Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As for March 2020... What should I Choose? Harlequin or Crackshooter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As for March 2020... What should I Choose? Harlequin or Crackshooter?

Howdy people. I'm using this account to ask for some information since I haven't decided yet my nickname for the blogs on my legit one.

First things first... I already chose being Ranger on my legit account (read as, the one I use the most, and linked to my only important and beloved e-mail address), and now I'm starting to regret it...

A few days ago, I asked on the official Flyff Discord, looked up on the Internet for information, and came to the conclusion that being Ranger/Crackshooter was the best choice. I took into account that the game will hardly ever have a Class Balance, that Crackshooters are the second best Class behind Force Masters, and that they can practically do everything pretty good, and that you cannot go wrong with the fool-proof full DEX build, plus, I always liked bows and bow/gun related classes on RPGs.

However, something's been bothering me a couple of days after that decision... And it's that since the very beginning of my playing days on Flyff (back in 2008, IIRC), I loved Jesters and the concepts of Yo-Yos as weapons (something based on their real life ancient variants, look it up on Google).

The concept of impersonating a deadly assassin capable of cloaking himself and using exotic weapons like Yo-Yos, plus all the skills they got, and their initial aim to be the rulers of the Arena (and most likely Guild Siege too), got me in love with them... Sadly, we all know this is one of the worst, if not the worst class to be played these days.

First, Jesters/Harlequins aren't a PvM class, they're a PvP one, and they just suck at their role, something needs to happen that puts a balance and uplift them for the role they intended to have.

First question... Should I ever put my hopes on the possiblity of a class balance sooner or later? This is one of the strongest aspects I'm taking into account for my choice (saying choice, because I will try to get my now Ranger deleted, and have a Jester instead, or just have my entire account deleted, which I already did succesfully, since I thought I was leaving the game forever).

Second, if the above weren't to happen, would it be always the logical choice to pick being Ranger/Crackshooter? The goal I set for myself if I picked this class, was to run dungeons with friends, and to avoid Guild Siege at all costs (since I cannot and don't want to afford consumables, at least too many of them). What build should I follow if I follow this path? What would my skill tree be? Which Bows/Armor should I pick? Which piercings should I get on them? I cannot risk and get many Augmentations to rely on Awakes, so that's out of my list. What jewelry set(s) should I get? I know Eversnow/Dinner 2019 are pretty good, but which would be the ideal one for AoEing/Dungeons? I'd like to be able to run all dungeons with friends with no little or no problems, and just a few. Which pet(s) should I get? Do PERM buffs beads work well on Crackshooters? All this information both for the way until 170, and for 170 (End Game).

If I were to pick Jester/Harlequin, I'm asking the same of the above. I know it will be very hard time leveling up, but I'm up to the challenge. I'd like to highlight here which skills are the most necessary and which not as for End Game. I'd also like to highlight if PERM buffs beads work with Harlequins.

I know Harlequins will have to rely on their Skills to level up, but is there a way to make my regular attacks worthy? Element upgrading? Piercings? Pets? Even Awakes (last resort)?

If I were to pick Harlequin, would I able to do regular event questies normally? Like a 1v1 regular character? I know I'd rely mostly on my skills to do so, but any chance to make my regular attacks worthy for this as well? I don’t want to de-level whatsoever.

I'm planning to invest time and money on whichever of both classes I pick, but I'd like to know your honest opinion, based on their actual pro/cons, probability of a Class Balance, and that I will ONLY have 1 character on my account, since I cannot afford to pay for 3 characters...

I do really love Harlequins, but if they're just going to suck (read as, no Class Balance in the future), I wouldn't say a full no to Crackshooters...

Thanks all in advance.

Stay safe.
    Last edited by Holyoshi; 19-03-20, 06:10 AM.

Originally posted by Holyoshi View Post
    However, something's been bothering me a couple of days after that decision... And it's that since the very beginning of my playing days on Flyff (back in 2008, IIRC), I loved Jesters and the concepts of Yo-Yos as weapons (something based on their real life ancient variants, look it up on Google).

I do too pal, I do too

The concept of impersonating a deadly assassin capable of cloaking himself and using exotic weapons like Yo-Yos, plus all the skills they got, and their initial aim to be the rulers of the Arena (and most likely Guild Siege too), got me in love with them... Sadly, we all know this is one of the worst, if not the worst class to be played these days.

First, Jesters/Harlequins aren't a PvM class, they're a PvP one, and they just suck at their role, something needs to happen that puts a balance and uplift them for the role they intended to have.

