X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Class Guide] All About Dark Lord

Hello, Mutizens!

I'm creating this topic after the success of the poll where I asked players if they would like to see sticked topics about builds, master skill tree, tips and so on for each class. So, please, make use of it!

Since there might be more than one kind of build for a class, be specific whenever requesting help or posting informations.

To newcomers or players that are learning, avoid asking for help without provide any information. Do your homework, make some tests, gather up some doubts and do the questions related to them. Many players dedicated lot of their time in order to learn something or discover good combinations, so don't expect to receive everything easily and respect if someone refuses to share specific details, after all, things like that is what makes a character stand out in the crowd!

We are here to help each other and, maybe, discover new things, so, please, keep the environment clean and friendly...

Thanks,
    s0ul.

--

EDIT 07/05/2015

Adding some reference links to Dark Lord informations:

http://muonline.webzen.com/guides/24...ters/dark-lord
    http://muonline.webzen.com/guides/21...n-game-changes
    http://muonline.webzen.com/guides/21...racter-renewal
    http://muonline.webzen.com/guides/22...-master-skills

http://muonlinefanz.com/guide/characters/dl/
    http://muonlinefanz.com/guide/combat/stats/

http://guiamuonline.com/personajes/dark-lord
    http://guiamuonline.com/personajes/d...ter-skill-tree
    http://www.guiamuonline.com/master-s...-tree-season-x

http://www.gurumuonline.com/pt_br/pe...dark-lord.html
    http://www.gurumuonline.com/pt_br/gu...-lord-mst.html
    --
    If you need to send a ticket to customer support, go HERE, find your issue and click on it. Otherwise, use this ALTERNATIVE WAY.
    Pay attention to FORUM RULES (including MARKET SECTION RULES) and TERMS OF SERVICE before creating a topic or replying to one. Feed constructive discussions!

Well well well... Let me start this then?! Gonna post a newbie info on everyclass guide, just for those who have no idea how to start. Specific builds and tests I'm gonna leave for the pros. I'm not going to tell you how many points you should have here and there, just giving you an idea on how to think when you're planning your build.

Starting by the kind of build you're going to do, SDL (strenght) / EDL (energy) / Stamp (vitality) / CDL (command)

SDL is the most common build nowadays, because you can get bonus damage when having high points on this attribute, this build is basically a full dps. Some people like to add enough command for using Critical Buff, that's up to you. But as many experienced SDL players have said on this forum, before you have the mana regen from MasterSkillTree, you must have a bit of energy so you can sustain yourself on the spots you're going to level. This class is good to level solo and party.

EDL is actually an old build, when there was no bonus from stat speciallization, the focus was to have big energy so you could get big damage from Fireburst. This build shouldn't be considered, in my opinion.

Stamp is a build for Dark Lord which the focus is the vitality, it's used for events like Castle Siege, where surviving is essential, for this build I'm not going to talk more than that, as the people who do this one are experienced players. You shouldn't consider this build as a first timer.

CDL is the build for raven lovers like me, nowadays is not well looked, as it lacks everything a char should have at late game. It's known that raven doesn't attack on PvP, so if your plan is to pvp, forget this build. This build has a good Critical Buff (based on your command) and can use the skill Summon, which teleports your party members to your spot (if you're all in the same map).

That's a bit of Dark Lord I can tell, soon going to plan my CDL, just so I can have that beautiful raven on my arm

Cya.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaar View Post
      Well well well... Let me start this then?! Gonna post a newbie info on everyclass guide, just for those who have no idea how to start. Specific builds and tests I'm gonna leave for the pros. I'm not going to tell you how many points you should have here and there, just giving you an idea on how to think when you're planning your build.

Starting by the kind of build you're going to do, SDL (strenght) / EDL (energy) / Stamp (vitality) / CDL (command)

SDL is the most common build nowadays, because you can get bonus damage when having high points on this attribute, this build is basically a full dps. Some people like to add enough command for using Critical Buff, that's up to you. But as many experienced SDL players have said on this forum, before you have the mana regen from MasterSkillTree, you must have a bit of energy so you can sustain yourself on the spots you're going to level. This class is good to level solo and party.

EDL is actually an old build, when there was no bonus from stat speciallization, the focus was to have big energy so you could get big damage from Fireburst. This build shouldn't be considered, in my opinion.

Stamp is a build for Dark Lord which the focus is the vitality, it's used for events like Castle Siege, where surviving is essential, for this build I'm not going to talk more than that, as the people who do this one are experienced players. You shouldn't consider this build as a first timer.

CDL is the build for raven lovers like me, nowadays is not well looked, as it lacks everything a char should have at late game. It's known that raven doesn't attack on PvP, so if your plan is to pvp, forget this build. This build has a good Critical Buff (based on your command) and can use the skill Summon, which teleports your party members to your spot (if you're all in the same map).

That's a bit of Dark Lord I can tell, soon going to plan my CDL, just so I can have that beautiful raven on my arm

Cya.

One thing you forgot to mention is that no matter what build you make, DLs dont have good defense nor defense rate, therefore, if the player doesnt have a good set, he will suffer, even more right after level 400!

