Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So in that case I guess I wont be getting a +20 or higher helmet as it seems rather low upgrade for the cost of 20bil. Also I guess ill stick to anessa and get it to 8 sockwts as an extra belt card and an extra boss card seems to be bery much worth the invesrment. It seems my best bet is to just srag myself to level 170+ with what ever I can get my hands on and only after 170 should I start focusing on gear building?

My PC is rather powerful and I suppose it can multiclient just fine but as far as I remember it's really not posssible nor even allowed.

Thanks for your inputs!

Comment

• BahlUni
      BahlUni commented
      Editing a comment
      I did a check. With a +20 175 shield, +20 helmet, physical belt, DT buff, 2 thorned shield pieces, 2 belt gnolls, 2 s4 skells, HV buffs, DT pot, enhanced quick pot and some attack speed awakenings you can hit 959. I also made it with full RP setup and a SLK card. during the proc's. It's also at jlvl 100 with lvl 30 shield mastery, a +90 master devotion, a 31 * 1.8% from active guard.
      There is a lot you can improve on in that setup. It should be possible to go for a full RP setup without having to rely on proc effects relatively easily. I'd suggest starting with a VM, MM and DE buffer.

• TweekEST
      TweekEST commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much! This gives me something to work towards to! However I recon all of this att.speed comes at an expense of other stats? Regardless, I'll be much looking forward leveling to 170+ and taking it from there. I understand that with such setup, there is no patck% from belt though.

• BahlUni
      BahlUni commented
      Editing a comment
      Yw and correct. You sacrifise several things in that setup. Patk on belt / weapon + doesn't play a huge part on a full RP templar though. It's mainly the lack of accuracy. More acc is only useful if you want to do high level content. DE and MM slaves help with with that as well. But you can improve the setup as you progress, so you wouldn't need as many att speed / block rate things on belt.

Hello Bahl! I am trying to build salvation templar but I am very lost on what to get. First off in your first guide post you said that the best belt for salvation templar is physical deva but I don't understand how does it benefit salvation spamming templar? Wouldn't anessa or enda be better? I wish I could do the testings myself but sadly I lack the funds...

I know I might sound like I need a bit spoonfeeding but it's because I have been away from the game for a long time and only returned in 9.5! What do you suggest to put on the belt if it's a 8 slot belt? I got x3 s0 WD + mephisto right now but I am not sure how to fill the rest of the 4 slots.

Currently I am going for 3/3/1 TP and I am using +21 CC 1h mace and +20 CC shield (I am level 169). However I am not sure if I should stick to mace+shield or switch to 1H staff+MW? I have asked around alot but nobody seems to know what is best weapon combination. Also how could I improve my macc? I have macc on armor but finding macc gloves is impossible. Should I prioritize rings/earrings/necklaces with Wis+CP+M.acc?

I'm having trouble killing/hitting things right now(600 m.acc only) and I feels very squishy in RoA, sadly because Lunacy boss card don't get triggered by Salvation And my pet heals only do roughly 20k per heal. How do you counter the squishyness of a salvation templar?

Should I use wis+crit stones or vit+crit stones? Right now I use vit+crit but I am not sure if maybe wis+crit is better for lower level templar?

And last, is salvation templar even viable? Or is it more like a fun class but not really practical end-game? Everyone seem to recommend RP templar and I don't understand why? There is not much talk or guides or videos about salvation templar so I hope you can answer some of them
    Last edited by Janku7; 29-10-17, 09:02 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Janku7
      Janku7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just a little update. I decided to go for x3 s0 WD, s3 kenta, s0 DT, s1 Siren and Mephisto+Soul lunacy cards on my belt. It was the best my budget allowed. I managed to push my m.acc to 900 when buffed and it's enough to hit level 180 monsters in RoA.However I must say I am utterly disappointed. It just feels incredibly weak. I have a feeling that it's utterly useless against big pack of monsters. It takes forever to spam down a pack of lv180 monsters in RoA when I solo.

In fact, it's much faster to take down a pack of RoA monsters just by killing them 1 by 1. It almost feels like salvation spam works against 1 monster but if there is 3+ monsters then the damage drops drastically. Right now as it is,I found it much better to use salvation just once every 15 sec and kill monsters 1 by 1. My salvation damage is around 100-300k, with a 33k patk, 24k matk, 900 m.acc and 340% crit damage buffed. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I am considering switching to RP Temp as it seems more effective against packs of mobs.

• BahlUni
      BahlUni commented
      Editing a comment
      Heya,

Sorry for the late reply. The best stoned are indeed vit + crit. belt pet wise the 3 wds + 2 macc soul pets + mephisto + crusti + hector matk would be the most useful. One of the problems with salvation spamming is the low matk on gears coupled with the low matk modifier on holy ground. Especially if you hit high mdef mobs. It became less useful in the current epic because they added a fixed cool down of 0.1 seconds. Spamming the AoE was decent, but not extremely OP even before they added the CD.Anything that ups your matk helps so a mw would make you kill faster, but using one makes you get hit for a lot more.
      If you are fighting high mdef mobs, I'd suggest a RP set any day because it's not very effective with a salvation set. The salvation set is a lot cheaper which sometimes makes it a good set to start out in.
      A RP set makes you hit a lot harder and boosts your hp as well.

Hi, I am wondering if a 2H weapon build is viable for a DPS focused templar. Did you tried it?
    If we do not care about defense and tanking, will 2H weapons will bring more DPS than 1h weapon + shield?

Comment

• Spazz
      Spazz commented
      Editing a comment
      Templars are SHIELD based, if you're not going to use one get off the class.

If only for certain instances, yes it can spike damage however Templars have few skills compared to just auto attacking and the damage bonus isn't very high. Any 2H option would be a Long Bow for some distance on a single target.

2c

• BahlUni
      BahlUni commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,

Yeah, I did do a spear physical breaker + RP build in the last epic. It would do slightly more damage at high plus, but it's a lot of button pressing and the 0.1 s CD lowered it's damage a lot. Though it'll add more dps than a mace and shield on a templar, a merc would do loads more damage with a WS set. I'll add my spear vid as well. Iirc I'm using +20 170 spear, 1 piece of physical breaker gear, 2 of rp, a +24 helmet, a bear belt and a +9 physical breaker card.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7R6OfxEOgw
Working...
X