Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MuOnline Error 2018 - Weird Error with Mu Launcher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MuOnline Error 2018 - Weird Error with Mu Launcher

    I'm having trouble running the MuOnline client, once I run the Mu.exe or Main.exe files, I'm prompted with this error: https://i.imgur.com/s5PpRW7.png. I have heard that it's a problem with NVIDIA G-Sync, resolution, or refresh rate, however, I have run Mu perfectly fine on this same laptop in the past. This error seems to be related to Intel powered machines.

    Error Below

    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Notes:

    I have played MuOnline on this laptop in the past, it's an Asus ROG 752VL laptop running Windows 10, 1920x1080 res(native) with 75Hz refresh rate.

    I have tried disabling my AV, and Firewall(s).
    My graphics driver is up to date.
    I have run my computer with all other services disabled, still no luck.
    I have uninstalled the game, downloaded a fresh copy, and reinstalled, no luck. (even without AV/protection software)
    I have tried compatibility settings.
    I have tried administrator privileges.
    I have tried disabling G-Sync.
    I have tried lowering my resolution.
    I have tried an external display. (TV)
    I tried using a custom resolution profile (1366x768 and 1280x1024 @ 60Hz refresh), with g-sync disabled.
    I've tried deleting the WebZen registry key and reinstalling.
    I've tried running MuOnline from a Windows 7 Virtual Machine. <=--- ONLY CURRENT WORKAROUND
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

    Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated. It's an absolute shame that WebZen cares so little for its community that they won't even offer decent support or patch the bugs destroying their game.


    WebZen, please sell MuOnline to another company who will take better care of it.


    ---> ***** WORK-AROUND ***** <---

    If you've encountered the above error while loading MuOnline, unfortunately, WebZen has done nothing to fix it. There is only one workaround that I currently know of, and that's using VM workstation @ https://www.vmware.com/ca/products/w...valuation.html with a free virtual machine from https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...dge/tools/vms/

    ** PS: YOU >MUST< ENABLE GRAPHIC(2D/3D) ACCELERATION IN THE VM HOST SETTINGS. **
    ** PSS: YOU MAY NEED TO ADJUST YOUR RAM/VIDEO MEMORY HIGHER IN THE VM HOST OR BRIDGE THE NETWORK CARD **

    GamingBoards.net help thread @ http://gamingboards.net/thread/3749/...load-2019-work

    GamingBoards gaming community is trying to provide support to the MuOnline community on our Forum @ http://gamingboards.net/ and Discord @ https://discord.gg/rPZtsBD
    14
    Have you experienced this problem? (Vote for YES)
    92.86%
    13
    Are you experiencing other problems loading MuOnline? (Vote for YES)
    7.14%
    1
    Last edited by Codekill; 17-06-19, 02:27 PM.
    Gaming Forum @ www.GamingBoards.net
    Gaming Discord @ https://discord.gg/rPZtsBD
    JOIN US!

  • #2
    You have to go 60Hz and max resolution non HD meaning from 1900 lower it to 13xx.

    Simplest way for a lot of people to do this is by using a different monitor/display device that doesn't support any other higher resolution or refresh rate than the one mentioned above.

    If you don't want to use a different monitor/display device, you can just lower your refresh rate and resolution, disable g-sync so it doesn't force your refresh rate to the maximum supported.

    If you can't go lower in the refresh rate, use a custom resolution and refresh rate (http://www.nvidia.com/object/custom_resolutions.html) and make sure you have in the nvidia control panel the Preferred Refresh Rate set to Application controlled if that option is available in your hardware set up.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Defaultname View Post
      You have to go 60Hz and max resolution non HD meaning from 1900 lower it to 13xx.

      Simplest way for a lot of people to do this is by using a different monitor/display device that doesn't support any other higher resolution or refresh rate than the one mentioned above.

      If you don't want to use a different monitor/display device, you can just lower your refresh rate and resolution, disable g-sync so it doesn't force your refresh rate to the maximum supported.

      If you can't go lower in the refresh rate, use a custom resolution and refresh rate (http://www.nvidia.com/object/custom_resolutions.html) and make sure you have in the nvidia control panel the Preferred Refresh Rate set to Application controlled if that option is available in your hardware set up.
      Thanks for the advice, I tried using a custom resolution profile (1366x768 @ 60Hz refresh) with g-sync disabled, and I'm still having the same problem.
      Gaming Forum @ www.GamingBoards.net
      Gaming Discord @ https://discord.gg/rPZtsBD
      JOIN US!

      Comment


      • Defaultname
        Defaultname commented
        Editing a comment
        Np, sorry it didn't help. I had the same problem in the past with a different game and this fixed it for me.
        If you are certain it didn't actually lower your refresh rate this way you could try the nvidia forums for more suggestions. But, if you say you played the game in the past on the same laptop maybe it's just a different problem now, before you go looking for answers on nvidia's forums maybe check directx, visual c++ and .net framework just to make sure they are up to date and no missing stuff for directx
        Or try some text convertors for that error it's just a different encoding might be jibberish might be some actual error, definitely not korean text.

    • #4
      I see your computer only have a display port (thunderbolt port) so connecting a monitor doesn't really help your case.

