X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wcoin FAQ

Hello everyone,

Now that the 3 portals have merged into the new WEBZEN, we’d like to start answering your questions about Wcoin, payment methods, and “oh my, what’s happened to the potatoes?’

* What does Wcoin mean?
    Wcoin is, and has always been, the name of the Webzen.com premium currency. It stands for “Webzen Coin.”

* What is the value of 1 Wcoin?
    The value of 1 Wcoin depends on the currency used to purchase the Wcoin. Currently we only support USD ($) and EUR (€) and their respective value is as follows:
    1 USD = 100 Wcoin
    1 EUR = 130 Wcoin

* But I’m seeing weird numbers on the top-up page?
    Good point. For payments made from most European countries, we are legally obliged to add 23% Irish VAT (Our European office is in Dublin, Ireland).
    For these countries the ratio will be:
    1.23 USD = 100 Wcoin
    1.23 EUR = 130 Wcoin (0.95 EUR = 100 Wcoin)

* What about my purchasing power, then?
    For the majority of players, and because we have reviewed our conversion rates without changing prices in game, you will have a similar - or higher - purchasing power (value for your money) as before.

The one case we have identified where your value for money may decrease is if you are an EU player playing on the former Webzen.com or gPotato.com service (instead of the gPotato.eu service). The reason is that those players didn’t pay VAT on those services before – which technically was a legal issue that we had to solve.

We are keeping a close eye on the pricing of both currency and items, and will consider changes if we feel they’re needed.

* I’m a former gPotato player. How did my gPotato get converted into the new Wcoin?
    For gPotato.com players, your balance of gPotato points has been converted 1 : 1, meaning 100 gP = 100 Wcoin.
    For gPotato.eu players, your balance of gPotato points has been converted 1 : 1.3, meaning 100 gP = 130 Wcoin.

* Why can’t I choose the payment currency I want?
    Currently, our payment options are only available either in USD ($) or in EUR (€), with the exception of Paypal, which offers both.
    We are working with developers and our payment partners to offer the choice between the two currencies, but it will likely take a few weeks before it’s fully set up. We also plan to add more currencies in the future, but it is too early to give you a reliable ETA on this.

* Why isn’t my preferred payment method available anymore?
    Our goal is to provide a wide range of payment options to all players. At the moment, some popular payment methods like mobile or phone payments, as well as sponsored offers and some country-specific options are not available. We’re sorry for that, we know it’s a problem. The truth is that we’ve had to rebuild many systems, and some of them are still being tested internally. It may take a few weeks before everything is ready. We will update you once we have more accurate visibility.

While we are now focusing all our efforts on making sure that all players can access and play the games, we are committed to improve the payment options for you guys as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, if you face any issue with your payment, please contact us at http://cs.webzen.com/FAQ/List

Again, thank you for your support.

The WEBZEN team

Originally posted by SteelMace View Post
    First post on this forum and i wil start with the CS prices .
    1euro= 1.3536 US dollars so all the prices just went UP with how much exactly?
    before the merge 10 US dollars ment 1000 gpotatos now with 6.15 euros you get 650 gpotatos wich means that with 8.339 US dollars you get 650 wcoin (gpotato) while the CS prices remain the same.
    As of right now i refuse to buy/pay for this game , i am sorry but 35% increase in price in 1 day is not acceptable i rather pay for a better game than rappelz at these prices.

The prices i gave as example are for visa.

"* What is the value of 1 Wcoin?
    The value of 1 Wcoin depends on the currency used to purchase the Wcoin. Currently we only support USD ($) and EUR (€) and their respective value is as follows:
    1 USD = 100 Wcoin
    1 EUR = 130 Wcoin"

I did not quote your entire post since its not needed but... with credit card purchase i do not see the 130 wcoin for 1 euro .
    I am from Romania a member of the UE, so what do i have to do now to get the old rates back or do i have to buy trough a firm so i can get my 23% in VAT back ?
    I do not wat to use paypal or to use some other method to make it seem like i am from the US.

Comment

I'm in Australia.. and all this means is I'm paying A lot more for what i was getting before.. Wouldn't you think it be better if Webzen go everything Fixed and Rite before they did a merge so they didn't piss of there Customer base ?
      before i was paying about $108 AUD for 11k Gpots now im paying about $79 for 7k Wcoin this with paypal.
      And with KarmaKoin I was getting for $50 AUD 5 k Gpots and now i have totally lost this Option and are Forced to by Gpots with the Overpriced Paypal Option..
      This was already a Very Expensive game and now you have just made it 30% more expensive.

Comment

Will they be making Wcoins giftable at any point??

Also - I am in US and use Paypal - for $30 we used to get 3300 Gpots (300 as a bonus) now we get less (like 3120). So we are automatically getting less - even though the sign at the top says 10% bonus (ok it says "up to") but based on the YEARS I've used Paypal we always got a 10% bonus. Why the change and is there another payment plan that will give me the bonus back otherwise 120 is not worth it????
        Need to submit a ticket? Click http://cs.webzen.com/Inquiry/RegistInquiry/
        1) Choose the category of your issue.
        2) See if any of the listed articles resolve your issue.
        3) If none of the articles resolve your issue, you can click on the most relevant article to submit a ticket.

Comment

Using the exact same payment method I now get 1300 Wcoins for 12,30 instead of 2000 gpotatoes for 14,50..
          That's like a 30-35% price increase

Edit: Ok It's a 31.5% or so price increase
          [Rappelz - Baphomet]
          ​Corsola 170 Corruptor - Mightnare 167 Master Breeder

Comment

Originally posted by Corsola View Post
            Using the exact same payment method I now get 1300 Wcoins for 12,30 instead of 2000 gpotatoes for 14,50..
            That's like a 30-35% price increase

Edit: Ok It's a 31.5% or so price increase
            YEP :F

31.5% != 23% VAT

RIP Yeti: Coolest Server EVER!!!!

