X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mecanik
    started a topic "Game Hack detected" - 100% False message

"Game Hack detected" - 100% False message

Good day, I ended up writing here after support has ... ignored me. Before I go into the details of this problem, I want to mention that my own company has a wide range of services from hosting to anti-hacking software ( which name I will not mention here because I do not want to advertise ).

I have been enjoying this game in my free time, also bought some stuff from the shop, platinum service as well, and today at the office I decided to remote inside my PC and log in my character to gather my Platinum bonus.

Well what do you think happened, after the update: "Game Hack detected". At first, I really thought it is my fault because I had "Test Signing" mode "On" due to my development of my security security software, testing was/is needed.

So I disabled it, restarted the PC: same result. I started shutting down applications like CCLeaner, Greenshot, everything I could, same result.

Then I go desperate and open a ticket for support ( which I never did before ), and they told me to check the forum for "known problems" - what known problems ?! You mean this ? http://forum.webzen.com/forum/en/mu-...tartup-problem

I see other people are having the same issues, and it is not fair. You invest time and money, and you wanna enjoy the game no ? Well... I don't know what to say.

What I can say is, that your "Game protection" is completely useless since others are using BOTS to make posts with "Sell ZEN 100 MIL = 10 Euros" and you should remove it so fair players can enjoy the game.

Seriously said from me, I did not even attempt to cheat. And trust me, I am a security developer I know what is running inside my PC.

Please resolve your problems with this crappy "Game Protection", so people can play...

• Oxrc
    replied
    Any news on when we'll be able to play with Hyper-V option enabled in Windows 10 64? @Webzen?

Leave a comment:

• KingDrake02
    replied
    So... a friend of mine actually encounters this problem since today aswell and we have no idea why that is. He said it happens after the latest windows 10 update. we where able to play just fine together yesterday.

He tried sofar to disabled Hyper-V, disabling Intel Virtualization Technology doesnt work either as he doesnt have intel. He also tried to reinstall the game and uninstalled stuff like Nox/Andy (which cant be the cause, because im running Nox in the background all the time aswell)

Any ideas what else could be the problem or maybe a approch as to how to solve this?

*EDIT*

We have solved the problem. Apparently Hyper-V keeps turning itself on again. After some research we discovered how to turn it off for sure:

http://www.poweronplatforms.com/enab...-windows-10-8/

*NOTE*: the actual solutions are in the comments
    Last edited by KingDrake02; 25-01-18, 07:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dobly
    replied
    Originally posted by Azaza View Post
    SOLVED for me
    if u have Intel processor than just enter BIOS and turn off Intel Virtualization Technology
    This fixed (if you can call it that) it for me too. Having to go to bios to get a game to run boggles my mind. I've had video card issues, i've disabled anti virus but having go into my bios to turn off a feature I NEED FOR WORK. Amateur an unbelievable.

Leave a comment:

• Dobly
    replied
    I'm a developer too.. And I installed MU today after watching LazyPeons video on it. Really looking forward to trying it out after many years of Diablo 3 play.

Alas it's not to be.

Windows 10 64bit. Creators update. Dev tools etc. Hack detected..

They have got to be kidding. Only the most popular pc operating system in the world, and their game cannot run on it?

How about the numbskull who coded the popup error (he is out there somewhere) changes the message to.. "A hack has been detected. Close Notepad++ and try again".

Leave a comment:

• Surecom
    replied
    fuck this game, i am so glad i dont spen any penni to this game, that dont allow me play due to virtual machines, hyper-v and etc. a lot of games that i play works well with these settings - fuck you support... you are the worst even than russian game providers

Leave a comment:

• FreezingS3
    replied
    I am actually using a virtual machine, since I have a Macbook and BootCamp was giving me WiFi connectivity issues. So I am running Win 10 Pro under VMWare. I installed the game properly, I can log in, update, launch, but when it is about to go to the server selection screen it shuts down and the Hack Detected message appears.

Hyper-V is disabled as far as I can see, but I suppose it is irrelevant since I am indeed running a virtual machine, but I don't understand how it is a problem.

Any clues on how to solve this for this situation?

Leave a comment:

• Mecanik
    replied
    To make things clear and help everyone else reading this: You do not have to disable Hyper-Threading if you have Windows 10. Disable Hyper-V feature from windows and that will suffice.

I cannot answer why they detect virtualization ( because A: you cannot inject the game from Virtual Machines ), B: Even if you were to run the game under Virtual Machine, what ?! and C: It does not stop the bots in game ), but I can tell you this is the solution.

Currently I am having a really hard time because I cannot use Hyper-V.

Leave a comment:

• Symcy
    replied
    Originally posted by HFZero View Post
    It`s been a week since i last was able to play , my platinium service just goes on and on ... no fix yet , and i don`t have access to my BIOS and can`t turn off Intel Virtual something .. and as far as professionals tell me that will reduce my CPU to 50% or less , so how long do i have to wait to get a fix ?
    I think some guys are mistaking Hyper-Threading with virtualization.
    If you disable hyperthreading it will decrease your overall CPU performance, and you just won't be able to get as much power out of it.

But virtualization is only there to allow you to have Hyper-V, VirtualBox, VMware and stuff like this. It doesn't impact on your performance that you can get from your CPU.
    So if you don't use any of those tools or running virtual machines on your PC, you can simply disable it (that's default in most cases). But if you are person like me, who need to have 1 Hyper-V for my own VPN, another one for work stuff and one more for web hosting ... yeah disabling this feature isn't an option.

Leave a comment:

• HFZero
    replied
    It`s been a week since i last was able to play , my platinium service just goes on and on ... no fix yet , and i don`t have access to my BIOS and can`t turn off Intel Virtual something .. and as far as professionals tell me that will reduce my CPU to 50% or less , so how long do i have to wait to get a fix ?

Leave a comment:

• Symcy
    replied
    Oh well at least now I know why I can't play this game.
    Unable to run this game if you have virtualization enabled in BIOS or running Hyper-V ... why would anyone block this? Can people make Hyper-V machines and somehow inject hacks from Hyper-V machine to host machine's game?
    I'm just trying to understand why there was some smart person who decided to simply block this.

My game review: 0/10. Can't even play the game.

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic
    replied
    I will note this issue in the Known Bugs thread momentarily.

Leave a comment:

• Mecanik
    replied
    Originally posted by Rotschreck View Post
    Personally, until this issue is fixed, I do not want to play this game. I try one time a day, but there is no way for disabling virtualisation features because I use them.
    Tell me about it.... it's very BAD.

Leave a comment:

• Rotschreck
    replied
    Personally, until this issue is fixed, I do not want to play this game. I try one time a day, but there is no way for disabling virtualisation features because I use them.

Leave a comment:

• Mecanik
    replied
    Originally posted by LadyLiana View Post
    Wow, guys this was a very interesting read, I'm going to make sure this thread gets flagged so the GM team is aware of it and can see what the issue is and what you have tried already to resolve it. I hope that either you or Webzen can find a way to fix the issues.
    Glad you find it interesting, because me and the guys here spent quite some time trying to debug this issue. The result is final and simple: INCA nProtect will not allow you play if you have anykind of virtualization on your machine. (why ?! why ?!!)

So yeah, the game itself has nothing to do with this - it is rather the "No. 1 Global Game Hack protection" system that is blocking this on user's PC.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X