Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PTS] Preliminary patch notes Rappelz Epic 9.1 - Masquerade

Preliminary Patch Notes for Rappelz Epic 9.1 - Masquerade

[Skills]

1. Skill balance for each job has been adjusted.
    2. Skill Tree UI location of Shaman (1st Job), Dark Magician (2nd Job) and Kahuna (2nd Job) has been modified so that Creature Taming Skill Lv.5 in 1st Job and Creature Taming Skill Lv.10 in 2nd job can be added.
    3. Creature Skill: Hell breath skill’s cooldown per level is decreased and has been changed from -8 to -5 seconds.
    4. Creature Skill: Hell Breath skill’s application ratio of default attack power and magic power has been increased from 300% to 330%.
    5. The description “Attributes increasing MAX HP and MP % are not affected by this skill.” has been added to the tooltip of Heart of Prayer, Law of Exchange, and Mana Crystal of Aura.

[Dungeon]

1. An instance dungeon “Circus of Red Spiders” with 1~4 difficulties has been added.
    2. Weapons, belts and accessories dropped in circus dungeon has been added. Finest weapons, accessories and belts with new abilities can be acquired by killing Middle Boss and Boss monsters.
    3. New boss cards can be acquired from the 3 bosses appearing in Circus of Red Spiders.
    4. The 10 types of new monsters appearing in the Circus dungeon can be tamed by using Soul Creature empty card.
    - Tamable Monster Information

Green Harlequin
    Red Harlequin
    Sad Pierrot
    Smiley Pierrot
    Angry Pierrot
    Insane Pierrot
    Circus Monkey

Mephisto
    Lilith
    Soul of Lunacy
    5. Deep, Dark Forest area has been added.
    - Deep, Dark Forest can be entered through the portal in Pitch Black Woods.
    - Level restriction for the area is 160 and characters who have not reached level 160 cannot enter.
    - New dungeon Circus of Red Spiders has been added to Deep, Dark Forest area.
    6. Circle of Red Spiders Entrance has been added to each village’s teleporter.

[Hidden Village]

1. For Hidden Village’s unique buffs, general paid buff and stacked paid buff have been revised upwards from Lv.6 to Lv.7.
    2. Items which can only be purchased by Hidden Village Ticket users through auction have been added.
    3. A Decorative Merchant for Hidden Village has been added.

[Avatar]

1. Character’s Max Level has been adjusted upwards from Lv.170 to Lv.180.
    2. MAX job level after transferring to Master has been adjusted upwards from Lv.50 to Lv.60.

[Item]

1. The dropping method of Skill Card and Creature Common Artifact Items has been changed to Random Box method. If you use these items, items can be acquired just like before.
    2. Unique, Basic Soul Stone’s “Chaser, Penetration, Druid, Salvation” attributes have been increased substantially.
    3. Growth Potion Supreme (171~180 level range) added.
    4. 15 summoning scrolls for 3 types of new unique soul creatures have been added.
    5. Kainen’s Magic Card has been changed so that it can be stacked.

[UI]

1. Improvements to Equipment Interface.
    - Unable to Equip Icon and tooltip are now displayed for decorative items.
    - Issue displaying Unable to Equip Icon in creature equipment has been fixed.
    - Skill Cards which cannot be used are now displayed in red color in the Skill Card Tooltip.
    2. The name of the card item required to tame the corresponding monster is displayed in the Taming icon tooltip of monster target window.
    3. Description of each parameter is displayed in the Character Information window.

[System]

1. Channel system has been added to Hidden Village and Flea Market area.
    - There are a total of 5 channels and each channel can hold up to 200 users.
    - If there are less than 200 users in an area, only channel 1 is activated and moving to another channel is disabled.
    - If there are more than 200 users in an area, channel 2 is activated and users are placed in the 2nd channel starting from 201st user.
    - Following the same method, 200*5 (number of channels) users are automatically placed in units of 200.
    - If number of users in an area is over 200 * 5, users are placed into the channel with the least amount of users. (Ex. If Channels 1~4 have 205 users and Channel 5 has 202 users, places the user to channel 5)
    - Can use NPCs in the area to move to another channel. (But, other channels must be activated.)
    2. Added alerts which help users go through the dungeon in the Circus of Red Spiders dungeon.
    - Added function which can insert notifications that can be seen by team members in instance dungeon
    or battle arenas.

