Darkayen's Advanced Guide, How to be top player in F2P way v_0.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkayen's Advanced Guide, How to be top player in F2P way v_0.1

This guide is based on Poor man's Guide to F2P/VIP1-2 MU Origin! v_0.1 and NewBie Guide. I followed those guides with success and I thought that I will create a new one with my small advices. If you haven't read them yet then do that first because I won't mention about every basic aspect of the game.

If you want to:
    - play without paying for VIP
    - be in top 50 CP ranking for a long time
    - be in top 50 arena ranking for a long time (sometimes be in top 3)
    - be in top 50 ZEN ranking for a long time
    - be in top 50 Endless Tower ranking for quite some time
    - get almost all rewards (epics and jewels) from DS (Devil Square) and BC (Blood Castle)
    - get rainbow crystals from crystal mine (after a week+)
    then this is a guide for you!

Sadly MU Origin is a game where P2W ("pay to win") players can easly be at the top of rankings and F2P ("free to play") players won't stand a chance to be even in the top 10 but still you can be very strong and be one of the strongest players on the server. Keep in mind that P2W players have more possibilities to improve their lvl, rebirth, CP and so on but my tactic described in this guide will help you to be stronger than most P2W players.

First thing you need to know is that higher lvl and higher rebirth doesn't mean that you are stronger. If you want to be strong then you should focus on CP.
    It's far better to have 50k CP on 1st rebirth than 30k CP on 2nd rebirth.
    also... it's better to have 50k CP on 1st rebirth than 50k CP on 2nd rebirth because on higher rebirth you fight with stronger players in BC and DS.

HIGH CP
    In order to have high constant CP you have to:
    - buy and improve talisman (gems)
    - improve your skills (gems and zen), especially buff skill
    - improve your wings (Condor)
    - get epic items (shiny with luck option) with highest tier possible which you can wear (Devil square and auction)
    - enchance your items (Jewel of Bless, Jewel of Soul, Jewel of Life, Seed Jewel) (Enhancement Guide by MiaoMi)
    - wear angel/satan from reward
    - finish Journal quests for passive buff
    - improve your title lvl for passive buff
    - improve your arena rank lvl for passive buff
    - improve your zodiac for passive buff

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO EVERYDAY IN MU ORIGIN
    - get rewards
    - finish story dungeons
    - finish endless tower
    - visit coloseum for xp
    - finish daily xp
    - finish daily zen
    - finish daily and target quests
    - visit PVP statue and donate it with zen
    - exchange zen (and diamonds if you want)
    - finish BC and DS
    - finish party kundun quest (50k+ cp party)
    - finish party corps quest (full pt with high cp people)
    - check incompleted tasks (use zen clear)
    - check auction
    - sell not needed items for ZEN/Diamonds
    - buy seed jewels for gems (condor of flame is optional but I prefer to buy it aswell)
    - mine rainbow and diamond crystals (exchange bound diamonds for zen is better than gathering zen crystals)
    - buy 10x 200k bound zen from bound diamonds shop (15 bound diamond each)
    - farm monsters to finish journal
    - cheer up players for xp
    - fight on arena
    - improve your CP
    - if possible join other events like illusion temple or chaos castle
    - have fun

BLOOD CASTLE
    - Enter BC in last 5 seconds before it closes - that way there is a big chance that you will have less players in BC... you might be even alone. Less players in BC = bigger chances to get a reward
    - Jewel of Bless goes to the player with highest dmg dealt to the statue. Start attacking statue as fast as possible. If you won't attack that statue for 1-2 seconds then you might lose your reward. CP buff isn't needed here.

DEVIL SQUARE
    - Enter DS as soon as possible - that way you will have bigger chance to have 10/10 players in DS. At 0 rebirth it might be hard to kill Metal Balrog but on every higher rebirth it will be killed easly.
    - Try to search for spawned groups of monsters.
    - On 0 or 1 wave use CP buff - that way you will start hitting metal balrog with CP buff
    - All rewards (epics, jewels and so on) goes to the player (or party) with highest dmg dealt to Metal Balrog. Start attacking metal balrog as soon as possible. On 0 wave it will appear... in most cases near spawned group of monsters. If he didn't appear there then go search for him. Finding him first is very important. Once you see him, start attacking him.

