VM nerf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VM nerf

reduce AOE damage, nuff said and make 175/185 sets non-universal (why should a vm get 60k p-def and take minimum damage, mine as well have kept 100% sadism (joking))

Nothing wrong with the skills and all, just need to not be able to solo end game content the way that it can. it either needs to have low Survivability and high DPS or low DPS and high Survivability. As it stands, it has both high DPS and Survivability.

remove sadism completely or make VM's do less damage and keep sadism.

EDITED: darkness saver be 99% if sadism is removed

VM should not be able to solo + have the kill speed that it does.
    Last edited by BlackBook; 09-11-17, 02:58 AM.

I still don't have a 175 set and even can't solo S1 because getting 35k from the second boss with 85k hp. Is it what you mention above means that after i get 175 set i will be tank and will be able to do solo all stages?

If you nerf high geared VMs (60k p.def - really it possible to get?) what will happen with lower geared players then?

Here is really difficult job to do a balance for this and other classes, but i disagree with you and don't think that what you said will make a balance.. This is just my opinion.

Comment

• BlackBook
      BlackBook commented
      Editing a comment
      TL;DR, a mage class shouldn't have the same p-def as a warrior. and if they do then VM should have its damage reduced. At the very least it's aoe damage, spams can stay the way they are.
      Last edited by BlackBook; 06-11-17, 09:53 PM.

• Beetle1
      Beetle1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Superior Aoe-damage is what it is supposed to do, according to the MC description of VM. After the Sadism-nerf VM is just fine.

• BlackBook
      BlackBook commented
      Editing a comment
      nah, sadism needs to be removed.

Can't believe we're at this discussion again xD
    I strongly disagree with nerfing VM further. 5% sadism was basically crippling for any vm with +8-23 gears. A lot of VMs on Undine RBed to slayer, or corr because they couldn't survive. It kinda feels like you're propsing making VM a pure DD class, and the last pure dd class is basically unplayed now.. (WK)

Like the others have said, your gears are not the standard. Even with high enchanted gears (25/25/23 armour set) i can't solo s3 (not under 15mins, and would require every consumable under the sun), and the same would go for many people. There are other classes however that can solo with my gears, eg slayer, corr, temp, merc, and i even saw an mb with lower gears soloing yushiva like a piece of cake! Really, VM at non-maxed gears is STRONG and can be somewhat tanky, but relative to other class (albeit not the perfectly balanced classes) it's on the same plateau. I really want to get this point across - MAXED VMS NONWITHSTANDING, VMS ARE NO LONGER THE POWERHOUSE CLASS FROM LAST EPIC, THEY ARE COMPARABLE TO THE OTHER MAIN CLASSES. Additionally, if ur +8-21, it's better to go to a different class altogether.

The issue here is one for the ultimate geared VMs, i.e people with +25 EVERYTHING, and isn't regarding the class. It's about having warrior pdef on a mage, it's about the 15+15+30% damage reduction you can get on yushiva gear, or the +5k pdef on belt. This is about bringing down the bar for high end VMs to the same level of other classes (with the same gear), which ultimately is achieved with fixing the things i mentioned, and not the aoes or sadism. Repede solo'd S3 with PW gear. He did it in 15 mins. I would propose that that be made into the new 'max' for this class, rather than shifting the entire class downwards

Lastly... i know this forum is about 'balancing class' and i realise that the strongest class shouldn't have a self heal. This might be being a little hypocritical/self serving but can we consider balancing classes relative to each other rather than the ideal and original sense of each class? that would save us the risk of running any class into the ground..

TL;DR - lower the pdef/mdef/damage reductions as a whole, and leave VM alone. It can't stand any more nerfs.

a little side note: with this 5% sadism nerf, vm is super enjoyable to play, albeit I die a little more. but relying on ccs, aoes rather than relying on the two spams makes it really fun. i imagine it gets boring when you take min dmg, which i imagine is the reason you call for a nerf. i don't think that's fair. try it with +22-23 armour set, no belt, which is pretty high for most people, and reevaluate!
    My youtube channel

Comment

• BlackBook
      BlackBook commented
      Editing a comment
      nah VM is still way too strong.

• Hitsuyga
      Hitsuyga commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess playing without full +25 gear is 'wrong' in your book ^^ I enjoy where i'm at in game, whether it's wrong or not.

Blindingly arguing that vm is broken when everyone is saying otherwise.... Meh. Let's agree to disagree.

• BlackBook
      BlackBook commented
      Editing a comment
      it's not wrong, but id never grind without +25, anything less is a waste of my time.

Hello,

I totally agree with Hitsuyga we are only 4 maybe 5 overpowered VMs.

Blackbook go play s2/s3 with +20 to +22 set without yushiva / all enhanced pieces and you will see what you can do solo like rest of 97% VMs.

Best

Comment

• Beetle1
      Beetle1 commented
      Editing a comment
      VM is fine now after the Sadism nerf. But, since I am just average player without +25 everything and anything less than +25 is a waste of time in your opinion, we will never agree.

• BlackBook
      BlackBook commented
      Editing a comment
      Class balance needs to be looked at both low end players and high end players, VM is still way more OP than any other class out there.

• Beetle1
      Beetle1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yet, your demands completely disregard the 97-98% of players who don't have +25 everything, including new belt, and all possible cs pieces etc.
      Last edited by Beetle1; 10-11-17, 06:22 AM.

compare a full +25 VM to any other class that's full +25 and it will be way more OP than any other class. VM needs another nerf.

VM should not have this much damage and be able to heal passively.

sadism needs to be completely removed if damage is to remain the same.
    Last edited by BlackBook; 09-11-17, 02:53 AM.

Comment

No way VM damage should be nerfed. That's the main purpose of the class, deal damage.

I'm not yet 175, but for me it's fine if you want to change the pdef on 175/185 set. Sadism is good as is.

Comment

• Beetle1
        Beetle1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Like I said, Sadism got nerfed and VM is just fine now.

• BlackBook
        BlackBook commented
        Editing a comment
        5% still to OP, if it was 5% chance to heal, id be ok with it.

• Beetle1
        Beetle1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Even in the beginning when MC was released it was around 75% chance at max level and healed for more than it does now. Then it got boosted to 100% chance, then crippled to 5% of Max HP.
    Working...
    X