Suggestion about Time attack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion about Time attack

Dear admins, how about to make Time Attack doable for every lvl-group of players and not only for veterans? I made a list of possible solution of this problem, let me know if some rewards are too OP ot to weak in your opinion!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Hello MothSyndromE,

The problem of a low level Time Attack is that power of a character is not only measured buy his level. I could easily see players transfer some of their gears on low level characters which will result of the veteran players having a considerable advantage. So in the idea of making the event accessible for everyone I am afraid this won't work.

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Klaig View Post
      Hello MothSyndromE,

The problem of a low level Time Attack is that power of a character is not only measured buy his level. I could easily see players transfer some of their gears on low level characters which will result of the veteran players having a considerable advantage. So in the idea of making the event accessible for everyone I am afraid this won't work.

What do you think?
      How about to control equips of participants? Every participant should accept inventory view and keep it until time attack is done.

Also:
      1) No cloaks stronger than Footbal fan/St. Patrick/Kuma cloaks allowed for low lvl leagues.
      2) No more than 2 piercings in suit/weapon allowed.
      3) No gear with obvious agmentations allowed.
      4) Maximum weapon upgrade = +3.
      5) Only stats rings or clear champ/def/adept/marksman sets. (No angel sets, no garnets and etc).
      6) Weapon fusion is allowed.

Comment

And this where it gets extremely complicated.

With the inventory view you can see what the character is wearing but not what he has in his inventory. So as soon as you checked a character, he can switch his items afterward and there is realistically nothing you can do about it, even with a video recording since items can take the appearance of any legal items. We can check full inventory with our tools but it has other technical limitations which I won't be mentioning here.

Comment

I think this can be easily detected by damage output. If person or a group punches a monster dealing +-1000dmg and then suddenly appear figures like 9999 - it's weapon/jewelry/suit swap for sure. I can help with that overwatch.

Comment

• Len45
            Len45 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you are fighting a losing battle here.
            Something like a sudden jump in DMG could only be detected if there are two "umpires" watching each participant constantly. I doubt Webzen has the resources for that. User "umpires" are unacceptable because they have nothing to lose if they don't catch infractions, like their job.
            Webzen has put together an Event that may not satisfy every user, but, given inherent limitations, seems pretty darn good. ENJOY!

The problem with this is then the p2w players will get mad because they spent a lot of money on their gear, which they can’t use anymore.

Comment

Working...
          X