No announcement yet.

Why MuOnline cannot succeed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Codekill i'm open for any change that will bring MU back to life. But ask yourself this.... If there was no MU helper, no seals and other purchasable stuff and you just started the game. How long do you think you would play? I mean to reach 770 on free server with no seals it's psyhopatic. Also why use multiclient if you don't have MU helper? Can you play 4 chars at the time? How would that look like? Alt-tabbing after every dead monster? For 12 hours a day? But yes, I agree that current situation is really bad and something needs to be done and soon. It almost looks like they are f**king up the game on purpose. Otherwise, how can you do EVERYTHING WRONG?
    .|.|.|.|.|.

Comment

man, the multi-accounts reason is only because theres totally 0 ppl for any party, because every1 are afk and 90% Dead game, actually i make another acc to play with only because thers no any ppl to play with me in any party or other player co-operation gameplay -THIS GAME IS DEAD, i wont make second acc while i can find and seen much ppl in this game and can get easier and funnier exp in any good party, but in this GRAVEYARD DEAD MU-OFFLINE I CANT

btw: seems ur must be new " casual " mu player heh, if u cant understand...

Comment

Originally posted by Codekill View Post
        There is something I've wanted to say about why I think Mu cannot ever be taken seriously.

To start:

1.) Realms:

You have 4 different Realms for a community base small enough to fit into one, let alone 4. All you're doing is causing people with 3 old crap computers in the closet to make duplicate accounts for each realm, meaning; no unique playerbase, just accounts. You MUST allow us to transfer characters to other realms at the VERY least!

2.) The "MuHelper" ....

*Sigh* Where do I start. The MuHelper doesn't help. It plays the damn game for you. How can you expect anyone who takes gaming seriously to play a game where any John can just hop on an Windows 98 fire up Mu and run the game with the bot until it blows up, throw in a few $ for perks and BOOM, you have a level 700 and NO idea what you're doing. You can't honestly expect this game to go anywhere while the MuHelper is still implemented , it's a lazy way of fighting bots. Go talk with Jagex, they can tell you all about the struggle to succeed through botters, and maybe a few hints on how to actual maintain your game. You're basically giving everyone a tool to cheat, what's next, a bot that produces maxed items? Oh yea, we already have that. It's the Mu Store.

3.) Mu Store

I understand budget and the fact that you're a business that needs to make money to succeed WebZen, but WOW! Do you really have to basically offer virtually ANYTHING for cash? How can this game have any novelty items if John and Sam can just open their wallets and have enough jewels for it in no time? You're thinking SHORT-TERM here! If you actually put some effort into this game rather than selling your souls for cash, in the long-term it could make you rich. Just ask Andrew Gower.

*I understand you need to make money, but when you think about it, with all the perks from in-store and P2P, training in F2P is virtually useless. I could understand maybe a 20-30% exp boost MAX. But like 300-400% or whatever the max is now, that's INSANE! The comparison from training without any perks from the store and with is on completely different scales, you make it pointless to ever think about training unless you purchase some perks, why would you train for a week for something someone can get in 2 hours spending some money in the MuStore. You guys are too money hungry and not thinking logically about the future of your game.

4.) Advertising/Marketing

MuOnline is a dead game, we all know that. But it has tremendous potential if you'd just open your eyes and put in a little effort! Advertise the game, look into graphical updates and new maps. Stop taking shortcuts, this game is legendary but currently a steaming pile of **** because of many obvious reasons. You have to SPEND a little money, to MAKE a lot of money.

5.) EXP events / Perks

You think to save the game you should make it into a private server. Well guess what, there is a reason most private servers didn't last what so ever and couldn't hardly hold a community for the most part, is because it was a temporary environment , level fast, get the best items fast, then get over the game FAST. I actually enjoyed back in Wigle when I had to battle my way through the maps, it was exciting unlocking new skills and spells. It took alot of work to reach even level 100. Now it's done within hours, it's pathetic. You can't enjoy a game you speed up to fast no one is able to enjoy it as it goes by. Levels mean nothing compared to when I started, we actually respected high levels for the efforts they've put into MuOnline. We announced level 400 a on the main page it was that rare. Now what's left to respect or value in a level progressed by the MU helper while you actively played a better game? Or an item you paid a few bucks on chaos cards for, there is no value or novelty in that, you're dulling down your own game!

6.) BUGS and server stability

MuOnline has been the most unstable and buggy game I've ever experienced. Small things like spelling mistakes and over lapping menus, horribly annoying chat filters that don't allow for proper English grammar like the use of " ' ". I mean come-on! Do you even play your own games? That's such an unprofessional and sloppy way of running a gaming business.
        Well, glad to get that all off my chest. Hope some of you reading can relate and express your reasons in this thread. I would love to see Mu in the right hands again, and we all voted for WebZen back while K2 was around, now I'm not to sure.

