Why MuOnline cannot succeed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codekill
    started a topic Why MuOnline cannot succeed.

Why MuOnline cannot succeed.

There is something I've wanted to say about why I think Mu cannot ever be taken seriously.

To "start"

1.) Realms

You have 4 different Realms for a community base small enough to fit into one, let alone 4. All you're doing is causing people with 3 old crap computers in the closet to make duplicate accounts for each realm, meaning; no unique playerbase, just accounts. You MUST allow us to transfer characters to other realms at the VERY least!

Solution: Create one massive realm and combine all of your players. Or at least let us transfer realms at ease.

2.) The "MuHelper" ....

*Sigh* Where do I start. The MuHelper doesn't help. It plays the damn game for you. How can you expect anyone who takes gaming seriously to play a game where any John can just hop on an Windows 98 fire up Mu and run the game with the bot until it blows up, throw in a few $ for perks and BOOM, you have a level 700 and NO idea what you're doing. You can't honestly expect this game to go anywhere while the MuHelper is still implemented , it's a lazy way of fighting bots. Go talk with Jagex, they can tell you all about the struggle to succeed through botters, and maybe a few hints on how to actual maintain your game. You're basically giving everyone a tool to cheat, what's next, a bot that produces maxed items? Oh yea, we already have that. It's the Mu Store.

Solution: Put a max amount of time the Helper can play at idle before the player has to engage to re-activate.

3.) Mu Store

I understand budget and the fact that you're a business that needs to make money to succeed WebZen, but WOW! Do you really have to basically offer virtually ANYTHING for cash? How can this game have any novelty items if John and Sam can just open their wallets and have enough jewels for it in no time? You're thinking SHORT-TERM here! If you actually put some effort into this game rather than selling your souls for cash, in the long-term it could make you rich. Just ask Andrew Gower.

*I understand you need to make money, but when you think about it, with all the perks from in-store and P2P, training in F2P is virtually useless. I could understand maybe a 20-30% exp boost MAX. But like 300-400% or whatever the max is now, that's INSANE! The comparison from training without any perks from the store and with is on completely different scales, you make it pointless to ever think about training unless you purchase some perks, why would you train for a week for something someone can get in 2 hours spending some money in the MuStore. You guys are too money hungry and not thinking logically about the future of your game.

Solution: Stop selling maxed items, if someone wins an item, it should be +0, as for buying them from the NPC. Leave it to the horrible Chaos Machine to decide if they get the item upped to +15. You're making it worthless for someone to try and ever take the horrible odds of making an item to +15 when they can be simply bought from the Mu Store.

4.) Advertising/Marketing

MuOnline is a dead game, we all know that. But it has tremendous potential if you'd just open your eyes and put in a little effort! Advertise the game, look into graphical updates and new maps. Stop taking shortcuts, this game is legendary but currently a steaming pile of **** because of many obvious reasons. You have to SPEND a little money, to MAKE a lot of money.

Solution: Use Google Ads, or something! Just spend a little money on getting the game out there.

5.) EXP events / Perks

You think to save the game you should make it into a private server. Well guess what, there is a reason most private servers didn't last what so ever and couldn't hardly hold a community for the most part, is because it was a temporary environment , level fast, get the best items fast, then get over the game FAST. I actually enjoyed back in Wigle when I had to battle my way through the maps, it was exciting unlocking new skills and spells. It took alot of work to reach even level 100. Now it's done within hours, it's pathetic. You can't enjoy a game you speed up to fast no one is able to enjoy it as it goes by. Levels mean nothing compared to when I started, we actually respected high levels for the efforts they've put into MuOnline. We announced level 400 a on the main page it was that rare. Now what's left to respect or value in a level progressed by the MU helper while you actively played a better game? Or an item you paid a few bucks on chaos cards for, there is no value or novelty in that, you're dulling down your own game!

Solution: A fair EXP boost cap.

6.) BUGS and server stability

MuOnline has been the most unstable and buggy game I've ever experienced. Small things like spelling mistakes and over lapping menus, horribly annoying chat filters that don't allow for proper English grammar like the use of " ' ". I mean come-on! Do you even play your own games? That's such an unprofessional and sloppy way of running a gaming business.
    Well, glad to get that all off my chest. Hope some of you reading can relate and express your reasons in this thread. I would love to see Mu in the right hands again, and we all voted for WebZen back while K2 was around, now I'm not to sure.

