Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perins in vendor and private shops

Hey,

So as you may know, prices in game are not what they used to be anymore. Years ago, fitting 2.1b in a private shop or in vendor wasn't so common, as items used to be way cheaper than they are now. Many of the items in game cannot be sold in these methods anymore due to their price (and the fact that these systems only work with penya).

However, guild house bidding and lord system know how to work with perins. I think many would agree it would be useful to have an option to use perins in vendor and in private shops, to be able to sell higher priced items.

What are you trying to accomplish? Increase the vendor to work with perins and such?

Comment

Originally posted by BuDah View Post
      What are you trying to accomplish? Increase the vendor to work with perins and such?
      Yep. Would be more efficient if we want to sell high priced items.

Comment

Ye. A lot of the private servers have that function. It likely would cut down on people trying to use external payment methods too. I hope webzen does something for this. It's hard wasting all my time in town trying to sell something that is worth more than the cap in vendor. I'd rather do other things when I'm able to play instead of trying to play the "view me" offer games

Comment

This has been requested in the past by the players but it seems like they don't wanna take in mind this option.. which would be very beneficial for everyone Piccolo

Comment

Hello Flavi,

We do take the community's suggestions into mind and forwarding them to the developer (Gala Lab) regularly.

Unfortunately there's a problem. WEBZEN is not the developer of the game, just a publisher who got a license to run it in Europe and North America. We can send suggestions to Gala Lab, but we don't have any impact on what Gala is doing with these suggestions.

Greetings~

Comment

Dear Amenofus,

Thank you for clearing up the things we already knew [...] maybe try to be more convincing that this is an important thing for FlyFF community, as WEBZEN is the "middleman" let's say, between FlyFF community and Gala Lab. This issue has been going on for what, 4-5 years since penya inflation, when the first perin duplicate wave happened ?

Best regards,

Flavi

Comment

Webzen should keep forwarding and pushing this to the developer. If they get the same request over and over again they might (hopefully) consider to create it in game.

Comment

Originally posted by (MOD)Amenofus View Post
                  Hello Flavi,

We do take the community's suggestions into mind and forwarding them to the developer (Gala Lab) regularly.

Unfortunately there's a problem. WEBZEN is not the developer of the game, just a publisher who got a license to run it in Europe and North America. We can send suggestions to Gala Lab, but we don't have any impact on what Gala is doing with these suggestions.

Greetings~
                  Please do it, then. It should have been done years ago.

Comment

Yes please... If not perins then at least 9,9 bilions max. That would be useful in the time when every crap costs about 100 m, lol...

Comment

Been recommending this too for years now

Comment

Any update?

Comment

Originally posted by MainChara View Post
                          Yes please... If not perins then at least 9,9 bilions max. That would be useful in the time when every crap costs about 100 m, lol...
                          9,9b won't happen.
                          There's a reason why the current number is so uneven. 32 Bit's (which flyff is coded in) max integer/number is 2.147.483.647 ... exactly the amount you can hold in your inventory.
                          Most likely that's the reason why there are even Perin in the game. (A slightly varation of the logic behind BigIntegers )

Comment

Originally posted by AkumusukeX View Post
                            9,9b won't happen.
                            There's a reason why the current number is so uneven. 32 Bit's (which flyff is coded in) max integer/number is 2.147.483.647 ... exactly the amount you can hold in your inventory.
                            Most likely that's the reason why there are even Perin in the game. (A slightly varation of the logic behind BigIntegers )
                            Almost correct the 2.1b is a maximum for a signed long int, but with signed long integers the range is from -2.1b to +2.1b. If an unsigned long int was used the totalwould come to 4.294.967.296 ( range 0 to 4.2b)

So now the question; why is a signed int used and not an unsigned one? easy, you can 'borrow' from your guild and get to -2.1b there XD

Changing this integer to a signed long long int would get us to a maximum of 9.2 Quadrillion (short notation)

(to make things clearer: int=16bit, long int=32bit, long long int=64bit.)

Loose from all that, i'm not sure raising the maximum able to ask in private shops/vendor will solve any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolderkater View Post
                              (to make things clearer: int=16bit, long int=32bit, long long int=64bit.)
                              Well your logic is definitly right overall, but you still triggered my autism.

You're considering LP32's data model which has been used for just the very first versions of DOS/Windows.
                              So your sizes of those primitive datatypes are a bit off.
                              A regular int is 32bit, long (int) 32bit (considering flyffs age and the fact that 32bit cpus/systems were the mainstream back than), long long (int) 64bit, as you can see in the c++ doc: https://de.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/types
                              Last edited by Pur3Night; 07-08-19, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Kolderkater
                                Kolderkater commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thank you for responding. Nice to see i got you to post for the first time in your 8 years here

Your observation is factually correct and i may be showing my age because of it

The minimums are still actual though and i explained it via this data model for most clarity; the others have duplicate numbers in this range as you have shown (and maybe int did not even need to be mentioned).
                                Assuming int and long int are the same (length) will get you in trouble though (on any model) :P

The actual things i tried to get across there were the difference between signed and unsigned, and the absurdity of going from a long to a long long.

Have a good hunt

• Kolderkater
                                Kolderkater commented
                                Editing a comment
                                By the way; if you think there is no more 16-bit hardware or code out there, you are very much mistaken; many ASICs run on 16-bit microcontrollers (sometimes even 8-bit) and you program that hardware.
                                random example: https://www.microchip.com/design-cen...crocontrollers
                                or if you prefer to have a (again random) manual: https://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/MI...4-10147-2e.pdf

(yes, this was waaaay offtopic, i know)
                            Working...
                            X