X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Class Guide] All About Dark Wizard

Hello, Mutizens!

I'm creating this topic after the success of the poll where I asked players if they would like to see sticked topics about builds, master skill tree, tips and so on for each class. So, please, make use of it!

Since there might be more than one kind of build for a class, be specific whenever requesting help or posting informations.

To newcomers or players that are learning, avoid asking for help without provide any information. Do your homework, make some tests, gather up some doubts and do the questions related to them. Many players dedicated lot of their time in order to learn something or discover good combinations, so don't expect to receive everything easily and respect if someone refuses to share specific details, after all, things like that is what makes a character stand out in the crowd!

We are here to help each other and, maybe, discover new things, so, please, keep the environment clean and friendly...

Thanks,
    s0ul.

--

EDIT 07/05/2015

Adding some reference links to Dark Wizard informations:

http://muonline.webzen.com/guides/24...rs/dark-wizard
    http://muonline.webzen.com/guides/21...n-game-changes
    http://muonline.webzen.com/guides/21...racter-renewal
    http://muonline.webzen.com/guides/22...-master-skills

http://muonlinefanz.com/guide/characters/dw/
    http://muonlinefanz.com/guide/combat/stats/

http://guiamuonline.com/personajes/dark-wizard
    http://guiamuonline.com/personajes/d...ter-skill-tree
    http://www.guiamuonline.com/master-s...-tree-season-x

http://www.gurumuonline.com/pt_br/pe...rk-wizard.html
    http://www.gurumuonline.com/pt_br/gu...izard-mst.html
    --
    If you need to send a ticket to customer support, go HERE, find your issue and click on it. Otherwise, use this ALTERNATIVE WAY.
    Pay attention to FORUM RULES (including MARKET SECTION RULES) and TERMS OF SERVICE before creating a topic or replying to one. Feed constructive discussions!

Well well well... Let me start this then?! Gonna post a newbie info on everyclass guide, just for those who have no idea how to start. Specific builds and tests I'm gonna leave for the pros. I'm not going to tell you how many points you should have here and there, just giving you an idea on how to think when you're planning your build.

For the SM, you can at first be one of this 2 kinds: ASM (agility) and ESM (energy)

The ASM is a build focused on the buff Soul Barrier (which increases its absorption by the amount of agility), at high level stuff this buff helps alot, as it decreases the damage dealt on your party members. This class basically doesn't attack, just stay there giving Soul Barrier to the party. Not recommended for first timers, as it requires to always level in party and is very weak on his attacks.

The ESM is a build based on dps. There are many discussions about ESM builds, as it is one of the most complex chars, some prefer to do it as hybrid, others see no way besides energy* (*when talking about dps build). It's not well looked nowadays as it has no pvp potential, it's kinda a forgotten char on this aspect. But nonetheless, its a good pvm char, also for hunt. At leveling, before the MasterLevel, having an energy elf together is almost a must, as you have probably the lowest deffense on the entire game. Your main skills are going to be Flame, Evil Spirit and Ice Storm.

I hope this gathers more people to share their opinion about ESM.

Cya.

Comment

• (VL)s0uLLess
      (VL)s0uLLess commented
      Editing a comment
      Nailed it with the most important points about the character!

• FatalKiss
      FatalKiss commented
      Editing a comment
      basic aspect

Okay, so my current build is:

Build:
    302 strength (trying to get +15 Inberial)
    100 Agility
    65 (base + ancients)
    1939 Energy

Gear:
    +9+16+mana+xdmg platina staff +joh wiz dmg opt
    +9+DD+HP leg shield + joh def opt
    +9+16+10stamina Anubis set
    +9+16+10stamina Barnake pants,boots
    3rd wing +14+16wizdmg

My build is focused purely on PVM/HUNT SM, I also have an EE character with me now that's level 432, my SM is level 442.

At the moment I have 30 points in Wisdom tree, 10 in atk/rate, 10 in wiz dmg% expansion, and then 10 in wiz dmg crit%..

Now, I'm tossing up between starting in Peace tree for more defense or Overcome tree for more damage.. Since I'll have EE with me all the time, I was thinking about adding points in Overcome, but then I thought, maybe I'll be too weak for Nars and hunting even with my EE?

Thoughts anyone?

