No announcement yet.

Patch Notes - Rappelz: Epic 9.6 - The Siege of the Citadel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t see any reason for nerfing the corruptor.
    The class was already medium ranked compared to other class. I had rather expected a boost for certain skills to be on pair with other classes again.

Comment

• (MOD)Hiei
      (MOD)Hiei commented
      Editing a comment
      Corruptor actually got a damage boost, despite field CD increase, the changes to traps and strength of darkness along side shadow atrophia increased DPS on Corruptor by a lot.

• TheLeo
      TheLeo commented
      Editing a comment
      Corruptor boost u nerf occultism, evade, hp and matk O.o boost LMAO

• NikkiTikki
      NikkiTikki commented
      Editing a comment
      shadow atrophia isn't a buff, it's CD is sstill too long, doesn't last long and the card doesn't increase dura. I'm not sure who this buffs, thought it would help DoT corrs but nope. Soul Plague corrs are still lagging behind.

Corruptor nerf of vampirism/occultism is clear evidence that these devs dont play Rappelz, now we have little chance of tanking s4+ DD bosses without full reviac gear which hardly anyone can get because they can't even grind for the materials now or afford to pay through the nose to attain it. They have no idea of the average/above average player and make decisions upon those who are in the top elite 1%. Even as it stands now vs bosses vampirism doesn't always activate and our skins are bypassed after our MP cannot absorb the damage. Now our HP will be lower, our Mp leech lower, our damage still crap, death more imminent. Creating parties are harder and harder, this class has no option to solo anymore and it was not really an option before this nerf as our kill speed is so slow and we still die very easily (I can run 60k+ def, 72% skins, 120k mattack, 650+cp and and still don't even think about trying s5 mobs because of how inefficient it is!). Corruptors still have absolutely useless masterclass skills and now have to deal with this rubbish. Looks like I will be quitting this after more than a decade of playing.
    Last edited by Tienpauh; 26-03-19, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• Whirlwind
      Whirlwind commented
      Editing a comment
      While I agree with everything you say about the corruptor, those changes are Nazgul's and the QA team's doing.

• NikkiTikki
      NikkiTikki commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, my corr can solo rota, not tried DD but I play as a DoT corr, for whatever reason our DoTs still hit weaker than VM with grim attrition, their damage is gimped. I'd be better off just spamming maelstrom or inferno. (I don't think the testers even play corr or play Soul Plague type.)

The shadow atrophia buff wasn't a buff and we still only have 1 viable tree. It's stupid. Warlock/Corr was supposed to be master of DoT and debuffs and it's really not. I'm a CS user and think I'll be quitting soon or taking a break because they nerfed a class that needs a buff, especially soul plague types.

A title for killing Reviac 40 thousand times just shows how out of touch the devs are, who on earth will do this, do they really think their game Rappelz is that great???? Why even have this, why not make it 1 million times so people can be like WOW REALLY -_- At least it is not as ridiculous as the Vulcanis title, which was tough to achieve then they made it 1 entry per day which makes it more than 10 years now to achieve now. Though if you do reviac once per day this new title will take you over 100 years, so good luck lol.
    Last edited by Tienpauh; 19-03-19, 03:22 AM.

Comment

• Tienpauh
      Tienpauh commented
      Editing a comment
      When I said 40k parties that means you have to have a party to accomplish it, not 1 hour of playing, most parties will only do it one time, and those who do it as a 1 hour party only will invite their close circle of members and hardly will look for others ouside of it. But "devil reviac" is the final boss of stage 6 devildom right? It will require you 40k full runs of stage 6 to kill it once or am I missing something? The average party will not think about doing stage 6, the ones I have done have hardly done it in 6 mins, maybe if you are in a party with the top 1% of players you can manage this. But doing it say 10 times a day at 6mins a run is 1 hour if you play full speed, that still is 4000 days of playing, over 10 years if you do it every day. Lets say you do it 3 hours a day with a top 1% party and do it every single day, that still takes more than 4 years. It is a struggle to get Dps anyway, and with the nerf of classes 6 mins will not be possible I think.
      Last edited by Tienpauh; 19-03-19, 02:00 PM.

• JaimeLannister
      JaimeLannister commented
      Editing a comment
      +15 on all base stats for 5000 Reviac kills, absolutely hilarious
      A missed opportunity

• EGStudio
      EGStudio commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm happy with the rest of the choices and the update, I think they are appropriate balances. I can understand some of the frustrations, no one likes to be weaker in a game where the point is to become stronger. But for "Balance" sake. You did right by it, IMO. But yes, the title achievement limit is wayyyy too excessive, the math doesn't line up. I'd like nothing more than for this game to last another 10 years, but at the rate of new player base, server shutdowns, etc. You guys will cancel this game before anyone actually achieves this.

I love the old mentality of an MMO, and you built a nice meta with an addictive daily grind and neat possibilities. I also like the changes you've made over the years to keep up with a faster style of gaming these days. I do feel it would be more beneficial to make all of the goals in game balanced and able to be accomplished with consistent playing. Getting a title that doesn't do much only after endless grinding isn't fun. I pay for entertainment because it's fun, not to wear a badge of pride on my shoulder because I spent years killing a boss. That's like saying, "It's going to take you 4 years to level up enough to escape this single dungeon and don't expect any more updates." - "Or if you do level up and we create a different dungeon, you won't have a need to accomplish this, anymore. Congrats, you win nothing!" Long gone is the mentality of grinding for 3 months in Lost Mines. Thank you guys!

After 10 years, it's time to say goodbye my favorite game, this epic completely destroyed the game

Comment

So many butthurted pple with aoes being nerfed...Why?
      Because they thought they were that good and needed, playing op classes with pimped equips....

