Cash Shop & Economy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash Shop & Economy

I wanted to take a minute to give feedback on my recent experience with the cash shop and in game economy after returning to the game for the first time since probably 2010. First, I was pretty disappointed with the high cost of WCoin and lack of useful items for sale in the cash shop. For me to top up comes at a rate of 1 USD = 100 WCoin and I cannot justify the cost especially when there is no armor or weapons available. I understand that you may not want to create the perception of "pay to win" and I also get that you are in business to make a profit at the end of the day. My point is that if you compare the cost of the old gPotatos the difference is night and day and the current selection of items is mediocre at best. About the only useful thing to me in the current shop is the buff pets. Most cost $10 USD a piece which is expensive, but at least you get to keep them.

Since the player shops seem to have the "good stuff" I thought well, I will find what I need there. It was like visiting the House of Bijan in Beverly Hills on a janitors salary. 1,000,000 Penya for a level 60 silver treasure box key that when used gives you orange juice most of the time? I don't think I found too many items under 1 million and most were in the billions! After seeing these ridiculously high prices I just do not see how I could ever earn enough Penya to be able to afford to buy any decent items outside of the very limited NPC shop inventory.

I am no expert on economy, but I know that it is hard to make any money when the selling price of an item to an NPC shop is drastically lower that the "going rate" in private shops. I have to assume that I am not the only one who cannot afford these items because everyone is selling but no one is buying from what I can see. If you have to spend all of your time AFK with your shop open to make money that is not what I would call a fun game.

This game has a lot of nostalgia for me and is still playable and fun but something seriously needs to change with the buying and selling of items. There a lot of posts on the internet saying that Flyff is dead and I am starting to see why. I really feel that this could be improved with some well thought out development efforts designed to stimulate the economy so that it is not just about grinding out the levels only to find that your drop is basically worthless.

Paragraph 1: From the very first day of FlyFF 1US$ = 100 gPotatos. When Webzen became the Producer they changed the name of gPotatos to Wcoins and continue to sell them at 1US$ for 100 Wcoins. The cost of buying these "cash shop" coins has never increased or decreased with the exception that you can occasionally get bonus coins for buying a certain amount at one time or by using a certain payment option.
    Similarly, the price of items offered in the Cash Shop are the same today as in 2008 for the identical item.
    Your Paragraph 1 has no meaning, except maybe the part about the selection being "mediocre".

Paragraph 2: The "good stuff" has always been in player shops (and the Vendor). And prices of items have a lot of zeros on them, but really they are not high. If you have to pay 1 million penya for a silver key, that means you can sell your excess silver keys for 1 million penya. [Feel free to substitute item names and cost here.]
    Using Bronze or Silver keys on treasure boxes has always been a formula for failure. Once in a great while you might get a halfway decent item using a Silver Key. That changed with the introduction of Gold Keys in Version 21. Gold Keys allowed you to get many items that were previously unavailable in game.

Paragraph 3: Again, NPC prices have not changed since day one of FlyFF, with the exception of Treasure Box Keys offered in the Emporium, which were increased by a factor of 10 soon after the introduction of the Emporium. it would be nonsensical for players to offer their items for NPC prices.
    The prime driving force of any economy is supply and demand. Prices are set by how many of a particular item are available and what the demand for that item is. Items MUST be selling otherwise the sellers would not be offering them for sale or reduce the price to a point where they DO sell.

Paragraph 4: If the Internet is saying FlyFF is "DEAD" then it must be true.

Comment

• Shaymin
      Shaymin commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Len45 View Post
      Paragraph 3: Again, NPC prices have not changed since day one of FlyFF, with the exception of Treasure Box Keys offered in the Emporium, which were increased by a factor of 10 soon after the introduction of the Emporium. it would be nonsensical for players to offer their items for NPC prices.
      The prime driving force of any economy is supply and demand. Prices are set by how many of a particular item are available and what the demand for that item is. Items MUST be selling otherwise the sellers would not be offering them for sale or reduce the price to a point where they DO sell.
      And then there are people who dont understand the concept of "seasonal items" and try to sell Items at times where people
      either dont need them, or where there is much more supply than demand (e.g during events for example).
      Those people dump the price so low, that ,even in times where demand is much higher than supply, it wont recover thus
      permanently damaging the economy due to the lack of feedback on the "cost" each seller has in aquiring it.

Flyff's economy is broken, It always was.

Honestly, speaking as someone who has also played this games for years on an off, the new philosophy of items and events if anything are a lot less stingy. prime example, in the last christmas event that literally just finished. if you logged into the website 3 times a day for like 16 days total, you would be rewarded with 10 1 day q amps and 10 1 day r amps. when you make a new character, you are automatically given 5 1 day q amps. and as compensation for ddos that was experienced, they gave out a code for 5 1 day r amps. all soul bound, but they are making an effort to make higher levels more accessible without spending money. and at the end of the day, because the market in this game is determined by people who dont know how proper markets work, you are going to have to spend some money to play and enjoy this game. but i dont understand what you are complaining about, since it is completely unreasonable to expect someone to maintain a game with events and stuff for free. since they dont ask for monthly subs like wow, a cash shop is perfectly reasonable. at the end of the day if you dont want to pay for stuff that you dont need to buy to survive, then dont spend you money here. but dont complain about it.

Comment

Working...
    X