Game Guard INITIALIZATION ERROR 114 HELP! Please :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Guard INITIALIZATION ERROR 114 HELP! Please :(

Okay, I was playing flyff just fine yesterday and after I decided to log back on after a break, it would just crash after loading screen. then give me this weird error code with stranger charecters then the word :Enchant. After that pops up for a second or two it'll close on its own then gameguard screen pops up with error report and takes you to their page. I've tried everything already ... enabling into firewall. renaming in .exe >.> I'm so confused as to why this started happening. I didn't install anything recently that could interfere with it. Idk if this helps but I have Malwarebytes and AVG for protection. I've run scans already a million times.. idk what to do and I'd really like to play again someone get back to me asap please!! D:

Also I forgot to mention I already tried re-installing flyff -.- same thing happened... D: heeeeelllppppppp

Hello Thatguyyoulove

Please read the following Link from INCA (gameGuard FAQ error 114).
    I do hope it will work for you .
    Initialization fail (Error code 114)
    Initialization error 114 could occur in GameGuard in many different cases.
    The methods below could or could not be the solution to the corresponding problem. In some cases, the problem could be solved by following step 1, but sometimes it may not be solved even after following step 1 and step 2.
    It is not necessary to follow all the steps below, and therefore, try running the game again if step 1 has been followed and check whether the problem has been solved.
    If the problem still exists, please try each step in order and check for normal execution of the game.
    1. System restart
    2. Spyware/Virus
    3. Window security update
    4. Collision with other programs
    5. Option adjustment of security program
    6. Graphic card driver and DirectX problem
    http://www.gameguard.co.kr/eng/FAQ_114.htm

PS. Uninstall.
    Reinstall Flyff. You have to be sure the Gpotato\flyff folder is empty before the reinstall process.

Comment

I have exacly the same problem... I can't open flyff, and random errors appear (114 is just one of them, but yeah, most common). I didn't change anything on the computer, and yesterday everything was just fine. I've already tried reinstalling flyff, but it gave me nothing but time wasted. Any idea what should be mine next step?

Comment

I am in the EXACT same boat as Tabus and Thatguyoulove. I haven't changed anything since yesterday and I've booted my pc a few times to see if it started improperly. Didn't work. I also tried reinstalling it TWICE and same issue persists. I have a feeling it may be gameguard or the new flyff update. However, I also run AVG which is what Thatguyyoulove also runs. I will do some more checks to see if I can get it working. This situation sucks. If anyone has any tips or methods to try please let me know.

Comment

Same thing happening to me right now. Ever since the patch released.

Comment

Wow glad to know its not just me. hope it is fixed soon.

Comment

Are you all using AVG? if so could you try to disable the scanner and start flyff to see it that could be the problem.
              Don't forget to enable the scanner again after this test.

Comment

Thanks NyKo it works

Comment

• (MOD)NyKo
                  (MOD)NyKo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good to hear that it works, to fine tune this problem and to let your anti virus scanner keep running during flyff you could try to exclude flyff.exe and neuz.exe. If that don't work then the GameGuard folder or if the don't work the whole flyff folder in your scanner.

This doesn't work. The only way for me to run Flyff is to turn off my AVG entirely, even though I've excluded all the folders and files mentioned above. It's rather frustrating :/

Comment

Originally posted by Yusumi View Post
                  This doesn't work. The only way for me to run Flyff is to turn off my AVG entirely, even though I've excluded all the folders and files mentioned above. It's rather frustrating :/
                  If FlyFF works fine with AVG disabled here is what I suggest:

First remove ALL FlyFF related items from your AVG exclusion list.
                  Next add Flyff.exe, Neuz.exe and GameGuard.des to the list. These are the only three things that need to be in the antivirus or the firewall exclusion lists.
                  Having too many files or folders on the list can cause conflicts. (You don't have another AV program running, do you?)

Comment

Or drop AVG and get another antivirus program. I'm using the most current Avast Internet Security with no issues whatsoever. Of course, it costs a whopping $39 per year.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverhandruler View Post
                      Or drop AVG and get another antivirus program. I'm using the most current Avast Internet Security with no issues whatsoever. Of course, it costs a whopping $39 per year.
                      Or just learn how to surf the net with out getting viruses. Has been working for me quite a while. My only virus for years has been toolbar that I accidentally installed with some program.
                      In our company, the customer is never right.
                      I'm done here, goodbye

Comment

Working...
                      X