This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2 Rupee's

This! This is the class that made me want to play Rappelz originally, pet by my side while my axes carve up mobs and I didn't have to bother about those annoying spiracles. Unfortunately with updates over the last few epics the joy of playing a BeastMaster has gone, it became too frustrating to be enjoyable.

There have been some interesting points made in other topics which I mostly agree with, I will give you my opinion on only a select few skills that I feel need to be addressed.

Sooth Creature : Some heal is better than no heal, I think this should be reworked into a toggle that heals all party pets by 0.5% of their health every second.
    Creature Purification : I can see the use, but it has a chance to remove 1 effect, if anything it should remove all effects when cast. Might help pets survive dots a bit more.
    Anger of Spirit : An AoE that roots the pet and has a cd of 5 min? Should be reworked into Barbarian Rage as BM's are DD'ers
    Anger of the Wild : I like percentages, cd should be reduced or buff timer increased.
    Paragon of Anger : Again I like percentages, cd should be reduced and buff timer increased (hell maybe make it a 30 min buff, attack speed for BM's sorted then)
    Girl Bear Four Leaf Clover : Awww .. I'm nice and small, other than that, useless. Maybe rework it to give a self luck buff? or drop buff?
    Bloody Aftermath : Mooooaaaaar powah! Can always use more power and a longer duration, 15 secs isn't that much.
    Savage Frenzy : Same as Bloody Aftermath, more power and longer duration (yes not wanting much I know)

Right now for the serious ones

Creature Mastery : This needs to be reworked so give more, well everything to pets and will be a huge step forward into making pets viable again at the end game content.
    Fighters Combat Skill and Dual Axe Training : should be reworked like the Slayers equivalent skills.
    Pet Unities : This is one of the biggest issues you need to sort out. I can have 2 pets out and if I have 2 unique pets I should be able to get the effect of all 4 unities! I will admit I know next to nothing about programming but if I was to fix this I would probably only have one toggle on the character that has the cumulative effect of all the 4 unities that way you won't have certain unities cancelling each other out.
    Unity of Str/Vit/Int/Wis : make these percentages.

Just my 2 Rupees, hope it helps.

Originally posted by Baza View Post
    Pet Unities : This is one of the biggest issues you need to sort out. I can have 2 pets out and if I have 2 unique pets I should be able to get the effect of all 4 unities! I will admit I know next to nothing about programming but if I was to fix this I would probably only have one toggle on the character that has the cumulative effect of all the 4 unities that way you won't have certain unities cancelling each other out.
    Unity of Str/Vit/Int/Wis : make these percentages.
    Since the Overlord has some percentage based buffs, it would indeed be cool to see the same on Beastmaster. I believe one Unity at a time is cool enough, especially if the valued get exchanged for smth like +15% or +20% of the stat in question.

An additional choice of Unity of Dexterity and Unity of Agility is something I have been missing for ten years now. Dexterity helps with accuracy, agility with evasion. Evokers will never be able to dodge like a dagger and shield OL, but since the unity is not just a benefit for the player, but also the pet, it would translate into more freedom regarding the choice of pet. Years ago I loved using my harpy on my voker, both for the attackspeed unity, but also to equip a longbow and actually go ranged. Since evoker is forced to play with axes and has no alternative, unlike OLs and MBs who can pick between going melee and mage, it would help with diversity.
    Thank you!

Comment

Working...
    X