Returning player after 10 years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning player after 10 years

As the title says, I logged in with the username and password I used so long ago and it asked me to update my account, so it took me to the webpage. I'm 100% certain is was US gpotato which held the Lawolf server. Typed in my username and password again and got the message:

'This account is not subject to account transfer/merge, or the username and password do not match.'

Just to be sure I clicked the forgot username and password links but I got the 'Please enter a valid e-mail address' message. So I'm stumped, do accounts get deleted after such a long time away from the game? I'd really like to visit my old characters, one being a 120 Hero that I spent many hours on.

Hi Chizell,

Accounts do not get deleted, are you sure you have the correct username, password and/or email?
    Last edited by (MOD)Serabell; 03-11-19, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I'm sure they're correct as it did ask me to update the account in the game itself. I even tried logging in with my 2nd account and got the same message. I just don't understand what it means by 'This account is not subject to account transfer/merge'. Is it saying it has already been done?

Comment

The message for updating happens if the username is known in the system, this does not mean it is your username or the correct password. The 'This account is not subject to account transfer/merge' should not happen however. To solve this problem please send a ticket: http://cs.webzen.com/FAQ/List#191

Comment

Originally posted by Chizell View Post
          As the title says, I logged in with the username and password I used so long ago and it asked me to update my account, so it took me to the webpage. I'm 100% certain is was US gpotato which held the Lawolf server. Typed in my username and password again and got the message:

'This account is not subject to account transfer/merge, or the username and password do not match.'

Just to be sure I clicked the forgot username and password links but I got the 'Please enter a valid e-mail address' message. So I'm stumped, do accounts get deleted after such a long time away from the game? I'd really like to visit my old characters, one being a 120 Hero that I spent many hours on.
          by the way, if you need some advisors to keep you informed what's going on right now in game - add me in discord MothSyndrome#7942

Comment

What was your in-game names, if I may ask But yea, submit a ticket.. they will solve it hopefull!

Comment

Hi all, thanks for the replies. I submitted a ticket and Webzen got back to me confirming I was the owner and give me the correct email address (an email address that I had completely forgotten) and I was able to login. The bad news is I remember I shared a lot of my gear between 2 accounts and surprise surprise, my gear was on the 2nd account...

So I repeated the same process. Submitted a ticket titled "Forgotten email address" and gave the username for the 2nd account (I attached the email from my 1st account just in case). Again I got a reply confirming I was the owner of this account which was all good, however this time they I got the message:

"The e-mail address (*********@hotmail.com) is currently in use and cannot be linked to another account.

We will be needing a new one to update your account with."

I'm not sure whether Webzen just misunderstood what I was asking for or whether they are asking me to create a new email address? But I don't think that's possible until I'm able to actually login to the account?

Comment

Working...
              X