Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL Mikaru, just had the problem now again and that's why I'm comming here to visit what happen.
    I got Windows 8.1 and my Internet Explorer is already the newest, it was updated the last time at 9 of December 2014.
    My PC is a 8x 3,5 Ghz with 16GB Ram and it isn't even a month old. It never made any problems yet... not even a single lag.
    My friend got the same problem on Windows 7.... my gf has it also on Windows 8 sometimes, and her son also on Windows 7.

This game is so freakin buggy, that's not even normal anymore. lols

Comment

• Mikaru
      Mikaru commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you tried resetting the browser? It could be a bad plugin/setting that's causing the problem. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/i...tings#ie=ie-11

• N3rd
      N3rd commented
      Editing a comment
      I never ever used the Internet Explorer, since it's the biggest shit anyway. But I'll try to reset it... np.

From what I've tried theres no temporary fix for the pos lag glitch, however it does cause the missing attack glitch. Theres a couple things to note about the miss attack glitch.
    1. The chances of it occurring are higher if you have low hit chance.
    2. As long as you land a hit, 99% of the time it won't occur.
    My methods around this.
    1. Increase hit chance, *Buff accuracy, warspon set, higher upgraded armor, etc*
    2. Start the attack with a 1 hit skill. AKA, target enemy, use guillotine, asal, crack shot, or anything of the sort that will hit the target first, and then immediately continue to attack afterwards.
    3. If the bug is occuring, Press S then immediately after that Space, This will disengage the target, and jump backwards slightly. Jumping is one of flyffs, what I call, relocators. Its one of the movements ingame that tells the game what your actually position is. Considering the miss attack bug is caused by the position glitch, having the game relocate and know you are the correct distant from the mob generally fixing the inability to hit it.
    Note*Another of these relocaters is changing direction while in an auto run state, or changing direction/stopping while on a board. This is why it makes traveling difficult. When you change direction the game updates, triggering the position lag, that sets you back to your actual location on the games map instead of the one on your screen, thus pushing you seemingly backwards. If you have to travel by foot anywhere, jump the whole way*
    4. Press S, and wait three seconds. If you do this the game will register missing hits while you aren't attacking *youll see miss pop up like two times after youve already stopped* once those misses are gone, try attacking again.
    5. Press W and Jump forward until the pos lag occurs. then Stand still and wait for the mob you were attacking to reach you and attack. Do not attack while its doing its glitchy little dance where it passes through you and runs back and forth like 5 times.

I play just fine even running multiple clients which increases the chance of pos lag.

Comment

• Mikaru
      Mikaru commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for this useful information. Hopefully it can help the players

• Flyff432
      Flyff432 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that may b jst your perception. If it truelly is lag related, it won't matter wat your percentage is, it's gonna show up as misses and u jst standing there and nothing happening until it comes out of the lag. I've had this problem since around the start of Madrigalaxy, or atleast that's when i noticed it. Prior to this, i can't remember happening. I jst know that it's still happening. The lag (misses) can last as long as like 5 sec without even d/c, and often times, it happens for about 1-3 secs regularly. Once in awhile, the char would even show up running on one client and on the client your playing the char, he's jst standing there until u move, then he teleports to the place he ran to. The thing that helps for me is sometimes switching servers. I can't really pinpt wat exactly is causing it from my end. I jst try to work around it.

http://forum.webzen.com/forum/en/fly...ankou-s-asylum

Comment

• Mikaru
      Mikaru commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I will add this to the table once I know the current status of it.

These bugs are making the game unplayable - I teleported back to the same spot 8 times whilst running. Also reclogged into the game 6 times and still getting the miss attack issue.

Comment

• Flyff432
      Flyff432 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your not the only one.

please how i can fix when i enter arena how marken iys frozing in loding screen and when i attaking monster most my hit misss it take 1 to 2min to kill 1monster its so hard to lvlup it get so boring please help me

Comment

• Cheriesaurus
      Cheriesaurus commented
      Editing a comment
      Trying turning off your minimap by pressing N before entering dungeons/marketplace. Also use gift of madrigal/close pet interfaces.

