Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overlords need Lots of Love! (Unless....)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlords need Lots of Love! (Unless....)

I like Overlords, maybe it's because they have been neglected for so long, but I like the class... So! Here, We, Go!

Charge Stab: Got a boost but, doesn't really seem to be any more worth using than before.

Concentration: Gives a nice acc boost for 30 mins, I like.

Corruption: Absolutely awful skill, fixed damage DoT.

Bloody Arrow: I looked at this, and the damage seems pretty good now! The 2 min CD is a bit long, but it has been improved!

Creature Intimidate/Stability: Only affects basic attacks, but pets can't DD enough to keep aggro, and most don't want it anymore.

Power/Spirit Support: Gives a tiny bit of p/matk and HP/MP

Combat Support: Is ok, has always been the best support, but Bestial Cry on the MB is much better.

Magic Support: Gives cast speed.... Ok, pet skills have a long cast now, but I don't think anyone has ever thought, "Oh! This support would help a lot!"

Lion's Claw: Boosts the crit rate of your main pet significantly for a short duration (20 seconds) with a long CD (3 mins). With the boost to Order of Alacrity, OL can now get 100% crit rate pets pretty easily! (I have a naked DT with 89%crit)

Creature HP/MP Extract: Itty bitty bits! with quite long CDs.

Scream of the Underworld: Kills your pet and deals a massive 40% of your pet's max HP upon enemies in the area of effect with 20 min CD. Another one of those skills that has absolutely no use and is not worth.... Anything!

Blood of the Underworld: Kills your pet to heal you to 100% and reduce all damage by 88% for 9 seconds. Good, if you're REALLY desperate, but kills your pet and has a 20 min CD....

Dirk Tornado: Hits slower and does less damage than a skill I will mention at the end. 1 min CD :\

Double Impact: Great skill for Dirk OL, but is the weakest Impact skill, 40% chance of 2 hits, lasts 7 mins, 10 min CD. With Helmet and cards, it's pretty easy to get it on permanently. However, the highest I have been able to get it is only 65% chance of double hitting. DE gets easy 100%, Slayer can get 90%+ Berserker can get 95%+.

Blood/Spirit/Halisha Aura: Gives a really tiny increase to the various stats.

Seal of Halisha: Seals the target creature for 15 seconds, with a 10 min CD. Absolutely useless. I don't think I've ever used it and don't know what it even looks like....

Dirk Hurricane: Nice and fast, decent damage, stuns! Long CD

Might of the Underworld: Although I wouldn't complain to getting more Str and Vit, I don't have any problems with this toggle, EXCEPT it jumps from pet to pet to pet to pet to pet...... However, with the changes to OL passives my (naked) DT actually gains more Str and Vit from turning on this toggle than it loses!

Miraculous Recovery: Is a pretty nice heal, it's always appreciated in a party, and recovers MP! I like this skill, it gives Overlords something pretty unique. 30 Seconds duration, ticks every 3 seconds, You can get 30 seconds CD with full PW set, but I wouldn't really go for that build.

Armageddon: Is a nice skill, decent damage, but gets weaker with more targets, however it does have a stun. Personally, I feel the easiest way to make OLs more desirable would be to reduce the CD of this to make it more spamable. However the 3 sec stun would need reducing.

Desperate Blow: This skill is STILL so bad! Consumes 50% of your MP to deal use 600% of your MP as attack power. However, although if you have a lot of MP (On a dirk OL? :\) it then becomes very difficult to recover the 50% it consumes in the rather long CD of 45 seconds. However, as you are a dirk OL (:\) you don't have THAT much MP to use as the 600% damage anyway!

OL Passives generally work fine. HP Expansion, MP Expansion, transfer OL stats to pets, all seem to be pretty decent. Although OL pets have so much MP, but their matk is still BAD.

Swift Impact: Your attacks have the chance to reduce the CD of Double Impact by 20 seconds. Double Impact can be permanent pretty easily. But no one plays Dirk OL because it can't AoE.

Overlords are.... Eh, their pets are..... Eh.They can't really AoE. They don't seem to be able to do much and yet.... There is something quite powerful about them.

DARK STRIKE.

