X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rappelz Epic 9.4: The Expedition - Patch Notes

Rappelz Epic 9.4: The Expedition - Patch Notes

New Items
    • Philosopher's Scroll – These are drop-only scrolls that allow you to identify any piece of equipment.
    • Shepard Boarding Pass – This ticket can be obtained via the daily quest "[Daily] Exploration of the Island of Forgotten Gods", or bought for 50,000,000 from the Black Marketer NPCs.
    • Sign of Forgotten Gods – You obtain these on the island. They are required for summoning more powerful monsters and obtaining buffs on the boat.
    • Booster Upgrade Stone – Can be dropped from bosses on the island. Using the enhance window, combine this with your Lv. 1 Jump Attack Booster to increase the duration, damage, knock back and reduce the cool time.
    • Distorted Space's Armor Upgrade – Can be dropped from bosses in the Distorted Space dungeon. With a certain probability, have a chance to improve the Physical Defense and Magical Defense of your armor whilst adding relevant stats for your class.
    • Perfect Distorted Space's Armor Upgrade – With a 100% success rate, you can improve the Physical and Magical Defense of your armor whilst adding relevant stats for your class.
    • Perfect Weapon Enhancement Transfer Scroll – With a 100% success rate, you are able to transfer the enhancement of your weapon from one to another. (Your previous weapon shall be destroyed!)
    • Marduka Coins – These new daily quest coins shall replace the current Deva's Coins.
    • Costume Upgrade Scroll: Veteran – This scroll can be purchased with daily coins and will upgrade decoration items from Basic to Veteran.
    • Costume Upgrade Scroll: Commander – This scroll will upgrade Veteran Deco to Commander Deco.
    The Island of Forgotten Gods
    • A new area has been added – The Island of Forgotten Gods
      • To board the boat that takes you there, you must have a Shepard Boarding Pass.
      • You must be there on the hour - if not then you'll miss the boat!
      • After 55 minutes, you are taken back to the City of Ruins. But we don't want you to be stranded there now do we...?
    • The island is filled with Wild Cats, Tigers and Harpies. They haven't had much exposure to human contact, so shouldn't feel the need to defend themselves unless provoked.
    • There are Blue Stones scattered across the island. Activate these to spawn more dangerous monsters ranging from level 170 – 190.
    • In the middle of the island, you will find a Summoner's Hand. Activating this will spawn the middle boss, Behemoth Lv. 190.
    • At the three farthest points on the island, you will find more Summoner's Hands. These shall require 10 Signs of Forgotten Gods to activate. They shall summon 1 of 6 bosses:
      • Bellatrix – Wields a two-handed sword
      • Helonia – Wields a two-handed mace
      • Julius – Wields a Longbow
      • Mark – Wields a two-handed staff
      • Gladias – Wields dual-swords
      • Demonic – Wields a two-handed axe
    New Equipment
    • 12 new weapons with a level requirement of 170 – To awaken them, you shall require the new Philosopher's Scroll. Both the weapons and the scrolls drop on the Island of Forgotten Gods.
      • Bellatrix's Sword
      • Behemoth's Spear
      • Rhegium's Outlaw
      • Hermes's Hammer
      • Lartis's Bow
      • Lycan's Crossbow
      • Branium's Staff
      • Gladius
      • Poison Dagger
      • Strooder's Blessing
      • Mark's Stick
      • Demonic Axe
    • Upgraded versions of the Parallel World armor:
      • Enhanced Mach's Armor
      • Enhanced Daman's Tights
      • Enhanced Nemon's Garb
      • Enhanced Skadi's Coat
    These versions offer a better bonus on the cube enhancement along with a fixed basic stat increase relevant to your class.
    • Two new rings with a level requirement of 170 – Just like the new weapons, to awaken them you shall require the new Philosopher's Scroll. Both the rings and the scrolls drop on the Island of Forgotten Gods.
      • Ring of Horadric
      • Soul of Mortis
    Upon awakening, you can gain up to three bonuses. On top of the basic awakening, you can still use the Green Awakening Stone from the Parallel World to get an even bigger bonus!

