Need technical assistance...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need technical assistance...

Hi everyone! Some of you may know me, others may not. For those who do not, I'm MoogleBear. I used to post quite a bit of videos on my YouTube channel (ChronoTrader), but had taken a two year break from MU. In the past few months, I have come back to the game and trained up new characters that I'd like to be able to feature on my channel, but I am having a technical issue that I cannot solve which is preventing me from doing so. I'd appreciate any help anybody could give me.

The Issue:
    I am not sure when this started, but I began noticing it when I went to record some videos. Every 90 seconds (yes, it is exactly 90 seconds), the game will encounter a micro-stutter that lasts for ~500ms. During this stutter, FPS drops and key binds are disabled, only in game. This micro-stutter does not effect any window/movement outside of the game. I refuse to post videos with these stutters in them because it would be quite obnoxious to watch as a viewer.

My System:
    CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x @ 3.7ghz, 4.2ghz boost
    GPU: Zotac GTX 1080
    RAM: 32gb Corsair LPX @ 3200mhz
    Drive: WD WDS500G2X0C, 500gb NVMe
    PSU: Corsair SF600 600W, 80+ Gold
    MOBO: ASUS ROG x470-I Gaming

Things I've Tried:
    1) Re-installing MU (includes testing all combinations of settings and resolution types)
    2) Updating BIOS
    3) Updating/Rolling Back Nvidia drivers
    4) Configuring main.exe specific settings via Nvidia Control Panel
    5) Changing power plans to max out GPU/CPU speeds
    6) Editing registry for known issues (EnableDVR, etc.)
    7) Editing registry to solve warnings/issues in Event Viewer (really didn't expect this to help with the game, but I hated seeing them)
    8) Fresh install of Windows 10 (clean wipe)
    9) Re-seating RAM, GPU, Drive & checking all connections

Things to Note:
    1) The issue has nothing to do with thermal throttling. My GPU temperatures during gameplay are 32-35C, CPU is 40-42C
    2) This issue is game specific. I have no issues on other games such as Path of Exile, Diablo 3, Call of Duty, etc. which are much more CPU/Graphics intensive.
    3) This issue is Webzen MU specific. I do not encounter this issue whatsoever in Legend MU (private server).
    4) The interval is exactly 90 seconds, every 90 seconds until the game closes. I have left the game running for 24 hours with MSI Afterburner tracking FPS, and it did not miss a single 90s interval. It does not matter if I am in game, or in the character selection screen, it still occurs.
    5) It's not anti-virus related. This occurs whether I have anti-virus installed or not, have whitelisted Webzen folder, etc.

My Thoughts:
    1) GameGuard - One of the few things that is different between Legend MU's client and WZ. Perhaps GG is sending authentication messages every 90s and that is causing an issue? But, I highly doubt this would only effect me.

I'm training a BK...please don't KS me!

baby if u cant fix it and einstein dead 70-80 years already . only god can help u now
    mu have problem lunching with 144hz pro game card geforce

Comment

I have same issue and it started after last minipatch.

Comment

• MoogleBear
        MoogleBear commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have a similar set up to me? Any components overlap?

• DpsWizard
        DpsWizard commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm on ancient hardware and Win7.

• LadyEsme
        LadyEsme commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Same here. It happens on both laptop and pc. A friend told me it has the same problem.

I suggest you allocate the cores using task manager so that gameguard, MU client and explorer.exe/taskhost and your recording software are using different physical cores (0,1 are on the same core for example).

I guess it is a flaw on the way how ryzen CPU handle multiple tasks but I may be wrong.

Edit: After a quick search I found this, I'm suspecting a windows 10 update caused it and from reading posts, the lag is highly likely caused by disk read/write IO, which suggests a disk controller driver, or windows system telemetry (usage spy) caused the issue.
      https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/he...0-seconds/1254
      Last edited by BBRG; 18-01-20, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBRG View Post
        I suggest you allocate the cores using task manager so that gameguard, MU client and explorer.exe/taskhost and your recording software are using different physical cores (0,1 are on the same core for example).

I guess it is a flaw on the way how ryzen CPU handle multiple tasks but I may be wrong.

