Thoughts about MU Legend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts about MU Legend

If you can read this - it means MOD watched Avatar and is quite open-minded. Kudos But to the point...

Between DC's something hit me - how is that possible that company that was one of the best MMO dev's in '00s who created a whole universe of MU, then created (actually converted) it to mobile phones where it's one of the best MMO on the market, even it's unimaginably pay-to-win title with players spending HUNDREDS of dollars/euros WEEKLY for years now - can provide such ***** on PC. I mean I see 2 options:

1 - They either have so much cash from other titles that MU Legend is just some creation of bored programmer or aspiring intern
    2 - They have already abandoned this project while ago and now just squeezing whatever they can from our pockets as they realized most of us is here because of sentiment and will play anyway

In MU ORIGIN (mobile version of MU) they can provide fun login-style events pretty much every week. And awards are quite awesome, not like in MU LEGEND where after 30 days of login in we are getting some basic potions. Same story with collection-style events or actually... ANY EVENTS. That said the mobile version gets new stuff every couple months - new mounts, new enchantments, new whatever you call it - even if some players are paying insane amount of money to get it faster - still rest of community can kinda keep up (and btw - the new stuff usually looks AWESOME - not some dumb skiing outfit or heart shaped wings... FML).
    And IF anything goes wrong in MU ORIGIN they are fixing it in even twice a day with proper compensations, not like in MU LEGEND where we get some pity free entry key which after all is wasted since we got another DC... And so on... so on...

Wonder what are your thoughts

Oh wow Avatar, it has been years since i seen that.
    I actually remember going to a special movie theater just so i could see it in all it's glory.
    The quote you refer to is from the woman dr if i'm not mistaken

Back on to the topic i have already shared all the information Webzen has told us regarding the DC's in the other threads below this one. that's all we know and hear about this issue if i knew more i would of told you guys but there just isn't a update on it.

I understand the issues and you have a point you formulated it well and shows the proper concerns that many have right now i'll tag a CM in hopes to get a more in-detail answer for you then what we currently know.

Cheers!

Zehyll

Webzen Portal | Support Portal | Facebook
    Join the official Mu Legend Discord!
    Webzen moderators will never ask you for your password!

Comment

Originally posted by Vexius View Post
      I actually remember going to a special movie theater just so i could see it in all it's glory.

Back on to the topic i have already shared all the information Webzen has told us regarding the DC's in the other threads below this one. that's all we know and hear about this issue if i knew more i would of told you guys but there just isn't a update on it.

I understand the issues and you have a point you formulated it well and shows the proper concerns that many have right now i'll tag a CM in hopes to get a more in-detail answer for you then what we currently know.

Cheers!

Zehyll
      Thank You Vexius for this positive reply. It's great to feel like we have a mod that is actually on our side and taking our concerns forward. Speaking only for myself I started the game in August when it went to steam. I have enjoyed it and leveled several characters to 70 to keep myself interested. I really like the combat but I am now horribly bored as is the rest of my guild. They are not even logging in any more. The new content has to come sooner rather than later. I am watching for the first new ARPG to be released in 2019. There are some good looking ones coming as I'm sure you know. I am the type of person that once I leave a game, I tend not to come back. The urgency of getting more for us to do cannot be overstressed imho.
      Last edited by Evok50; 22-12-18, 06:34 PM.

Comment

"1 - They either have so much cash from other titles that MU Legend is just some creation of bored programmer or aspiring intern
        2 - They have already abandoned this project while ago and now just squeezing whatever they can from our pockets as they realized most of us is here because of sentiment and will play anyway"

Sadly Webzen doesn't understand the potential of the western market. On the asian market games get flipped very fast, in NA and EU people tend to have a different playstyle and stay with one game for years (unlike the mythological "chinese gold farmer"). Webzen ppl are not thinking it's worth the effort to make it playable for the western market...idk why, this is a large market, with money, and they could be making a lot more if they only bothered to. It's not just Webzen, other asian companies pull the same bs (*cough* NCsoft *cough*), M.O. being:

1. make a a pretty, shiny game
        2.launch it in Asia and hype it as much as you can so the western audience is drooling over it and following it for years before they can get it
        3. launch on the western market (with as little effort as possible), milk it hard for a few months, max a year, then proceed to not give a fk about the game or the playerbase
        4. rinse and repeat with a new game

Another thing touched in your post - the mobile games. That's another market for sure but the most dedicated gamers use the pc platform, watch some esports to see I'm right. Mobile=quick cash from games made for bored people who wanna kill some time (yes, I play some mobile games but they don't last long on my tablet or phone), pc game=long term, steady earnings for the company, loyal playerbase. Webzen chose the quick cash option and forgot the original MU was in fact a successful game and they tarnished their reputation with this "reboot" done so poorly instead of cashing from nostalgic MU players by doing it the right way.

Comment

I see Webzen has a big sale on Redzen currently. Sorry Webzen. When you show me some support by updating your game, I will consider supporting you by spending more money. Right now it just feels like an obvious cash grab for a game with a declining player base due to lack of company support.

Comment

https://gyazo.com/8141b9453c89f22756f226c0407d96e1

Saw this on discord today again confirmation on the DDOS attack.

Webzen Portal | Support Portal | Facebook
            Join the official Mu Legend Discord!
            Webzen moderators will never ask you for your password!

Comment

Cheers!

Zehyll
              Exactly! Dr Grace at the begining of the movie in their lab

I saw these posts about DDOS or something so I'm aware of some hardware/software troubles - which are not exactly dev's/game's fault I guess... but still thank you for joining the discussion.

Originally posted by Evok50 View Post

Thank You Vexius for this positive reply. It's great to feel like we have a mod that is actually on our side and taking our concerns forward. Speaking only for myself I started the game in August when it went to steam. I have enjoyed it and leveled several characters to 70 to keep myself interested. I really like the combat but I am now horribly bored as is the rest of my guild. They are not even logging in any more. The new content has to come sooner rather than later. I am watching for the first new ARPG to be released in 2019. There are some good looking ones coming as I'm sure you know. I am the type of person that once I leave a game, I tend not to come back. The urgency of getting more for us to do cannot be overstressed imho.
              Yeah it was nice of MOD to give some understanding about our concerns. It's way more satisfying than some copy-paste official announcement.

As for content I kinda lost a reason to logging in same as you - I mean it's always same drill - hit the dailies in Room of Duty (which for most of us are unimaginably boring since there is only Stage 5 which is basicaly sandpit - also the rewards are quite low even for mid-level players), run through dungeon in Noria and if I'm extra bored I sometimes hit 7 times same rift for talisman missions to get SHT'load of something in exchange for some common reward... oh boy.

Originally posted by Kayara View Post
              "1 - They either have so much cash from other titles that MU Legend is just some creation of bored programmer or aspiring intern
              2 - They have already abandoned this project while ago and now just squeezing whatever they can from our pockets as they realized most of us is here because of sentiment and will play anyway"

Sadly Webzen doesn't understand the potential of the western market. On the asian market games get flipped very fast, in NA and EU people tend to have a different playstyle and stay with one game for years (unlike the mythological "chinese gold farmer"). Webzen ppl are not thinking it's worth the effort to make it playable for the western market...idk why, this is a large market, with money, and they could be making a lot more if they only bothered to. It's not just Webzen, other asian companies pull the same bs (*cough* NCsoft *cough*), M.O. being:

1. make a a pretty, shiny game
              2.launch it in Asia and hype it as much as you can so the western audience is drooling over it and following it for years before they can get it
              3. launch on the western market (with as little effort as possible), milk it hard for a few months, max a year, then proceed to not give a fk about the game or the playerbase
              4. rinse and repeat with a new game