Dungeon Changes
    • At level 150, you can enter Red Spider Circus and Underground Stages 1 and 2.
    • All Underground Stage 1: The core is now level 156 with reduced stats.
    • All Underground Stage 2: The core is now level 166 with reduced stats.
    • All Underground Stage 3: The core has reduced stats.
    • All Underground Stage 4: The core has reduced stats.
    • All Underground stages: Core debuff duration changed - 2 minutes -> 20 seconds.
    • The chance to receive equipment from Underground chests has been increased for stages 1 and 2.
    • The drop rate of weapons from Mephisto, Lilith and Soul of Lunacy in Red Spider Circus has been increased for all stages.
    • Soul of Lunacy stages 1-4 have had HP and Physical Attack lowered.
    • The Labyrinth difficulty has been lowered.
    • Skill damage of Crystal Pixie and Crystal Cube in the Remains of the Ancients is decreased.
    • Boss HP Regen increased
    • Feathers cannot be used in Remains of the Ancients
    Backpacks
    • A backpack slot has been added to the character equipment sheet.
    • Backpacks that can be equipped in this slot are:
      • Charming Soul Bag
      • Frostbitten Bag
      • Riley's Backpack
      • Traveling Gear
    The stats for these items remain the same.

Bags
    • Bags have had a weight revision, as below.
      • Small Yak Skin Bag: 2,000 -> 3,000
      • Rogue's Bag: 3,000 -> 4,000
      • Adventurer's Bag: 4,000 -> 5,000
      • Explorer's Bag: 5,000 -> 6,000
      • Magical Bag: 6,000 -> 7,000
      • Small Quilted Bag: 7,000 -> 8,000
      • Large Quilted Bag: 8,000 -> 9,000
      • Big Yak Skin Bag: 10,000 -> 11,000
    • A new bag has been added: Yak Skin Bag
    • Combinations added:
      • Small Yak Skin Bag -> Rogue's Bag
      • Large Quilted Bag -> Yak Skin Bag
    Skill Changes
    • Holy Aura
      • Radius changed from 10 -> 12
      • Lasting damage increased per skill level from 0% -> 1%
    • The below changes are all for +1 skill cards, multiply the change by the appropriate + of the card to find the result. All skills mentioned below also have a 3% cooldown and cast time reduction.
      • Minor Shining Weapon
      • Dark Might
      • Speed of the Wind
        • Movement speed increased: 1 -> 2
      • Rock Energy
        • Physical Defense increased: 5 -> 13
      • Force of Sacred Fire
        • Physical Attack increased: 5 -> 13
      • Shining Weapon
        • Holy Additional Damage increased: 4 -> 9
      • Grim Attrition
        • Amplification rate: 0% -> 15%
      • Intuition
        • Intelligence increased: 3 -> 7.5
      • Angel's Force
        • All stats increased: 1 -> 2
      • Protector's Force
        • All stats increased: 1 -> 2
      • Soul Harmony
        • Strength, Intelligence increased: 0% -> 2%
      • Howl at the Moon
        • Luck increased: 2 -> 5
      • Divine Purpose
        • Physical and Magical Accuracy increased: 0.154 -> 0.77
      • Asuran Haste
        • Attack and Cast Speed increased: 0.053 -> 0.265
      • Gaian Strength
        • Critical Rate and Power increased: 0.021 -> 0.105
      • Blessing of Vitality
        • Vitality increased 1 -> 2.5
        • Physical Defense increased: 5 -> 12.5
      • Blessing of Intelligence
        • Intelligence increased 1 -> 2.5
        • Magical Attack increased: 5 -> 12.5
      • Blessing of Wisdom
        • Wisdom increased 1 -> 2.5
        • Magical Defense increased: 5 -> 12.5
      • Blessing of Strength
        • Strength increased 1 -> 2.5
        • Physical Attack increased: 5 -> 12.5
      • Wind Weapon
        • Attack and Cast Speed increased: 0% -> 0.5%
      • Shining Armor
        • Damage reduction increased: 0.2% -> 0.5%
      • Harmony of Life
        • Strength and Intelligence increased: 0% -> 1%
        • HP and MP increased: 0% -> 3%
    • Skill cards no longer show in the whole tab, only in the skill card tab.
    • Skill card combination-fail outcomes changed as below:
    Fail Fail with S-Pro Card
    Enhancement Before After Before After
    Target Material Target Material Target Material Target Material Target Material
    +1 +1 delete delete delete delete +1 delete +1 delete
    +2 +2 delete delete +1 delete +2 delete +2 +1
    +3 +3 delete delete +2 delete +3 delete +3 +2
    +4 +4 +1 delete +3 delete +4 delete +4 +3
    +5 +5 +2 delete +4 delete +5 delete +5 +4
    +6 +6 +3 delete +5 delete +6 delete +6 +5
    +7 +7 +4 delete +6 delete +7 delete +7 +6
