MU Legends - New player experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MU Legends - New player experience

I've picked up this game a couple of days ago. Here is my experience with it so far.

Visually, the game is stunning. I love the fact that they took all the good parts from other games and implemented it into this one:

- the combo killing system
    - the way rifts work
    - engaging boss encounters
    - themed bosses

All of those gave me a great leveling experience so far.

The game seems very well polished, highly user friendly, with a lot of thought put into making the experience as smooth as possible:

- autowalking by clicking on map or minimap
    - the vendor system
    - disenchanting is as easy as pressing 2 buttons
    - sorting your items is done automatically by pressing one button
    - the user interface is very intuitive

The classes themselves seem to have a nice theme to them, they are different in playstyle, and visually appealing. I would like to be able choose my character's gender, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

So far I've enjoyed Dark Lord class the most. The outburst of fire from the skills reminds me of a volcano explosion. Just raw power, going along with very cool looking gear.

First of all, I must say, I haven't had this much fun in a very long time. Straight from low levels, you get access to dungeons, and challenging content. This is crucial for a new player.

The game is well populated, and there's always someone to find running around in your areas.

I see that the game has micro-transactions, but I could not care less about that. I am a working engineer, I don't have the time to get to top tier pvp. As long as I'm enjoying the game, this whole pay to win point is mute to me.

However.......

When talking about the game's community, here is where all the good things I could say end. So far I have yet to see more than 1-2 lines of text be spoken in english in global chats. Mostly russian or some other languages.

People seem to be highly unfriendly in general. I couldn't get anyone to answer a few simple questions in local chat. Only when I came to the forums I've got to actually have a decent conversation with someone.

On the forums there seem to be this wave of people with low english skills that have a very negative attitude towards the game and the developers, mostly rude even.

I have yet to join a guild, once I do this, my perspective on the game's community might change.

So far, the bottom line for me would be: amazing quality of the game, very low quality community (sadly).

I have yet to experience end game, I'm hoping the gameplay will continue to be just as fun then too.

Alvere.
    Last edited by Alvere; 28-11-17, 07:51 PM.

Welcome to the game, I'm glad you are enjoying the game play so far. I really hope your experiences with the gaming community improves as well. Please let me know if you need any help with anything on the forums, I may be able to direct you to the right place.

Webzen Portal | Submit a Support Ticket | Facebook
    Join the official MU Legend Discord!
    ~~~

Webzen moderators will never ask you for your password!

Comment

Nicely constructed feedback. Might I ask what server you're on?

I also agree with the apparent language barrier. MU is the only game I have played where English is not the most common. It's diverse, which is nice, but it's also helpful being able to understand the rest of the players. For me, joining a guild seemed to be the way to go for finding similar players speaking my language.
      Need to Submit a Support Ticket? Click Here
      Official Forum Rules and Guidelines
      Remember: GMs and Mods will NEVER request your account credentials.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChaotic View Post
        Nicely constructed feedback. Might I ask what server you're on?

I also agree with the apparent language barrier. MU is the only game I have played where English is not the most common. It's diverse, which is nice, but it's also helpful being able to understand the rest of the players. For me, joining a guild seemed to be the way to go for finding similar players speaking my language.
        Thank you, I am playing on Muren. I have applied to different "Player Growth" and "Social" guilds, through the ingame guild indexing system (another great addition by the way). None of them have accepted me so far, but I will keep on looking.

Comment

You may have better luck finding a good guild that speaks the same language on the forums guild recruiting section. You'll be able to screen the guilds and look for something that more fits your play style, and personality that way as well. I would just hate for you to accidentally end up joining a guild where nobody understands each other. I've seen that happen and it's a pain because there is a 3 day wait between leaving a guild and joining the next one. I like the feature, it prevents guild hopping, but it's also a pain when you accidentally join the wrong guild due to there being a lack of guild descriptions in the guild finder in the game.

Webzen Portal | Submit a Support Ticket | Facebook
          Join the official MU Legend Discord!
          ~~~

Webzen moderators will never ask you for your password!