Solution: Spend some time figuring out all the bugs that are being reported in-game and on-forum, and hire some coders to fix them.

7.) Combat triangle

I'm going to keep this one short and sweet, the combat triangle in Mu is completely off. Level 200's buffed can destroy a level 400+, and from class to class there is hardly any equality among characters. It's sloppy and needs to be revised badly.

Solution: Add a bonus perk for being a higher level than the player you are in PVP with. (Depending on that gap)

8.) The Market

WebZen GM's, I'd like to make a bet with you. Go find me 960 Bless and let me know how long it takes you. Then ask yourself, how ridiculous it is that we trade with so many jewels that people have to use max rings, come on. This is just foolish. The currency needs to be corrected. Remove the duped gems and ban the stupid jewel selling website advertisers in-game.

Solution: Bring back reasonable jewel prices and keep in mind the time it takes to gather jewels. Remove duped jewels and look into accounts with large quantity and flag their next few trades.

9.) Customer Support

WebZen, you have one of the most unorganized and unqualified Game Masters yet, either that or you aren't laying enough funds in the budget to actually develop a real support system that works. You have a few of the only players left begging for support on a daily basis on the forums, open your eyes and see that once you host a MMORPG, you have to expect players needing your help on a large scale, not support for 1-2 players of Mu a day, people go weeks, even MONTHS waiting for your help. Buck up!

Also, blocking peoples accounts in error ?!? This is insane , and you wonder why the Mu community is so outraged? How can you block someones account who has probably paid you hundreds of dollars in error and not swiftly respond to their ticket to find a resolution to the problem? Come on...

Solution: Hire more customer support agents that actually know what their doing and have experience with customer relations and solutions. Hold board meetings and discuss what you can do to improve Mu online for everybody, keep in mind how happy and populated these servers once were back in the Wigle days. Bring that back.
    ----
    For the record, I love MuOnline and it's been a game I've enjoyed for about 10 years now. The reason I have so much to say regarding issues is that a lot of them have been here for so many years it's very frustrating. I know there are good Mu GM's out there, but not enough, and the funding for this game needs to start being spent on the betterment of the game, not the investors driveway souvenirs.
    ----

*** FROM MU REBIRTH - I THOUGHT THIS WAS RELEVANT ***

Originally posted by (VL)Mouse
    MU Rebirth closing: http://murebirth.webzen.com/news/not...ebirth-service

It was obvious to me that this was going to happen, that's why I stopped playing. I also quit the VL team a few months ago because the decisions made by the GMs are totally illogical. This game could have been very good source of income for Webzen if the management was better.

I'll list some of the reasons where they went wrong:
    • GMs don't know much about MU (and thus they make poor decisions for the game)
    • GMs are just incompetent and inexperienced overall. This was also seen in the Skype conversations that I have had.
    • Useless/overpriced webshop items (Is this a joke? Completely useless item in MUR http://murebirth.webzen.com/news/not...-card-released )
    • No advertising (therefore missing out on tens of thousands of new players). It's cheap to pay for advertising on private server listing sites and MU Rebirth, being an official server, could have easily attract a large player base if it was advertised and managed properly.
    • Overpowered socket items in the shop which broke PvP for every single class except Summoner and BK (and even for Summoner and BK it was still quite lame). I told the GMs repeatedly how this would destroy PvP in the game but they didn't seem to understand.
    • Lag when killing monsters
    • Skills not hitting all monsters properly
    • Imbalanced PvP
    • retarded Seasonal Competition System, and rewards given in MU Online and not MU Rebirth
    • The initial idea to delete all data every 3 months (WTF?!)
    • Lack of communication with GMs, no support on forum
    • Very poor predictions by GMs. They sort of expect everyone to play MU Rebirth and participate in their events without much logical backing or effort at all. For example, in the first PvP tournament they were looking for a total of 64 teams (16 in each region) but in the end there were only two teams that signed up (after the VL's urged some friends to participate). I am consistently ASTOUNDED by their poor logic.
    • Poor site maintenance, the CS/Gens ranking never worked and the Castle Siege time was listed on the site incorrectly.
    • The weekly site maintenance always occurred during the first half of the Castle Siege event, and if the maintenance was extended then no one could participate in the event.
    • Seeming lack of empathy for players
    • Lots of other reasons
    Bye bye all, I'll stick with private servers.

