X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Class Guide] All About Grow Lancer

Hello, Mutizens!

I'm creating this topic after the success of the poll where I asked players if they would like to see sticked topics about builds, master skill tree, tips and so on for each class. So, please, make use of it!

Since there might be more than one kind of build for a class, be specific whenever requesting help or posting informations.

To newcomers or players that are learning, avoid asking for help without provide any information. Do your homework, make some tests, gather up some doubts and do the questions related to them. Many players dedicated lot of their time in order to learn something or discover good combinations, so don't expect to receive everything easily and respect if someone refuses to share specific details, after all, things like that is what makes a character stand out in the crowd!

We are here to help each other and, maybe, discover new things, so, please, keep the environment clean and friendly...

Thanks,
    s0ul.

--

EDIT 07/05/2015

Adding some reference links to Grow Lancer informations:

http://muonline.webzen.com/guides/24...rs/grow-lancer
    http://muonline.webzen.com/guides/22...-master-skills

http://guiamuonline.com/personajes/grow-lancer
    http://www.guiamuonline.com/master-s...r-season-x-ep2

--
    If you need to send a ticket to customer support, go HERE, find your issue and click on it. Otherwise, use this ALTERNATIVE WAY.
    Pay attention to FORUM RULES (including MARKET SECTION RULES) and TERMS OF SERVICE before creating a topic or replying to one. Feed constructive discussions!

Well well well... Let me start this then?! Gonna post a newbie info on everyclass guide, just for those who have no idea how to start. Specific builds and tests I'm gonna leave for the pros. I'm not going to tell you how many points you should have here and there, just giving you an idea on how to think when you're planning your build.

As a Grow Lancer, you have first to decide if you're going to be SGL (strenght) or AGL (agility).

If you're going to focus on STR, your main skill is going to be Harsh, as it increases its damage by your points in STR, and also Obsidian (buff) is based on STR.
    SGL has extremely high hits, but lacks a bit of defense. It's a good idea to look for Hirat itens, they drop from kanturu2 for example, take them +x+L and make them +9~+1x.
    Ps: Harsh Strike is going to hit x3 when you level the skill at the Master Skill Tree (instead of x2 when you're normal level) and that's awesome.

If you're going to focus on AGI, your main skill is going to be Magic Pin, but this skill consumes 20AG, so at the early levels you better consider using it with delay on your MuHelper, using together with Spin Step or even Harsh (yes, harsh isn't good for AGL, but is just until you can afford using Magic Pin as your only skill).
    AGL has a really good defense and defense rate, so it's really easy to level even solo at high level places using lowbie gear. You can level past 400 using that set from NPC (The one +3+4+L), but of course, make it AT LEAST +9, using the lance and the lower shield, because it requires less str.

That's all I can say about Grow Lancer, as I'm a returning player and don't know the char very well yet.

Cya.

Comment

• (VL)s0uLLess
      (VL)s0uLLess commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice, two things tho:

1) I guess you meant Hirat for SGL (Sate is for AGL, you can still use it in SGL, but it would become kind of hybrid build)
      2) I see many AGLs using Harsh Strike, there is even a good reason Mazarael pointed out in another topic, so it can be used by AGLs, but it doesnt have its damage based on Rage multiplier

Thanks for your contribution Skaar!

• IZeus
      IZeus commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sorry, I meant Hirat, going to edit it.

Obsidian Skill dmg: STR/20
    Minimum dmg: STR/8 + AGI/10
    Maximum dmg: STR/4 + AGI/6
    Speed: AGI/20
    Rage: AGI/10
    Defense: AGI/7
    PvM Def Rate: AGI/4

STR /4 /8 /20
    AGI /4 /6 /7 /10 /20

Comment

• Dalistro
      Dalistro commented
      Editing a comment
      If people are to lazy to work out their original agi/str ^^ use this formula instead for rage or retaliation.
      Rage: Agi/10 - 3 + 100%
      Retaliation: Str/10 - 3 + 100%

Didn't see this listed on guiamu so thought I would post it here.
      Wrath duration is 15seconds with 1minute cooldown. Can be upgraded to 35seconds duration and 40seconds cooldown.
      Obsidian duration is 2minutes

I have a doubt.
    I'm 431 with aGL. I'm killing in Ubaid rigt now because I kill with 3-4 hits with harsh and I can do Wrath without getting much dmg, have almost 1k def (without Wrath).
    Now, my question is: should I add 10 in defense or 10 in AG recovery? (or next 20 levels add 1:1).
    Because in debenter the only problem is I kill like in 8 hits if I remember correctly... not too fast (because I use harsh).
    So, if I'm planning going Deb, I need those 10 points in AG rec to use Magic Spin, right? (kill faser tiwh MS than HS).
    On the other hand, defense is always useful. Maybe I don't need it right now.

What's your opinion? Thanks.

Comment

• Defaultname
      Defaultname commented
      Editing a comment
      You just need an item with life/8 (pend or lance) if you want to move up to debenter.

