X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Class Guide] All About Summoner

Hello, Mutizens!

I'm creating this topic after the success of the poll where I asked players if they would like to see sticked topics about builds, master skill tree, tips and so on for each class. So, please, make use of it!

Since there might be more than one kind of build for a class, be specific whenever requesting help or posting informations.

To newcomers or players that are learning, avoid asking for help without provide any information. Do your homework, make some tests, gather up some doubts and do the questions related to them. Many players dedicated lot of their time in order to learn something or discover good combinations, so don't expect to receive everything easily and respect if someone refuses to share specific details, after all, things like that is what makes a character stand out in the crowd!

We are here to help each other and, maybe, discover new things, so, please, keep the environment clean and friendly...

Thanks,
    s0ul.

--

EDIT 07/05/2015

Adding some reference links to Summoner informations:

http://muonline.webzen.com/guides/24...cters/summoner
    http://muonline.webzen.com/guides/21...n-game-changes
    http://muonline.webzen.com/guides/21...racter-renewal
    http://muonline.webzen.com/guides/22...-master-skills

http://muonlinefanz.com/guide/characters/sum/
    http://muonlinefanz.com/guide/combat/stats/

http://guiamuonline.com/personajes/summoner
    http://guiamuonline.com/personajes/s...ter-skill-tree

http://gurumuonline.com/pt_br/personagens/summoner.html
    http://www.gurumuonline.com/pt_br/gu...moner-mst.html
    --
    If you need to send a ticket to customer support, go HERE, find your issue and click on it. Otherwise, use this ALTERNATIVE WAY.
    Pay attention to FORUM RULES (including MARKET SECTION RULES) and TERMS OF SERVICE before creating a topic or replying to one. Feed constructive discussions!

Well well well... Let me start this then?! Gonna post a newbie info on everyclass guide, just for those who have no idea how to start. Specific builds and tests I'm gonna leave for the pros. I'm not going to tell you how many points you should have here and there, just giving you an idea on how to think when you're planning your build.

The Summoner might be the char with the lower amount of questions, because it only has one kind of build, the energy one. You might think a build with HP could work (vitality+hp+ref set+refbuff), but no, her reflective buff gets better as her energy grows, so its inviable.

The Summoner is a very good char for late game situations, your role on high level hunt is going to be debuff and dps, as she has debuffs for mighty bosses and sleep. She is also a very good char for KS, as the skill Chain Lighting has a very high range, connects with near mobs and has low animation.

Her buff named Berserker cannot be used together with EE(energy elf) damage buff (I don't know if still can't nowadays).
    At lower levels, I recommend the use of books on your offhand, like Samut/Neil/Lagle, they're very good to level. At high levels you should change to something which increases your attack speed, as the books won't be of much use anymore.

Sorry for I can't provide many informations, I've never actually played Summoner on the official server.

Cya.

Comment

• (VL)s0uLLess
      (VL)s0uLLess commented
      Editing a comment
      Increasing stamina status might be considered if you are looking for PVPing with a summoner...

• IZeus
      IZeus commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I just meant not to have a vitality based build, but of couse you will need to have points there for pvp.

I've got a 364 Summoner and am currently AFKing day and night in Aida1. I'm using:
    *level 2.5 wings +14
    *Demonic stick+9+edr+mana
    *Book of Lagel +0+edr
    *Semeden set +9+5 with Chrono pants+9+5. (I'm currently working on getting Chrono ring)
    *271 str(for demonic stick), 102 agi, rest in ene. 600 defense

I have +14 lvl 3 wings in my vault. I'd really like to be able to hunt solo in Acheron with her once I hit master level and I plan on going debuff tree to help with that. My question is, is it viable? I think debuff is the best choice for a solo pvm summoner, but I'd like an outside opinion.

I have a very basic lvl 300 pentagram which I know I need to upgrade, but I don't really want to spend 300b on one, though. I currently only have 1600b that I need to use to buy Camil pants, Chrono ring, and to make my GL set+9.

Comment

• Throwawayaccount139
      Editing a comment
      In the time it takes to debuff a mob, you can kill it with chain lightning. If you do manage to debuff it, it makes it easier for others to KS you. You’ll just walking around debuff while they get all the exp. Debuff is only useful for boss fights or gaion.

• Dabdab
      Dabdab commented
      Editing a comment
      i have 690 summ
      (160 strg for exc rw stick +13
      agi for kriss
      base vit
      2400 enrg)

in my opinion better go on left tree first and put the points in durability - durability 3 is awsome and make u can afk with 1 lmp for days
      put points till deff incrs and than go to middle tree to hp incrs

u also can start with middle till hp incrs and than go to left till deff incrs.

after u finish life + deff incrs continue in the way u want
      mby i will put here my tree later mby it will help u

Hi, im now using main chrono set+samedens items. what set can be beter? at the end game is primary defence or beter focus on dmg opt ( like ancient sets). ur beter have 2 sets?