[Enhancement]

1. Final Enhancement system has been added.
    - If you succeed in final enhancement, maximum value you can enhance up to is increased and the item can be enhanced up to 25.
    - Only rank 7 items can be final enhanced.
    - Blacksmith sells some of the items required for Final enhancement.
    - Sub materials needed for Final Enhancement must be 2~7 rank equipment and have the same enhancement value as the main material.
    - Success rate is 100% if you use rank 7 item as a material for final enhancement and the success rate decreases as the rank goes down.
    - Even if you fail Final Enhancement, item does not become a failure.
    - When you succeed in final enhancement, armor (Helmet, Gloves, Boots, Belt, Cloak) enhancement value rather than costume is increased to common costume level.
    - Sub materials for final enhancement is divided into two types (Weapons/All Armors) and when enhancing armors, you can use all armors as a material.
    - Items which have been enhanced above 21 are changed to a unique color.
    2. Defense enhancement chance for 2~7 rank “Koala Enhanced Dice, Blessed Koala Enhanced Dice” - Strike has been increased.

[Quest]

1. Daily Quest
    - New daily quests have been added.
    - Reward for daily quests has been changed to Coin of Asura.
    2. Coin Exchanger
    - Can exchange Coin of Gaia at a fixed rate for Coin of Asura through the Coin Exchanger. (3 Coin of Gaia -> 1 Coin of Asura)
    - Costume which can be exchanged for coins has been changed.
    - Number of coins needed to acquire items has been reduced.
    3. JP, GOLD and EXP have been added as a reward for daily quests.
    4. Enhancement success chance of King of Steel quest item has been substantially increased.
    5. Price of King of Steel quest material item has been substantially increased compared to the enhancement success chance.

[Monster AI]

1. Monsters now take a proper route when trying to attack players.
    - Before the update, monsters were somewhat free when attacking players.
    - If there were obstacles between a player and a monster, players had to go around it to attack where as monsters could just disregard all obstacles and even move through walls to attack players.
    - Now with the Epic 9.1 update, monsters cannot move through obstacles or walls to attack players.
    - Monsters will now move in the shortest path possible to get near the player to attack.
    - Also, hostile monsters will not be able to detect players through obstacles.
    - These changes are not considered as a final decision and we will continue to monitor how these changes will effect the server status and gameplay and make improvements accordingly.
    2. Cannot attack if there is an obstacle between the enemy and the player.
    - Similar to the article 1, if there is a monster behind a wall or an obstacle, players could not move directly to the monster but they could still attack.
    - With improvements made so that monsters take the proper route to get to players, players and monsters can no longer attack or use skills through obstacles.
    - This part is also not considered as a final one and we will continue to monitor gameplay and server, and make better improvements as necessary.
    3. Roaming type monster’s re-spawning rule will be changed.
    - The re-spawning system of roaming monsters in Rappelz had a problem.
    When players dropped aggro after killing only a few monsters of the pack, and the rest of the monsters returned to their original location, the monsters that died in the pack re-spawned immediately. Even bosses were able to be re-spawned using this method. (Applied to Field Bosses) This type of play allowed players to kill specific monsters repeatedly, so it might have been good for users who wanted to earn EXP and farm desired items quickly in a short time, but it also asked for repeated farming in the same location which resulted in the game becoming boring. Also, certain jobs that have aggro dropping skills could receive the benefits of this method more easily, so this was not intended. Thus, we have adjusted the rule so that monsters are re-spawned after the set re-spawn timer has passed since the last time a monster of the pack was killed. We will take note of feedbacks from users after this change and if there are better suggested improvements to the roaming monster re-spawning system, we plan to apply them.

[Etc.]

1. Problem with some pets coming too close to owners has been improved.
    2. Ending Screen Image has been added.
    3. The subtitle has been added.
    4. Wrong error message that popped up when using creature taming skill on a monster already tamed has been fixed so that it displays the correct message.
    5. Fixed the bug where you could not remove the unlearned equipped skill card after using oblivion scroll
    6. Fixed a problem where Final Enhancement’s enhancement value was not applied properly
    7. Equipment icon not being displayed after equipping skill card will be fixed.
    8. Problem with items occasionally getting stuck when pet’s pick up items will be improved.
    9. Unified how ‘Increase’ and ‘Amplication’ is displayed. ‘Increase’ value was displayed as +50 and ‘Amplification’ was displayed as +50%. % was added.
    10. Fixed a problem where a system alert message were not being displayed when you have already exceeded the weight you can carry and you try to pick up items.
    11. Fixed a bug where you suddenly move quickly when you become affected by movement impairing effects such as stun while moving using the keyboard.
    12. Improved the problem where occasionally, only one item was being picked up when pet’s collected items.
    13. Improved the problem where you go out of the map.

