Failed receiving list info #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed receiving list info #2

When i open the launcher it says "Failed recriving list information #2 and the client also displays "navigation to the webpage was cancelled". Can anyone help? Thanks.

I am pretty sure that is some error of connection to the server and update server. You have played the game before successfully on the same pc? This is a new issue that just randomly occurred for you?

Official [Global MU Online] fan site and game guide:

Comment

• Yobz
      Yobz commented
      Editing a comment
      the first time i downloaded the game i had thesame problem. i have screenshots of the downloader and client. could it be an error while downloading? when i was downloading the game i didnt finish downloading in one go and i paused it several times. i also noticed that my mu folder does not have the Gameguard folder, only Data and Temp but when i looked at my friend's folder he has the gameguard folder. did you restrict philippines from accessing the game cause im from there. thank you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nGV...ew?usp=sharing
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/10M2...ew?usp=sharing

Check this file to make sure it is as displayed below: "X:\Program Files (x86)\Webzen\Mu\config.ini"

It should be as follows:

Code:
    [LOGIN]
    Version=1.08.22
    Version=ion=1.08.22
    [Option]
    FTP_URL=202.14.103.223
    FTP_PORT=22
    If it is now, replace the file with the above posted code.
    See if that works for you.

Perhaps you were playing private servers, which can override and corrupt official client files.

Comment

• (VM)izakit
      (VM)izakit commented
      Editing a comment
      You can also try to clear temporary files and cookies

• Yobz
      Yobz commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok. I do play an mu private server. My friends as well but they didnt encounter any problem. Thanks.

I checked config and in the version was 1.08.10 instead of what u said.
      Last edited by Yobz; 23-06-19, 01:40 AM.

Yobz great, I hope the issue is resolved then!

Comment

• Yobz
      Yobz commented
      Editing a comment
      and yet another problem arises.
      Edit 1: i cannot edit the config. when i save it it says access denied.
      Edit 2: oh wait, gameguard is updating.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wj8...ew?usp=sharing
      Last edited by Yobz; 23-06-19, 02:22 AM.

• Yobz
      Yobz commented
      Editing a comment
      hi again. i have another problem. the game loads just fine, i was able to create a char but when i choose the char to load i get disconnected.

Edit: i tried to login once and after choosing the character i get dc and a popup says gamehack 1005. I didnt do any hacks but i have an MU private server that i play. Please help me. Thanks.
      Last edited by Yobz; 23-06-19, 04:48 AM.

Yobz The hack warning message can appear for a lot of reasons.
    1. Your antivirus can trigger it. Try to disable or white-list the entire /MU/ folder.
    2. Some 3rd-party programs can trigger it, such as anything that is going to inject itself into the game. For example, some program that will track the game FPS and display FPS somehow of the client.
    3. Private server may have corrupted other files or placed invalid files in the /MU/ folder.

Try:
    1. Deactivate / close your antivirus /white-list the /MU/ folder
    2. Close as many 3rd-party programs that you possibly can. (Like, AMD Gaming Evolved)
    3. Try to delete /GameGuard/ folder. It should auto download itself again when you launch game.
    4. Delete the entire /MU/ folder and all of its contents. Then, reinstall. This would make sure that the files were not changed in any way (corrupt).
    5. Do not launch the private server during or between any of these attempts to fix the issue, because it could be that the private server you are playing is actually using or changing files in the /MU/ folder.

Comment

problem solved! config.ini was causing the gamehack error. reverted the settings to 1.08.10 and updated the client BOOM SOLVED!! thanks for the help.

Edit: oh wait its not. gamehack error is still there when i opened netlimiter. ill try to close it the relog.
    Edit 2: apparently netlimiter is the one causing the gamehack eror. no gamehack error so far after closing it.
    Last edited by Yobz; 23-06-19, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• (VM)izakit
      (VM)izakit commented
      Editing a comment
      I am glad to hear its resolved! I will keep this topic open in case you have any more issue about it soon.

Hi, i can't seem to access the ingame shop. whenever i press X it freezes abit then it says "MU item shop information download failed."

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fz...j3GQIZv_xu6U8k

Comment

Yobz

Link: http://muonlinefanz.com/files/InGame...2.2018.279.zip

1. Download, and unzip the file via the link.

2. Open folder: \Program Files (x86)\Webzen\Mu\Data\InGameShopScript\

3. Copy and paste just the folder "512.2019.###" with files directly in it to that location.

*(make sure you move the folder with files. When you unzip it, it may make a folder inside another folder.)

-- and just for your info, this kind of thing happens from connection error when the game attempted to download the latest xshop scripts from the internet. So, usually some kind of program interfering or you just have a bad connection.

Comment

• Yobz
        Yobz commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah, my internet is kinda slow. tried it but still error. is it possible to buy game shop items from the website? if its possible then ill just do that instead of in the game.

• (VM)izakit
        (VM)izakit commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it is located here: http://itemshop.muonline.webzen.com/...hopMainFrm.asp

Or, from [Main Site] -> [Shop]
    Working...
    X