ARENA
    Enter arena with your buff on. Once battle starts go directly to your foe and use STUN skill first. You should be able to stun him before his first attack - it will give you advantage. Your stun skill has highest priority to use. You should be able to win against players up to 120% of your CP so pick only those players with less CP than 120% of your CP. (more than 110% might be hard but it's possible)

HOW TO START
    Start on the first day of the server. That way you will get the same login rewards as P2W players. If you want to be in the top 100 then this is important.
    Your task at the beginning is to get highest CP possible on 0 rebirth before you enter BC and DS.
    1. Follow your quests, finish events and dungeons. Do all possible events except BC and DS. Focus on dmg and enchancing weapon instead of armor. (all jewel of life should go to weapon and necklace, +7 weapon and necklace first, then armor set, seed of jewel to weapon)
    2. Go to BC to get your Jewel of Bless x3. Enchance weapon again and then go to DS for epics.
    3. Disassemble normal and green items. Blue items can be sold on auction for ZEN. Equip or put all epics for your class to storage (you will combine them later to higher tier). All other epics you can sell on auction for Diamonds (sometimes for ZEN is a good idea also)
    4. Turn off auto stats. Do your 1st rebirth. Add stats manually to be able to wear 4 tier weapon and 3 tier armor (some fruits may be needed) on max lvl. Follow steps 2-3 until you reach 1 rebirth and 100 lvl. Join the best guild which will dominate crystal mine in the future.
    5. For the next few days DON'T go to rebirth 2. Farm 3 tier epics and jewels from BC and DS. Improve your CP. You should focus on getting 4tier weapon (epic shiny with luck), 1x 4 tier necklace (epic shiny), all armor items on 3 tier (epic shiny). Do this until you reach 50-70k CP. (That way you will get ALL epics and jewels from DS/BC BUT you will lose a possibility to farm crystals from crystal mine for few days... choose yourself what is more important to you... epics or crystal mine)
    6. Around 50-70k CP (few days of playing) you should already have:
    - wear full epic shiny 4-3 tier set (weapon and necklace +7 or more with 20 option or more and armor +6 or more)
    - prepared 3 tier armor epics in storage for combining your current 3 tier armor set to 4 tier
    - prepared 4 tier weapon epics in storage for combining your current 4 tier weapon to 5 tier.
    - 10000+++ % xp which will ba added after rebirth
    7. Time for rebirth 2 and crystal mine entry. On around 9500% xp and after all quests you should be able to jump to 2r and 80lvl. Use fruits, add manually stats to be able to wear 5 tier weapon and 4 tier armor set. Your CP will jump to 90-100k
    8. Repeat previous steps to gather all epics but tier higher before you jump to the next rebirth. Remember that you should boost your stats with fruits every day. Focus on changing your epic items to epic items with luck option +5% They cost around 2-3x more Diamonds but in the end it will give you 35% critical boost and it gives a lot. I decided to upgrade only weapons on the next rebirth because it will give me again more dmg so it will be easier in DS/BC with getting loot. Around 6100% xp on rebirth 2 100lvl you can jump to rebirth 3 100lvl after finishing all quests. I reached 6100% xp on around 160k CP, all epics with luck and upgraded to +9. Weapons and necklace with 30 option. Armor with 10 option. 4 lvl wings, hunter title, upgraded all zodiacs. After upgrading weapons and necklace to higher tier I have 170 CP and I'm top 28 CP player. Hundreds of people are now on rebirth 4 while I'm on rebirth 3 and I'm still able to get most epics from DS. Now I get so many Diamonds every day that I started to exchange them for XP, bounded ZEN and Star essence. Now I'm planing to upgrade again only weapons and necklace after next rebirth for better DPS. Anyway I won't upgrade this guide anymore because I'm finishing my adventure with MU origin. Anyway I would continue that tactic until top rebirth. Getting epics from DS, doing all things described in "what you should do everyday in mu origin" and waiting with rebirth upgrade is the most important thing of this guide. 3-12 epics everyday gives you a lot of Diamonds which are imortant to get jewels, fruits and other items to upgrade your CP even more.

ENDLESS TOWER
    Try to finish as many floors as possible. On 1r you should be able to finish 20 floors... on 2r you should be able to finish 30 floors and so on. Remember to swipe and get rewards everyday. How to finish all floors?
    - Use stuns and aoe skills.
    - Learn to kite... all monsters in endless tower will not chase you around the whole map... they have some movement limit/range. Good tactic is to attack them with long range skill and move back right after your attack. That way they will try to reach you but they will never get near you if you will run away in time. Remember to buy best hp potions. If you can't kill all monsters in time then try to use CP buff.