      Like I said g-sync cannot be disabled on the hardware level, it is also a communication standard. The display port always communicate to the monitor using a standard MU doesn't recognize, even if you disable it in software.
      As you don't have native D-Sub, DVI or HDMI port to connect external monitor you may be out of luck. A converter probably will not work as the output is still native display port.

      Comment


      • #5
        Was getting the same error months ago, i stopped playing for sometime and actually a few days later it was working normally, never happened once again but i don't really know how you'd fix

        Comment


        • #6
          Originally posted by BBRG View Post
          I see your computer only have a display port (thunderbolt port) so connecting a monitor doesn't really help your case.

          Like I said g-sync cannot be disabled on the hardware level, it is also a communication standard. The display port always communicate to the monitor using a standard MU doesn't recognize, even if you disable it in software.
          As you don't have native D-Sub, DVI or HDMI port to connect external monitor you may be out of luck. A converter probably will not work as the output is still native display port.
          I have a HDMI port, however I have played GMO on this laptop just last year and everything worked perfectly fine. My next attempt will be to run the program in a VM environment. I've literally tried everything, and WebZen's lack of effort to help any of their customers is just sad and poor business practice. It's quite frustrating.
          Gaming Forum @ www.GamingBoards.net
          Gaming Discord @ https://discord.gg/rPZtsBD
          JOIN US!

          Comment


          • #7
            Did you have english language at launcher ? Try installing OLDEST one drivers from Intel Graph Card.

            I had same error and it was helped.
            Originally posted by WigleGamer
            The hacker character: Yamakuzo from guild ddteam in helheim





            Originally posted by PhodeCRE



            u are a fvk*** abuser
            get out from here


            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by Yamakuzo View Post
              Did you have english language at launcher ? Try installing OLDEST one drivers from Intel Graph Card.

              I had same error and it was helped.
              The error I posted above is the only error I'm prompted with while trying to launch Mu.exe or Main.exe , I'm using an NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 965M graphics card.

              Again, as stated in my OP - I have ran MuOnline on this laptop in the past, many times.

              Any chance a GM can shine a little light as to why many of their only remaining customers can't play?
              Gaming Forum @ www.GamingBoards.net
              Gaming Discord @ https://discord.gg/rPZtsBD
              JOIN US!

              Comment


              • #9
                Try deleting the mu config in the registry.
                It’s located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Webzen\
                If the launcher opens, go into settings and change everything to something random, just change it so it resets. Resolution, audio, language. Then launch the client.

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Throwawayaccount139 View Post
                  Try deleting the mu config in the registry.
                  It’s located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Webzen\
                  If the launcher opens, go into settings and change everything to something random, just change it so it resets. Resolution, audio, language. Then launch the client.
                  I've deleted the key and tried running the launcher with no success, I'm reinstalling the game now to see if it'll create a new key that may work, who knows? Thanks for the advice, I'm willing to give anything a shot to try and finally solve this problem for everyone, once and for all.


                  EDIT: No luck.
                  Last edited by Codekill; 07-08-18, 05:39 PM.
                  Gaming Forum @ www.GamingBoards.net
                  Gaming Discord @ https://discord.gg/rPZtsBD
                  JOIN US!

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    bump
                    Gaming Forum @ www.GamingBoards.net
                    Gaming Discord @ https://discord.gg/rPZtsBD
                    JOIN US!

                    Comment


                    • 1Musashi
                      1Musashi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      i think you have tryde the most but can i ask have your tryde format the pc/laptop you use and begun all over
                      a few times in my many years i had too do this Mu is a ODD game for sure

                  • #12
                    Have you tried:
                    Install DirectX9 full
                    Directx10
                    .NET framework
                    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable and all possible versions.
                    Clean your computer with CCleaner,
                    Delete internet temporary files on Control Panel > Internet Options > Browsing History > Delete > Check "Internet temporary files" and delete.

                    Do you have your sound card correctly installed?

                    And last thing I think you can try is download Mu on another computer then after it is installed and updated(also gameguard), copy the whole mu folder and paste it on your computer.
                    AE

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      It may very well have to do with your Graphics Hardware, Graphics Driver Software, or Operating System. Basically, it seems as though your machine may not be able to support MU Online.


                      Official [Global MU Online] fan site and game guide:

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        Originally posted by (VM)izakit View Post
                        It may very well have to do with your Graphics Hardware, Graphics Driver Software, or Operating System. Basically, it seems as though your machine may not be able to support MU Online.
                        So, it once could play perfectly fine, and without any hardware or software changes, then boom, it no longer supports the game?
                        Gaming Forum @ www.GamingBoards.net
                        Gaming Discord @ https://discord.gg/rPZtsBD
                        JOIN US!

                        Comment


                        • #15

                          I have exactly the same problem, I create a topic announcing it, Look, I have even tried to reinstall windows, I format my computer, however the error continues. In my case, this error only appeared once, the mu.exe and main.exe open, it even arrives at the screen of choice of game server, but once I choose the server: Helheim - server 7 (for example) and I enter username and password, it never reaches the character selection, it always disconnects me That is the same issue that u have? Im a little frustrated.

                          Link of my topic: http://forum.webzen.com/forum/en/mu-...ection-problem

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X