Yes leave rappelz (looser) you still won t find a mmorpg like this...hehe

Comment

• Tymbark
        Tymbark commented
        Editing a comment
        hahaha, agree 100% with you. Also i think he is the one of those players who is saying 'good bye' and then going back to the game and buying stuff..lol

• Robertthebard
        Robertthebard commented
        Editing a comment
        You say that like it's a bad thing? I left for 8 years, and only came back because one of my old guildmates did. I can leave just as fast as I did the last time, with no more remorse about it than I had the last time. Ironic, since I didn't play one of the big AoE classes, eh? My frustration with this update lies with people very much like you making changes to classes with no obvious knowledge of how the class is actually supposed to function. For example:

In this update, Templar is getting a mega upgrade to skills because the class is struggling to maintain aggro on unlinked mobs in groups.

Also in this update: Slayer has always been a tank/off tank/people thought they were tanks, so we're giving them one toggle, and nerfing their overall damage output so that they can be a tank...

If you can't see what's wrong with this philosophy, you're part of the problem.

• Robertthebard
        Robertthebard commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, because we're all like you, taking the nerfs in stride, and running upstairs for daddy's credit cards.

You've evidently joined during my time away. The only trouble I've ever gotten into, so far, on this forum, I was a moderator, locking threads for crying. When I got bored, I left. If these nerfs are as bad as they look on paper, as far as slayer is concerned, I'll just leave again, I've been busy in GW 2 all week anyway, so it won't be a big deal.

With what kind of équipement dev play corruptor
      to nerf them? I can't even solo s3. Damage the corruptor does is crap. The only good spell is vengeful spirit.

Comment

• NikkiTikki
        NikkiTikki commented
        Editing a comment
        For what? Venege? Is that all corr is now? Why not give a way to aoe soul plague or spread DoTs etc so we're not stuck playing venege to do any damage?

• Tienpauh
        Tienpauh commented
        Editing a comment
        Corruptor dps increase is not anything we really cared about and the changes at the moment are not very noticeable, we have accepted for years that we are behind on damage that it is not that important but our semi tanking capabilities is what has been the lifeblood for parties who cannot find a proper tank (and honestly this game doesn't have many tanks as it stands, reducing the numbers furthermore by making corruptors unable to tank bosses will kill options for parties and thus less gameplay options for everyone). Taking away our tanking ability makes this class quite useless now, we are pretty much simply weaker VMS since our tanking ability is gone vs bosses.

• Hansi
        Hansi commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s like this we don’t care about the dps. it was the tanking and cc ability that made corruptor special. By the way the reworked skills are that week that they don't even make the way on my quick bars.
        A Corruptor worked like that - slowing mobs (lightnig field, shakles) and building up cc chains with traps and Steadfast Shadowflame and being stable enough to survive building up those chains.

Obviously, the ones doing the changes never played corruptor nor did they read the suggestions of those who do.
        I also presume that there was no testing how the combined changes (vm, slayer) scale up for corruptors and how it effects not maxed out characters.

And yeah. Since when does a sin have to tank? It's a character that does dmg in the shadow. Do like before, Templar have to tank and so each class have to do their job

Comment

Shadow atrophia 20mn cd😁. Oh yeah It's super useful. No-one use that skill since the beginning if you didn't know yet

Comment

• PrinnyOverlord
          PrinnyOverlord commented
          Editing a comment
          Its 45 sec now

• NikkiTikki
          NikkiTikki commented
          Editing a comment
          45 seconds is 25 seconds too long.

• Tienpauh
          Tienpauh commented
          Editing a comment
          A useless skill anyway the debuff is laughable.

So was a lie ? ah btw
        Users must be level 160+ to drop items. - this is not nice - why 120+ cant have the items drop from event?

Comment

And one more thing - when u see "balance of one class" u need to think fast will be a nerf. Always on Wezen view this mins balance. Make a class a bit strong .. and next nerf to do other class - and voila the circle continue .. will never be a pure balance - just nerfed classes. MY opinion - pls work and create for each race other class will be easy
          KInd regards,
          A very disappointed epic 3 player

Comment

I really hope the Devs realize that soloing is the lifeblood of this game, if you make it not possible to solo you really kill this game, it is very hard to get parties even with the level restrictions gone for 175+. This game should allow the possibility of soloing and also make partying much more attractive it is really quite a simple formula. I've never expressed my worries in over a decade of playing this game but this really needs reevaluation, the game has become less playable.

Comment

Hello, Why can not I log in to the game? It does not even start the START button after choosing a language.

Comment

Originally posted by Tienpauh View Post
                I really hope the Devs realize that soloing is the lifeblood of this game, if you make it not possible to solo you really kill this game, it is very hard to get parties even with the level restrictions gone for 175+. This game should allow the possibility of soloing and also make partying much more attractive it is really quite a simple formula. I've never expressed my worries in over a decade of playing this game but this really needs reevaluation, the game has become less playable.
                I guess this is the problem. now everyone got used to Solo, but i think the Devs want a more party oriented game, which is impossible nowadays in Rappelz. They should find a way to make parties rentable, not taking away the chance to solo for those who don´t have enough time to get a party running. Probably those player are the ones who invest more on CS in order to pimp their equip enough to be able to solo.

Anyway i am playing a War Kahuna this forgotten class which got an upgrade on one skill just because Magus has this skill as well.

Comment

• Tienpauh
                  Tienpauh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wish that they would go into the game and try to create a party, they will see how difficult it is. 190+ players dont want to do s3 dd all their life, they do need some variation, but the game has become s3 all day for the majority of us.

server its not working, slayer dont need to be nerf.

Comment

• Confusion
                  Confusion commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It is what it is. :/

Did this patch change it, so that now you can only open 2 clients at the same time rather than the 3 that it was for the past couple years or is this a bug?

Comment

Working...
                X