DUNGEONS
    The most important thing is to finish dungeons in 3 minutes... that way you will be able to swipe them in the future and not waste time on them. You should be able to finish all dungeons in 3 minutes (after rebirth) except the last one (elite and hell). Elite one will require a little bit more CP (you can try to use CP buff). Hell one is difficult. It requires best hp potions and CP buff. It might be hard to finish it even in 10 minutes but it's possible and it's worth the effort because you will get epic item very often.
    In difficult dungeons try to use kite tactic + running away on the whole map. A good idea is to move near obstacles (for example small column from the left of hydra spawn). Boss monsters are having problems with moving around them (sometimes they can even get stuck for a moment) - it will give you time to do more damage.
    In the future check "Automatic disasseble" option and swipe all normal and elite dungeons. Hell dungeons swipe without "Automatic disasseble" because you might get good epic item for you to wear or for combine.

Sorry for mistakes (english is not my native language). If you will see any mistake then let me know. I hope this guide will help

I love your guide and too bad that this was posted after the Soft Launch, I could have save a lot because of this guide. Anyway, I need a clarification about this part:

Originally posted by Darkayen View Post
    ADDITIONAL FAQ
    Q: Why should I use 2x one handed weapons instead of 1x two handed?
    A: For example:
    - 2x one handed swords will give more CP than 1x two handed weapon
    - 2x one handed swords +7 will give FAR more CP than 1x two handed weapon +7
    This requires more reasorces for enchancment but it give more CP overall
    Which of these deals the most damage? Let's disregard the Luck option as the Twohander won't be able to cater the same chance that 2 swords can do. I understand that we're talking about CP increase but we need to keep in mind that visible numbers aren't always a good sign that a character is better than anyone else.

And frankly, everyone knows that the DK is the only class in MU Origin that can use 2 different one-handed weapons at the same time.

*****Guides*****
    Transferring Enhancement/Option/Seed Options ||| Combine ||| Labyrinth of Dimensions

Comment

Originally posted by MiaoMi View Post
      Which of these deals the most damage? Let's disregard the Luck option as the Twohander won't be able to cater the same chance that 2 swords can do. I understand that we're talking about CP increase but we need to keep in mind that visible numbers aren't always a good sign that a character is better than anyone else.

And frankly, everyone knows that the DK is the only class in MU Origin that can use 2 different one-handed weapons at the same time.
      Ok I thought that this advice/rule will work for all classes... but I was wrong... I play as DK and for DK 2 swords = biggest dps. It's easy to check that. You can simply buy all weapons of the same tier (normal without enhancements) for your class. Equip each of them and check which one gives the biggest dmg range in stats (or check just CP). I will fix this info in guide. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Oh, I never thought of that. So I guess the 2 sword build works as a whole and not individually. I used to play Diablo and 2 weapons usually work individually depending on the skill you used but since most of the DK skills damage are calculated as one, I guess that's how they get their DPS from 2 different swords. I'm using a two-handed weapon, in case you ask.
        *****Guides*****
        Transferring Enhancement/Option/Seed Options ||| Combine ||| Labyrinth of Dimensions

Comment

At the beginning I was using an axe... one day I saw on auction that all axes are very cheap... one handed swords were very expensive and spears had average price. I thought that each tier gives the same dps but when I checked that then I saw that there is actually a small difference. For dk it's: axe < spear < 2x one handed swords. Keep in mind that 2x one handed swords can also give double bonus from luck.

Edit:
          I added Endless tower and Dungeons parts to my guide. More will come in the future.

Comment

Thank you for the excellent guide!

This would make a great pinned topic.

You cover so much excellent material. I have a few questions so I'll start with one of them.

Originally posted by Darkayen View Post
            4. Turn off auto stats. Do your 1st rebirth. Add stats manually to be able to wear 4 tier weapon and 3 tier armor (some fruits may be needed) on max lvl. Follow steps 2-3 until you reach 1 rebirth and 100 lvl.
            I will have to look for information on auto stats as I don't understand much about them.

I am currently 3rd Rebirth Level 74. Can I still turn off auto stats for free and would it benefit me to do so?
            Vote in the poll: Enable Diamond Confirmations<<==click

Comment

Originally posted by Badkitty View Post
              I am currently 3rd Rebirth Level 74. Can I still turn off auto stats for free and would it benefit me to do so?
              You can turn off auto stats at no costs at any level. Since you've been using auto stats from the start, you might need to reset your stats so you can wear your preferred tier set, however, this will cost you 100 diamonds to reset your stats.

If you think the your current stats (from auto) is enough to get you to wear your preferred tier set then no need to reset your stats. You can just disable auto stat-ing and manually input your needed stats moving forward.
              IGN: Gebhartz
              Server: US West | Origin 2
              Guild: Prison68 (GM)

Comment

Hye budd I'm new and I was looking a guide like this to a good start, first thankyou very much to share your tips, now I got few questions.

1.- So you recommend to stop at [r1] 100 to get al Epic Tier 3 right? so after I get all Epic Tier 3 (no matter the stats) can I feel free to to the rebirth?