Comment

Can I get an explanation on the following?
              I picked three random items:

30 days hiddenvillage pass for french rappelz costs 800 webzen points
              30 days hiddenvillage pass for english rappelz costs 1500 webzen points

Rank 7 MC Magician helmet costs 665 webzen points for french rappelz
              Rank 7 MC Magician helmet costs 1000 webzen points for english rappelz

10 lucky potions costs 900 webzen points for french rappelz
              10 lucky potions costs 1200 webzen points for english rappelz

Looks to me like they used to compensate for the no VAT thing on US itemshop by just raising the price by 30-50%....
              Since the VAT gets taken into account now, the prices for english rappelz itemshop should go down in my opinion and I'm pretty sure many others with me.

Edit:
              It seems highly unfair to me that I have to pay €14,20 for 30 days of hiddenvillage for the US server and only €7,57 when I want a 30 day hiddenvillage pass on a european rappelz server.
              That's almost a 200% difference in price.
              [Rappelz - Baphomet]
              ​Corsola 170 Corruptor - Mightnare 167 Master Breeder

Comment

• (MOD)Eva
                (MOD)Eva commented
                Editing a comment
                This is a forum, not FB.

• Wkt719
                Wkt719 commented
                Editing a comment
                well let's do it this way......
                "Like"

• SaaDooW
                SaaDooW commented
                Editing a comment
                then what am I doin in the US server lets hit frensh server otherwise i cant waste my money in US server

As i posted above , no more money from me to the "game" from now on until they sort the prices out .....

Comment

• SaaDooW
                SaaDooW commented
                Editing a comment
                the same idea i've here ........ that is unfair -.-

I don't feel like doing the math, but it feels like I'm in a similar bucket to Corsola. The purchasing power of UK players feels like it has been reduced significantly...

Comment

• Kazombie
                Kazombie commented
                Editing a comment
                I've been reluctant to top up due to this. The prices are obscene, I thought it seemed a bit off when I went to top up the first time but as I keep looking I'm realizing something is very wrong. I used to get the 2000gPots for £12, which I was relatively pleased with, it now costs 24 euros, which isn't far of £24.

After reading Corsola's post. I checked the German CS.
              Same as in French:
              30 days HV 800 Gpots (their prices are still shown in gpots, but as was explained, Wcoins is same as gpots now)
              Master Class Mage Helmet 665 gpots.
              6 Teardrops package 900 gpots.

So we have to pay 30%-50% more already for everything than any other version and now players from European countries have to pay the VAT on top of this?
              I would be ok with having to pay the VAT if we had the same CS prices as every other version of the same game!!!
              Why do we have 30%-50% higher prices for the same items?

Comment

same for me, im a europe player wich is used to play on rappelz us and these cs prices are totally ridiculous
                no more cs, till they fix this
                170 Cardinal - Targaryen - Betrayal

We will take what's ours with fire and blood

Comment

And to the GM's. Don't say play on EU servers. I've played this game so many years before EU server made up! Also there isn't English version of Rappelz at EU servers!

So can you GM's explain why US cash shop prices are 30-50% higher than others? And you think EU players who play in US-Rappelz will buy anything with those prices?!!

RIP Yeti: Coolest Server EVER!!!!

Comment

Hi guys,

As the FAQ says:

“We are keeping a close eye on the pricing of both currency and items, and will consider changes if we feel they’re needed.”
                    I understand the point you’re coming from and we will indeed have a closer look at the prices, especially taking into account the fact that we have a lot of European players who play the US version of Rappelz and don’t want to switch to one of the European versions (which is btw not our goal: you guys choose whatever language version of the game you want to play).

But: As we don’t want to jump to conclusions resulting in a pricing chaos between the different language versions you will have to allow us some time to for those kinds of calculations.

Comment

• Naabi
                      Naabi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      As I already said here in this topic. I've played this game now over seven years. Back then there was only US server available! And 2nd thing is all EU servers are NON English versions and I don't understand a word like German/French/etc.

So its stupid try to rip off EU players twice much money only because they have chosen US server above reason(s) or other reason like having friends playing US version or something else!

• SteelMace
                      SteelMace commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Like Naabi says most of the EU players that play on the US servers did so because we do not speak FR or DE (german) or IT, i presonaly am fluent in Italyan but i do not want to play there , i always buy with credit card so that leaved me with higher price/wcoin at same price in CS, now in my opinion you (as in who decides) should make the prices on CS for the US servers equal to the EU servers in wcoins and ofer us same prices when purchasing w-coins for all areas not restricted by IP or else you will lose money and/or some players will try to benefit from lower prices by using others methods.

Originally posted by Neightril View Post
                    Hi guys,

As the FAQ says:

I understand the point you’re coming from and we will indeed have a closer look at the prices, especially taking into account the fact that we have a lot of European players who play the US version of Rappelz and don’t want to switch to one of the European versions (which is btw not our goal: you guys choose whatever language version of the game you want to play).

But: As we don’t want to jump to conclusions resulting in a pricing chaos between the different language versions you will have to allow us some time to for those kinds of calculations.
                    well i doubt u guys wanna calculate too long, cause most eu players, wich are playing on rappelz us wont spend a cent, if it stays like this
                    170 Cardinal - Targaryen - Betrayal

We will take what's ours with fire and blood

Comment

Any of us, any one who isn't US. No CS from Canada till its fixed.

Comment

Working...
                      X