It was fun PKing, thanks to everyone that made the experience enjoyable. My IGN was Noob for those who don't know

• Codekill
    replied
    I appreciate the feedback from everyone here, I truly hope WebZen will either sell MuOnline to a respectable company or stop ignoring MuOnline community feedback. Although, after all of these years, I'm almost certain WebZen will never change their unprofessional, sloppy, and unreliable ways. Even K2 stepped away because of how terrible WebZen was to deal with.

PS: If anyone would like to join many of us old school(and new) Mu players on Discord check out https://discord.gg/rPZtsBD (Be sure to assign yourself the MuOnline role using #roles)
    Last edited by Codekill; 10-09-20, 12:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aidez
    replied
    The biggest problem is currency and market. People somehow get thousands of jewels and sell on their own private websites. And if you actually play the game, you would know that getting thousands of bless by farming would take years.

The act of selling stuff for money I don't disagree with. People do that on all kinds of online games. I'm okay with it. But if they are obtained by duping or other supposedly illegal measures, then that's a problem. When you can create something that usually takes months or years to get and then sell it on the market then you contribute to distorted prices.

Webzen also loses money because of this. Not just because it makes new players more likely to quit. But since people are spending money on black markets, it means money that could be spent on their game shops are being spent elsewhere.

----------------

Side note for the author of this post

I understand how frustrating you must be, but I wish the author of this post chose a different title. It should read "why MU is struggling to succeed" or some other way of speaking. The aggressive tone of the title and the fact you say it simply "cannot succeed" makes what you are suggesting less credible and you less approachable. I know what you are trying to say though. But just saying from experience, these kinds of titles make it difficult for the target audience to meet you on what you are saying.
    Last edited by Aidez; 06-09-20, 06:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 54xe
    replied
    It cannot succeed because it's ridiculous.
    You say that Mu Helper is a problem, I strongly disagree. It's a solution to a problem. Who wants to sit there doing the same thing over and over for a day just to get a pitiful level? It's not challenging, it's boring. I thought with Master Tree I'd see a light at the end of the tunnel, but it actually makes it worse. If I want to focus on something specific, I first need to add points to something that I do not need 10 times, multiplied by the amount of "ranks" that preceed the skill. 30 levels in MT with reduced exp rate (even on gold with all seals, bonus event exp and BOL), just so I can get what I want? By the time I'll get there, the exp grind is going to get more tedious. Parties do not make this experience any better. You get pathetic exp and get less loot because it's whoever picks it up first.

Then you have absolutely broken things like Dark Elf (no words...), events getting horded by people with max pro gear. It's really fun to teleport into BC, only to find a full guild party with max gear/max ML for bracket in there already. Good luck with that, and thanks for that Chaos/Zen/Time. Bosses getting deleted instantly. The Ruud situation is hilarious, actually. 100k for a single excellent weapon. Max you can get per event is 1000 Ruud. That means it would take you a 100 of absolutely perfect Events. And then you wonder why the game cannot succeed?... It's not because of a bot or even cheaters.

As for new players, they have absolutely no chance even if you give them free stuff. How are they supposed to do anything, other than getting "Pwned by Filter!"? So you have an aging playerbase that have multiple accounts with max gear, hoarding events/bosses while afking 24/7, and newbies who will quit because there's nothing for them. This is Mu4U.
    Last edited by 54xe; 05-09-20, 08:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Codekill
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremyHoang View Post
    1, Pay to win factor. Money grinding in this game is essential and not many players can afford to much money to keep their chars running. So, the player base of this game is most likely a person who have job and family and don't have much time on the computer, so they willing to pay to have fun.

2, Bad customer service and support. In my own experience, been playing the game for a little while on and off, and encounter few game bugs, problems. Trying to send ticket to WZ support or even in forum without receive any respond in return just make me feel helpless, hopeless.

