"Game Hack detected" - 100% False message

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Game Hack detected" - 100% False message

Good day, I ended up writing here after support has ... ignored me. Before I go into the details of this problem, I want to mention that my own company has a wide range of services from hosting to anti-hacking software ( which name I will not mention here because I do not want to advertise ).

I have been enjoying this game in my free time, also bought some stuff from the shop, platinum service as well, and today at the office I decided to remote inside my PC and log in my character to gather my Platinum bonus.

Well what do you think happened, after the update: "Game Hack detected". At first, I really thought it is my fault because I had "Test Signing" mode "On" due to my development of my security security software, testing was/is needed.

So I disabled it, restarted the PC: same result. I started shutting down applications like CCLeaner, Greenshot, everything I could, same result.

Then I go desperate and open a ticket for support ( which I never did before ), and they told me to check the forum for "known problems" - what known problems ?! You mean this ? http://forum.webzen.com/forum/en/mu-...tartup-problem

I see other people are having the same issues, and it is not fair. You invest time and money, and you wanna enjoy the game no ? Well... I don't know what to say.

What I can say is, that your "Game protection" is completely useless since others are using BOTS to make posts with "Sell ZEN 100 MIL = 10 Euros" and you should remove it so fair players can enjoy the game.

Seriously said from me, I did not even attempt to cheat. And trust me, I am a security developer I know what is running inside my PC.

Please resolve your problems with this crappy "Game Protection", so people can play...

Might be just a coincidence, but I'm also a developer, and also received this error. Could it be, maybe, that our programming IDE's or something related to developing is assumed to be a "hacking program"?

Comment

Originally posted by PakO112 View Post
      Might be just a coincidence, but I'm also a developer, and also received this error. Could it be, maybe, that our programming IDE's or something related to developing is assumed to be a "hacking program"?
      Same here. I'm also developer.

Comment

I do not think IDE's has anything to do with game-cheating from my opinion. Maybe tools like PCHunter which have kernel drivers, but not in this case.

I believe "INCA NProtect" uses kernel routines and they check for functions which could cause false-positives very easy... which is bad. Especially if they "scan" for cheats, well that's even worse.

I just wanna play... and enjoy something, because work is more and more everyday...

Comment

Same. Though there is no way I would uninstall Visual Studio or any other useful development tools just to play a game. I am not running any processes that could interfere with game process nor do I have any tools dedicated to hacking.

Comment

I can confirm that "INCA NProtect" is using 3 binaries to scan things in your PC. I'm not sure this is even legal first of all, but that does not concern me at the moment.

What I want to find out is, what is causing this false-positive so we can play again, because support... will never answer.

Comment

I have tried to disable "real time protection" from windows defender using the following script:

Code:
              Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Created by: Shawn Brink
              ; http://www.tenforums.com
              ; Tutorial: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3569-windows-defender-real-time-protection-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender]
              "DisableAntiSpyware"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Real-Time Protection]
              "DisableRealtimeMonitoring"=dword:00000001
              And now the message does not show up so fast, I can actually get inside the game but after that again... "Game hack has been detected".

Comment

Originally posted by Mecanik View Post
                I have tried to disable "real time protection" from windows defender using the following script:

Code:
                Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Created by: Shawn Brink
                ; http://www.tenforums.com
                ; Tutorial: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3569-windows-defender-real-time-protection-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender]
                "DisableAntiSpyware"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Real-Time Protection]
                "DisableRealtimeMonitoring"=dword:00000001
                And now the message does not show up so fast, I can actually get inside the game but after that again... "Game hack has been detected".

Disabling real time protection had no effect to my errror. Seems like game devs left us hanging, so if someone finds a solution - let us know.

Comment

And i'm also a developer and i'm having the same issue.
                  Maybe if we have sql server running on the side, the nProtect software recognizes it as a virtual machine?
                  Because this is pretty much what this is, a server on our machine.

Comment

Hi,
                    I also have some developer programs (VS,Delphi etc) and received same error as you. Sins last time, after update, I didn't even reboot my PC.
                    Now they wasting my time and money in platinum...

@WEBZEN any response? Do you even read this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychometric2 View Post
                      And i'm also a developer and i'm having the same issue.
                      Maybe if we have sql server running on the side, the nProtect software recognizes it as a virtual machine?
                      Because this is pretty much what this is, a server on our machine.
                      Well, I also do have SQL server . Sadly after disabling it in services.msc nothing changes.

So far it looks like we are on to something. keep it coming guys.

Comment

Guys, it's not related to SQL server or IDE tools... I have tried my best to "debug" this, but the problem is "INCA Protect" are using WinLicense which makes things very difficult to debug.

By all means, this is a false-positive from some "dump" signature they use to scan processes OR something inside KERNEL.

Worth mentioning that this problem appears only on my Windows 10 x64 with Creators updates. On windows 7 x64 it works fine, but that's my wife's PC -_- ( now she will outrank me lol )

Comment

Well I on Windows 8.1 x64 with that issue. And so far it is up to Devs PC's only.

Comment

GameGuard is not generating any kind of error log, is it? Couldn't find it

Comment

Originally posted by PakO112 View Post
                              GameGuard is not generating any kind of error log, is it? Couldn't find it
                              It does, but it is encrypted. It is "npgmup.erl"/"npgl.erl"/"npgg.erl" (I think) inside "C:\Program Files (x86)\Webzen\MU_LEGEND_GLOBAL\Binaries\Win32\GameG uard".

Comment

Working...
                              X