X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am SADism

Hello GMNaz and Fellow Players,

I play both Slayer and VM.

I do agree that VMs became very reliant on sadism which makes other players upset that they cannot have the same feature. Understandable.

Sadism: at 5% is ridiculous in my opinion, as a player who built a "tanky" mage and did not go full int "glass cannon" route, I made sure to be able to survive. In s3 Devildom, I take agro from tanks and have zero chance of survival with oracle and magus healing me and my pet. There should be a way for us VMs to be able to survive. It is not fair that I need to go through countless amounts of GMFBs just to play a game. I suggest 20% sadism. This is still fair to all players, just like slayer for example who uses bloody blade and revives the entire HP (also, because slayer has such high HP it is almost the same idea as sadism).

Magic Skin/Neutralize Magic: Both of these need to be reworked badly. I see how it works for Corr, because their passives and stones used is wis which goes into MP. As for a VM, there is no way we can use it unless we use all out MP and just sit down in the middle of a party like we used to do (which honestly I kinda don't mind lol). I am not entirely sure how this tweak would work. Maybe dealing dmg from magical atks or something but there is no way to use it as a VM. *The same idea as the new boss card, you get higher hp but you lower your matk*

Darkness Saver: This should be 100% when in a party with tanks. At lvl10 and +5 card without PW set, it is -55%. It feels like -100 tbh. We need a threat reduction when it comes to partying in Devildom. The tanks should be able to keep agro and we should be able to deal dmg and help the party.

Heavens Breaker/Splash Thunder: These stuns should either last longer or have a lower CD. We need them to help tanks in new dung.

Abyssal Grip: Should have a lower CD or be an aoe hold.

Life Leech: IF sadism stays the way it is, then life leech should have a lower CD the same way bloody blade does on a slayer. I do not think it should heal as high but the CD should be lower.

Most of the rest of the skill CDs and dmg are fine.

I do find it sad that VM got a huge nerf while other classes did not. I think when it comes to balancing all classes should be boosted. Not one severely nerfed and another severely boosted. I do hope VM gets some of its sadism back, for the sake of running low on GMFBs in devildom lol.

Thanks and Happy Grinding the rest of the event!

Hey Confusion,

The changes you are proposing make the vm into a corruptor - tanky and more cc. I'm not very fond of that idea, since I'd like every class to have their own role. If we make vm into a second tanky mage and keep all the damage, why would anyone still play corruptor?

Plus, if vm gets its tankiness back and the damage stays godlike, what would be the downside of playing vm?

As for the threat reduction, 100 % could mess with the 1 minute rule so that doesnt seem like a good idea. I don't like 99 % either because again, what would be the downside of playing vm? I much prefer for the tanks to get an aggro boost because my oracle grabs aggro off templars too.

As for devildom 3, what works for me is the following:
    - vit build
    - 2x spirit earrings
    - magic skin/neutralize magic on
    - darkness saver with PW pieces on (with 3 PW and +5 card it's -70%)
    - ask the slayers to spam hellstorm and apocalypse
    - ask the solotarget classes to focus the stray mobs
    - follow the chip till the mobs have been aggro'd enough
    - lay down your AOE CC
    - spam your AOE's
    - manascroll yourself

I haven't encountered trouble this way. The slayer I party with has similar gear as me and can hold aggro easily. If i do pull aggro, my build and magic skin/neut magic keeps me alive long enough for the party to react. My mana pool goes down in about 10 hits. I've found that that is plenty of time to run and cast some cc. If I'm really in trouble or lagging out, I'll cast life leech and all the hp is back.

All in all, I think vm is fine as it is now. Yes, the aoe dmg is godlike but the downside is squishiness. If vm gets more survivability, the damage should be nerfed.

Comment

• JustBrowsing98
      JustBrowsing98 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. It's a LTP issue for most VM's who have got so used to blasting away without a care and now have to play their toon and manage skills and damage.

If they did any buffing to damage or stuns etc then remove sadism entirely and shorten the cooldown on lifeleech to the same as for slayers bloody blade (without any time reductions, so around 45 seconds). SoL healing works quite nicely on a VM with a healer pet and the ocassional life leech.

Once the slayer has the HP on the mob down a bit you can spam single target skills and unlikely to grab aggro before the mob dies.

Once a VM gets the 175 gear they are very tanky anyway.

I agree with most of what you've posted, except the skins. The fact that we even HAVE magic skin/neutralise magic in our MC trees is a mistake - that is a corruptor's skill. I guess at some point VMs could use it, because the mobs hit relatively low, but it just makes no sense now.

We have sadism, which is really the VM equivalent of what makes corruptor's 'tanky'. It would be unfair if we had both.

Otherwise we're on the same page! It's nice to see someone agree about making ST have a longer duration. It's just way too damn short as it is now. Barely enough time to cast 2 spells before the mobs start moving again.
    My youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by Confusion View Post
      Hello GMNaz and Fellow Players,

I play both Slayer and VM.

I do agree that VMs became very reliant on sadism which makes other players upset that they cannot have the same feature. Understandable.

Sadism: at 5% is ridiculous in my opinion, as a player who built a "tanky" mage and did not go full int "glass cannon" route, I made sure to be able to survive. In s3 Devildom, I take agro from tanks and have zero chance of survival with oracle and magus healing me and my pet. There should be a way for us VMs to be able to survive. It is not fair that I need to go through countless amounts of GMFBs just to play a game. I suggest 20% sadism. This is still fair to all players, just like slayer for example who uses bloody blade and revives the entire HP (also, because slayer has such high HP it is almost the same idea as sadism).

Magic Skin/Neutralize Magic: Both of these need to be reworked badly. I see how it works for Corr, because their passives and stones used is wis which goes into MP. As for a VM, there is no way we can use it unless we use all out MP and just sit down in the middle of a party like we used to do (which honestly I kinda don't mind lol). I am not entirely sure how this tweak would work. Maybe dealing dmg from magical atks or something but there is no way to use it as a VM. *The same idea as the new boss card, you get higher hp but you lower your matk*

Darkness Saver: This should be 100% when in a party with tanks. At lvl10 and +5 card without PW set, it is -55%. It feels like -100 tbh. We need a threat reduction when it comes to partying in Devildom. The tanks should be able to keep agro and we should be able to deal dmg and help the party.

Heavens Breaker/Splash Thunder: These stuns should either last longer or have a lower CD. We need them to help tanks in new dung.

Abyssal Grip: Should have a lower CD or be an aoe hold.

Life Leech: IF sadism stays the way it is, then life leech should have a lower CD the same way bloody blade does on a slayer. I do not think it should heal as high but the CD should be lower.

Most of the rest of the skill CDs and dmg are fine.

I do find it sad that VM got a huge nerf while other classes did not. I think when it comes to balancing all classes should be boosted. Not one severely nerfed and another severely boosted. I do hope VM gets some of its sadism back, for the sake of running low on GMFBs in devildom lol.

Thanks and Happy Grinding the rest of the event!
      Hey,

Cant agree more with your post. But only thing what is MOST annoying 2-3 min self buffs. If they increase Spirit Of Fire / Tempest / Heed to normal time, lets say DT time or 30 min then i will very like my VM.

Best

Comment

Sadism should be removed, there is no need for it. make darkness saver 99% and make tank classes more relevant. seeing as how this epic encourages more DPing and less soloing.

also, make 175/185 set non-universal and nerf yushivas belt while we are at it.

Comment

could make sadism into a mp recove instead of hp. that way we can use our skins.

Comment

Working...
          X