7.) Combat triangle

I'm going to keep this one short and sweet, the combat triangle in Mu is completely off. Level 200's buffed can destroy a level 400+, and from class to class there is hardly any equality among characters. It's sloppy and needs to be revised badly.

*** FROM MU REBIRTH - I THOUGHT THIS WAS RELEVANT ***

YOU NOOOOOOOOOOB THIS TOPIC SUCKS

1.2 servers will be ok yes .
        2.mu helper is a goddes and we worked very hard to get it (in old forums) ppl were downliading viruses . mu helper saved many pepole.
        3.xshop is pro and intresting i just miss the xmaster scrolls package
        4. i agree

*i belive they know all we know and above

mu is pro and webzen run it well AND MOST IMMPORTANT economic wise . they dont introduce game breaking items that ur old gear go be crap over night like other games do this is the secret of mu everything hard to get , but when u get it, it remain its value forever .

only the new pk system is crippled

AND THEY NEED ADD LITTLE MORE DROP RATE IN lA CLEON

AND GAME IS PERFECT
        club800 www.club800.net

Comment

Mu is pro NOW ?, man, this game is a greaveyard 90% auto-playing deat shit now, the one reason while we have to spend time in Mu right now, is only repot mana or gonna market for any new items, and then back to afk again for the rest 90% of time " playing " solo with our another accounts in a FAKE PARTY, Lol...

the shop, the wcoins, the totally legall easy mu-helper makes this game to look like a big grveyard, theres 0 ppl in real game, thers no one in towns (instead of afkers) no one plays in spots (90% of players = mu helper afk 24\7) no one on events like CC\DS\BC, so this game is totally dead already compared to the days 3-4 years ago and the real old days 2003-2007 heh

how MU can be pro, while every1 noob can spend moneys and grow up in just 1 week up to 400lvl HOW PRO THEN (old days 250lvl = lots of month REALL playing) ?,so are u kidding me ?, mu now is a totall bullshit, i really cant understand how ppl can spend the real cash for this pseudo " Mu " right now, its horrible for me, and the one reason why me (old player) and some others players play this, is the nostalgia time's and our mmo from the childhood times...

Comment

• Dance0rDie
            Dance0rDie commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen" XD, bro.

all this years i saw endless ppl cry and b1tchin

cry is free

look at the bright sides

MOST IMMPORTANT economic wise . they make pro updates over years without introduce game breaking items that ur old gear go be crap over night like other games do this is the secret of mu everything hard to get , but when u get it, it remain its value forever .

if u want to be pro play ur own game bro dont mind what other ppl do or get

make ur own adventure

get strong mu have tons of secrets to you to unlock

u forgat to enjoy the game
          club800 www.club800.net

Comment

Agree with you on everything except the helper. I think MU helper and searchable Stores, Guilds and Parties are the only good things they did in all those years. People are not active not because of MU helper. I mean MU helper doesn't forbid them to be active. On the contrary - they can talk more easily while exping etc. People were using bots from the start, but it was difficult and illegal. The problem is game itself. People don't want to be active - and it's probably because they are tired of this game really - for all the reasons you mentioned above..

Comment

A lot of people spend their money in this game because it allows you to reach your goal without interfering with your job/school/college/life unless you want to.

Comment

It surprise me, how none of webzen staff comment something here or any other similar threads.. They are trying to introduce new GM's but they fail each time and those new gms just dissapear

Comment

Seriously.... would you work for Webzen? If they treat customers like crap, imagine how they treat their own employees.
                  .|.|.|.|.|.

Comment

• Zeetrexx
                    Zeetrexx commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Their employees are laughing all the way to the bank my friend. Wouldn't you love to be paid to scratch your balls all day?

• Alphadame
                    Alphadame commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, I wouldn't. I get payed to do my work which I do well and I get payed well also. But I wouldn't get payed anymore if I didn't do my job well, so in order to receive future salaries, I always do my job good and don't scratch my .... well .... not balls

• Dance0rDie
                    Dance0rDie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    More likely the ovaries...

something that I think could make the difference, and something that would greatly reduce problems related to the performance of the game, is the total eliminacón of multiaccounting (1 account = 1 pc) using some refined method to identify each user (even if this, use proxy, ip change or some trap). I am convinced that transparency in the players recover, and also, the game would be more equitable, and players would have more respect from them as they would turn to need each other.
                  Unfortunately, since the players are accustomed to the easy life that proposes this method of play, especially those who depend on it to keep their business and control the game (both in game and real life with real money), also webzen need this method to keep making more money from the same players

Comment

Good feedback so far.