*Please note that those are preliminary patch notes and subject to change before the finale release of Epic 9.1!

Kind regards,
    the Rappelz Team
    Last edited by (CM)Neightril; 12-08-2014, 12:33 PM.

A lot of nice changes over all.

Tough nerf for melee soul pets, but at least it fixes the infinity cd on hells breath on a cerb. I for one liked the 4s cd, but I guess I can give mine belt skills.

No more boss farming will surely be missed by some and liked by others. I would like to know if they implemented this as well in hard mode. If so, it would remove all stationary hm killing and I doubt anybody would see that as an improvement.

Channels in flea aren't really needed on Uni so I'm not bothered by them. A problem on any server that needs the amount of channels is that people don't go to flea to go to an empty and not lagging piece of circular grass. Apart from a meeting place to do trades, most want to check as many shops as possible or have the highest amount of people checking their shops and channels are likely to be unwanted. The channel is full messages might become rather annoying on crowded servers. I expect a lot of people would prefer the lag.

Not shooting / spamming over obstacles will probably be much hated as well and I'm curious how that effects AoEs. It might or not help to make melee more wanted.

Comment

• Athyra
      Athyra commented
      Editing a comment
      199th player in a channel: "hey come meet me at flea for the trade"
      201st player joins to a new channel: "dude where are you"

Japan gets this: http://rappelz.gpotato.jp/Event/epic9-1.aspx
    and we get error-text?

and

Shaman? what? Do you mean Evoker?

and

5. The description “Attributes increasing MAX HP and MP % are not affected by this skill.” has been added to the tooltip of Heart of Prayer, Law of Exchange, and Mana Crystal of Aura.
    does this mean text change only? or actual change to effect? (MB nerf??)

and

Chaser, Penetration, Druid, Salvation soulstones... do you mean Pierce, Crush, Pinpoint, and Brawl? (just kidding, i know you did thanks to link above)

and

Kainen’s Magic Card has been changed so that it can be stacked? Do you mean... Ice Maiden Recharge Card? yeah you did

and

Description of each parameter is displayed in the Character Information window? More like, multiplier and base, not description which implies "P.Atk makes you hit harder! Yay!"

and

- When you succeed in final enhancement, armor (Helmet, Gloves, Boots, Belt, Cloak) enhancement value rather than costume is increased to common costume level.
    this makes no sense, plz try again, what?

and

“Koala Enhanced Dice, Blessed Koala Enhanced Dice” What? Do you mean Lucky and Fortune dice? yeah..

and

- Now with the Epic 9.1 update, monsters cannot move through obstacles or walls to attack players.
    not an error, but, LOL now it's butkada's turn to get stuck on his dumb floor!

and

- The re-spawning system of roaming monsters in Rappelz had a problem.
    The ONE thing that allowed sanct and toX hc dungeons to hold more than 1 party at a time, is now gone

and

- Problem with some pets coming too close to owners has been improved.
    pets or loot pets? cuz it's loot pets that have this issue

and

- The subtitle has been added.
    What lol?

and

oblivion scroll? what? rebirth?

and

Amplication?

and

Fixed a bug where you suddenly move quickly when you become affected by movement impairing effects such as stun while moving using the keyboard.
    FINALLY!!

after following the japanese updates to 9.1, this is insanely underwhelming, and yes i am bitter thanks to gameguard ruining my day
    170 DE - Tyrant
    Stop Lucky Boxes unless they are for permanent CS items. Put items that are always in demand in CS permanently (acs/acd/ubuk)!

Comment

• G12x
      G12x commented
      Editing a comment
      "- Now with the Epic 9.1 update, monsters cannot move through obstacles or walls to attack players.
      not an error, but, LOL now it's butkada's turn to get stuck on his dumb floor!"

Lool I can imagine, I wonder how this will work.