    +8 +8 +5 delete +7 delete +8 delete +8 +7
    +9 +9 +6 delete +8 delete +9 delete +9 +8
    • Skill card box: Master will now give 1 out of 16 possible boxes, narrowing the classes down further.
    Quests
    • New Quests
      • Luciad Society's Request – Meet Ruth from the Luciad Society at the City of Ruins.
      • [Daily] Exploration of the Island of Forgotten Gods – Get the Shepard Boarding Pass from Ruth.
    • Quest level limits and experience have been adjusted.
    Hidden Village
    • 7-Day Rest Tent can now be purchased from Merchant Lukin in the Hidden Village.
    • Double Marduka Coins for each daily quest completed if you have a Hidden Village pass.
    • 100 AP will be given for the following quests if you have a Hidden Village pass:
      • [Daily]The Blight Ogre
      • [Daily]Exploration of the Shattered Labyrinth
      • [Daily]Reporting to Kudun
      • [Daily]The Corrupted Secret
      • [Daily]Drillbot Located!
    • Summoning scrolls can now be used in the Hidden Village.
    Teleporters
    • Color coordination in the menu added.
    • If you have a Hidden Village pass, you can now teleport there via normal teleporters. You are not restricted to the Hidden Village teleporters.
    • Dead Spirit's Altar added to the Horizon teleporter NPC.
    • Red Spider Circus added to Dungeon Teleporters.
    • Dungeon owner guild can now be checked from Dungeon Teleporters.
    Pets
    • Oforia and Ice Dragon pets have had their beast skills replaced with the correct dragon skills. This will be applied to existing pets and newly tamed pets.
    • If the speed of your pet is lower than the character's speed, the character's speed shall be applied to the pet.
    • If you use your pet as a mount and its movement speed is lower than the character, then your movement speed will not be changed.
    • You can no longer obtain +1 for Monarch's Spiritual Awakening in the creature artifacts. Any existing artifacts with this skill shall be replaced with Master Devotion.
    Misc.
    • Level requirements of the below gear have been lowered:
      • Temple of the Ancients: 150 -> 140
      • Temple of Lost Souls: 155 -> 145
      • Temple of the Exile: 160 -> 150
      • Underground: 160 -> 155
    • Rank 2 to rank 6 Amalgam and Invar have been removed from the Blacksmith.
    • Items will not break until +12 enhancement for rank 6 or below.
    • Boreas armor combination materials have been removed from the drop table.
    • You can no longer acquire Master's Magic Stones from dismantling gear.
    • Character Name Change can no longer be dropped.
    • The merchant NPCs have been revised and some items removed.
    • An extra column has been added to the buff and debuff bar.
    • Soul stone durability for basic attacks and skills reduced.
    • Max durability of weapons has been increased as below:
    Enhancement Before After
    1 100% 100%
    2 110% 110%
    3 120% 120%
    4 130% 130%
    5 140% 140%
    6 150% 150%
    7 160% 160%
    8 170% 170%
    9 180% 180%
    10 190% 190%
    11 200% 200%
    12 210% 220%
    13 220% 240%
    14 230% 260%
    15 240% 280%
    16 250% 300%
    17 260% 320%
    18 270% 340%
    19 280% 360%
    20 290% 400%
    21 300% 500%
    22 350% 600%
    23 400% 700%
    24 450% 800%
    25 500% 900%
    • The booster can be upgraded to a max level of 5. Each level will increase the stun duration, damage, knock-back and reduce the cool time.
    • Regeneration rate of stamina is increased.
    • The amount of stamina consumed on killing monsters is reduced.
      • 70% less is required for the Island of Forgotten Gods.
    • No Fall Damage mounts: Lion of God, Holy Unicorn, Infernal Soul and Lydian King have had their speed changed from 280 -> 400.
    • Arena roaming bosses now have a 3 minute respawn time.
    • Potions have been revamped as below:
    Wind Potion - Move Speed Increase Before After
    Wind Potion 10 15
    Wind Potion Deluxe 15 25
    Wind Potion Superior 20 35
    Enhanced Wind Potion 27 47
    Battle Arena: Quick Potion 32 57
    Spell Potion - Casting Speed Increase Before After
    Spell Potion 5% 7%
    Spell Potion Deluxe 7% 11%
    Spell Potion Superior 9% 15%
    Enhanced Spell Potion 14% 22%
    Battle Arena: Spell Potion 16% 26%
    Quick Potion - Attack Speed Increase Before After
    Quick Potion 5% 7%
    Quick Potion Deluxe 7% 11%
    Quick Potion Superior 9% 15%
    Enhanced Quick Potion 12% 20%
    Battle Arena: Quick Potion 14% 24%

