Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning player looking for advice

Hi!

I'm returning after a nearly 4 year absence.. and I'm sorta lost with all the new stuff that has been added - along with the old I never got to learn. So I thought I'd ask a couple of questions:

1. Which class is "best" for pure PVM (just leveling, not "bossing" as I've never done any of that) now? I currently have the following characters:
    - Level 507 Mirage Lancer
    - Level 367 Dark Lord
    - Level 335 Blade Knight
    - Level 290 Magic Gladiator
    - Level 117 Dark Wizard
    Do keep in mind the characters don't exactly have great gear. The best would be my Mirage Lancer with a +0 Ana's set and two Akhir's pieces.

2. How much would decent gear for level 4-500 approximately cost for the class from question 1? I play on Helheim.

3. Any changes or tips for leveling I should be aware of?

4. Can I somehow reset or decrease my stats in case I'm running a now inefficient build on the class of choice? Is this expensive to do?

Thanks!
    Helheim

Hi, hope I can help you somehow.

. Which class is "best" for pure PVM (just leveling, not "bossing" as I've never done any of that) now? I currently have the following characters:
    The most balanced character at the time is SM, he can do almost everything in the game with the same build. But since it's a popular class the gears tend to be more expensive.
    Another one which is a good one for solo playing is DL.

2. How much would decent gear for level 4-500 approximately cost for the class from question 1? I play on Helheim.
    Well I don't know about the prices, but you should go for an ABA set, 3rd wings (or conqueror if you can), socket weapon (or BAA if you can) and a good penta.

Most of the maps 400+ are element based. So the first thing you need to invest is a good pentagram. A char like DL can make good use of a 12345 Lyra or 123 Lyra.

4. Can I somehow reset or decrease my stats in case I'm running a now inefficient build on the class of choice? Is this expensive to do?
    Yes you can, you can reset up to 127 point in-game with fruits. Further than that you'll need to buy reset status fruits on X-shop for 200Wcoin each.

Comment

There is no best class. If you are talking about end-game leveling (at level 1000+), it is currently being dominated by SM, EMG, ADL and ARF/ERF.
      The reason for it is that the newer maps are lack of balance. Monsters have way too high defense that dealing normal damage is very difficult and ineffective, so players resort to using punish and ignore defense options, that favor characters with the highest attack speed. DL has the fastest attack speed in the game (AGI/10) while SM is also AGI/10 but with less stats. EMG can dual wield sword to get fast speed at AGI/15 and have superior coverage when enhance skill tree is unlocked.
      ERF work on his own way that he has the highest ignore defense rate (by his own buff) to make up for the slower speed, but this makes him much more fragile compared to the characters that focus on AGI to gain speed mentioned eariler, making him party only.
      ARF is still dominant for spot ks.

But you are talking about level 400~500... which is like season 7. For solo play I guess summoner will level up the fastest at this level range if there is no budget limit.

Bear in mind that leveling up is meaningless without gear. With cheap gear at level 500, in terms of effectiveness you are like 200 levels behind a character at that is properly equipped. Common budget requirement for ML character is 500~1200b, without this budget frankly speaking your character is trash that you shouldn't be playing it to be honest, because you are not gaining progress at a pace that is reasonable. A level 700 character with trash gear is going to be inferior to a level 500 character with proper gear in every way despite similar kill speed against the same monster, as you will gain less exp, less zen and cost more zen to use MU helper. The level 700 character with trash gear will be like unplayable slow progress, while the level 500 character with proper gear will gain fast exp and achieve a higher profit margin for afk in terms of jewels and zen gained, in preparation for the next level gear you are going to need them as you level up.

If you play using trash items, you will fall under the power curve and unable to afford gear for your character forever (unless you p2p which is exactly webzen's marketing strategy).

Work your way to gain this bless, and buy the stuff your character really in need, then leveling up will not be an issue as your character become powerful and effective at doing its job. You can basically become successful playing any class using this method so class doesn't really matter and I always recommend you play the class you liked most, then learn how to play that character in a effective way.

If you are really broke and have no plans for p2p, I recommend tank class hunter (ABK, AE, AMG, and AGL) because these are playable at lower budget, and their performance are excellent at the hunt when properly equipped. SGL is a party play character, it is not meant to be efficient for solo although it can be done. For solo farming, ABK/AE/AMG or AGL with 500b equip can achieve comparable performance as an SGL with 1000b equip.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakissoba View Post
        Hi, hope I can help you somehow.