As for the AG 3~5 points in rec should be enough for leveling but if you want to hunt you will need it to never run out so you might need 8~10. I added gradually on my agl and tested after each point, ended up with 10 points.

• (VL)s0uLLess
      (VL)s0uLLess commented
      Editing a comment
      Depends on the build tho...

• Barban
      Barban commented
      Editing a comment
      Now with event scrolls I get hit 2 - 5 by debenter without wrath. With wrath they hit me 35 - 50.
      Wondering if moving to Uruk would worth the exp.
      Now I'm with 2 pts in def and 2 pts in ag rec, using magic pin and ag never runs out

So is SGL better or AGL better in PVM? (Both normal and ML levels?)
    I know AGL rocks in killing Nars Boss and Archeon in general

But other map's bosses (Medusa/Selupan/KD7), Is SGL better overall (in terms of dmg+time required to kill )

Also For SGL what could be the best set in PVM Hunts and what party combination to use with her? (since her Obsidian buff works on pt i was thinking ee+smg+rf+sgl+asm?)

Any views on this?

Comment

• Barban
      Barban commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven't use sGL but aGL is pretty awesome in PVM.
      I was in Ubaid at lvl 370 - 400 with Robust npc +11, cloack+9+L+true dmg, ringS+dd
      Now I'm 436 I think in Debenter killing in 3 - hits with just a Loren Shield and pluma lance+13+L

About bosses I can't talk 'cause I haven't kill them yet.
      sGL has obsidian and its damage is insane for what I've seen.
      Hirat ancient for sGL, anas or akhir, something like that.

• Bubu996
      Bubu996 commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a AGL level 666 and medusa with my sm 45% sb we kill medusa in 10 minutes.
      With the high attack rate AGL doesn't miss as much as the SM but the elemental doesn't miss at all.
      For Selupan you need EE, SM, And AGL works fine.
      For Sylvester AGL you need over a lot of HP to survive.
      For Kundun haven't found him yet but I am sure SM + AGL would be able to kill it no problem.
      Good Luck

Need advice on what set to use on grow lancer for pvp and hunting use? and what kind of stats to add?

Base on assumption that i can choose any exec items +15 and 3 opt luck. with a +15 transcandent cape +2 opt and a +9 arca phophesy 4 socket all fitted with rank 2 lvl 7 ertels.

i was thinking of Exe Robust set +15 +dd+dr+hp ( joh 7%dd each ) exe pluma shield +15+dd+dr+hp and joh 7% dd , weapon exe pluma lance +15+exedmg+speed+lvl/20 + bypass joh. is it a good choice and how would the stats looks like to maximise on it? Appreciate any constructive advise.

Comment

• Barban
      Barban commented
      Editing a comment
      wow, your goal is those sets? Damn you're rich....

• AgilityLancer
      AgilityLancer commented
      Editing a comment
      What is Arca Phrophesy? Is it a kind of pentagrama that doesnt drop anymore?

I have a doubt, my aGL is 40 ML, I'm in the left tree with 8 points in Def and 2 points in AG recovery. 1.3k def without Wrath and 1k def with Wrath. Debenter mobs hit me nothing, but with Wrath they hit me like 100 hp (non-elemental damage if I'm not mistaken), weird...
    Anyway, I'm going to reach 10 points in Defense but after that, I don't know what to do... If going to pet durability, or harsh - magic pin mastery, or right tree....
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Because to move to Mt Uruk I would need a better pentagram than loren shield and I can't afford those 2kb/3kb pentagrams.

Comment

Originally posted by Barban View Post
      I have a doubt, my aGL is 40 ML, I'm in the left tree with 8 points in Def and 2 points in AG recovery. 1.3k def without Wrath and 1k def with Wrath. Debenter mobs hit me nothing, but with Wrath they hit me like 100 hp (non-elemental damage if I'm not mistaken), weird...
      Anyway, I'm going to reach 10 points in Defense but after that, I don't know what to do... If going to pet durability, or harsh - magic pin mastery, or right tree....
      Any suggestions?
      Thanks.
      Because to move to Mt Uruk I would need a better pentagram than loren shield and I can't afford those 2kb/3kb pentagrams.
      For me, its a matter of how fast you want to get certain skills!
      For AGLs, DR skill in MST might worth instead of pet durability, but thats not the question, right!?

After that point, what would make you keep increasing points in left tree, IMO, would be status points and cape skills. If you do not have 3rd level cape, these skills will be useless...

So, you should consider what skill do you want to reach and make your decision based on that!

I must say that wrath skills in MST surprised me, they increase normal damage a lot and this could be really helpful, specially when you arent using shop (master) scrolls!
      Anyway, I cant give you a clear answer, because, IMO, this decision is personal and I like to challenge ppl to take their own decisions! ;3

Regards
      --
      If you need to send a ticket to customer support, go HERE, find your issue and click on it. Otherwise, use this ALTERNATIVE WAY.
      Pay attention to FORUM RULES (including MARKET SECTION RULES) and TERMS OF SERVICE before creating a topic or replying to one. Feed constructive discussions!