Comment

We all started with positivity... I am sure in 2 weeks of grinding lab your opinion will change... Till then enjoy hiting level 65 that was best part after that its all downhill....

Comment

Nice, you show us the positive view of this game and i realy enjoyed reading this! I wish you have a great time in the game and i hope you find a good guild but i have to ask...

Originally posted by Alvere View Post
              However.......

When talking about the game's community, here is where all the good things I could say end. So far I have yet to see more than 1-2 lines of text be spoken in english in global chats. Mostly russian or some other languages.

People seem to be highly unfriendly in general. I couldn't get anyone to answer a few simple questions in local chat. Only when I came to the forums I've got to actually have a decent conversation with someone.

On the forums there seem to be this wave of people with low english skills that have a very negative attitude towards the game and the developers, mostly rude even.

Alvere.

Did you know that there are other languages on the planet besides english? Did you know that there are older languages on the planet ? You should be thankful that people from the rest of the world can speak even very bad english so you can understand them a bit! Why don't you learn each language of the planet and IF you talk perfectly then yes, judge people!

And one last thing...not speaking perfect english has NOTHING to do with being unfriendly or negative attitude towards the game or anyone! Even masters of english language can be negative, so please...!!!

Comment

• Chaotic
                Chaotic commented
                Editing a comment
                you have got to be kidding me..

Originally posted by KingN View Post
              Nice, you show us the positive view of this game and i realy enjoyed reading this! I wish you have a great time in the game and i hope you find a good guild but i have to ask...

Did you know that there are other languages on the planet besides english? Did you know that there are older languages on the planet ? You should be thankful that people from the rest of the world can speak even very bad english so you can understand them a bit! Why don't you learn each language of the planet and IF you talk perfectly then yes, judge people!

And one last thing...not speaking perfect english has NOTHING to do with being unfriendly or negative attitude towards the game or anyone! Even masters of english language can be negative, so please...!!!
              You completely misunderstood the OP.

Comment

• KingN
                KingN commented
                Editing a comment
                Please, explain to me!

Originally posted by Asfalter View Post

You completely misunderstood the OP.
              My thoughts exactly. Give it a rest, KingN. We don't need people talking condescendingly on every forum post.
              Need to Submit a Support Ticket? Click Here
              Official Forum Rules and Guidelines
              Remember: GMs and Mods will NEVER request your account credentials.

Comment

• KingN
                KingN commented
                Editing a comment
                You completely misunderstood me. I am not talking condescendingly on every forum post.

The other day some guy whispered me something i coudnt understand. I assumed it was spanish so i told the dude, that i was sorry that i dont speak spanish. He then started insulting me in english that it was brazilian and that i should go kill myself and uninstall all video games i had. I was shocked lol.

Comment

I have to say I really like this game since the closed beta. The changes eh it happens but I always love grind fest games.

Comment

Enjoy leveling and grinding, but don't be frustrate on some unfixed issue. Start Joining Guild that has no requirement on CP.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyLiana View Post
                    You may have better luck finding a good guild that speaks the same language on the forums guild recruiting section. You'll be able to screen the guilds and look for something that more fits your play style, and personality that way as well. I would just hate for you to accidentally end up joining a guild where nobody understands each other. I've seen that happen and it's a pain because there is a 3 day wait between leaving a guild and joining the next one. I like the feature, it prevents guild hopping, but it's also a pain when you accidentally join the wrong guild due to there being a lack of guild descriptions in the guild finder in the game.
                    I did not know about the downtime which prevents guild hoping. I will definitely take your advice and start looking for a guild over the forums. The general consensus seems to be that this is the best thing to do for a new player.

KingN my point was that as a new player it is hard to get to know people when you dont understand a word from what they are saying. It can get lonely when you first start out in the game because of this.

I am hoping to keep enjoying the game at high level as well, especially with the new additions that keep rolling in such as the latest announced pvp content.
                    Last edited by Alvere; 29-11-17, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlyaim View Post
                      I have to say I really like this game since the closed beta. The changes eh it happens but I always love grind fest games.
                      I am glad to see I am not the only one

Comment

Working...
                      X