. Which class is "best" for pure PVM (just leveling, not "bossing" as I've never done any of that) now? I currently have the following characters:
        The most balanced character at the time is SM, he can do almost everything in the game with the same build. But since it's a popular class the gears tend to be more expensive.
        Another one which is a good one for solo playing is DL.

Well I don't know about the prices, but you should go for an ABA set, 3rd wings (or conqueror if you can), socket weapon (or BAA if you can) and a good penta.

Most of the maps 400+ are element based. So the first thing you need to invest is a good pentagram. A char like DL can make good use of a 12345 Lyra or 123 Lyra.

Yes you can, you can reset up to 127 point in-game with fruits. Further than that you'll need to buy reset status fruits on X-shop for 200Wcoin each.
        Thanks for the answers. Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with the new items (and their abbreviations). I'm unsure what ABA, BAA and 12345 Lyra is.

Helheim

Comment

• Yakissoba
          Yakissoba commented
          Editing a comment
          ABA = Ancient BloodAngel (requires lvl 400 to use)
          BAA = Blessed Divine Archangel Weapon
          12345 Lyra = Lyra pentagram with all the slots

Since the game is going towards element dmg, Lyra is the best pentagram if you are going to lvl up by yourself since it gives your more probability to do punish dmg.

1235 is cheaper but you will lack elemental defense and 1245 is even cheaper but it will lack elemental dmg.

Originally posted by BBRG View Post
        There is no best class. If you are talking about end-game leveling (at level 1000+), it is currently being dominated by SM, EMG, ADL and ARF/ERF.
        The reason for it is that the newer maps are lack of balance. Monsters have way too high defense that dealing normal damage is very difficult and ineffective, so players resort to using punish and ignore defense options, that favor characters with the highest attack speed. DL has the fastest attack speed in the game (AGI/10) while SM is also AGI/10 but with less stats. EMG can dual wield sword to get fast speed at AGI/15 and have superior coverage when enhance skill tree is unlocked.
        ERF work on his own way that he has the highest ignore defense rate (by his own buff) to make up for the slower speed, but this makes him much more fragile compared to the characters that focus on AGI to gain speed mentioned eariler, making him party only.
        ARF is still dominant for spot ks.

But you are talking about level 400~500... which is like season 7. For solo play I guess summoner will level up the fastest at this level range if there is no budget limit.

Bear in mind that leveling up is meaningless without gear. With cheap gear at level 500, in terms of effectiveness you are like 200 levels behind a character at that is properly equipped. Common budget requirement for ML character is 500~1200b, without this budget frankly speaking your character is trash that you shouldn't be playing it to be honest, because you are not gaining progress at a pace that is reasonable. A level 700 character with trash gear is going to be inferior to a level 500 character with proper gear in every way despite similar kill speed against the same monster, as you will gain less exp, less zen and cost more zen to use MU helper. The level 700 character with trash gear will be like unplayable slow progress, while the level 500 character with proper gear will gain fast exp and achieve a higher profit margin for afk in terms of jewels and zen gained, in preparation for the next level gear you are going to need them as you level up.

If you play using trash items, you will fall under the power curve and unable to afford gear for your character forever (unless you p2p which is exactly webzen's marketing strategy).

Work your way to gain this bless, and buy the stuff your character really in need, then leveling up will not be an issue as your character become powerful and effective at doing its job. You can basically become successful playing any class using this method so class doesn't really matter and I always recommend you play the class you liked most, then learn how to play that character in a effective way.

If you are really broke and have no plans for p2p, I recommend tank class hunter (ABK, AE, AMG, and AGL) because these are playable at lower budget, and their performance are excellent at the hunt when properly equipped. SGL is a party play character, it is not meant to be efficient for solo although it can be done. For solo farming, ABK/AE/AMG or AGL with 500b equip can achieve comparable performance as an SGL with 1000b equip.
        Thanks for the answers.

Well, I'm broke if those are the prices. I have about.. 40 raw bless I think.
        Is there a specific ADL build you have in mind? My current DL was originally strength based and I'm unsure whether I have too much strength now to fix it.

I'm not against some P2P gameplay, however, how much would be required? Would gold channel access be enough?
        Any tips on how to increase my bless count so I can get some proper gear?
        Helheim

Comment

Working...
        X