• Athyra
      Athyra commented
      Editing a comment
      i just tested this obstacle thing on the PTS with rocks and stuff on the field with an xbow, it is [...] annoying, if they keep that [...] people will break their keyboards in frustration

"there is a pebble on the floor, clear sight of the enemy, run UP TO THE PEBBLE then go around the pebble! safety first!"
      Last edited by (CM)Neightril; 13-08-2014, 08:20 AM. Reason: language

If the change to the re-spawning system of roaming mobs really also affects mobs in hardmode dungeons, that would be horrible. This is the only thing that allows for more than 1 party in those dungeons..........not to mention how it would ruin field farming for players who farm those field bosses for junk to donate to the altar.
    I also don't really understand Nr. 5. If it is the actual effect, shouldn't it be mentioned in skill changes? And be listed as as MB skill change and nerf?

Comment

• Athyra
      Athyra commented
      Editing a comment
      and if it is just text, it is a lie lol

I didn't see anything in there about fixing the "expected error" issue either...

I mean, I remember years back when the game would just go *poof* and disappear off the screen and it was dubbed the magic close, that seems to have been fixed, but what about the "unexpected error" and the memory issues?

Disclaimer: Clicking here may violate the ToS...

Comment

• Athyra
      Athyra commented
      Editing a comment
      i was talking about cyber

both messages

• G12x
      G12x commented
      Editing a comment
      Cyber, like I told you multiple times, I don't troll you.
      Let me tell you something about myself. I'm very honest. 99.9% of the time I'm honest with what I say. If I lie... I'm most likely defending a good friend/family member. Another thing, you've been claiming for a while now is that you "ignore me." Yet you don't!* But take your own advice tho. If you can't handle the truth, simply ignore me. I'm not expecting a flower basket from you. Why would I lie about sht anyways? What will I gain? But don't answer me. Just simply ignore me ^_^

• EternalVale
      EternalVale commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you either meant this for another thread or a PM, but you're literally making no sense G12x.

Would it be possible to get a more detailed list of skill balance changes?

Comment

• Athyra
      Athyra commented
      Editing a comment
      the complete list, all numbers specified, this is what i was hoping we would get here

http://rappelz.gpotato.jp/Event/epic9-1_7.aspx

i was gonna translate it like i did with the accessories and weapons update, but instead gameguard fisted me so i decided not to

• G12x
      G12x commented
      Editing a comment
      lOl reminds me of "FistMe" the cardi xD. To bad gg had to ruin the day. I'm itching to read the exact changes for skills.

• Leja
      Leja commented
      Editing a comment
      Though I can't make any of that poster, thanks for posting it Athyra...

Not fond of no field boss farming. I like having the option to go farm and not be in a dungeon and I was actually hoping for a couple of more field bosses for those unused places on the map. If the change also effects HC mobs it will suck. I think this would be a huge issue, unless they want to instance HC dungeons as well.

So what farming is reduced to field non dura stuff only?

Shaman must mean rouge

Comment

• Cyberstone
      Cyberstone commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes but since this was working not as intended, they decided to fix it. But not to fear, I'm sure the 'unexpected error' issue will still be there for us all to enjoy. Except for g12x who is so pro he doesn't get that error EVER.

Originally posted by (CM)Neightril View Post
    Preliminary Patch Notes for Rappelz Epic 9.1 - Masquerade

[Monster AI]

- If there were obstacles between a player and a monster, players had to go around it to attack where as monsters could just disregard all obstacles and even move through walls to attack players.
    - Monsters will now move in the shortest path possible to get near the player to attack.
    - These changes are not considered as a final decision and we will continue to monitor how these changes will effect the server status and gameplay and make improvements accordingly.
    - Similar to the article 1, if there is a monster behind a wall or an obstacle, players could not move directly to the monster but they could still attack.
    - With improvements made so that monsters take the proper route to get to players, players and monsters can no longer attack or use skills through obstacles.
    - This part is also not considered as a final one and we will continue to monitor gameplay and server, and make better improvements as necessary.
    1. I know it must be a huge "work to do" but this shouldn't apply to flying pet(unless its a wall)
    2. Using the same logic as the flying pets, this shouldn't be applied to ranged atk/skills, taking the height leverage and distance in account ofc
    Last edited by Mario30; 13-08-2014, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Athyra
      Athyra commented
      Editing a comment
      or archers/mages, if the obstacle is something like a rock or pile of bones

but on the PTS it 100% screws with these in the most frustrating way ever

• Mario30
      Mario30 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, they could get a base code for this in any minor game like ragnarok that use this very same system for attacking if they're lazy or dont know how to do it...