Originally posted by Shrell View Post
    From what I've tried theres no temporary fix for the pos lag glitch, however it does cause the missing attack glitch. Theres a couple things to note about the miss attack glitch.
    1. The chances of it occurring are higher if you have low hit chance.
    2. As long as you land a hit, 99% of the time it won't occur.
    My methods around this.
    1. Increase hit chance, *Buff accuracy, warspon set, higher upgraded armor, etc*
    2. Start the attack with a 1 hit skill. AKA, target enemy, use guillotine, asal, crack shot, or anything of the sort that will hit the target first, and then immediately continue to attack afterwards.
    3. If the bug is occuring, Press S then immediately after that Space, This will disengage the target, and jump backwards slightly. Jumping is one of flyffs, what I call, relocators. Its one of the movements ingame that tells the game what your actually position is. Considering the miss attack bug is caused by the position glitch, having the game relocate and know you are the correct distant from the mob generally fixing the inability to hit it.
    Note*Another of these relocaters is changing direction while in an auto run state, or changing direction/stopping while on a board. This is why it makes traveling difficult. When you change direction the game updates, triggering the position lag, that sets you back to your actual location on the games map instead of the one on your screen, thus pushing you seemingly backwards. If you have to travel by foot anywhere, jump the whole way*
    4. Press S, and wait three seconds. If you do this the game will register missing hits while you aren't attacking *youll see miss pop up like two times after youve already stopped* once those misses are gone, try attacking again.
    5. Press W and Jump forward until the pos lag occurs. then Stand still and wait for the mob you were attacking to reach you and attack. Do not attack while its doing its glitchy little dance where it passes through you and runs back and forth like 5 times.

I play just fine even running multiple clients which increases the chance of pos lag.
    Although all these things are true, may killspeed on the mobs is reduced at least five times. Also this bug happens to occur multiple times on the same mob (e.g. Serus Uriel), if the fight takes more than three or four seconds. Sometimes it's absolutely impossible to not get this bug, as for example when fighting mobs like leyena or syliaca who happen to be ranged and the running away from you and you running towards them almost ALWAYS triggers the bug again, resulting in an infinite chase of missing attacks. For me, it's impossible to play this way, although I am well aware of all the tweaks and tricks to "avoid" the bug from occurring.

What frustrates me the most, is that this is due to a horrible designed anti-hack mechanics in their client-server response architecture. I couldn't have made it worse myself. We all know this is never going to change, since all the mods do is forwarding stuff to Korea and they don't do anything about it, let alone redesigning a core element of the framework. Some bugs will never be fixed, whoever played FlyFF for a few years knows that. It's just that currently it's impossible to live with them, especially the miss-bug and the stonehand-bug, since they're game breaking.

Sad is just, that those issues are so easily fixed, even hobbyists (like me) can do that, as seen on various private servers (who, just by the way, surpassed FlyFF regarding functionality years ago, like being able to tell your pet what to pick up and what not).

I would really like to contact those mysterious Koreans myself, because I've received so insanely incompetent answers from the Webzen team and mods, that I really doubt they would be in any position to tell us what's going on at all. Would really appreciate a more open user-dev dialogue (I actually doubt there are any designated FlyFF dev's left, by the way. All the changes of the past two years could have been done by a single person, employed half time).

Comment

• Soulless
      Soulless commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Shixa View Post
      Sad is just, that those issues are so easily fixed, even hobbyists (like me) can do that
      Send them the fix then. Its more likely for them to copy and paste, than actually spend time in coding / testing it

Why is it that the Stonehand bug is not reportet? It is destroying levelling for BPs. Also it seems that when using stonehand the 'miss' bug happens a lot.
    I used to enjoy playing my 1v1 BP but now it is pretty painful

Comment

ty

Comment

Junior Mod Mikaru resignation Today, 03:26 PM
        Hello my fellow players,
        It is with great sadness that I have had to resign from my post as Junior Mod.
        The reason being that I simply do not have enough time to continue supporting this service.
        I have enjoyed working with the team and it has been a good experience for me.