Comment

• (VL)s0uLLess
      (VL)s0uLLess commented
      Editing a comment
      You could try semeden+chronos, but BA Ancient is better for sure! Or even 2nd lucky...
      I dont see many summoners focusing on defense, unless they are support characters!

Regards

naao semedem +chrono is better than lucky 2 ( imo anyway )
    and for pvp i guess better get socket set unless u have +13/15 sem/chrono cuz of low deff / hp of summ with that sets

Comment

• (VL)s0uLLess
      (VL)s0uLLess commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe because of Wiz Inc Dmg option, but you still lose one ring... ;P

Hellow, today i start doing my 1 summoner, mainly target is to Support my Main char MG, i readed that she got quite nice curse to stun/weak def/weak damage outcome etc. My question is how shloud look primary build for support summoner, all into ene or mayby some into vit for survi?

Second question what will be cheap & good options fot Set some shop stuff+13+ joh or go into ancient? thx for help

Comment

I’d go full ene for ref buff, you’ll get hp in tree on your way to debuffs. Cheapest would be getting a sb+14 set, the gloves give +200 hp with pvp opt.

Comment

hello
        i have 690 summ and till now used her just to debuff boss / ks etc with my other accs
        now im thinkig bout changing her to pvp
        now she using semedem / chrono +9 set with pure enrg build ( 2.4k )
        x red winged stick+13+xdmg ( strg / agi is for x kris +0 / and stick)
        but..this set not so good for pvp so i need advice

wat set shuold i go for nice pvp?
        is succubus set +13+3s will be good ?( for that i will need change my build)
        is there any chanse for summ with that set to survive / win vs bks / rfs ?
        and stick - should i change it for +15 sb ?

thx for help

Comment

So which set for PVM is better Semeden+Chrono or Chono+Semeden?

Comment

Semeden+chrono, none of the options you get from Chrono+Semeden could compensate that 5% ignore..
            Semeden+chrono:
            Increase Wizardry Damage +15%
            Increase Skill Damage +20
            Increase Energy +30
            Increase Critical Damage Rate +15%
            Increase Excellent Damage Rate +15%
            Ignore Enemy's Defense +5%
            +
            Double Damage Rate +20%

Chrono+Semeden:
            Double Damage Rate +20%
            Increase Defense +60
            Increase Skill Damage +30
            Increase Critical Damage Rate +15%
            Increase Excellent Damage Rate +15%
            Increase Critical Damage +20
            Increase Excellent Damage +20
            +
            Increase Wizardry Damage +15%

So it is just:
            Ignore Enemy's Defense +5%
            Increase Energy +30
            versus:
            Increase Defense +60
            Increase Skill Damage +10 (30-20)
            Increase Critical Damage +20
            Increase Excellent Damage +20

First one seems better to me
            My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJavi...confirmation=1

Comment

Please help me to level up. I have some trouble when leveling up from 350. Where is the best spot for me. I have chrono +7 mix semeden set. Wing 2.5 +13.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCLeon View Post
                Please help me to level up. I have some trouble when leveling up from 350. Where is the best spot for me. I have chrono +7 mix semeden set. Wing 2.5 +13.
                Aida 1 or other higher maps with a PT that has EE.

s0ul
                --
                If you need to send a ticket to customer support, go HERE, find your issue and click on it. Otherwise, use this ALTERNATIVE WAY.
                Pay attention to FORUM RULES (including MARKET SECTION RULES) and TERMS OF SERVICE before creating a topic or replying to one. Feed constructive discussions!

Comment

Hi,

for the summ have more damage is better stick + book or stick + kris?

Comment

• Throwawayaccount139
                    Editing a comment
                    Book gives more damage since it has wiz exc options, but kris is faster. I prefer Kris since my summoner has low agi, books require more agi and needs the book tree in MST in order to be usable.

Why do people dislike summoners? I look at this thread and it has the least amount of posts and views.

I think it’s because summoners only have one build, energy, while other races have multiple builds. It’s just summoner with str for raven stick & socket set vs summoner with less str for aa stick. It would be nice if they had a skill dependent on something other than energy, like reflect based on vit, or debuff based on agi.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwawayaccount139 View Post
                    Why do people dislike summoners? I look at this thread and it has the least amount of posts and views.

I think it’s because summoners only have one build, energy, while other races have multiple builds. It’s just summoner with str for raven stick & socket set vs summoner with less str for aa stick. It would be nice if they had a skill dependent on something other than energy, like reflect based on vit, or debuff based on agi.

More or less, you could try a summoner with more agi, for example.
                    But, yes, ene build should be the chosen one, yet, there is a challenge on building MST!

s0ul
                    --

Comment

Working...
                    X