So if there are 3-5 mobs camping next to entrance to next room in cube, we have to start over with cp if the pt isn't strong enough to handle this agroo.. (yeah we've all been there) this will ruin cp's for all lv 150-155 players..just sayin... this cant be a final desition i hope u will see this too.

Comment

• Athyra
      Athyra commented
      Editing a comment
      good point, door campers now become unsolvable in cube for parties without very good tanks

• BahlUni
      BahlUni commented
      Editing a comment
      Back when temple bosses were tough to some people put a heal pet next to the bridge (bottom). What that achieved was that you could have aggro on something that couldn't be hit and this literally made a boss freeze into place. If you one minute ruled on that pet you were able to attack it and gain aggro up to where you had more threat than the pet without getting hit at all. The fix to this was to make it impossible to summon pets next to the bridge.

Funny enough this change would recreate ideal circumstances for doing so again. So if you have any char that can take a few hits he could enter first and you can pull aggro of him by healing, buffing, scrolling. As long as nobody gains more threat on the mobs and the person on the other side of the gate doesn't enter, those mobs shouldn't hit anything.

Of course you could one min rule like in temple dungeons as well, or pull all mobs in a room and use a similar form of aggro to get it on a slave and 1 min rule on it. I just don't see the point of doing so since it would only benefit people that have an extremely poor ks. I doubt anybody with the ks low enough to benefit from it would make it past the first 2 rooms where you can't use this tactic.

• Mario30
      Mario30 commented
      Editing a comment
      AoE damage and agroo skills + lowering healing skills lvls would solve a lil bit of this doesnt it? O.o

I hope this roaming monster update only affects the gnoll and naga boss, and not hardcore dungeons.
    Hardcore dungeons 80% of people RELY on the mobs respawning fast..

And regarding the no longer being able to attack if there's obstacles will likely bring hundreds of bugs and annoyances, and not to forget that cube dungeon becomes an even bigger pain to go to.
    [Rappelz - Baphomet]
    ​Corsola 170 Corruptor - Mightnare 167 Master Breeder

Click here to see what soulpets I am looking to buy

Comment

• Mario30
      Mario30 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats what devs are PAID FOR isnt it? O.o I bet there are ppl whiling to code it for the same budget, like freelancers if thats too much for then to handle...

I agree with Athyra and others here: there just is no logical reason why ranged classes/mages shouldn't be able to attack when the obstacle is just a pile of dirt etc. on the floor. What for are the classes ranged? I didn't know it means, walk around the dirt and then attack. I highly doubt that in reality an archer walks around a pile of dirt to shoot? Or if I throw a ball to someone it doesn't bother me if there is some dirt/rock on the floor....This change just makes no sense. I agree, that maybe we shouldn't be able to attack through a wall, but then please don't park the mobs right in front of the cube doors. I understand ofc that it boosts the GMFB sales, but it is not exactly motivating to tele into a bunch of mobs and end up dead or with a dead pet after the loading screen has finished.

Comment

• G12x
      G12x commented
      Editing a comment
      They better not leave this. Ranged classes in all games are able to atk even if a pebble in the way.

This obstacle "fix" was probably their way of "balancing" melee/ranged. But, instead of fixing melee and making them more desirable and enjoyable (because that would require effort, right?), they just decided to f*ck over ranged classes instead.

Rappelz/10

Comment

Originally posted by Triss View Post
      This obstacle "fix" was probably their way of "balancing" melee/ranged. But, instead of fixing melee and making them more desirable and enjoyable (because that would require effort, right?), they just decided to f*ck over ranged classes instead.

Rappelz/10
      LOL right it seems that way. As a melee I can tell you and I'm sure anyone will agree how irritating the glitches in there are already. But what they are doing is no solution by any means. In fact, I am pretty sure this will render cube dungeon ABSOLUTELY USELESS, and people will go only to the Clown dungeon. People will be grinding hard on SS/Growth Pots from 150-160 in other spots now instead of Cube...

It's a shame really. They could've improved cube and removed these stupid obstacles all together or at least made it so melee's could step up onto them easily. I mean, what purpose do they serve at all realistically?? As pointed out, for ranged classes (currently) they are meaningless and pose no problem. So why do it backwards and make it so they are like invisible pillars or some crap... it just... makes no sense... Nintendo logic? D:

Comment

• Mario30
        Mario30 commented
        Editing a comment
        if u think about logic, can u imagine someone with a STEEL ARMOUR+STEEL GAUNTLETS+STEEL BOOTS+STEEL HELMETS+STEEL WEAPON passing over a bunch of rocks or bones easily? If u think about proportion its like if the piles are hitting in ur knee in size o.O that's what doesn't makes sense at all to me O.o

It would make more sense to go around it...