Comment

• Torrente
      Torrente commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I think if you are planning to lvl up in NARS, here are my tips:
      1. Need at least a penta +9
      2. Need defense and hp, mobs hit really hard there.
      3. Nars is about to kill fast

I'm aMG and I have 1.7k defense and 1.1k+ hp and I still cant lvl in Nars (solo). I think you should go for Peace

• KFCTONIGHT
      KFCTONIGHT commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeh I have +9 Penta on both characters, Hmm.

So should I get 40 points in Overcome so I can have at least 10 points in the soul barrier strengthen? That will give me an additional 10% reduction in damage.

Then I can spec some into Peace? And get the HP stat in Wisdom (about 10 points).

• FatalKiss
      FatalKiss commented
      Editing a comment
      i probably would go for hybrid sm with this kind of gear..more survivability..why??...More Agi = more element def and element dmg.

Hello Every1 i have a question about Esm and his ilusion skill in the tree says the "alter ego" has the 30% change to recive the dmg also he attack and he dissappears when he die or time finish...

But how many seconds its that "time"

also if i got
    2.1k energy
    build durability imp+WWring+ ilusion with blast mana skill 10/20 do u think that would be good for hunt?

also with 20/20 in Wizardry power up and 20/20 staff damage increase...

i saw a guy in youtube he said that skill its not good because in pvp die super easy "the ilussion" but i wonder if for pvm killing medu, gaion , kundun would be fine

im thinking ideas to be a good Esm cuz there is alot of pple who says that charts its super expensive and u can make more with RF Smg o Gl with 50% less in jewels and items

thank you very much im waiting for ideas...

PD: build would be
    streng for set (dark devil+13 o 15/ bloodangel ancient set+9/enis +anubis +13+16)
    agility 300
    sta base
    2100 energy

Comment

Hi all. I returned to the game after a long absence. I decided to create a character Soul Master. All the points would add to energy.I have reached the 400 level and collected a nice set Anubis + Bernake. Now all write that it is bezu┼╝uteczna character and good for nothing suitable. Is energy sm good or not? Do I need to reset the points and make agi sm-a? Your opinion?

Comment

• Lolm99
      Lolm99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have 400lvl and anubis set +bernake and platina staff +exc dmg. People write that this character is useless because it can not cope on the hunt, pvp, cs. So in what way it is good and how to build it? How much should I have agillity and vit/?

• Lolm99
      Lolm99 commented
      Editing a comment
      just tell me , ene sm is sh.it or no and he is for cs hunt or for?

• KuaiLiang
      KuaiLiang commented
      Editing a comment
      What's your build (ENG, STR, AGI, VIT)?
      What's your damage?
      Do you have wings (Magic, Soul or Eternal)

And your other question? No, the Eng SM ARE NOT shit characters. See this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3JHFzoZmK4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xmHQFoFeq4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKmVzURFi8g

Comment

• (VM)Javiercar
      (VM)Javiercar commented
      Editing a comment
      yet, Evil spirit helps you unluck magic mastery.... so it will become kind of must at high levels...

About the vids:
      1)AE hit miss on elemental damage? what a joke^^
      2) Taking ages to kill a medusa at 1/3rd hp while other chars kill it from 100% in less time
      3) Again, he gets miss on elemental damage lol

• (VL)s0uLLess
      (VL)s0uLLess commented
      Editing a comment
      Javier, you reveal the secrets too soon.. ^^

• Defaultname
      Defaultname commented
      Editing a comment
      elemental always misses if in a party javier , both duels were in a party I guess because oldschool duel make party if dueling without pots to make sure nobody changes their minds^^ and starts drinking pots

Since no elemental dmg yeah the outcome can be very different...but I did find some other vids of duels where sm wins vs bm or rf, not in a pt so elemental dmg was active, the thing is those guys weren't using cash shop buffs..

So, if anyone has a link to any duel where sm can win vs ae,bm,rf similar lvl and duel is not in a pt and both of them using cash shop buffs I would like to watch that^^

str: 262 agi: 167 stam: 105 ene:1792 and wings of soul +13.

Comment

• Lolm99
      Lolm99 commented
      Editing a comment
      i have 505 def , i can solo in k2 but k3 is to hard. one thing to know what i need is sm in high lvl like 500,600,700 can fight against grow lancer , rf , bk and others? He can hunt in high maps ? or he is usseles?