Another thing touched in your post - the mobile games. That's another market for sure but the most dedicated gamers use the pc platform, watch some esports to see I'm right. Mobile=quick cash from games made for bored people who wanna kill some time (yes, I play some mobile games but they don't last long on my tablet or phone), pc game=long term, steady earnings for the company, loyal playerbase. Webzen chose the quick cash option and forgot the original MU was in fact a successful game and they tarnished their reputation with this "reboot" done so poorly instead of cashing from nostalgic MU players by doing it the right way.
              Well I didn't have so much recognition about the asian market so it's quite interesting. Also it explains a lot of things... Wonder if asian players also paying loads of money to get some boost or they're more likely tend to farm for 12h/day.

https://gyazo.com/8141b9453c89f22756f226c0407d96e1

Saw this on discord today again confirmation on the DDOS attack.
              I REALLY hope that at least compensation this time will be proper. I mean it's at least week of Platinum package for some of us, also a bit of potential items which we could get, lot of entries wasted... . If they give another Growth Stones with some potions and maybe imprints in my opinion it'll be a sign they really don't care about our community... That said it's also funny since there are so few really worthy items I even can't imagine what really would be a nice compensation or X-Mas gift. Maybe some high end cubes with 65+ items with fixed options or some Growth Box with 65+ set items... But this leads to whole re-think about game balance, items and in-game duties which probably will happen somewhere around never...

Comment

ArthasPL - I used to play on Oceanic servers (other games) and they seem to have their big spenders too, the amounts of money i saw being thrown in a browser game was astounding. Idk how long they stay interested in one game though, the asian players are very competitive and reach endgame and top gear much faster than the rest (I played mostly with pinoy and japanese people, not many koreans) then they move on.

Comment

Hi there,

Sorry for jumping here so late after the debate, I was off last week, as many people in this period of the year.

I don’t know where to start as many things have been said so I’ll try to keep it short and clear, which I tend to…fail most of the time (see, already 3 lines to say absolutely nothing relevant!)

1) I changed the title, I was not very inspired but having “pissing on us” was not ok^^.

2) The DC issue was such a pain… I hope it’s now behind us. It seems to be dealt with, but as DDOS attacks are not technical issues you just fixe and it’s gone, I will be careful and just hope we are now in the clear (also I’m not exactly a technician and to be quite honest I’m just repeating what I understood about the situation).

3) Events provided in MU Origin compared to MU Legend.

I understand your point, yet I think you have to take other things into account as well. Both games are Webzen games so at least here you must trust my objectivity as I’d be happy whatever which of the 2 games you like most.

I can say that MU Legend requires much more support that MU Origin. That’s normal as they don’t have the same cost, the same need of maintenance work and additional content as they are for different platforms and of different size and complexity. To sum it up. MU Origins, as a mobile game was indeed an awesome success first of all. And when I say “awesome” I’m not exaggerating, it was incredibly popular in different part of the world, mostly in Asia, and it’s a game that was release as an “all” with it’s content and almost “finale form” meaning that developers and the team in general working on the game were mostly working on providing content to the players such as events, buffs, contest and rewards. There are also differences between Mobile and PC that make the game less demanding.

Mu Legend on the contrary, is a massive piece of work. It doesn’t mean it’s better, that’s up to anybody’s taste, but MU Legend is way more demanding and that’s a fact regardless of our own personal taste. All this to say, it’s not about caring about MU Legend, technically, we have more people working on MUL than on Origin. But we have also more problems on MUL than on Origin. So it’s a bit more complicated than that.

This being said, I do ear what you say and if you feel that the rewards are not good enough, or that there is not enough content and you get bored, it’s something that we must address, and it’s obviously not what we want.

