Blader Class Guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blader Class Guide

Seeing as there are no guides yet on the topic or the class,and the observation that the class is neglected on the ranking,I decided to make a quick guide about the class and the things you should consider while playing it.

Basic weapon types:

Dual Wield-Although you need to bother getting 2 good pieces to deal good dmg,the choice of using the dual wield is much better for the tank and support role,because the default bonus of the normal attacks,heals you for 0.5% of the max health,and considering your attacks speed is high,you will be leeching back the health from every hit.

Greatsword-The default bonus from wielding the greatsword is a 5% attack bonus boost,which by itself is equal to 50 soul points,along with the passive,all of the default attacks unlike dual wield,aoe with each hit(with dual wield its every 2nd/3rd/4th hit depending on the attack),meaning that its the better choice for a dps role.Another aspect of using the greatsword over dual wield,is that its cheaper,you need less chances in enchanting,you need to reroll less stats,and you need to imprint less,and repair less.

The roles Blader can fulfill:

*Support type-The Blader has a few supporting skills that provide the party a bonus of some sort,be it a dmg boost,a reduction to incoming dmg,slow effect,stun,defence reduction and having a high attack speed while using dual wield,it lets the Blader proc support based artifact quite easily

*Tank type-The Blader as a melee class,has a high defence stat on the gear,and combined with the life leech it has while dual wielding,it can safely tank default attacks from bosses,while healing itself,two charge abilities to avoid big attacks,aggro abilities,and skills to either make you invulnerable,make you absorb dmg(while some healing for a % absorbed),or raise your hp pool by twice,leaving you the choice to run away,or tank even the bigger attacks from bosses

*DD type-Most likely the reason you came choosing the Blader,is because you want a melee damage dealer class,worry not,the Blader takes a very balanced place between the single target Whisper and the aoe Warmage,being the most mobile class out of all,having both aoe to clear packs that you gathered with a channeled whirlwind combined with default attacks that can be used on single target as well,along with high penetration default attacks,defence reduction skills,dot on elite gem skills and more.

The Soul Skills:

First of all I have to note that its my personal preference,I still didnt try every combination out there,but its based on the amount each stat increases,and the bonuses they give at different stages.

Max hp-Raises the max health of your char.This stat is special along the gear stat as well,because you can’t roll max health,unless its a fixed stat.The bonus you will be getting when you hit 30 points in it,it will heal you by 3% of the damage you dealt,which we Bladers rely on quite a lot for survival

Defence-Like I said before,unlike Warmage and Whisper,the defence stat on bladers gear is relevant,with a mythic chest enchanted to +5,you get around 1k points.Each point spent in this soul skill gives you 0.4% extra defence.At lvl 30,you get 3% additional defence for every hit you take,raising up to 9%.At lvl 60,which is what we are aiming for,you get a 5% conversion from defence to attack.The reason we would like to get defence to 60,is explained with a quick math example-from a +5 chest you get 1k defence,then you get an extra 24% at lvl 60 from the points spent in the tree,and additional 9% from the hits,and then taking 5% from it to attack meaning-(1000*1.24)*1.09*0.05=67.58,so basicly you get an extra 70 attack from nowhere.

Evasion-The evasion stat is quite amazing by itself,because it just gives you a chance to be invulnerable to an attack,and it can be capped at 50%(meaning invulnerable to every 2nd attack).Although the stat per point is low,the bonus you get at 30 is amazing as a blader.Even if you don’t hit the evasion cap,Bladers have a skill called Redemption,that lasts 2s by default,and it makes you evade all attacks in those 2 secs.The bonus at lvl 30 gives you a chance to heal for 5% of max hp every time you evade an enemy attack.While its situational,its very convenient to gather a group of mobs,deal dmg to it,getting low hp,activating Redemption,triggering the bonus effect and healing back the hp you lost.Combining this and the Allegro artifact that decreases the attack and defence of the mobs around you,and at lvl 20 dealing dmg whenever you evade twice,can bring decent results.

MP Recovery-Raising the stat wont bring you any additional bonus more the any other class,but at lvl 30,not only do you get a decent mp recovery,your basic attacks recover 20% mp per hit.The reason why its a decent pick for Blader is because you cancel animation with default attack chained to whirlwind.

CD Reduction-Most of the interesting Blader skills come with a great cooldown,the cap for cdr is 50%,meaning you will have to wait only half of the time to use the skill again.Lets take the skill Reversed Rage skill,which has a 60 cooldown,while lasting 15sec without any crests.The skill by itself is a must have,because it’s an aura that raises your health by twice,increases mp recovery by twice,and dealing dmg to all the monsters in vacinity,with cdr 50% you will have it on every other 15sec(without any crests).The great part about hitting CDR lvl 60,is that it gives you a random chance of reset the cooldown on skill,so even if you have cdr of 0,there is a chance that the bonus will proc,and you will be able to use the skill once again when the effect ends.

*Once again,this is my personal preference,and Im sure there are many other things that can work,so don’t take anything as set in the stone,and not changeble.

