Why MuOnline cannot succeed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vacalaa View Post

Error 10005 - Game hack (1013) detected.

Apparently it might be an issue with my anti-virus although I've never had any issues with other games except MU. Seems to be a known issue which has not been fixed.

I've tried temporarily disabling it but that doesn't work. I'm considering uninstalling it to try and play again (but that's not ideal and may not even work).

What server do you play on? Since I want to find new people to play online with.
    I play in the Midgard realm, If you get back on feel free to add me. IGN in Signature. I have a feeling you could figure it out, there's a conflict of some sort happening, definitely try uninstalling and re-installing the game client. But be sure to check your firewalls and anti-virus settings as well. Also keep your video card, Direct X, and plugins up to date and allowed through security measures.
    Gaming Forum @ www.GamingBoards.net
    Gaming Discord @ https://discord.gg/rPZtsBD
    JOIN US!

Comment

Why did this thread stop? The game got better?

I would not be surprised if Webzen hand-picked people that complain too much and ban/block their accounts claiming that the reason was hacking or something and if you ask for "more" information? "Sorry for the inconvenience, we can't give any other information." Imagine someone that plays this game for more than a decade. Getting banned/blocked for no reason is pretty much like saying: "You wasted more than 10 years of your life on this game for nothing, you wasted thousands of dollars on this game for nothing, now you lost everything and you can't have any of it back."

Now you can't just ask for the past MU, you should just be happy and nostalgic about the past and desire a better future for this game.

What pisses me off is that no one from Webzen team will talk to us directly here. This is one hell of a thread and we don't see official Webzen's team members answering us.

I played WoW and Diablo for so many years. Go take a look on Blizzard forums, you will always see someone from their team participating in a serious threads like this one.

Blizzard probably has made more money than Webzen and oh look, no "WoW Shop" in WoW where you can spend some thousands of dollars to get ultra-powerful items or ultra-fast experience. Blizzard literally doesn't need to make a pay-to-win game to earn more money than Webzen. Sure WoW has a montly fee, but its like $15. What do you spend to have full xp for one month here in MU? Way more than that. WAY more than that. Compare that to WoW. You pay $15 and get full access to everything and there is no item to increase your XP or item packages with full opt items in any kind of Blizzard's store. I compare MU to WoW because I think Webzen can learn a lot from Blizzard to improve its products.

If the game takes so much freaking time to reward the player that its company itself creates a BOT (Mu Helper) to let people with busy lives get these rewards, then why don't you just make the game more rewarding? Remove MU Helper and increase rewards on the game so that when I log in the game I can be rewarded for being in front of my computer ACTUALLY PLAYING the game.

Sometimes I feel like I'm playing with robots :/ because I don't see human activity, that is very rare. What do you log in mu for? Negotiation of items? Repot? Events? Back in the days, not many people knew about the unnoficial bots, and even those had to be online sometimes because the bot wasn't 24/7 afk'able like Mu Helper. MMORPG's are supposed to be a virtual social environment with lots of fun to be achieved together with friends AND make friends. I made so many friends 8 years ago in this game, its way harder to make one now, because the interaction between players is almost null. Honestly I only play this game because of some friends I have that also play this game and we chat about it, because its fun deciding things about the game together. Discussing strategies for builds, events, etc... If I didn't had friends whom play MU, I would definitely play WoW or some easier game like Diablo, where the time I put in the game is always rewarded with items, etc.

Comment

Why did this thread stop? The game got better?

I would not be surprised if Webzen hand-picked people that complain too much and ban/block their accounts claiming that the reason was hacking or something and if you ask for "more" information? "Sorry for the inconvenience, we can't give any other information." Imagine someone that plays this game for more than a decade. Getting banned/blocked for no reason is pretty much like saying: "You wasted more than 10 years of your life on this game for nothing, you wasted thousands of dollars on this game for nothing, now you lost everything and you can't have any of it back."

Now you can't just ask for the past MU, you should just be happy and nostalgic about the past and desire a better future for this game.

What pisses me off is that no one from Webzen team will talk to us directly here. This is one hell of a thread and we don't see official Webzen's team members answering us.

I played WoW and Diablo for so many years. Go take a look on Blizzard forums, you will always see someone from their team participating in a serious threads like this one.

Blizzard probably has made more money than Webzen and oh look, no "WoW Shop" in WoW where you can spend some thousands of dollars to get ultra-powerful items or ultra-fast experience. Blizzard literally doesn't need to make a pay-to-win game to earn more money than Webzen. Sure WoW has a montly fee, but its like $15. What do you spend to have full xp for one month here in MU? Way more than that. WAY more than that. Compare that to WoW. You pay $15 and get full access to everything and there is no item to increase your XP or item packages with full opt items in any kind of Blizzard's store. I compare MU to WoW because I think Webzen can learn a lot from Blizzard to improve its products.

If the game takes so much freaking time to reward the player that its company itself creates a BOT (Mu Helper) to let people with busy lives get these rewards, then why don't you just make the game more rewarding? Remove MU Helper and increase rewards on the game so that when I log in the game I can be rewarded for being in front of my computer ACTUALLY PLAYING the game.

Sometimes I feel like I'm playing with robots :/ because I don't see human activity, that is very rare. What do you log in mu for? Negotiation of items? Repot? Events? Back in the days, not many people knew about the unnoficial bots, and even those had to be online sometimes because the bot wasn't 24/7 afk'able like Mu Helper. MMORPG's are supposed to be a virtual social environment with lots of fun to be achieved together with friends AND make friends. I made so many friends 8 years ago in this game, its way harder to make one now, because the interaction between players is almost null. Honestly I only play this game because of some friends I have that also play this game and we chat about it, because its fun deciding things about the game together. Discussing strategies for builds, events, etc... If I didn't had friends whom play MU, I would definitely play WoW or some easier game like Diablo, where the time I put in the game is always rewarded with items, etc.