~bump~
                    Gaming Forum @ www.GamingBoards.net
                    Gaming Discord @ https://discord.gg/rPZtsBD
                    JOIN US!

Comment

Originally posted by LastWish View Post
                      all this years i saw endless ppl cry and b1tchin

cry is free

look at the bright sides

MOST IMMPORTANT economic wise . they make pro updates over years without introduce game breaking items that ur old gear go be crap over night like other games do this is the secret of mu everything hard to get , but when u get it, it remain its value forever .

if u want to be pro play ur own game bro dont mind what other ppl do or get

make ur own adventure

get strong mu have tons of secrets to you to unlock

u forgat to enjoy the game
                      ---

I love how your comment defines "lack of argument or coherency" perfectly. Nice copy pasta BTW, because trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is NOT the definition of insanity, amaright?

How about actually thinking before writing?

"make ur own adventure"

Difficult to roleplay with such boring NPC and tons of things that remind you this is a game.

"if u want to be pro play ur own game bro dont mind what other ppl do or get"

Yeah, play the game to get stronger because.......ehm......why do you want to get strong again? To START having fun because the things you do before lvl 400 is boring? What kind of irrational cultist-like logic is that? Being alured by the vague promise of things getting better in the future is hardly the definition of a healthy mind.

You can make all the excuses you want about "No one has time to play the game so they lvl up with Mu Helper" but if there is no gold at the end of that rainbow then what is the point of doing all this in the first place again?
                      http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AndThenWhat
                      http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...PyrrhicVictory

There is no game or fun, only the Skinner Box effects on all players.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWtvrPTbQ_c

"get strong mu have tons of secrets to you to unlock"
                      You mean unlocking more bugs and glitches to make the game interesting? because there is nothing else to discover. beyond what the game interface is actually saying, and what items do actually what since the game doesn't tell us (Crystal Sword having % to do Ice for example). The game doesn't even reward you for following or listening to the Lore or history of Mu, where doing so in other games would let you find out secrets that ACTUALLY give you an advantage over other players who dont know or care.

"MOST IMMPORTANT economic wise . they make pro updates over years without introduce game breaking items that ur old gear go be crap over night like other games do this is the secret of mu everything hard to get , but when u get it, it remain its value forever ."

I will leave this here:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O8J2locx5o

Updates that dont make your old gear obsolete? HELLO! WHAT ABOUT THE OLD ELEMENTAL SYSTEM?
                      http://forum.webzen.com/forum/en/mu-...f-the-old-days

Have you forgetten how Pentagrams made JOH options useless too?

When you get your stuff its value remains forever? Are you even thinking the words you are saying? There is no value on an item that will lose its price as soon Webzen sells the same item with FULL OPTIONS. Options that, i remind you, you cannot obtain yourself on the game proper because its only limited to a few ones, and therefore you cannot ever enjoy the catharsis of finding this ultra rare FULL OPT item yourself by hunting it or even crafting it yourself. You will always get at best a 3rd Wing+15+16+L+1ExcOpt, but you can bet your ass Webzen is going to release one that has ALL the options that you cannot get naturally. Your efforts for playing the game properly is.....less than stellar, and for that people dont even play anymore. If some of the Wcoins items or ingredients to make an existing item have even more options to reach FULL OPT status (get X Chaos Machine ingredients in a long chain, to add Exc option to 3rd Wing or whatever) were to drop in the game via a long quest or hard event then people would at least have an incentive to hunt those items personally.

Do you have an actual argument or you are just pure Engrish incarnate?

Comment

• LastWish
                        LastWish commented
                        Editing a comment
                        gtfo u negative creep ^^

• OD10Oblivion
                        OD10Oblivion commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You may notice you STILL cannot form an argument, let alone write properly.

BTW, for someone who uninstalled the game and doesn't want to play anymore you sure keep coming back for more. Lack the free will to leave behind your addiction?

LO PEOR ES QUE ESTO NO LO LEE NADIE, QUIZAS ALGUNO DE ESOS QUE LLAMAN VL, QUE NO SON MAS QUE JUGADORES TARIFADOS PARA DECIR "TODO ESTA BIEN" HAHAHAHA, POR CIERTO ALGUNA DE LAS GM SABE SIQUIERA LOGUEARSE EN EL JUEGO?

Comment

• ElDio2
                        ElDio2 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You mean not logging at all from the website?

Well, this failure of event of "0 wCoin atack" olny proves they can't

Comment

As usual, always the same...
                        In Game: M1r0 - Guild Hellheim.

Having a good time since always.

Comment

Working...
                        X