[Guide]Deleting Characters / Accounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide]Deleting Characters / Accounts

***Note: It is important to know the difference between the two delete methods to avoid "accidentally" deleting your account instead of just your character. ***

DELETING CHARACTERS
    You can delete any of your available characters from the Character Selection screen by tapping the X mark beside the Character's Name.

Here, we're going to delete the character "Aech" (shout out to those who get the reference!)

A pop-up will appear asking you to verify using a code. Enter the code found in the White Text Box and tap on Confirm if you're 100% sure you want to delete your Character.

​NOTE: YOU CANNOT RE-USE THE NAME OF THE DELETED CHARACTER.
    Please remember this if you're planning on deleting a character so you can use their name again on a new character.

Once you select Confirm, you will be redirected to the Character Selection Screen and your selected Character will be deleted.

In this case, the name "Aech" cannot be used in the server I'm currently in even if the character using the name was already deleted.

Good bye, Aech

DELETING ACCOUNTS

Just like how you can delete Characters, you can also delete Accounts.

To do this, simply go to System > Settings > Game

Under the Game tab, you should be able to see a button for "Delete Account".

NOTE: YOU CANNOT RESTORE DELETED ACCOUNTS.
    Check FAQ: http://muorigin.webzen.com/en/support/faq/account/60

You do not have to worry about deleting your account due to an accidental tap since you will be asked to enter a verification code to confirm the action.

I won't delete my account for this Guide, of course!

I hope this helps

I think this should be "Stickey", don`t you think ?
    I`ve been reading countless players claiming that they are accidentally deleting their accounts rather than their characters.

Kudos, my friend.
    Thank you for giving time on making this guide

Comment

Great guide! It is now at the top!

WEBZEN Portal | Support Portal

My In-Game names:
      MUAlycia (US-East 2+, US-West 1+​, Europe 1+)
      Alycia (US-East 1)
      Webzen moderators will never ask you for your password!

Comment

Originally posted by [MOD
        MUAlycia;n1921847]Great guide! It is now at the top!
        Oh yay it was sticky-ed! Awesome

Comment

Thank you, very helpful guide!

I have a question about deleting an account. If I delete an MU Origin account associated with my Webzen account, will it delete only that MU Origin account, or will it also delete the Webzen account?

Thank you.
          Vote in the poll: Enable Diamond Confirmations<<==click

Comment

• SpiritAngela
            SpiritAngela commented
            Editing a comment
            It should only delete your MU Origin account. Just to ask, are you planning to delete your account?

• Badkitty
            Badkitty commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi SpiritAngela!

I do not want to delete my main account -- which I created with Google.

I want to delete an MU Origin account I created by accident -- it is linked to my Webzen account. There are no characters on that account.

I want to make sure that it will only delete the MU Origin account associated with my Webzen account, but not delete the Webzen account itself. I hope that makes sense.

Originally posted by ForecastJanna View Post
          Oh yay it was sticky-ed! Awesome

LOL
          Thanks for this, i sometimes forget about this " Account and Character " thing.
          Also, this needs to be updated
          The Account deletion has a warning but i can`t read it clearly, could you maybe make a new guide ?

Where are you ? Haven`t seen you here recently.

Comment

Working...
          X