Comment

dear Codekill in Korea and many countrys in the east the Big Man concept Rules so if a rich koreaen wanna play he would for sure complain if he could not outsmart the working class with his money this you cant chance it is in their culture + gamble about almost everything,, that why so much fail here,, then they can sell it ,he he

Comment

I agree with You in parts. About the realm merge, that is impossible, not because the game can not hold it, but because that is no map space for every single one in the game and if it is already impossible some times to find a free spot imagine with all players in just one realm? One other thing is that MuHelper does not need a change, that feature helps a lot of people that have just a few hours per day/week/month to play. About deleting all duped jewels: are you insane? If webzen f*cked up deleting the duped ertels, imagine trying to delete all jewels ( almost all account have at least one duped jewel, even itens duped ). But what definitively needs a change are all the bugs and poor management made by the developers. What I think that is a must right now is a complete change in the development team and especially the GM team. About the xshop: almost every single online game has something like it; but in GMO case that online shop is completelly retarded. They must let all xshop itens to be sold in-game, that way people that does not want to use real money will be able to buy those itens ( it even solves the issue with the retarded exp boost that only who waste tons of money in MU can enjoy) . And webzen should stop selling max itens in xshop ( this I agree is retarded ), it kills the idea of using the goblim machine ( wich also needs a change because it is almost impossible to make max itens in it ) . I hope someone shares the same idea as I do.

Comment

• 1ThorGMValhalla
              1ThorGMValhalla commented
              Editing a comment
              they could keep all the server and it was just one realm then , only problem would be same name creation , wich could be solved by a tag that showed the original realm they was born in

this game is already dead, they dont care

all they have to do is keep selling boosts at high price and ppl ll keep buying

why change?

Comment

Originally posted by Codekill View Post

Thanks I agree with you as well, but I miss the old days when I could run map to map looking for ACTIVE and very social partys because everyone was ONLINE behind the computer screen while playing, EARNING their jewels and EARNING their levels. Now it's like a damn graveyard!
              The good old days people were using Bots and Hacks in game to afk when the others couldn't .
              That would be a draw back. I know a lot of the older players that left the game because Mu has gone from bad to worst.
              The biggest Mob in game now is Sylvester and now drop nothing (3 sockets items plus luck if your lucky but mostly 2 socket or 1 ).
              Used to be the only place to get tetra spheres, but now you can get them for 10 bless since they drop Kanturu ruin. You rarely get a good pentagram drop. So why bother leveling and paying for seals to go kill Ice queens. drop better stuff than Sylvester or Medussa.(she drops zens and 2or 3 jewels, used to drop stacks and ancients)
              With this for sure anyone who would see this would think that the game is totally messed up and not worth paying or even playing.

The game back then was fun and you were aiming to go kill Kundun the biggest mob of the game and needed a party to kill him. So leveling made sense and you had a target to try to get rich by getting good drops. Now its all crap. I stopped buying seals and hp to kill Sylvester since they changed to season 10-3. Logged off two characters completely, will not bring them back until they change the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post
                something that I think could make the difference, and something that would greatly reduce problems related to the performance of the game, is the total eliminacón of multiaccounting (1 account = 1 pc) using some refined method to identify each user (even if this, use proxy, ip change or some trap). I am convinced that transparency in the players recover, and also, the game would be more equitable, and players would have more respect from them as they would turn to need each other.
                Unfortunately, since the players are accustomed to the easy life that proposes this method of play, especially those who depend on it to keep their business and control the game (both in game and real life with real money), also webzen need this method to keep making more money from the same players
                You make 1 PC 1 account like they used to and you will see all servers empty, most people have so many accounts that you would kill the game.
                There are so many games out there and MU would have to get their act together and fix this mess.

Comment

Guys/Gals, this thread has been created a long time ago and is still just as relevant today. I've paid WebZen for multiple services on my MuOnline account, yet they do nothing to assure I can actually play. I'm still receiving a ridiculous error that they're completely ignoring and failing to acknowledge.

Thread explaining the error: http://forum.webzen.com/forum/en/mu-...th-mu-launcher
                  JOIN US!

Comment

This thread is still just as relevant today.
                    JOIN US!

Comment

Bump - This post still requires attention.
                      JOIN US!

Comment

Bump - this thread could still use more user-input which we could only hope will someday be considered by WebZen's very neglectful customer service and relations team.
                        JOIN US!

Comment

Bump! -- If you'd like to meet other MuOnline players check out the Discord in my signature below.
                          JOIN US!

Comment

Bump!
                            JOIN US!

Comment

Originally posted by Alphadame View Post

Company grows with time as it makes profit. It grows both in quality and also in amount of the profit earned. When you have high profit, you need to invest, you need to upgrade the systems that got you this far. Do you see that in MU? They are making good money especially since the Dubai residents started to get a lot more active. So why can't simple bugs be fixed? Don't you have enough profit to employ a capable programming team and an english speaking support? I mean recruting VL's to do your job for free (free seals are not payment, they are bribes for junkies) but still they can't fix anything because they are just forum accounts without any authority except for redirecting and deleting posts? I see that some VL's are trying to help, but cannot pass the Webzen brick-wall.

GM Jhon bought a Ferrari back in 2011, but the game has the same crap service as it always had.
                              That Ferrari costed cca. 500k $ and it was payed by players.
                              This is why I quit playing about a year ago even though I still love the game. If they don't improve and invest they can count me out, and I think I'm not the only player who feels this way. Webzen should learn from companies like Wargaming.net who got a lot more of my money that could have gone to Webzen if they only tried. No improvements no return.

Comment

Working...
                              X