Known Issues

Sadly, with the update we have encountered some issues. Some have been logged at the time of PTS, others today during our internal testing. Rest assured we are trying to get each and every one of them resolved but we cannot provide a time frame yet.
    • If you try and switch character, the client will crash.
    • The new architecture of Rondo contains graphics inconsistency (Building, NPCs misplaced etc).
    • After completing a run in the Distorted Dungeon though the Hidden Village teleporter, you will be warped back to the wrong instance of Hidden Village causing NPC's to disappear.
    • Rank 2 to rank 6 Amalgam and Invar no longer work. We are looking into possible solutions to reimburse players who have some left over from Epic 9.3.
    • New weapons do not have an NPC sale price.
    • The Golden Week Event is only giving 1 box per day.
    Kind Regards,
    Your Rappelz Team

Are you serious? You're replacing Monarch artifacts with MD ones? Can you at least make them warehousable. I have 7 MD artifacts over 4 characters and im not too sure how many monarchs. But the fact that you're now doing this after most people who care enough to invest wcoins into getting these artifacts already have. Now these extra MD artifacts are a kick to the nuts because theyre rendered useless..... WHY?

Edit : Ok so i checked my slayer and before i got my 2 MD artifacts there i got 3 monarch artifacts.... So now my slayer will have 5 as of tomorrow. While my WK Templar have none. If i wanted to make the most of my pets on those chars i would have to splash more money on BPOC Artifacts while ive got unused MD artifacts sitting on my other characters? Thats my slayer alone. I used way more on my VM before i found 2 MD. Not impressed, After adding 2 more character slots youd think it might be time to make artifacts warehousable.

1 MD artifact on my merc and 4 Monarchs so thats 5 MD artifacts there too. Thats 10 between 2 chars. Ah i destroyed all the ones on my VM when i found my 2 MD ones because i was so salty not as much as i am right now. And my magus has 4 more monarch artifacts as well as 2 md. So thats pretty impressive. That character will have 6 MD artifacts tomorrow. Thats 1 for every pet in formation. Oh wait... I can only summon 1 so its still useless

Lets recap shall we. On 3 characters i have 11 monarch artifacts and 5 MD artifacts. Tomorrow that will become 16... Unmovable artifacts. Hey want to know how to tick me off even more? Make every artifact that has a useless skill a Master Devotion artifact. Sounds like a super fun way to help out the player base. What even is the point in converting these artifacts? How does it benefit people? Its just stupid

Before you ask yes i am mad. Very

Comment

• Returningafter1000yr
      Editing a comment
      This, I just awaken Monarch artifacts, easy than getting +24 helmets, and now they're just replacing them fml. That's a huge bummer for a lot of CS user players that have +24 helmets and 2x s5 pets with Monarch's or like me, that have +22 helmet and s5 pets.

Just saying that just deleting them is a fu** up move, a new low, even for Webzen, it affects the gameplay itself.

As for the backpack slot....I hope this means there will actually be a cs sale that sells those backpacks....I can hardly remember the last time those were on sale (and I only very rarely see any in ah/at flea).
    Since they reworked the buff skill cards.....I hope they finally added duration to the Intuition skill card

Comment

Lol double marduka coins if you have hv. nice ^^. Also Veteran decos can turn into commander ones with the scroll. I am doing daily's everyday.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Marduka Coins – These new daily quest coins shall replace the current Deva's Coins.

Deva's Coins will be useless? Use it all today?

Comment

• Bowchicawowow
          Bowchicawowow commented
          Editing a comment
          dont. just like before they will have those coin transfers to the new ones at the daily npc.

• Hunter
          Hunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes but change was 3:1 or 5:1.

Edit: tested, 3:1.

Please Nazgul

For the point : Rank 2 to rank 6 Amalgam and Invar have been removed from the Blacksmith.

Is that mean that we can not use the old one that we already have? (is this change will go softly ?)
        if the answer is yes? can we sell them to an NPC with their real price?

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

• Nazgul
          Nazgul commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Espadax4,

I'm currently looking into this for you, when I have an answer or a further update I shall let you know.

Regards,
          Nazgul

Nazgul,

Is important to people know how is gonna be the new system for transform the weapons with the new scroll.

Let's say I have a +24 circus 1h mace and I find a new 170 1h mace from the new dungeon.....What is gonna happen if I put the weapon in the first slot? Is it gonna be a new +24 170 1h mace with the circus options? are we gonna lose the TD stones and awakening?