2.- I see in dungeons they are 0/3 times then I unlock a new level, should do all of them daily? does it takes Zen or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Gebhart View Post

You can turn off auto stats at no costs at any level. Since you've been using auto stats from the start, you might need to reset your stats so you can wear your preferred tier set, however, this will cost you 100 diamonds to reset your stats.

If you think the your current stats (from auto) is enough to get you to wear your preferred tier set then no need to reset your stats. You can just disable auto stat-ing and manually input your needed stats moving forward.

Thank you, Gebhart, for your reply. I think I am pretty happy with my stats so far (but I have no idea what I am doing, haha) -- I think I have obtained the required agility to wear the next tier of armor (if I can ever find any that is epic).

Is there a benefit to disabling auto stating?

I don't even know what auto stating is or what manual stating is. Does it mean I can input my own stats ... I'm sure it wouldn't let me put in whatever I like or I would have the maximum numbers on everything, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Gebhart View Post

Okay I did some more reading and I understand the auto stat better now.

I have some under Energy and from what I have read here, the Elf class doesn't really use energy.

Currently my stats are:

Strength 1214
                    Energy 30
                    Ability 485
                    Stamina 729

So should I do the following:

1. Turn auto off
                    2. Do a reset (I assume this is the only way to move the ones in energy to another category)
                    3. Place the stats where I want them

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thank you, Gebhart, for your reply. I think I am pretty happy with my stats so far (but I have no idea what I am doing, haha) -- I think I have obtained the required agility to wear the next tier of armor (if I can ever find any that is epic).

Is there a benefit to disabling auto stating?

I don't even know what auto stating is or what manual stating is. Does it mean I can input my own stats ... I'm sure it wouldn't let me put in whatever I like or I would have the maximum numbers on everything, haha.
                      You're welcome. Disabling the auto stating feature let's you allocate the points on your own to your preferred stats. Like for some players who wanted the DPS build, they want T6 weapon and necklace while only wearing T3/T4 armors. I'm not really sure on how the auto stat is formulated but it allocates the stats to everything.

If you disable the auto stat feature then you can allocate whatever points remaining you have to your own preference. This applies just so you can meet the minimum requirements to your preferred equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkNovas View Post
                        Hye budd I'm new and I was looking a guide like this to a good start, first thankyou very much to share your tips, now I got few questions.

1.- So you recommend to stop at [r1] 100 to get al Epic Tier 3 right? so after I get all Epic Tier 3 (no matter the stats) can I feel free to to the rebirth?

2.- I see in dungeons they are 0/3 times then I unlock a new level, should do all of them daily? does it takes Zen or something?
                        1 - It's your choice if you want to stay or move up to the next rebirth level. The only reason players stay at a certain rebirth level is to farm for equipments which they can sell for diamonds which in turn used for purchasing fruits (creation/chaos) or luck items.

2 - As much as possible do all 3 attempts for the dungeons specially DS when you're able to farm it. The 4th attempt for the dungeons require diamonds (not sure how much though).

Comment

Okay I did some more reading and I understand the auto stat better now.

I have some under Energy and from what I have read here, the Elf class doesn't really use energy.

Currently my stats are:

Strength 1214
                          Energy 30
                          Ability 485
                          Stamina 729

So should I do the following:

1. Turn auto off
                          2. Do a reset (I assume this is the only way to move the ones in energy to another category)
                          3. Place the stats where I want them

Thanks in advance.
                          If the "30" energy that you have isn't purely from fruits, then I suggest you do a reset once you hit the RB3 100. It would be best if you can let us know your current equipment so we can check it and know which should be prioritized. Also, what build are you trying to make?

Comment

Hello everybody!
                            Anyone know if i use an elixir to increase my character attributes and use an item like, sword, pants, helm, while my attributes are increased. When this buffs over i'll lose the equipment attributes?

For example.

I have 500 point in energy, but i have a staff that require 900 energy points. Then i use this elixir and after that i'll have 1000 energy points. At this time i can wear my staff. So the question is. When this buffs over i'll lose the attributes of this staff?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Icaro131 View Post
                              Hello everybody!
                              Anyone know if i use an elixir to increase my character attributes and use an item like, sword, pants, helm, while my attributes are increased. When this buffs over i'll lose the equipment attributes?

For example.

I have 500 point in energy, but i have a staff that require 900 energy points. Then i use this elixir and after that i'll have 1000 energy points. At this time i can wear my staff. So the question is. When this buffs over i'll lose the attributes of this staff?

Thanks
                              Yes, after the buff period ends, you'll see that your character is still wearing the equipment but the stats is not added to you at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X