I would like to say thank you especially to Magitook who is a great team leader and has helped me a lot.
        Thanks and goodbye
        Hello Mikaru.
        Sorry I Hijack your post.
        It's very sad... I will miss your "LEAD" in this thread.
        (´・` )♡

http://forum.webzen.com/forum/en/fly...ru-resignation

Comment

• Mikaru
          Mikaru commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the nice comment

• Akee
          Akee commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello sir can i have a questions

About Miss Attack y Position Lag bugs...

Aparently there´s an unsincroynze between the position you are fighting and the mob in graphic and current position, especially afler a critical blow or yoyo pulling.
        When the server tells you are not close to the mob it sends you to run towards it but when you kill it you appear a lot far from your supposed current location because the server let you run althoug there´s no mob to kill. And unless you click the floor and wait, you´ll be attacking a mob from a far position. Skills never fail that´s why it´s a "miss" problem. I hope it´s be fixed right away cause it´s pretty annoying.

Greetings.

Comment

• Oldlady
          Oldlady commented
          Editing a comment
          When the misses start happening I run away from the mob until there is a position flash of the mob and I (graphics glitch), then I re engage and I can then kill it.

i think the giant mobs are bugged to yesterday i killed alot off giants and not one of them dropped something not even gold o.o and i tried it with same lvl mob as myself
        5 lvls higher then met and 3 lvls lower then me all the same no drops not even monny or a single weapon or anything this should be fixed aswell.

giants that i killed: not any off dropt things 2-3 just dropt monny can't remember who i trianed from 15-48 and not any good items dropped from those giants.
        -giant mia
        -giant wasaag
        -giant bang
        -giant nyang
        -giant gigglebox
        -giant bullz
        - totemia
        -card puppit
        - jack the hammer
        - mage prankster

Comment

indeed the giants are bugged i noticed it a while ago right now i am lvl 48 and i did the following giants (so there is like a good 18 lvls diffrent )
          -giant leyena
          -giant steamwalker
          -giant driller
          -giant nutty wheel
          -giant steel knight
          -giant volt

so those giants are a lot levels higer then me and yet nothing dropped just sometimes a bit money.
          but giants should at least drop rings eggs equipments that makes it worthy to fight them

Comment

Originally posted by Takuhii View Post
            I really do hope that they are going to update the miss bug soon and the lags because it is just shameful and just plain unacceptable ( and annoying as hell ). I started playing 2 weeks ago and I get the nostalgia feeling that I was hoping to achieve in flyff again. BUT the bugs and lags just smacks my face and makes me wanna quit right away. If they are not going to fix it I personally don't think it's worth playing anymore. I'm looking forward to better news, I hope it will come soon! c:

When you use a skill that does dmg vs the target you start hitting again so just use it once when it happens

Comment

I can not believe that a company like Webzen can not fix something like this can not play with my blade because it lasted one minute only one mob killing causes not play well fix that really thought that being blade would be solved but it's worse .

Comment

Originally posted by ZoneGG View Post
                I can not believe that a company like Webzen can not fix something like this can not play with my blade because it lasted one minute only one mob killing causes not play well fix that really thought that being blade would be solved but it's worse .
                Webzen doesn't fix bugs. That used to be the developers' job.
                Used to be. Now the developers' job is making shoddy mobile cashgrabs instead of shoddy PC cashgrabs. Flyff's dev team has been reduced to less than 10 people for the PC game. Fixing all the bugs or creating big updates are not their task, which is why Flyff has been stagnant for 3 years.

Meaning this pretty list is pointless. Not to mention it lists the miss and position bug separately when they're basically one and the same.

Comment

• Ggchan389
                  Ggchan389 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're kidding. This game is awesome! Why aren't they doing something to help?? Damn, looks like I really do have to say goodbye to this game. :'(
              Working...
              X