Furthere more, DLs are OP between 0~400, thats why mine people think they are awesome, but as you mentioned, the characters fails in the late game in many points...

Besides that, as a player of DL, want to add these:

1) As mentioned by Skaar, Str DL is full DPS, so dont go for a pure STR build, you will need high speed;
      2) Ene DLs might be considered when you plan to play in a party, although energy doesnt make part of DL's skills formula anymore, they still increase Critical Buff and, in this case, the buff will be better than any other build you might do;
      3) Stamp DLs are ONLY used for events (PVP events) to help guild teams providing Summon skill, its kind of a shortcut to the strategy point you are focusing. Of course, if you play as Stamp DL, you might need to level it up once and then, otherwise you will need to reset all status and MST, which aint easy nor cheap;
      4) Cmd DLs are awesome to level up between 0~400 and you wont spend much zen to repair the Raven if you get the most valuable itens that drop, but they are kind of useless after that, because, for now, Raven's attack isnt balanced against ML monsters defense and defense rate. You will see a lot of DLs with some points in Cmd status tho, its because they are GMs or they want to use Critical buff;
      5) Finally, if you are planning to test DL as a PVP killer, please, dont do it, stun rate in Fireburst is low and in order for you to tank enough hit coming from enemies, your damage wont be good. This is the sad part about an unbalanced game! ;/

Regards
      --
      If you need to send a ticket to customer support, go HERE, find your issue and click on it. Otherwise, use this ALTERNATIVE WAY.
      Pay attention to FORUM RULES (including MARKET SECTION RULES) and TERMS OF SERVICE before creating a topic or replying to one. Feed constructive discussions!

Comment

I don’t know where you guys are getting your information but energy raises skill dmg by ene/20. It has always raised by ene. Even in C menu it’s still under ene.

Saying STR DL is more powerful than an ENE DL, is like saying a STR RF is more powerful than a VIT RF. That percent rise gives a lot of dmg.

Comment

• (VL)s0uLLess
          (VL)s0uLLess commented
          Editing a comment
          Higher damage doesnt mean that you will have better DPS!
          I will upload one video...

• Throwawayaccount139
          Editing a comment
          Dude, strength doesn’t increase speed. Agility does. If you flip str for ene speed isn’t reduced.

• (VL)s0uLLess
          (VL)s0uLLess commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry, but what a useless comment.
          Of course I know that, but more STR means you have a higher base damage. This higher base damage will serve to multipliers like XDMG and IGN, further more, you will have higher specilization bonus.
          The fight here is skill damage multiplier increase against status specialization bonus...
          I had str/ene built til lvl 600, after that I went for full str (without specialization bonus) and my DL became better. Now Im full str/agi build, pure DPS.
          I couldnt upload the video yesterday, Im doing it today. About reseting status, only next month Ill be able to do that.
          There is a flaw in my build tho, Berserker sux with it!

Regards

@Mrbeen I totally disagree about the part on being in pt or not. Of course the eDL is better for OTHERS in the party, as it will buff them with critical. But for himself, his damage won't change being in party or not unless he gets buff from ee/gl, which also makes the sDL stronger, not only the eDL.

@Throwawayaccount139 Man, many people tested when the specialization came up, some made videos. I can tell you, everyone who I've seen changing to str build based, gets impressed by the upgrade.

Comment

• Mrbeen
          Mrbeen commented
          Editing a comment
          pt= meaning buff from ee, when it comes to skill dmg rise there is a point where skill% gives higher dmg ouput then pure str stats dmg benefit so you will hit as good a strDL (with buff of course)

All my friends tested too, and said the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwawayaccount139 View Post
          All my friends tested too, and said the opposite.

Here it is:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7E7Mp8PpQQ

As I mentioned, build isnt good with Berserker set...
          You will see no pro gear in this video and no buffs!

Sorry for low quality video, I recorded it last week and was just testing...

Regards
          --

Comment

• Throwawayaccount139
            Editing a comment
            Where is the comparison?

Did everyone on this forum fail science?

• (VL)s0uLLess
            (VL)s0uLLess commented
            Editing a comment
            (VL)s0uLLess
            #4.7
            (VL)s0uLLess commented
            Yesterday, 10:18 AM
            (...) About reseting status, only next month Ill be able to do that. (...)

Regards

A lot of misunderstanding in this thread ^^
          I think when soulless was saying "although energy doesnt make part of DL's skills formula anymore," he was talking about specialization and not that energy doesn't do anything for damage for DL. Soulless should have worded it better because that's why Throwawayaccount said his comment about energy ^^

Regarding SDL vs EDL. In season 8 EDL + EE easily had better DPS compared to SDL + EE. But after the specialization stats in season 9. STR DL with 2.9KSTR has a bonus of 300+ and that is enough to make SDL better than EDL by a little. Also if you are using special muuns when their ability is activated this could make EDL slightly better than SDL.

In this current season I would make SDL if I am soloing or have party with 3 or less. If I had a full pt with EE and at least 2 MG/BK/RF I would go with EDL.

If anyone wants to see some numbers of SDL vs EDL I can post it up too.