• KuaiLiang
      KuaiLiang commented
      Editing a comment
      No man, in lvl 400 is hard to hunt in Kanturu 3 xD. You need to be lvl 500 or more to kill them. Follow this guide where you put your masters points

http://www.guiamuonline.com/grand-master-energia (Active english trastale)

PD: Dont Put in Evil Spitis, put the 10 points in Flame or Soul Barrier

• (VL)s0uLLess
      (VL)s0uLLess commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, stop saying something that isnt right, he will need to put points in Evil Spirit... lol

Here is my ML tree:

Nars mobs hit me for 500-700 elemental dmg and 70-150 normal DMG... Without my EE, not sure what it is with my EE..
    The only spells I use is Flame and Evil Spirit, and it adds SO much damage to these spells IMO it is definitely worth getting the strengtheners. Not sure how far down I'll spec in the right side, probably until I get 10 points in Max Wiz DMG, and then I'll start advancing further down left tree spec till I get energy stat and then Wing Stats.

Comment

• WontTellYouMyLogin
      WontTellYouMyLogin commented
      Editing a comment
      s0uLLess: so one needs to put the 10 points in Evil Spirit in order to be able to put the points in Magic Mastery (the solid line between these 2)? I assume Magic Mastery is pretty important but how much extra damage does it give? (The Magic Mastery skill is called Grand Wizard in MUDamage7 which is on guiamuonline but it just gives a number or is this a percentage?)

Off topic: I hate the complete mess Mu Online is when it comes to information, what you read on one site is conflicting with information you read somewhere else. And even the official site is so full of wrong information, the only thing you can trust is the game itself... Does not really help if you do not have a character that high to check yourself.

• Ragerino
      Ragerino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah...A large part of the Mu community doesn't like sharing information(even in a vague manner) about builds, quests, or game mechanics. This makes the game harder/discouraging to jump into for the new players that try out the game. I totally understand the concept of not spoon feeding every bit of game information (like exact stats for a build), but I don't think players should be hesitant to push people in the right direction.

This hits pretty close to home for me because my brother got into the game recently. He's always coming and asking me questions or posting on the forums for help, because the information out there is very limited, very hard to find, or outdated.

However, these class guide threads are a step in the right direction. It's really cool to see the community stepping toward a more informative phase.

• (VL)s0uLLess
      (VL)s0uLLess commented
      Editing a comment
      WTYML, yes, you will need to put 10 points in ES Strengthener in order to increase Magic Mastery skill.
      With 10 points in Magic Mastery, Wizardry damage is increased in 32.

BTW, it was always like that and the same happends with old games, you always have wikis and blogs, but not just a really good source with all info concentrated!

Regards

Rag3312, my SM has 1332 HP, 860 defense and +9 EARTH Pentagram, also my soul barrier is at 31% absorb damage (not sure if i had this on when testing).

When I went to water mobs (weakest element against earth) they hit me for around 430 elemental to 550 elemental damage. The other elements hit me higher, up to 700+.

I don't level in Nars, I need a far better pentagram or at least one with an elemental defense slot...

Anyway - I'm thinking about getting an "Iron Shield of the Magic", with two slots, anger and blessing. With this I'll get an Errtel Anger Rank 2 Level 3 which will activate the ancient option Pentagram defense +10%...

The Pentagram shouldn't cost that much.. depends on the seller really, anywhere around 30-90 souls. But it's also rare to find Anger+Blessing slots activated. The Errtel is what is gonna kill me, probably around 600-900 bless, and this is also rare to find

Comment

This is probably little bit different question from usual ones but I would like to know now that we have this new cc system is it possible to create decent cc sm for cc3 ( max lvl 349).

I was wondering agi build and ene just enough for ice storm 8xx ( so you can still kill some mobs and get jewels from them). Rest would go to agility (around 1000agi) so I would have decent def/attack succes rate, good soul barrier, speed around 160 with ale+wiz ring and speed pend and really high defense.

as gear I would use dark soul set+15+16 (possibly dd joh option)
      platina+15+l+bypass
      2nd wings+15+l
      some random shield, haven't decided yet, probably one I can get ddjoh to

My only concerns are:
      1. Build with like 500agi rest ene is probably better...
      2.my dmg might be too low to be able to kill anything, maybe my bypass can kill some low hp characters like ae or summoner but I am not sure about that either.
      3. no matter how good your speed is as a sm your tele seems to be bugged or something like that, aes with lower speed can hit you between tele and rf can do chain drive to you through tele so I am not sure will it work.
      4. Sm sucks, not sure if I can make it work in low lvl cc with my budget

Another option would be to just go full hp build but I think it's not going to work either. I just really want to make sm work in cc but its really hard currently and I feel like this
      300 str
      1k agi
      base hp
      8xx ene

build might not be useful:P. Any ideas from some pro cc players/ sm players?