Can anyone confirm anything about awakenings.

Comment

Originally posted by (MOD)Corsola View Post
        I hope this roaming monster update only affects the gnoll and naga boss, and not hardcore dungeons. Hardcore dungeons 80% of people RELY on the mobs respawning fast..
        To me it reads like this:

"Handful players complained about the unfair advantage of Assassins being able to lose aggro (which is working as intended) and have instant respawns, so we deceided to make sure noone gets them anymore."

Anyone besides me getting reminded of the VM ware / Sandboxie fiasco?
        A handful of players couldn't log buffslaves, so take it away from everyone who isn't able to log them in on a seperate computer.

Which leads to the question: Are Hardcore installments of the dungeons not meant to be frequently visited? Forcing everyone to level in regular dungeons again, cos after one person / party wiped hardcore dungeons the next 10-15 minutes no mobs? That some way to make higher durability gears more rare to increase prices again? Safety measure to make sure people don't die in hardcore too often, cos they don't go there anymore? Or do they want to increase the visits of Vulcanus dungeon to get everyone addicted to solo-playing in an MMO?

Originally posted by Triss
        This obstacle "fix" was probably their way of "balancing" melee/ranged.
        But, instead of fixing melee and making them more desirable and enjoyable (because that would require effort, right?), they just decided to f*ck over ranged classes instead.
        Perfectly fits the scheme.
        People complained about rangeds being able to attack from a distance (working as intended) as an unfair advantage, must make sure people now are unable to cast a spell or lose an arrow over a pebble on the floor. To add some spice, in 9.2 you can't attack across other mobs and in 9.3 can't stand behind other players to use ranged attacks, cos you might hurt the other player by mistake.

From playing KTS and PTS so far, I only ever heard complains about the objects standing in the way of people, making playing a joyfree experience for melees. To make it more balanced / fair, they had to take away the joy for ranged classes aswell. They probably thought: Hey, if we add objects that keep you from attacking / playing it gets more interesting.

Yes, it will get more interesting. Interesting in terms of 'How many more friends and guildies will quit due to it?' Yes, it makes me angry at this point. But maybe it helps with the 'people complain about lag' issue. Yeah, annoying away costumers certainly will lead to less lag on the server, as it gets emptier every day. -.-

Didn't they learn in basic marketing classes to NOT drain their milk cow dries by being rude to their costumers? I thought they wanted to earn money, not lose it...
        Moonlight Densetsu

Comment

• Mario30
          Mario30 commented
          Editing a comment
          completed agreed, Loved it

yes, i awakened 40 xbows, all had positive stats

the frequency and magnitude of stats seems identical to now, just all positive
        170 DE - Tyrant
        Stop Lucky Boxes unless they are for permanent CS items. Put items that are always in demand in CS permanently (acs/acd/ubuk)!

Comment

Originally posted by (CM)Neightril View Post
          [Monster AI]

Will this be the case by all the negative feedback? IDK, but I do know people always like to 100% jump on the negativity train on ANYTHING, all hail the human psyche.

Comment

• Mario30
            Mario30 commented
            Editing a comment
            well, if u think theoretically it have good sides, but we all know that gameplay is something we need to experiment to have the "know how" of the subject, i didnt got in the PTS to know how its going on, but one thing i can say, if EVERY SINGLE POST about it is negative its cuz something is wrong dont u think? O.o

I wonder if the dev's are trying to make the game less and less desirable to play, cos if that's their game, they're playing the shit out of it.
          Probably won't be back after the US 9.1 release...

Comment

I was really excited to go back to my assassin then this Update Came destoying my hype for epic 9.1 # FAIL 2 (Range Rocks again with Rf)

Can you bring Updates with out touching here and there and making things worse ... Iam really disspointed

however, we are in preliminary stage .
            Last edited by XXGohanXx; 13-08-2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatteress View Post
              Anyone besides me getting reminded of the VM ware / Sandboxie fiasco?
              A handful of players couldn't log buffslaves, so take it away from everyone who isn't able to log them in on a seperate computer.
              It was NEVER about fairness, other players couldn't run slaves or whatever bullshit the GMs told us!