I really surprised myself with this but, with the changes to the skill it has become very powerful, and, has a very short CD.

Behold the 2h axe Overlord, using UG armour set, missing a pair of earrings and no consumables used. (But nice event buffs).

I even made pretty pictures!

I must admit, I intended to come in, make a long boring post saying "Overlords can't really do much!" However, this was a couple of hours ago because I never intended to test things this much, and while for the most part true, if you mess around trying to break things enough, you might just discover something that works.

Overlords do need many skills to be improved, but if you spam Dark Strike, it is pretty good damage with only a 1.5-2 sec CD. (For now).

Oh, I forgot to mention!

The greatest boost any of the pet classes could receive, would be a boost to pets as a whole.

I've been saying it for a while but, #MakePetsGreatAgain!

Also, +100(+) Dex/Wis/Luck/Pacc/Macc for the Overlord's pets, (all party pets? I forgot to test that....) is a nice boost.

Oh, and Fervour Aura and Aura of Inspiration, got a bit of a boost, and are better, however overall the boosts they provide are still pretty minimal.
    Last edited by Noire; 13-09-17, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Please note: I didn't feel the need to comment on most of what you wrote - while I don't agree on every detail of the things I left out in my response, they didn't seem too controversial to me. Instead I just adressed the things that seem problematic to me ;-) doesn't mean I want to be negative or anything ^^

Originally posted by Noire View Post
      Magic Support: Gives cast speed.... Ok, pet skills have a long cast now, but I don't think anyone has ever thought, "Oh! This support would help a lot!"
      I'd suggest changing it from castspeed to cooldown. Now that would make a difference. And be unique without being *too* OP.

Double Impact: Great skill for Dirk OL, but is the weakest Impact skill, 40% chance of 2 hits, lasts 7 mins, 10 min CD. With Helmet and cards, it's pretty easy to get it on permanently. However, the highest I have been able to get it is only 65% chance of double hitting. DE gets easy 100%, Slayer can get 90%+ Berserker can get 95%+.
      I think for a petclass it's fine as it is. I really wouldn't increase it.

Blood/Spirit/Halisha Aura: Gives a really tiny increase to the various stats.
      Maybe changing them all to percentage-based boosts would make a difference. For pets there aren't quite so many of those, so it could still be kept balanced.

Might of the Underworld: Although I wouldn't complain to getting more Str and Vit, I don't have any problems with this toggle, EXCEPT it jumps from pet to pet to pet to pet to pet...... However, with the changes to OL passives my (naked) DT actually gains more Str and Vit from turning on this toggle than it loses!
      I'd leave this one alone for now. It does under the right conditions actually give the pet a boost like you said (it did that for STR before the changes happened already). Having it bounce around is annoying but meh... I'd rather not have them touch it and ruin one of my favorite skills on OL completely :-P

Desperate Blow: This skill is STILL so bad! Consumes 50% of your MP to deal use 600% of your MP as attack power. However, although if you have a lot of MP (On a dirk OL? :\) it then becomes very difficult to recover the 50% it consumes in the rather long CD of 45 seconds. However, as you are a dirk OL (:\) you don't have THAT much MP to use as the 600% damage anyway!
      That one seems to be somewhat something of a lost cause :-(

Swift Impact: Your attacks have the chance to reduce the CD of Double Impact by 20 seconds. Double Impact can be permanent pretty easily. But no one plays Dirk OL because it can't AoE.
      I DO! AoEs are overrated anyway :-P

Overlords do need many skills to be improved, but if you spam Dark Strike, it is pretty good damage with only a 1.5-2 sec CD. (For now).
      I really have to make a 959 Dirk OL one of these days... *sigh* pity I lack the cash to make a high enchanted dirk, but we'll see what I can do with lower enchanted stuff... maybe... if I find the time.

[Rappelz] Critical Probability (base attacks only)
      Moderated Guild Website

Comment

• Noire
        Noire commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't really disagree with anything you have said. I want to make a nice spear for my OL, just because the Dark Strike animation looks good with it, and it has the highest patk. Using Dark Strike with a 2h axe looks a bit strange, however the damage is nice!
    Working...
    X