Artifact pick:

There are quite a few decent artifacts you can pick and the artifact affects the style you will be playing,and although most of them can be played solo or in a team,you still should choose carefully:

Rainbow-The community favorite pick,the trigger mechanic for the artifact is a chance(which raises with the artifact lvl) on every hit,meaning that the best way to trigger it,is to stack a lot of attacks on the screen,and raising the attack speed.
    The ability of the artifact when it triggers,is that it gives you a minor bonus similar to the shrines you can pick in the rift.The lvl 20 bonus ability gives you a chance to get a rainbow buff,which is a combination of the other minor buffs,and the great part about it,is that they stack.This artifact is a solo buff,and doesnt affect your party member.

Sunrise-My personal favorite pick,the trigger mechanic is the same as rainbow,a chance to trigger on every hit.
    The ability of the artifact,when it triggers,it pops white bubbles on the floor(the same as ordinary buffs),and whenever you pick it,it deals a damage equal to around 600% of your attack,most of the time it drops 2 or more bubbles,letting you deal quite a lot of dmg.The bonus effect of sunrise,is a purple bubble is dropped,and whoever picks it,gets a huge amount of attack added for 3 sec(similar to purple shrine).The bubbles that are dropped can be picked by everyone,so either you or someone else can use them.

Although these two are great when there are lots of mobs,it is quite hard to trigger them when you are facing only one boss,the reason why you should change an artifact for single target:

Frenzy-An easy and great pick to boost your single target dmg.The trigger for the artifact is much more convenient,it triggers for 2sec when you hit something,stacking up to 10 times.
    The ability of the artifact,is it raises your Attack by 1% with each hit(depending on the lvl of the artifact).The bonus effect at lvl 20,is when you get to 10 stacks,it boosts all speed by 15%,making the artifact great pick for single target.

Hysteria-If you are willing to invest,this will be your end game single target artifact,but you should note that unless you hit the cap of critical rate(30%) or close to it,its better to take something else.There are no trigger mechanic for the artifact,but it reduces your attack by third,while raising your crit damage.
    The bonus you get from lvl 20 hysteria is a chance to that your critical attack will deal additional 400% damage.Lets take the optional case scenario with 30% crit rate and 450% crit damage(which some of it you get from the artifact),and dealing the bonus at lvl 20-out of 10 attacks,3 will be critical with bonus,

(7*0.66)+(3*0.66*8.5)=21.45(multiplier of your attack per 10 hits)
    and without hysteria,lets say 200 crit dmg with 1.3 crit rate, (7)+(3*1*2)=13(multiplier of you attack per 10 hits)
    Hopefully my math is right,if not then screw the artifact.

Allegro-A great pick for going support/tank role.The trigger for the artifact is you dodging an attack.
    The effect of the artifact is it decreases the attack and defence of the mobs around you by some amount(depends on the lvl of the artifact).The bonus effect of the artifact it deals damage around you when you dodge twice in a row,with 20sec cd.

Stats:
    The stats you would want to consider going for on your equip,is depending on the Artifact you chose to go for.
    There are some stats that people think its a nobrainer to go for first,like crit rate for an example,but thats not always the case.I wont be telling you which stats to raise or not,but ill give you things to consider.
    Crit rate-Prioritizing going for crit rate first may sound like a good idea to maximize the dmg output,but forget about the crit damage aspect.The default crit dmg,is set to 125%,so whenever you deal a critical hit,you only deal 125% of your usual hit.To empathize this,lets use number.We will take as an example 10% crit rate by default with two dual wielding sword,when in one case both get a stat of 15% crit dmg each,and on the other case they get a 5% crit rate bonus each.
    1st case-10 crit rate,155 crit damage-[(9*100)+(1*155)]/10=105.5
    2nd case-20 crit rate,125 crit damage- [(8*100)+(2*125)]/10=105
    Although even after looking at the numbers,it doesnt mean that crit rate is worse in every situation,it can get really good if you get a high crit damage,and even more then,when you are using Hysteria artifact.

Attack speed-In most case scenarios you would think that attack speed affects the number of ticks your whirlwind would do when you spin it,making attack speed an overall multiplier to the dmg,but thats not completely the case.Although it doesnt affect the number of ticks in the whirlwind,it does affect the speed of your default attack,making it faster to animation cancel whirlwind,and restart it again,giving you a slight dmg boost.Another aspect you should take a note,is that Attack speed get a bigger bonus while using dual wield instead of a greatsword,meaning that stacking attack speed with dual wield grants you a higher dps bonus then greatsword.

HP and HP Recovery-As a blader you get a good life leech,both as dual wield passive,and as "Blood Pillage" default attack of greatsword,the reason why i think HP recovery is a dead stat to get on gear.Raising the max pool of your Health is situational,if you are using Reversed Rage,then raising life is kinda pointless,because you wont be getting 1 shot in any case,if you dont use Reversed rage then it may be a good idea to look for health on your gear,considering the fact that the passive from dual wielding heals you based on the max hp you have.

