Performance issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance issue

This problem has been around since CBT1 but doesn't seem to get fixed yet (actually it's even worse now). And it seems to happen with many people, not just myself.

Basically you start the game with great framerate (>60fps in town at max settings on my GTX 1060), but after a while, the performance drops down drastically (under 10fps if you're playing Endless Tower) and the only way to get it fixed is to quit the game and start it again.

At first I thought it only happens in dungeons with lots of mob, but yesterday I was leaving my PC idle where there are only a few things moving around, and it happened after only 20 minutes. It comes with corrupted audio by the way.

I also have noticed that the game uses ridiculously high CPU and GPU power. My CPU and GPU always seem to reach their limit even though they have no problem playing many AAA tiles at max settings. Whenever I launch the game, I see 385-399fps at the title screen, 200fps at the character selection screen, 90fps in town, then after a while everything becomes 10-25fps with broken audio. I just don't see the point of maxing out CPU and GPU usage all the time when the performance drop is so huge. Please add an option to limit fps to 60 or 30 when you release the game. Thanks.

Man you have throttle problem on your cpu.Your temps are to high also.You will lose your cpu sooner or later.

Comment

Well, I've never seen it happened with any other game. I play Street Fighter V quite often but my CPU usually only goes up to 64C at high load. However MuL alone uses like 30% of my CPU at the title screen. Something is really wrong here.

Comment

Write me if i'm wrong here but from seeing the spec of you're pc you have above here, gives me the feeling that this is a stock pc you bought in the store. Maybe the video card has been a replacement but doubt it. Like Doomexe said you have a throttle problem to high temps for a none overclocked CPU, Could be the cool-past on CPU needs to be refreshed on that, cant tell you what the exact problem is cause there is so much that could be effect to it like poor CPU cooler, or small case so airflow isn't good.

Mine doesn't use 100% load on a i7-6700k, rather just 40% with max settings ingame. it's stable on temp with just 40-45c. Keep in mind the more people that are on server the lower fps you get no matter were you stand. Surely they know that that's why it's a part of beta testing. Also other programs could be a effect. Skype uses allot of load in the background >.< Antivirus could a problem in some games . loads of stuff could get you a fps drop!

Comment

Originally posted by Hallelujaah View Post
          Write me if i'm wrong here but from seeing the spec of you're pc you have above here, gives me the feeling that this is a stock pc you bought in the store. Maybe the video card has been a replacement but doubt it.Like Doomexe said you have a throttle problem to high temps for a none overclocked CPU, Could be the cool-past on CPU needs to be refreshed on that, cant tell you what the exact problem is cause there is so much that could be effect to it like poor CPU cooler, or small case so airflow isn't good.
          Nah, the only thing stock about my PC is the CPU fan. Other than that it's a custom build I bought 2 years ago. I can use a high speed fan but I don't really see the need since the Intel stock fan works fine in most cases nowadays. Plus my chasis doesn't seem to have bad airflow either since the temps are usually much lower than that. It's very rare for my CPU to reach 70C. MuL basically pushes my CPU as much as video encoders do.

Mine doesn't use 100% load on a i7-6700k, rather just 40% with max settings ingame. it's stable on temp with just 40-45c.
          Sounds interesting. This may mean that the game actually needs an i7 to run properly (like Crysis 3 at Very High settings from what I've seen on Youtube), and the devs haven't optimized for weaker CPUs.

Keep in mind the more people that are on server the lower fps you get no matter were you stand. Surely they know that that's why it's a part of beta testing. Also other programs could be a effect. Skype uses allot of load in the background >.< Antivirus could a problem in some games . loads of stuff could get you a fps drop!
          Well, I just monitored Skype processes again and they all have been using low load today, so it's not the issue. I don't have antivirus on my computer either. Other programs on my PC barely use any CPU from what I've seen.

Back to the topic, the main problem I have with this game is that it starts with very high fps, then quickly drops to unplayable after about 30 minutes, followed by broken audio. Almost every person I've played with in the past few days gets that too, and everyone has to restart the game after 2-3 rift or Blood Castle runs to get playable fps again. And the fact that the game does not have 60fps lock makes it waste a lot of GPU power and get my GPU heated up for unnecessary extra fps at launch. I know it's still beta but seeing that these issues have been around since CBT1 and still persist is a bummer since it has been almost 3 months. I really hope they'll fix these issues before launch.
          Last edited by Delacroix01; 28-02-17, 12:21 AM. Reason: fixed typos

Comment

• NirimetusHotte
            NirimetusHotte commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't recall, but doesn't it have a Vsync option in the settings? I'm almost sure I saw that, also, you can force Vsync using your GPU driver CP.
        Working...
        X