Comment

• (VM)Javiercar
        (VM)Javiercar commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a succesful CC3 SM which can own it with a nice % rate (can't always trust I won't die because of GL bugged damage when breaking SD), but it is just my test SM, but it is only a run-through, when I get my main done, I will bring some light about it

• (VL)s0uLLess
        (VL)s0uLLess commented
        Editing a comment
        I still prefer AE CC3... :3
        Anyway, I think CC builds are really specific and related to the char gear, so its hard to tell what is best!

• (VM)Javiercar
        (VM)Javiercar commented
        Editing a comment
        Driest is ready!!! (Not with the eclipse+13+dd that I would have loved to, but lvling is done). This afternoon first feedback, will probably make a video

Hello , its me again hehe. I'm one doubts where should I put these points in my master three . I am currently leveling in nars with party , however 'm thinking of leveling alone at some spot acheron or Kanturu relicics . Already tested in Kanturu and kill easily with the flame , the damage that I get I can recover, so I'm not using pot 's. I do not know if I should add points in the Evil Spirit and Magic Mastery , or if I should go to Overcome and put in one handed staff. This thinking of leveling solo.

Gear:
      Anubis Set+13+L
      Inberial+13+L+BonusMagicalDMG+5
      Guardian Shield+13+L+BonusDEF
      Legendary P/B +13+L+DecreaseDMG+7%
      Pendant Ice [HP Recovery3%] [ExDMG] [WIZ DMG1/20] [Mana/8]
      Ring Magic [Maximum Life4%] [Maximum Mana4%] [DD4%]
      Wings+14+4%

Build - http://prntscr.com/8380oc , srry i can't upload here....

Comment

• (VM)Javiercar
        (VM)Javiercar commented
        Editing a comment
        I would add next 10 points on ML HP, unless you are going to keep leveling for a while, they are very useful and a big deal (will increase your HP vastly). After that, overcome is the way to go. If you are leveling using flame, I would add some points it gives a nice boost

GL

• Badalak
        Badalak commented
        Editing a comment
        Thx for help guys but i'm thinking in convert it to ASM...

• (VM)Javiercar
        (VM)Javiercar commented
        Editing a comment
        This is really sad for me to say... but yes, it is the best you could do, there are much better killers than your SM even with the pretty good gear you have. GL

i add this skill from master tree and see my dmg dont go up u,u its working only in pvp?

Comment

Originally posted by Runekox View Post
        i add this skill from master tree and see my dmg dont go up u,u its working only in pvp?

Only when attacking targets that are more than 4 tiles away this skill will work...
        Its saying in in skill description mate! ;P
        --
        If you need to send a ticket to customer support, go HERE, find your issue and click on it. Otherwise, use this ALTERNATIVE WAY.
        Pay attention to FORUM RULES (including MARKET SECTION RULES) and TERMS OF SERVICE before creating a topic or replying to one. Feed constructive discussions!

Comment

• Invok
          Invok commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi SouLLess !
          "Only when attacking targets that are more than 4 tiles away this skill will work..."
          4 hits add 32wizdmg(lvl10 of skill), 8 hit add 64 dmg ... 40 hits add 320 wizdmg with Grand Magic PowUp skill ???

• (VL)s0uLLess
          (VL)s0uLLess commented
          Editing a comment
          I didnt understand your doubt, sry...
          I need to make better tests related to this skill, because I still didnt figure it out totally!
          I mean, what is magical dmg? Wizardry? It adds to base dmg or final dmg?

s0ul

• Invok
          Invok commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi !
          Grand Magic PowUp skill will add 32 wizdmg in lvl 10 of skill, when i attacking targets more than 4 tiles away, 32 wizdmg per 4 tiles ? and 64 wizdmg per 8 tiles ? and 320 wizdmg per 40 tiles ? is good for kill boss ???
          sr i dont speaking english, zz
          have nice day S0uLLess !

Hello there,

After 10 years without playing Mu Online, I'm back. As a "new old player", I can see that a lot has changed and I'm learning all of it again. Without any further, I'd like some tips on the following issue:

What's a good cost/benefit level up set and weapon to buy and improve my character?
        Note that I'm currently playing on Helheim server as a Dark Wizard, about level ~100 and - as a beginner - I do not have a lot to expend on itens.

Thank you, guys.

Regards,
        BigEasy

Comment

Anubis set +heras or barnake

Comment

Working...
          X