That is fundamentally wrong. There is no such thing as PvP and PvE classes. It's just GALA's inabillity to balance things out which made it seem
    as if there is a plan, but there ultimately isnt.

First question... Should I ever put my hopes on the possiblity of a class balance sooner or later? This is one of the strongest aspects I'm taking into account for my choice (saying choice, because I will try to get my now Ranger deleted, and have a Jester instead, or just have my entire account deleted, which I already did succesfully, since I thought I was leaving the game forever).

Cannot be denied that there is theoretically a chance that they will do it. But I'd say it's as likely as winning the big buck in a lottery.
    I wouldnt expect anything if I were you.

Second, if the above weren't to happen, would it be always the logical choice to pick being Ranger/Crackshooter? The goal I set for myself if I picked this class, was to run dungeons with friends, and to avoid Guild Siege at all costs (since I cannot and don't want to afford consumables, at least too many of them). What build should I follow if I follow this path? What would my skill tree be? Which Bows/Armor should I pick? Which piercings should I get on them? I cannot risk and get many Augmentations to rely on Awakes, so that's out of my list. What jewelry set(s) should I get? I know Eversnow/Dinner 2019 are pretty good, but which would be the ideal one for AoEing/Dungeons? I'd like to be able to run all dungeons with friends with no little or no problems, and just a few. Which pet(s) should I get? Do PERM buffs beads work well on Crackshooters? All this information both for the way until 170, and for 170 (End Game).

Rangers.. dont perticularly excell at anything. They hit the lowest physical damage*, have no advantage in PvE by being a rangeblock based class
    (to be honest this attribute rather applies to the weapon, not the class, but rangers are the intended users of bows so...)
    and the only reason why they are still present in Guild Siege is because people refuse to stack range block effects.
    If they would they could easily achieve the maximum with todays items, power ups, etc. and that would render them even more useless as a Jester.

If you want to primarily focus on PvE content, then Blade/Slayer is the best choice for most, if not all dungeons. Elementor/Arcanists are also very viable in late game dungeons and are capable of hitting even harder than a blade/slayer in terms of DPS.

But if you are still set on becoming a ranger, then 100% dex is still the best build to go. Armor will always be the cruiser set (Lv 45) for Crits and (IMO) the Lv 125 Hainure Set for Skills.

Weapons are a tough question, but the Yggdrasil Bow (Lv 155) is the most future prove weapon out there.
    Ancient bows require excessive upgrades to be as strong as the former (Crit) and only a few piercings to outdamage the Ygg Bow when it comes to skills.

Piercing = Attack Rate % (Suit) and if they become available on baruna weapons and remain the same Fire Cards for the Bow (because critical damage) or Electric Cards (because skill damage)

Jewelry depends on your preference.
    The more critical hit focused one would be the Christmas Dinner (+3000 add Damage).
    The more AoE/Skill focused is a combination is the new '19 version of the Dinner.

Regarding the perm beads.. the attack % ones always work. The other ones only on physical hits (crit/non-crit)

*of all classes meant to be played as a critical hit spaming pig.

If I were to pick Jester/Harlequin, I'm asking the same of the above. I know it will be very hard time leveling up, but I'm up to the challenge. I'd like to highlight here which skills are the most necessary and which not as for End Game. I'd also like to highlight if PERM buffs beads work with Harlequins.

I know Harlequins will have to rely on their Skills to level up, but is there a way to make my regular attacks worthy? Element upgrading? Piercings? Pets? Even Awakes (last resort)?

In Short:

Build = 100% STR, some points can be put into DEX if it helps to achieve 100% critrate without Critical Swing
    Weapon = Same as for ranger
    Armor = Restra (Lv 95) if you need the critical rate or the Yggdrasil Set (Lv 155) if you dont.
    Piercing = Same as for ranger minus the Electric Card part, because Yo-Yo = STR based
    Juwelry = Same as for ranger
    Beads = Same as for ranger

To be honest, I am not exactly sure if skills are the best way to grind. It will most likely change from a case to case basis.

If I were to pick Harlequin, would I able to do regular event questies normally? Like a 1v1 regular character? I know I'd rely mostly on my skills to do so, but any chance to make my regular attacks worthy for this as well? I don’t want to de-level whatsoever.

If you want to farm event items, then you will have to do it like everyone else and go 1vs1 because AoE doesnt work.
    See above for the rest.
    But I would simply suggest that you create a dedicated event character for those things.
    Equiping a Lv 60 Master character is cheap and you can still 1-hit everything in that level range

Stay safe.

You too

Comment

Working...
    X