Comment

• (VL)s0uLLess
        (VL)s0uLLess commented
        Editing a comment
        The skill that increases your defense rate...

• Barban
        Barban commented
        Editing a comment
        Thought so... but, aGL or AE, is it worth to add points in DR skill? They have a lot for the agi spec.

• (VL)s0uLLess
        (VL)s0uLLess commented
        Editing a comment
        Might be a shortcut!
        Think... Fenrir isnt a good investment for GLs, they cant use Wrath while mounting Fenrir, so...
        DR MST skill isnt the greatest, but will give you some extra DR points and save some points in GLs case!

Excellent Prickle Lance have any use for grow lancer?
      because all other lances are too much better

Comment

• (VL)s0uLLess
        (VL)s0uLLess commented
        Editing a comment
        So go for the other lancers, if you can find... lol

• Barban
        Barban commented
        Editing a comment
        Prickle is like Lapid but needs more str than Lapid.
        I'm in elveland 3 hunting to get xLapid Lance and no luck yet, after 2 weeks.

• AgilityLancer
        AgilityLancer commented
        Editing a comment
        I got your point Barban, and noone answered you.
        I also dont understand the reason to exists Princkle Lance. (just for visual?)

Hello, who can help me with penta for GL?
      Iron shield? Lorencia shield? or maybe diffrent for NARS
      Miraccles or diffrent for attack?

Comment

• (VL)s0uLLess
        (VL)s0uLLess commented
        Editing a comment
        Go for Def, GLs elemental attack is good already..

• Bubu996
        Bubu996 commented
        Editing a comment
        Def for sure but if you can invest in a Kundun Blade pentagram you will see its the best investment you could make.
        I had a +9 lorencia shield 4 sockets and with an empty Kundun blade +9 it cut over 150 elemental damage from mobs in Nars

• AgilityLancer
        AgilityLancer commented
        Editing a comment
        you mean choose bewteen lvl300 defensive or offensive pentagram?
        Can you get the overrate over the elemental damage using Offensive Pentagrama reinforced to +9? (mobs hit u Always MISS when u reach a very good elemental def). If yes, go for Offensive Penta

hi guys i have a gl lvl 560 and full agility, i want to know if is nice to have set robust +13+dr in all set, or shall i go for dd?

i guess dr is not a usefull option and every one goes for dd, shall i let my set with dr (joh) ?

any pro gl player can tell me what to do? =(

Comment

• (VL)s0uLLess
        (VL)s0uLLess commented
        Editing a comment
        That depends, would your final DR exceeds the attack rate of the monster you are planning to hunt!? If yes, go for DR set, if not, DR will be useless...

From what I said above, you can conclude many things I guess!
        Let me know with you still have doubts...

BTW, there is no DR JOH option for PVM! ;P

Hello,

I am a totally fresh pl​ayer (played on Maya server a long time ago). I have started playing agility GL and i was wondering atm which exelent set is top set for my char.
      And i mean best of the best (i have won 2x tickets 5) and i want to up correct set.

Also question is also should i go with exelent set or should i go with ancient one?

I will use this GL for hunting and PVP. (primarly hunting).

Please i need some input!

Comment

• (VL)s0uLLess
        (VL)s0uLLess commented
        Editing a comment
        Bloodangel requirements in Mu guides are wrong, they have similar value for str and agi, just look for Exc Bloodangel parts in game and take a look... Ancients should be slightly higher than exc parts!

• Mazarael
        Mazarael commented
        Editing a comment
        I have BA ancient set +9+16. Str requirement on armor in 434 or so.

• Bubu996
        Bubu996 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would get a very good weapon and cape and bring both to +15 personally.
        Excellent blood angel items drop for GL with Luck and you can JOH DD on it.
        I hunt medusa with my SM and AGL with a Camil sate set +9.
        afk Nars no problem if you have a good cape. and good pentagram
        Good Luck

hi, sgl is good pvm, hars strike use in all maps kil fast in two hits, sgl lvl 700 posibility kiler selu alone

Comment

• AgilityLancer
        AgilityLancer commented
        Editing a comment
        what about the defense? Can a sGL solo without casg buff survive in Selupan?

Hello all, i wanted to hunt with breche skill is work this same as twisting slash on bk, dont like to run after monster wanna just AOE them, mayby some1 arleady tested builid in this way & can share it with me? i will be glad if some 1 can do it. thx

Comment

• (VL)s0uLLess
        (VL)s0uLLess commented
        Editing a comment
        STR GL is the build you want...

yea but what about mastery/ how much sta/energy i need full info, thx

Comment

• (VL)s0uLLess
        (VL)s0uLLess commented
        Editing a comment
        Friend, this topic is to help, not to give the answers...
        Please, share your thoughts and I can help.
        I dont have SGL, mine is AGL, but by experience, I can easily help you, not give answers!
    Working...
    X