Edit: After a quick search I found this, I'm suspecting a windows 10 update caused it and from reading posts, the lag is highly likely caused by disk read/write IO, which suggests a disk controller driver, or windows system telemetry (usage spy) caused the issue.
        https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/he...0-seconds/1254
        Appreciate the ideas. I manually assigned main, gameguard, explorer, MSI, and anything else that monitors network/performance to separate cores, but the issue persists. Unfortunately, the issue that the people were having in the blizzard thread were running Windows 10 through MacOS, which I am not doing.

Also another note. When the stutter occurs, there's no increase in CPU usage or I/O.
        I also wanted to test something in case it had to do with a packet related issue that was being sent/received. This even occurs if I sit at the server select screen, disconnected (even though you are disconnected, gameguard still runs).
        Last edited by MoogleBear; 18-01-20, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I also tested this on my wife's laptop and the issue is identical. FPS drop/micro-stutter every 90 seconds. Her build is completely different than mine...the only thing that would be in common is our internet. She's on WIFI, I'm connected via LAN.

Since I had that thought that it might be internet related. I connected to the game, and then disconnected my LAN. Still FPS drops every 90s.

Also occurred when using GPU or integrated graphics.
          Last edited by MoogleBear; 18-01-20, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Seems like everyone has it...they just don't notice it lol ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kNQLvSn3zM

Minute: 0:07-0:08 (first micro-stutter) with 2:08 on MuHelper
            Minute: 1:03 (MuHelper is now at 3:13 due to a video splice) > so next micro-stutter would occur @
            Minute: 1:28 (MuHelper would be at 3:38, next micro-stutter, exactly 90s after the first)
            Minute: 2:58 (No splices, exactly 90s after the previous micro-stutter)
            Minute: 4:11 (MuHelper is at 6:38, another micro-stutter, exactly 180s after MuHelper being at 3:38)

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNz2HNkYj18

Focus on the bottom right MU (the ASM).

Minute: 3:21
              Minute: 4:51
              Minute: 6:21
              Minute: 7:51
              Minute: 9:21
              Minute: 10:51
              etc., etc., etc.,

Comment

Open the task manager and look at the drive and network usage, one of them should correspond to the micro-stutter and yes most likely it's related to the GG, No idea how to fix it though...

Try the sysinternals process explorer if you really want to get to the bottom of the issue.
                Last edited by Defaultname; 18-01-20, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• MoogleBear
                  MoogleBear commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yeah, that is realistically the only thing that makes sense at this point. I'm curious when GG was updated last, because like I said, I don't exactly know when this issue started since I was training/AFK most of the time.

• Defaultname
                  Defaultname commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Honestly, if you got something interesting to upload, you should. People will watch it for the good content. If you want to chase the problem for curiosity that's up to you but for the videos I don't think most people will mind some small flicker or stutter or whatever you want to call it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW7GPPBxsDQ

Same story with another user ;

Minute: 0:46
                Minute: 2:16
                Minute: 3:46
                etc., etc., etc.

Comment

I'm almost sure that this is an issue only in windows 10. Do you have a windows 7 machine?

Comment

• MoogleBear
                    MoogleBear commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wish I did, but I don't
                    Are you not having this issue?

• LadyEsme
                    LadyEsme commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have windows 7 on both laptop and pc and I have the same problem.

Originally posted by MoogleBear View Post
                  Hi everyone! Some of you may know me, others may not. For those who do not, I'm MoogleBear. I used to post quite a bit of videos on my YouTube channel (ChronoTrader), but had taken ......

Hi, this isue how long time is for you?
                  i recently check my game and... i get it too =S

Now is horrible to see it each 90s

f****ck

Comment

Originally posted by Adhyz View Post

Hi, this isue how long time is for you?
                    i recently check my game and... i get it too =S

Now is horrible to see it each 90s

f****ck
                    To be honest, I don't know when it started. I had been AFK/training for 2-3 months in a row and never looked at the screen long enough to notice the FPS drop until now...

Comment

• DpsWizard
                      DpsWizard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I noticed it after New Year Event maintenance.

Not fixed after maint -_-

Comment

So pretty much everyone I talked to has this same problem. They just thought it was lag on their end, but it's not.

Comment

Working...
                      X