Comment

• Throwawayaccount139
            Editing a comment
            I’ve been trying to figure out the new formula too. On website they say fireburst dmg changed from 150 + str/25 + ene/50 to 100 + str/100, but that would make everyones damage lower.

• Dalistro
            Dalistro commented
            Editing a comment
            Fireburst base skill damage still does increase with energy. Its the same formula as before but they added str/100 to the min.
            The ones shown on the season 9 updates are the min damages.
            http://muonline.webzen.com/guides/21...racter-renewal

The bonus damage of fireburst: str/25 + ene/50 is still there. It's not listed on that page I think because it's bonus damage and it doesn't show up when you hover the mouse over the skill.

So Fireburst min base skill damage is 100 + str/100 + bonus, max is 150 + (str/100)*1.5 + bonus

• (VL)s0uLLess
            (VL)s0uLLess commented
            Editing a comment
            Hm, good to know...

If despite everyone's suggestion someone still wants to make a command dl here are 2 builds I know

Best Set for command DL pure is Royal+15+16+L+DD+HP+Health Inc
          Best Set for COmmand PVP DL is Ambition MAX/Sunlight Max+Joh DD 7%

Best Sceptor for command DL Pure is Soleil Max+Bypass (has the highest % for pet dmg other than XAA Sceptor)
          Best Sceptor for command DL PVP is Soleil Max+Bypass OR Thunderbolt Max (other than xaa ofcourse)

1. Command Pure
          (Str for sceptor+Set)
          (Agi as per Set)
          (vit 200 at least)
          Enrgy for skills
          Rest command

2. Command PVP
          (Str for set+Scep)
          (500~600 agi)
          (Vit 500)
          (enrgy for skills)
          Rest command

COmmand DL foreva!!!!

Comment

• VenomGod
            VenomGod commented
            Editing a comment
            yup, know that but still it has pvm dmg at least (even if its crap xD )

I still hope 1 day webzen will make command dl viable again

• (VL)s0uLLess
            (VL)s0uLLess commented
            Editing a comment
            Compared to other DL builds, Raven is far from being OK, IMO...

• Gelatina1
            Gelatina1 commented
            Editing a comment
            lvl 70 raven have around 2.2k atk rate, forget about pvm, and since u cant pvp, raven is useless after lvl 400

What would be a pro pvm SDL set for ML characters? And what scepter(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by Saints View Post
            What would be a pro pvm SDL set for ML characters? And what scepter(s)?
            Until lvl 550, Berserker set does a great job!
            Best DL set is 2nd lucky set, buy you can look for Agnis or Broys if you want...

Scepter is a matter of opportunity, best would be an xAA sword, but you can do good with Absolute +13+3skt, Soleil +15 or GLS +X+3 options.
            I would look for Thunderbolt tho...
            --

Comment

• Saints
              Saints commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for advice, man!

Originally posted by (VL)s0uLLess View Post

Until lvl 550, Berserker set does a great job!
            Best DL set is 2nd lucky set, buy you can look for Agnis or Broys if you want...

Scepter is a matter of opportunity, best would be an xAA sword, but you can do good with Absolute +13+3skt, Soleil +15 or GLS +X+3 options.
            I would look for Thunderbolt tho...
            S>thunderbolt+9+l+2soc :P

Comment

• Torrente
              Torrente commented
              Editing a comment
              How could be Angelic bow better than xAA? More damage ?

• (VL)s0uLLess
              (VL)s0uLLess commented
              Editing a comment
              Although Angelic Bow might not gave the highest brute damage, it is a socket weapon. Socket weapons have better options, even better now with Tetra Spheres and you can get full atk options, differently than xAA xBow. In this case, brute damage is outdated! Further more, MST skill based on bow is better and it has low requirements like xAA xBow (and DS, in this case).

Im not an experienced AE player, but all pro players Ive talked to said that DS/Angelic are the best ones for AE... So, with all the things I said above and their opinions, I must believe in them! ;P

• Torrente
              Torrente commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. I guess the problem is get tetra sphere

Just that, whats a good build for a DL who will be GM, i need something with enough command for 80 members and also with good attack to level up, thanks for your help!

If you read this you already owe me 1 Bless

Comment

• (VL)s0uLLess
              (VL)s0uLLess commented
              Editing a comment
              RESTstr 300~400agi 400~600ene 400cmd

• Rhaspberry
              Rhaspberry commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks VL Soulless =) i didnt know how many ene to add =D

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum,
            How much energy does a SDL need to cast Diseier without running out of Mana?

Comment

Originally posted by DLSoul View Post
              Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum,
              How much energy does a SDL need to cast Diseier without running out of Mana?

You need level, not energy. In order to spam Chaotic Diseier, you will need mana rec skill and ag rec skill in MST.
              Anyway, 600 ene must do a good job till you get there...
              --

Comment

• DLSoul
                DLSoul commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you! I read your previous post about 600 energy, almost there! I also have Pendant mana /8, works great! I'm trying to make Pro SDL!!! any advice is welcome.

I love this forum! soooo much information.
            Working...
            X