We had a lot of internal changes recently, from September to today, I would say we went in a transition period. We got a new Producer, a new team structure, we had several meetings to acknowledge what was good, what was bad, what we need to change and how we want to make MU Legend in 2019. Many of the things you said here were addressed and we are neither blind or deaf. We understand you guys expect more from us on different aspects and we also believe MU Legend is a good game with a lot of issues that are not directly related to the quality of the game itself but more like parasites like bugs and issues that we should have either address faster or prevented. This is honestly my biggest regret so far. Obviously no game is perfect and even without those issues, maybe the content will have not be enough for some of you, or you would not like the PvP, the PvE, the lack of this or that, but from what I have seen over the last year, most issues and complains where related to DC issues, bugs, lags, bots at the release of the OBT, the economy which are all, no gameplay issue. Only after that you’d find the Content, the balance, and other gameplay related points.

4) Content.

I don’t want to make any promises or give wrong information as I know how things can evolve and I’m immune to this rookie mistake that I have done too many times on too many different games. But what I can tell you is that this is one of the strong points on which insisted our new direction. Our producer is aware our community is asking for more content and more regularly to keep the interest running.

I knew I couldn’t make it short and I still feel like I’ve only addressed half the things mentioned.

5) Happy new year!

Ok that’s irrelevant, but I wish you all a happy new year, have fun tonight, and be careful as well 😊

Comment

1) I understand - thankfully you were busy enough beacuse of the period of the year so it held out a while

2) Happens to the best Only hope it's just because of some minor bugs rather then producer's being stingy about servers

3/4) I can imagine that MUL is massive content to run, since I guess it's a new engine, new models, new scripts and so on to provide - so some technical issues are always a thing. Also a lot (or probably most) of it has to be invented from scratch more or less (whole storyline, missions, dialogues and so on) so we got 2 parallel agendas to work on. That said we're still in OBT so it's kinda sandpit for developers to check what works and what's not. My only concern as we already hit 1 year period is IF producers will meet deadline with player's expectations and we'll get a proper game any time soon.

The taste itself is not a thing for me - I mean of course I'd rather have some badass looking Warmage with dope weapons or shields and wings - but maybe (judging from Fortnite look) I'm just some oldschool player and now pink-crazy-candy vibe is a thing.
                    What really concerns me is pretty obvious and actually narrow way to build a character. Every class got couple items/skills/artifacts which are go-to's (and 80% of other stuff is worthless), with actually only one way to get it - luck on some end game content with top guild on server since the most desired dungeons are not scalable. If you are single player (like me) who plays on very different parts of day/night you can actually forget about getting those items. Also craftable items which I suppose should be some kind of substitute are waaay weaker than their 'dung'equivalent. And even if I'd be willing to pay some money for such stuff there is no way I cany get it either on Tradehouse or Legend Shop.
                    That leads us to the in-game balance which is about some hardcore players who farm a lot (need time), obviously with their guild (need time at certain part of day), also are paying some cash for Platinum status and RedZen for some overpriced pets/talismans. There is nothing between Full-HC-OP with top of a foodchain guild and some casual player willing to have fun. The balance I see now isn't really encouraging for starting/mid-lvl players since every time I log into game I see how much stronger those HC players get. It's not like some linear or even sine wave where everyone got some chances and the stronger you get the harder it is. It's rather hyperbolic where low/mid-level (even worse if they don't have a guild) players are screwed and those HC playeres who are getting massive amount of territory priviliges, stones, boost from shrines and so on.
                    And at this point - I'm not really sure if those 50-150 people from top guilds will pay the bills for the whole server since for me - there's not much I would or even could buy... I'm also aware that twisted P2W might also kill the game but I think it should be a huge thing to think about for the producer.

That said I'm very pleased that "something" is going on inside the company. Hope that this new team is an evolution of people from the CBT1/2/OBT rather than cost-cutting and kicking out best workers because of closing the project in long shot. However, due to the producer's awareness of community I guess we might finally expect some new things at least because of his greed (which is perfectly understandable) I'd really enjoy loging into MUL like I do in MUO on every weekend to see what's new, what new event is on, what cool stuff is to get just by 1h a day if I don't have time to spend. I think you really got tools to get it done right.

5) It was relevant - I had so much fun on NYE I missed your greetings and finally have time to respond Hope you had fun too

Comment

Working...
                    X