Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GM to the Rappelz Team

Hello everyone!

My name's Rakai, and I will be joining the GM team of Rappelz!
    I'm originally from Germany, but I've been working for WEBZEN in Dublin for roughly 2 years now on different projects.

I'm still learning about Rappelz, but I look forward to working with you all!

Best regards,
    Rakai

Well hello there! I hope that you'll get along really well with our small toxic community
    Also i hope that you'll help us a little on the communication between Gala/Webzen and the community.
    i really look forward to it!

Have a nice day.
    -> Check me out on Youtube

Comment

Welcome Rakai ! Make sure to not get overwhelmed and remember that all the complaints (almost) exist because people want the game to keep going & get better along the way ! We are on your side when it should be considered needed just show you care to the playerbase and that will be enough for a wonderful co-operation !
      Wishing the best

Comment

Hey

Thank you! My goal is to be working *with* you.
        I'll try my best to communicate as much with you all as possible (within company policy).

Comment

Welcome to the team!

Comment

Welcome! Glad to have you.

Comment

Welcome GM-Rakai. I wish you the best! ♥

Comment

Greetings Rakai to Team Rappelz! Nice to see you here! If you need a whip to keep the natives in line,

Eva
                The game being a bad boy, Webzenianz? Go here: Helpdesk and Comment Card
                Cater to your customers, or someone else will!
                I gotta have more cowbell!!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

welcome to the clique. i hope u guys can start soon to finish teh classrebalance

Comment

I'd love to hear from you:

So.... I have been having a great deal of players returning to the game or even starting the game due to my livestreams and videos (I know right.... little me).
                      Since you just started in the role of GM, I would like to ask you a few questions to address on next week's episode.

1- What the role of a GM on an MMO?

2- Nazgul was one of the best known GMs of the game, how are you planning to fill up his role?

3- How do you feel about this new assignment?

4- There are a big divide on class balancing, what are the biggest issues that the developers are trying to address?

5- What should the players be expecting within the next months and are there any things to expect for next year?

6- Last Question: Is there anything you'd like to share with the community?

Thank you very much for your time

Pablo - Broken Not Dead

Comment

• Rakai
                        Rakai commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hi there

1- What the role of a GM on an MMO?
                        That's a very broad question. As a GM (or nowadays CM) you have tasks like QA-testing for new content and fixes, event planning and execution, interacting with the community itself (being the face of the company but also the contact point between players and devs), writing news and announcements on the website and social media, giving game support through tickets, and many other things.

2- Nazgul was one of the best known GMs of the game, how are you planning to fill up his role?
                        I don't think that I can fill Nazgul's shoes, at least not in the near future. His passion for the game and knowledge of the game can generally only be achieved by someone who has worked with the game and community (and also played the game) for many years. I will do my best to be approachable by the community, to hear your concerns and resolve issues.
                        Granted that a solution must be in the realm of possibility.

3- How do you feel about this new assignment?
                        I'm optimistic. It's always daunting to come into an old and well-established community. Especially with only basic knowledge of the game. It means a lot of extra work in the beginning. However, so far the community has been very friendly and open towards me, which makes my job easier and I am grateful for that.

4- There are a big divide on class balancing, what are the biggest issues that the developers are trying to address?
                        I have to leave this question unanswered for now. I am too new to the project to be able to make an educated statement on what has been done and is being done. Perhaps we can come back to this at a later date. My professional, but not Rappelz-specific answer: Balancing is a near impossible task in any game (even offline single-player RPGs suffer from this). However, it is a goal that should be pursued and revisited frequently in MMOs.

5- What should the players be expecting within the next months and are there any things to expect for next year?
                        Hmm, there's not much I can / am allowed to spoil. We have more holidays left this year, which we will be observing in the game (but that's probably not really news to you). I'm sorry if this answer is disappointing, but there are positive things happening in the background, which you will find out about soon enough.

6- Last Question: Is there anything you'd like to share with the community?
                        As I said before, I look forward to working with all of you. Players of older games usually have a certain passion that is amazing to work with.
                        I do hope you can have some patience with me while I learn more in-depth content of the game and please, feel free to contact me on Discord whenever I'm online.

P.S.: You did not butcher my name

Best regards,
                        Rakai

I really appreciate your answers. Thank you for reaching out to the community this way. I wish you the best in this assignment.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Working...
                        X