box to prevent either team with too many players and it became 1 sided.

Rotate tournaments / event format every 14 days etc

Or maybe some crazy taming tournament where player compete by giving NPC a lot of tamed basic pet
            Rank the players by %
            Top 1% get big reward with special emblem named "Crazy tamer" and stat of +3% taming
            Top 20%
            Top 40% etc

Comment

Hey guys,

We'll take your suggestions into account for future creations. Currently we're working on a number of events that can be reused no matter the time of the year. The events we currently have, aside from basic drop events, are all tied to a certain time of the year. And being honest, I'm not a fan of a lot of them...

I have a new event that should be finished, there's just some final tweaks I need to make and hopefully we will apply it soon.
              We tried to push some PvP into the event, however, it's not enticing enough to label a PvP event. The issue we face is that every idea that we think of for PvP, is that it can be exploited very easily. Don't read that as we haven't given up, just it's not been so easy to think of a PvP event that would drag PvE players to take part and also prevent exploitation. There will be bosses that require a lot of people will be able to attack and they'll take a while to go down.

There's another event that's also nearly ready which looks at exploration across the map. This needs a lot more testing and fine tuning before we can push it out though.

I still need to finish reworking/improving Halloween and Christmas events. Yes... It's July and I mentioned Christmas...

I'm thinking of creating a weekly, automated, summoning event. This would take place on a Saturday and Sunday and last for up to 2 hours, depending on how quickly the monsters are killed. I need to work out how I can make it so everyone who takes part, not those just logged in or get the drops, get a reward. Once I can do this, it won't take long to implement. (Not taking into account other events/tasks I need to finish).

If we're to repeat the Ancient Archives event, we will need to tweak it so Refresh Scrolls do not work with it. Refresh scrolls are intended to work to prevent having to reuse your buff slaves that were worked hard to get. Not to be used in conjunction with an event.

Creating numerous events like Christmas isn't possible. I'd love to. But the fact is, I don't have enough time to make that many new areas, monsters, drops etc.

We can create a system which can be ran every so often where you can "vote" for an event to be ran the following week/day and would be executed automatically. But we're not quite sure how to do this, so the more you play (Not log in) the more sway you have in the vote.

For Guild vs Guild. We want to improve the rewards for owning a dungeon. These would be issued to the team that wins a siege.

For login events, feel free to make a list of items/trading system with what you'd like to see. Every 1 hour, only once a day, different rewards each day etc. However, we feel login events don't promote playing, just afking.

Ideally we want to make the new events ourselves, thus taking workload away from the developers so they can concentrate more on future content and will get more breaks in their timeline for class balance.

We can look into tweaking the current drop event mechanic, however, it needs a review for every single monster. Which isn't quite so easy.
              We feel this is a much fairer system than the original drop mechanic that's placed in the game.

Comment

I used to play back in the day when G-Potato ran Rappelz. I have now re-started playing the game after a few years while I was in University and would like to see more challenging events much like the Halloween one they used to have where regardless what your level was you could participate in and the mobs were geared to your level. Halloween Land was a wonderful questing area and more rewarding and less geared to only High Level players... Would you consider bringing back said old events, they were fun and profitable to players of all levels. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                  For login events, feel free to make a list of items/trading system with what you'd like to see. Every 1 hour, only once a day, different rewards each day etc. However, we feel login events don't promote playing, just afking.
                  Personally I dislike login events which reward items every 1 hour because as you say they promote afking and I as I am unable to leave my pc running 24 hours a day I feel like I'm losing out on potential event rewards. Once a day log in events are fine but I think overall drop events feel better, provided the items drop where I would be farming already. It feels good as a player to be rewarded for playing more, you feel like you are in control over how much you get out of the event rather than simply needing to leave the game running while you sleep or are at work.

Comment

• Mochatroid
                    Mochatroid commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree with this sentiment, though any extra "required input" also needs to be complex enough to stump bots
                    (which is a burden all on its own, good luck devs...)

• WithoutScruples
                    WithoutScruples commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I dislike login events too, the getting rewards just for staying logged in and not doing anything for it but sit there in a clump of players is silly. I like events where a player has to go to various parts of the map to retrieve certain special items to make a whole like I have heard it used to be in the Halloween event of yore. The login event is somewhat unfair espescially with those players who have a number of bots to gather rewards!
                Working...
                X