Please explain us better about this new system,

Thanks

Comment

• Nazgul
          Nazgul commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello Geologist,

Please don't panic. The scroll has safeguards in place to make sure you can't get it wrong.
          We'll be releasing detailed information about them shortly.

Regards,
          Nazgul

• Noire
          Noire commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I may have said this before, but I would love an awakening transfer thingy please.

Level requirements of the below gear have been lowered:
        • Temple of the Ancients: 150 -> 140
        • Temple of Lost Souls: 155 -> 145
        • Temple of the Exile: 160 -> 150
        • Underground: 160 -> 155

So ROA isn't getting it's level requirement reduce? Boo lol

Comment

• Kanabraba
          Kanabraba commented
          Editing a comment
          You should look better at what you quoted .. its the gear lvl requirement that is being dropped, not the admitance lvl.

• Whirlwind
          Whirlwind commented
          Editing a comment
          From what I understand, the level requirement for the 7th TP quest is being lowered to 160, which means you will get the quest item necessary to enter ROA also at 160.

• Warr
          Warr commented
          Editing a comment
          You should look better at what you quoted .. its the gear lvl requirement that is being dropped, not the admitance lvl.
          Sorry, when I cropped the post, It went haywire and I thought I cut to the proper bits.

From what I understand, the level requirement for the 7th TP quest is being lowered to 160, which means you will get the quest item necessary to enter ROA also at 160.
          This is basically what I am not seeing? Or really anything for lvl 160 Character to get excited about...unless I missed something?

Hmmm anyone know historically if there are benefits having the HV pass like this patch, do they put on a sale for it? Mine just expired. I wonder if I should renew it now at 800 WCOIN or maybe there will be sale of it. I don't want to buy 800 WCOIN then like tomorrow it is 300 WCOIN> lol

Comment

Will the sub 150 Temple equipment still count as Rank 7?

Comment

• ThunderNikk
            ThunderNikk commented
            Editing a comment
            On the test server they were all marked R7 and all enhanced with R7 cubes. So they should still count as R7.

I even used some to upgrade Underground armors to +21 and up

Is the Perfect Weapon Enhancement Transfer Scroll a drop only or CS item?
          Need to submit a ticket? Click http://cs.webzen.com/Inquiry/RegistInquiry/
          1) Choose the category of your issue.
          2) See if any of the listed articles resolve your issue.
          3) If none of the articles resolve your issue, you can click on the most relevant article to submit a ticket.

Comment

• Geologist
            Geologist commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahaha good question!!, but we are dreamers if we think they are gonna be dropped for free xD.....For sure is CS Item lol

• (MOD)Hawk4hire
            (MOD)Hawk4hire commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey - somebody had to ask and I had to be THAT guy.... I'm ok either way just want a heads up and then the followup question will be - when will they be introduced?

• (MOD)Hawk4hire
            (MOD)Hawk4hire commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Nazgul for posting the answer :

http://en.rappelz.webzen.com/News/All/1000000000/4076

This transfer is only a new weapon ? Or you can change 2h axe + 20cc on long bow +20 with the circus ?

Comment

• (MOD)Hawk4hire
            (MOD)Hawk4hire commented
            Editing a comment
            Only old weapons to new weapons as I understand it.

is the new area pk-free? how on earth will we get items from there?

Comment

• ThunderNikk
            ThunderNikk commented
            Editing a comment
            It is PK free so unless you are one of the strongest on the server to prevent KSing you probably will not get items from there unless you buy them from the strong KSers

• Whirlwind
            Whirlwind commented
            Editing a comment
            What ThunderNikk is saying. I know my class very well, but my gear simply cannot keep up with the +25 geared people. So if someone kses, there is nothing I (and my friends) can do about it. This new island should have been instanced, so people can play when they want and without being ksed. So everyone can play and farm gears and not only those with to gears and/or no manners.

I hope new island will be dungeon istance.
          OR
          I hope devs fixed game hack users.

Hope we all will have the possibility to play a fair pvp or play istances rather than face those naab.

No answers from support after 45 days ticket ( with video ) and naab still online with no permaban.

Comment

• ThunderNikk
            ThunderNikk commented
            Editing a comment
            It is not instanced.

Not sure what you mean by all the rest.

I noticed it didnt say anything about ROA level changing. Is it safe to assume we can still use summon scrolls in ROA. I saw on some of the test survers they might be removed.

Comment

• Kanabraba
            Kanabraba commented
            Editing a comment
            Feathers cannot be used in Remains of the Ancients (a.k.a. RoA)

And about lvl change, they said gear and not dungeon.

"Level requirements of the below GEAR have been lowered:"
        Working...
        X