Attack and Defense Penetration-This one is a little bit tricky,for now i would pick getting Attack because of the lack of information about the defense stat on the mobs health.The case you would bother getting Defense penetration instead of Attack,is if it will be confirmed by the developers that monsters have enough defense to decrease the damage by 50%,basically it will mean that getting Defense Penetration will be a direct multiplier to the attack,making the stat really great.
    Mana cost reduction-Personally I didnt find any mana problems,but that because most of the skills I use are buffs,if you have lots of active skills,just keep in mind that you dont need to get as much as possible,just get enough to sustain yourself

Evasion/All Damage Reduction-Both are good,but you need to choose one.All damage reduction,like the name implies,decreases all damage received by the percent shown,the reason why its better then the defence stat and the efficience you will be getting from high defence combined with high all damage reduction is lower then with a lower defence:
    Lets say you get hit for 10k without any defence,after 40% dmg reduction you will get hit for 6k,after that the all damage reduction comes in(lets say 10%),and you will get dmged for 5.4k in the end(meaning a bonus of 600 health),while if you had only 20% reduction from defence and the same 10% in all dmg reduction,you will be dmged for 7.2k(but all damage reduction saves you 800 health).Evasion on the other hand,is a 100% multiplier to your survivability,if you have 50% evasion,you will be getting hit once every 2 hits,meaning instead of getting dmged for 20k in 2 hits,you will be dmged for 10k in 2 hit,the problem with evasion is that its like throwing a cube,even with 50% if your luck is crappy,you might not evade an attack even for the whole run,but well,if thats your luck,i would advice you not to leave the house.

Cooldown reduction-Unlike many other dps stats,this one is imo the most useful .Cooldown reduction acts as a multiplier and not an additive bonus to your stats,the reason for that,is because while you on your chart the default attack is the highest dmging or whirlwind,most of the damage comes when you have your buffs up.If you are running reversed rage,you can have it 100% time up running,meaning not only the extra hp,and another dot for the damage you are dealing every sec,but also the 100% mp recovery.The skills instead of recharging for 30sec,will be recharging in 15sec,while lasting for 10sec,meaning instead of last 1/3rd of the whole time,will last 2/3rd of the time,making 50% cdr almost a 100% dmg boost.
    Movement speed on boots-The stat is great,if you are running rifts/bc.Otherwise,its a dead stat in most cases,and its better to switch it off to something else on the list

*Will edit sooner or later about best in slot equipment and skills

Last edited by ABear; 18-11-17, 07:39 PM.

Thank you for this great guide!

I would like to know more about what stats you are prioritizing for items.
    currently I'm trying to find mostly attack and crit rate. am I doing it right for my blader?
    Also, I put 30 soul points on crit rate. should I switch to what you said?

Thanks!

Comment

Ah man! I was looking for a good blader guide thanks! My blader (alt) is reaching max level.

Webzen Portal | Support Portal | Facebook
      Join the official Mu Legend Discord!
      Webzen moderators will never ask you for your password!

Comment

Originally posted by FakeMelon5 View Post
        Thank you for this great guide!

I would like to know more about what stats you are prioritizing for items.
        currently I'm trying to find mostly attack and crit rate. am I doing it right for my blader?
        Also, I put 30 soul points on crit rate. should I switch to what you said?

Thanks!
        Personally i dont think going raising in any stat in the Attack tab,besides critical damage is worth it,
        the reason why I didnt mention it in the guide
        But once again,what i wrote in the guide,is my personal preference,and as you can see in the screenshots,it works

Comment

For gear you generally want to hit for stat rolls that have Attack/Crit Rate/HP/CDR on them. I built mine mainly for PvP in mind for the future when 3v3's come out but this is the bulk of the stats blader should consider on gear. As for priority, crit rate to 30% should be first, rest are preference.

Comment

Originally posted by ABear View Post

Personally i dont think going raising in any stat in the Attack tab,besides critical damage is worth it,
            the reason why I didnt mention it in the guide
            But once again,what i wrote in the guide,is my personal preference,and as you can see in the screenshots,it works
            Thank you,
            what about the item stats?

Comment

Waiting for your BIS name items and their stats for 2h and 2 swords

Comment

Added item stats

Comment

Originally posted by ABear View Post
                  Added item stats
                  What a priority stats for myth greatsword?

Comment

Nice guide.
                    You know how crest work? like attack in the buff skills

Comment

wating to see your skill bar set up for each role really want to try and go blader and be among the few to maybe be actually good at it.

Comment

Thank you for this guide !

Comment

Can anyone please explain the Whirlwind skill ? Ive heard about skill cancel, what that this means? I see people are spining all the time without depleting mana, how??

Comment

Originally posted by Dilemas View Post
                            Can anyone please explain the Whirlwind skill ? Ive heard about skill cancel, what that this means? I see people are spining all the time without depleting mana, how??
                            Hold Whirlwind + WeaponSkill (LMB (left click)) at the same time on a target. That way the skills cancel each others animations.

Comment

your soul stats seem wrong. everyone saying defence is garbage. blader need to go 30 healt max crit chance- evasion and then attack. blader is like a berseker in this game. big dmg big healing from life steal. best defence is killing stuff faster and defence come from healing+eva. its hard to get good crit chance without soul stats and crit inc dmg by ALOT. must have
                              Last edited by Zakariusqc; 20-11-17, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X