2 Mayor Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Mayor Issues

The biggest issue is ofc threat. Templar has none. According to the game, there are 3 actual tankclasses... (actually always have been... with slayer being a yes/no) I and game show these with skill : provocation in masterclass | Mercenary , Beserker and Templar get extra levels in provocation... aka : Tank-classes

Mercenary and Beserker both get toggle with Hp / Vit /St etc and Threat! (skill lvl * 25) Templar does not! Where templar would actually be the one class that must have it.

The solution seens rather obvious. Make Rightous Purpose a toggle and add treath : same as other classes! (25% *skill level) that would in itself already solve so many problems.

No spamable aoe. Yes Im sure lots will mention there is this thing called holy ground. And there is. And is is a decent skill... But its mostly a debuff.. And damage over time. But at time of cast it does very little. Little damage, no threat. No threat, and no damage = no dp for templars! So we are doomed to solo till the end of time. And solo-ing.. with no aoe.. we are doomed to farm slowly. Only 2 semi-aoe templar has are skils from knight skill tree. heavens madness and judgement of heaven. They do a little damage and get some threat. And since they dont get extra levels in masterclass not really suited for serious dungeons.

Solution : Bring these skills to masterclass skill tree and up their damage and reduce skilltime by a lot! Being able to cast madness lets say every 3 sec and judgement every 5 id be able to hold the room and do some serious damage (like all other classes already do)

More suggestions then musts :
    Shield of revenge : could be a great skill. But needs work. Needs to reflect and add damage. otherwise whats the point vs mob with couple of mil hp if i reflect 30% of 15k damage.. Thats little more then a sneeze. And a toggle would make it awesome.

Deflecting shield. Awesome skill! Would love to see some more levels of this in masterclass as well.. I am a shield based masterclass am i not?

But in the end those are suggestions... #1 is a must!!! #2 a much needed boost! Without these templar will likely never see a decent dp again....
    Last edited by Supercowboy; 28-10-18, 02:06 PM.

#1 Threat - 100 % true. For me thats the first and most important point for upcoming changes with the templar.
    I don´t expect him to do more DMG, and to be honest I don´t want that at all cause of some reason there will always be some crazy DMG Dealer that you cant outstrip of the Threat no matter what.

So I´d like to have added provocation on templer only skills, also why always active?
    Add a passive that gives the templer another provocation skill, when attacking/Defending.

#2 No spamable AOE.
    Well yes and no, I think that Rappelz goes the way of getting rid of spamskills on classes that are not soposed to spam.
    The merc for example is on the verge of getting changed - but thats another matter, why is this important for the Templar?
    Cause I don´t think that this is something that fits with the general direction that Rappelz is gonna take.
    It would help to create on the one skill with 10 sek CD added Threat and the AOE Stun from 3 Minutes to 1 Minute with also added Threat.

#3 Shield of revenge already got a good rework. Try it now, it will reduce the dmg you as an templar receive

--------------------------------------

I think your points are good and a worth looking into.
    What I think is really doable is the Threat par
    My Templer is on an non pvp server on germany, where like 50-100 other players in total play any given core time.
    So I know what it has to take to maximize my chars with the little I have available. For example I still have no Yushiva Belt but with Arnessa +25 and my other +24/+25 gear without Yushiva card i reach 450k - 500k HP fulllbuffed without Serverbuffs. With the current serverbuffs and Items from the npc I reached 620k HP and did 2,7 M autohits.
    Well even with that I had difficulties taking the threat away of an Slayer with +23 EQ and 700 kritpower.

So what I´m going after is not the high volume dmg, that I don´t care about but what the templer should be in an AOE driven game and Grinder like Rappelz.
    He should be a vocal stabilizer for parties, the huge chunk of HP and Block that creates momentum for the DD´s to go all out and maximize the Damage.

Best regards,
    Charles

Comment

Originally posted by Sunair View Post
      So what I´m going after is not the high volume dmg, that I don´t care about but what the templer should be in an AOE driven game and Grinder like Rappelz.
      He should be a vocal stabilizer for parties, the huge chunk of HP and Block that creates momentum for the DD´s to go all out and maximize the Damage.
      Totally agree! And nicely worded. Stabilizer is key word! Templars main task should be to hold aggro, take the hits. So others can do what they do best! Deal damage!

Aoe is just cause i compare to merc. Merc in my opinion being the only class atm that can really hold a room (and want it ) 1 because of their treat toggle, 2 because of high output spam damage that multiplies with treat and hold mobs on them. So either templar needs something similar to those #1 treat toggle & #2 aoe | Or templar should get different works with passives or other skills u mentioned... As long as there is a way to activly hold aggro i dont care much how it is. Would be good to permenantly get away from cp mulipieriers/treat from damage.. We will never win treat based on just damage in this sense templars have been loosing out and being less ans less usefull ever since feral came out ages ago.

Comment

Working...
      X