• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (CM)PioPico
    started a topic Wcoin FAQ

Wcoin FAQ

Hello everyone,

Now that the 3 portals have merged into the new WEBZEN, we’d like to start answering your questions about Wcoin, payment methods, and “oh my, what’s happened to the potatoes?’

* What does Wcoin mean?
    Wcoin is, and has always been, the name of the Webzen.com premium currency. It stands for “Webzen Coin.”

* What is the value of 1 Wcoin?
    The value of 1 Wcoin depends on the currency used to purchase the Wcoin. Currently we only support USD ($) and EUR (€) and their respective value is as follows:
    1 USD = 100 Wcoin
    1 EUR = 130 Wcoin

* But I’m seeing weird numbers on the top-up page?
    Good point. For payments made from most European countries, we are legally obliged to add 23% Irish VAT (Our European office is in Dublin, Ireland).
    For these countries the ratio will be:
    1.23 USD = 100 Wcoin
    1.23 EUR = 130 Wcoin (0.95 EUR = 100 Wcoin)

* What about my purchasing power, then?
    For the majority of players, and because we have reviewed our conversion rates without changing prices in game, you will have a similar - or higher - purchasing power (value for your money) as before.

The one case we have identified where your value for money may decrease is if you are an EU player playing on the former Webzen.com or gPotato.com service (instead of the gPotato.eu service). The reason is that those players didn’t pay VAT on those services before – which technically was a legal issue that we had to solve.

We are keeping a close eye on the pricing of both currency and items, and will consider changes if we feel they’re needed.

* I’m a former gPotato player. How did my gPotato get converted into the new Wcoin?
    For gPotato.com players, your balance of gPotato points has been converted 1 : 1, meaning 100 gP = 100 Wcoin.
    For gPotato.eu players, your balance of gPotato points has been converted 1 : 1.3, meaning 100 gP = 130 Wcoin.

* Why can’t I choose the payment currency I want?
    Currently, our payment options are only available either in USD ($) or in EUR (€), with the exception of Paypal, which offers both.
    We are working with developers and our payment partners to offer the choice between the two currencies, but it will likely take a few weeks before it’s fully set up. We also plan to add more currencies in the future, but it is too early to give you a reliable ETA on this.

* Why isn’t my preferred payment method available anymore?
    Our goal is to provide a wide range of payment options to all players. At the moment, some popular payment methods like mobile or phone payments, as well as sponsored offers and some country-specific options are not available. We’re sorry for that, we know it’s a problem. The truth is that we’ve had to rebuild many systems, and some of them are still being tested internally. It may take a few weeks before everything is ready. We will update you once we have more accurate visibility.

While we are now focusing all our efforts on making sure that all players can access and play the games, we are committed to improve the payment options for you guys as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, if you face any issue with your payment, please contact us at http://cs.webzen.com/FAQ/List

Again, thank you for your support.

The WEBZEN team

• WaterDragon29
    replied
    wow sad news ... prices are too high!

Leave a comment:

• SaaDooW
    commented on 's reply
    the same idea i've here ........ that is unfair -.-

• SaaDooW
    commented on 's reply
    then what am I doin in the US server lets hit frensh server otherwise i cant waste my money in US server

• (MOD)Alexander
    commented on 's reply
    It's sticky, don't think that counts as necro ;-)

• (MOD)Eva
    replied
    I believe you can buy coins and use them. There are customers in Vietnam and other areas that use the cash mall.

As for that paragraph, it has been there since when a publisher in that area licenced Rapplez for a short time. After that publisher discontinued their version, the paragraph never came down.
    Last edited by (MOD)Eva; 03-02-18, 09:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nukie
    replied
    Hi I wanna ask something regarding purchasing wcoins.

Is Wcoin purchase IP banned in specific regions like Asia? Coz I wanna try purchasing but there was this caption
    "Please be aware that we, Webzen West Inc, are required to limit/restrict players from all regions of Asia via IP, due to the fact that we are only licensed to
    provide our service to the following territories: North/South America, Europe, and Oceania. "

Hence, if I am from Singapore, does that mean that even if I "buy wcoins", it will never be credited?

Leave a comment:

• Athyra
    replied
    Prices were not adjusted on the rebirth and hoh as they were on the previous sale

Leave a comment:

• (CM)Neightril
    replied
    If you're having issues with payments via PayPal, please check this thread about PayPal and payment errors.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter
    commented on 's reply
    Money gone.

Jun 6, 2014
    Payment To Webzen Dublin Limited
    Completed
    -€12,30 EUR

I will wait 3 days, then i will ask PayPay to cancel/refund or what.

• Hunter
    replied
    PayPal:

http://www.yoda.sk/tmp/wcrap.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Revoke
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, done. Thanks for advice

• (MOD)Hawk4hire
    commented on 's reply
    That is weird - that you could use it last weekend and not now? That sounds more like an issue for Billing. I would submit a ticket since it was just an option. It may be there is a re-connect issue or that they arent aware that an issue exists. Go to the WCoins FAQ and submit a ticket there.

• (MOD)Hawk4hire
    commented on 's reply
    Based on what I"ve seen so far they have not ruled out everything (except Amazon). But send in a ticket with a request to have Google Wallet included.
    "At the moment, some popular payment methods like mobile or phone payments, as well as sponsored offers and some country-specific options are not available. "
    Consider sending in a ticket here:
    http://cs.webzen.com/FAQ/List

• Revoke
    replied
    I only ask because I used it before maint, and now it's gone x.x

Leave a comment:

Working...
X