3, Bugs, cheat, exploit and punishment. It is indeed very hard for the devs to detect such exploitation in the game (Bless dupe, +15 item enhancement), instead they just ban all account that are considered suspisious, even those are innocent account that only buying stuff in game market

4, Lack of player to player event. The game now becoming more and more pmv grinding focus and not much else to enjoy beside of using auto helper

All very valid points, thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• JeremyHoang
    replied
    I know a dude who spend US$10,000+ on Goldbin event just to get RareTicket12.4 for his Slayer, then WZ just slap him back and said that Wing4 Slayer Full Option is unavailable and not in the reward list.
    LOL. Poor guy

Leave a comment:

• JeremyHoang
    replied
    1, Pay to win factor. Money grinding in this game is essential and not many players can afford to much money to keep their chars running. So, the player base of this game is most likely a person who have job and family and don't have much time on the computer, so they willing to pay to have fun.

2, Bad customer service and support. In my own experience, been playing the game for a little while on and off, and encounter few game bugs, problems. Trying to send ticket to WZ support or even in forum without receive any respond in return just make me feel helpless, hopeless.

3, Bugs, cheat, exploit and punishment. It is indeed very hard for the devs to detect such exploitation in the game (Bless dupe, +15 item enhancement), instead they just ban all account that are considered suspisious, even those are innocent account that only buying stuff in game market

4, Lack of player to player event. The game now becoming more and more pmv grinding focus and not much else to enjoy beside of using auto helper

Leave a comment:

• Codekill
    replied
    Originally posted by Vjacheslav View Post
    All what i write is only my opinion.

From reading i understand one thing, that you are little kid that dont have money from parents to spend it into game.
    Or you dont have JOB to get money.

~~ random illegible nonsense here ~~

Beginning a discussion with an insult based on absolutely zero facts, amazing. Your contribution here is useless and if anyone sounds like an under-educated child, it's you.

Leave a comment:

• Vjacheslav
    replied
    All what i write is only my opinion.

From reading i understand one thing, that you are little kid that dont have money from parents to spend it into game.
    Or you dont have JOB to get money.

Now about the topic.

One good points is about Shop. Yes. give players chance to get top item is not that good for players.
    But again. Look at company. They created game. Very good and simple with oldschool RPG style.
    For 20 years their community become very small and less active. They dont have money.

Do you think that they earn to much? Lol it is not. In my opinion there is 80% goes to Service Pay. Internet, Servers, Pay to workers, Office, etc.
    And only 20% is profit. Maybe i Mistake and its more or less than 20%. But problem is that they dont have resources.

And you as a Player dont even support them. U know only how to post Bad text. Always say that you play "dead" game and much much more. If i be Moderator ill ban everyone who Say bad about company and product. Dont like it? Dont play it. Simple af.

I disagree with:
    -PVP combat. If u are level 200 and kill all level 800 with buffs its fine. Player who is 800 level can also get full buff and kill everyone 1200lvl. Whole game is pretty balanced.
    Do you want get your party strong? Play Buffers. Do you want to kill? Play DPS.

-Support. Dont know about support much. I got always help from them. Pretty quick and simple.

-One big realm. Worst idea that i have ever seen. Lol. Big lol. lmao.
    We dont have much spots to Level for all players.
    One good thing that can solve this is make all servers PVP and only Gold PVE. Wanna be safe? Pay!

-MuHelper
    Yes game become very easy with helper. I playing Mu online since it launched on webzen. I think iam one veteran player here.
    With MuHelper integration Webzen made good support for players, that dont have much time. For example Iam extrafull time worker. ~12h avg in Job. I need to lose less time on game. But i want to keep play it. Its plus.
    Last edited by Vjacheslav; 22-07-20, 03:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Codekill
    replied
    Check out our GamingBoards.net MuOnline Discord server at https://discord.gg/rPZtsBD to share your thoughts on today's MuOnline.

Leave a comment:

• Codekill
    replied
    Still lots of great information here. Bump!

Leave a comment:

• Codekill
    replied
    I still believe MuOnline could be in much better shape if WebZen would simply listen to their community.

Leave a comment:

• Codekill
    replied
    Let's hear your thoughts on the feedback provided within this thread and feel free to share your own thoughts as well.

Leave a comment:

• Codekill
    replied
    Will WebZen ever take MuOnline seriously, or give it to a company who will? We can only hope.

Leave a comment:

• Codekill
    replied
    Still looking for more feedback!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X