When we had a login event with nice prices some months ago, people got error messages like "no slot free" when trying to log in! So each logged in character reserves on slot. So with banning slaves Webzen/Gpotatoe needed less slots and I asume amount of slots relates somehow to amount of money to be payed for license/hosting/whatever. We believed the bullshit of the GMs because we didn't know about this. They reduced the amount of slots, saved some money and when suddenly more people than expected logged, they saw the error message.

Furthermore buffslaves reduced the amount of people buying the buff-thingy from CS.

So it was NEVER about fairness, but just about money! And they don't have the balls to be honest!

edit:
              With luck no affecting the drop rate, allowing buffslaves not for all is even more unfair:
              http://forum.webzen.com/forum/en/rap...102#post149102
              Don't believe if a GM is talking about fairness! With Epic 9.1 buffslaves not only increase KS but also drop rate!

On topic: LOLOLOLOL to "fixing" HM/HC dungeon mob respawn! Another prove they don't play the game they develop.

edit:To sum this update up:
              MUHAHAHAHA! LOLOLOL! ROFL! *facepalm*
              Last edited by Wuvvi; 13-08-2014, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavenlyBuffer View Post
                I agree with Athyra and others here: there just is no logical reason why ranged classes/mages shouldn't be able to attack when the obstacle is just a pile of dirt etc. on the floor. What for are the classes ranged? I didn't know it means, walk around the dirt and then attack. I highly doubt that in reality an archer walks around a pile of dirt to shoot? Or if I throw a ball to someone it doesn't bother me if there is some dirt/rock on the floor....This change just makes no sense. I agree, that maybe we shouldn't be able to attack through a wall, but then please don't park the mobs right in front of the cube doors. I understand ofc that it boosts the GMFB sales, but it is not exactly motivating to tele into a bunch of mobs and end up dead or with a dead pet after the loading screen has finished.

It might not actually be that bad if all you have to do is take one step to the side in order to have a clear line of sight to the mob. Besides, since the mob has to go around as well.. You might not even have to move as he comes toward you.

My take on all the complaints about the cube floor is really that it was intended to add a little extra challenge. To be honest, I didn't mind the way it originally was from the beginning. When I used to play slayer, all it was just a matter of moving into direct view of the mob and hitting shadow rush… I would usually beat the ranged classes to the first strike on the mob. Now however, as they are trying "fix" it, due to all these people complaining, I do have issues with my toon having a seizure as I try to attack a mob that is sitting directly on a floor block. I see this change they are working on as a good thing.

Before you all start complaining... When not try to adjust to a possible new challenge.

Comment

• Mario30
                  Mario30 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like your thinking but some things are really just logical like small obstacles like a crate or a lower wall being not a real obstacle for ranged chars, this ground thing, its just absurd to think a lil height diference like 2 axis is enough to stop a moving, it should just be like it is now unless its a whole new floor...

• Leja
                  Leja commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The problem is that rappelz is not a truly 3D game... so unfortunately these "obstacles" really just have infinite height.

• Mario30
                  Mario30 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  well, since every thing is coded it can be changed, it's up if devs are willing to do it...

I want to see your face after you have been inside the Circus. ^.^
                Moonlight Densetsu

Comment

• Leja
                  Leja commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is that a comment to my post?

Originally posted by Triss View Post

Rappelz/10
                If they want to balance things they shouldn't have put unavoidable disruptive skills on ranged pets... That's such an OP feature that even melee and magic classes use ranged pets... Going on more dangerous matter, it would raise the fun/gameplay tactics to only be able to use pets on your own lvl and under, the games that use some kind of pet/sidekicks that have this feature are REALLY enjoyable and i think it would be a real asset to the game in terms of parting and exploring the gameplay to the fullest... just my two cents about that

Comment

This epic went live on Sea and their patch notes are even shorter than the info we got so far. I do hope it will be more elaborate when e9p1 goes live.

On Sea the new weapons and rings etc were for 165+. That might well be because they have d3 mc there. Does anybody know what the level limit on these for US server will be?

Comment

For anyone interested, I've created a POLL regarding "Monster AI" which you can find by clicking here.

It seems to be one of the biggest issues people are debating, so I thought the CMs/Devs, whoever is in charge might like to see specifically via a vote what the feedback is based on, well, largely speculation but from the description it just sounds terrible IMO. However there seem to be a few who disagree, thus the poll so people can voice their opinion directly.

Comment

Working...
                    X