Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mocomochi deserves a merge too

Hey Flyffers,

In my opinion the US server Mocomochi deserves a merge also. Ive been hearing alot of talk that there is a chance that mocomochi will not be included as planned for the final merge of all US servers. This would just be completely unfair and I have a couple reasons why Mocomochi deserves a merge:

1. Mocomochi is only really populated because there are people that log 3 or more chars and keep them afk for sales or just because they wanna leave it afk.
    2. The only chance Mocomochi gets at PvP is the guild siege which only happens for 20mins out of the 7 days, the arena is completely dead
    3. Webzen has promised and confirmed that all US servers including Mocomochi will be merged into 1 big server. With this promise, many Mocomochi players have spent time and money in working on their characters in order to compete with the other servers and have fun.
    4. If Mocomochi is not merged, it will leave the server to die, this is because if Tanuki + Lykan are merged leaving Mocomochi out, players will certainly move to the new server which brings mocomochi to die and just populates the new merged server either way.

These are my opinions, as I am fustrated to hear so much talk that mocomochi might have a chance on not being merged I wanted to give notice to others in order for people to speak their opinions also.

Thank you

my bad :>
    Last edited by Ranz; 22-05-19, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Don't talk out of your butt Ranz, Klaig stated that it wouldnt merge cause its full already. This is the reason this person made the post not because players said it,

Comment

• Len45
        Len45 commented
        Editing a comment
        What is your source of this information?

We don't have the same definiton of "full" then.

Comment

GM Klaig in Discord. Friday May 10, 2019.

Text copy / past. (I added paragraph spaces to make it more readable)
        [GM]Klaig
        Long story short: every merge is a lot of work for the DB team so we try to proceed in as few steps as reasonable, so hopefully we can merge Tanuki / lykan / moco in one go, but then the problem is that we don't know if the servers can handle it.

Beside the DB team is also working on other Webzen games, Rappelz for example is in desperate need for merges, so it might get the priority for the next few months.

Take what I say with a grain of salt since I am not the one making the final call.

Here the original post in discord.
        Last edited by Pabo; 11-05-19, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Klaig only ever said that the full merge won't happen right away. Doesn't mean that it's not happening lol, just gonna take longer

Comment

Originally posted by Pabo View Post
            GM Klaig in Discord. Friday May 10, 2019.

Text copy / past. (I added paragraph spaces to make it more readable)

Here the original post in discord.
            '' we don't know if servers can handle this"

How were they able to handle much more players years ago then????

Comment

• Pabo
              Pabo commented
              Editing a comment
              So many additions have been included in the game since then.

Full merge of the US would be real fun, but I wonder how will they deal with the lag/ pos lag issues.. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Flavi View Post
              Full merge of the US would be real fun, but I wonder how will they deal with the lag/ pos lag issues.. :/
              They won’t.
              Japanese Flyff has had the “pos lag” even when it was so underpopulated the market map had like 5 stores open every day and it was near its permanent shutdown.
              It’s not a server stress issue. That has always been a lie. The developers just screwed things up even more since V19.

Comment

Of course, mocomochi deserves to be merged also. Wouldn’t be fair if this won’t happen since they promised it and as you said already, people started to invest in their chars to make them ready for the final merge since they announced it a couple weeks ago. If they break this promise I’m pretty sure people going to leave this game and flyff won’t be alive for another 10 or 15 years. But to be honest guys, I won’t be surprised if they tell us something like “the server won’t be able to handle the final server”... and then they just change their plans. But let’s hope that they keep their promises and we can enjoy this game for another couple years.

Comment

Hello,

Mocomochi merge will not happen right away because it is still doing quite well according to our data (only slightly under Lykan). For this reason we consider that Mocomochi merge is not an absolute priority, the database team is currently focusing on other more urgent matters.

With that being said, the merge plans expressed back in our initial announcement remain the same. Unless something unexpected happen, our final objective is to merge all US servers before the end of 2019 and reunite the big Flyff family in one big happy server.

I hope the situation is clearer for you now.

Comment

Originally posted by Klaig View Post
                    Hello,

Mocomochi merge will not happen right away because it is still doing quite well according to our data (only slightly under Lykan). For this reason we consider that Mocomochi merge is not an absolute priority, the database team is currently focusing on other more urgent matters.

With that being said, the merge plans expressed back in our initial announcement remain the same. Unless something unexpected happen, our final objective is to merge all US servers before the end of 2019 and reunite the big Flyff family in one big happy server.

I hope the situation is clearer for you now.
                    Hello,

your data seems to be weird then. Logging mocomochi shows it is super dead. Almost as dead as Tanuki. Yes Lykan is pretty populated and wouldnt need a merge right away. But both Moco and Tanuki are on the verge of dying. The only reason some people still play is because of a merge happening soon. It is very urgent. A couple months ago Tanuki was still more active than now. People quit in chainreaction, because it is currently very dead and becoming more so. Moco is heading in this direction with immense speed too. Postponing merge will spell the end for US flyff. Even many Lykan players wont continue playing if merge only happens in 6months.

To be honest. Log the servers. Ask the people. Listen to the community. If merge doesnt happen within 1-2 months.. and it really only happens in 6.. Then RiP US-flyff. We will most likely all tab-out.

That is my opinion and It is also the opinion of basically every US player. Dont trust your wrong data. Log the servers. Ask the players. Thats what counts.

Comment

• Moribito
                      Moribito commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Your over exaggerating just like the people before you, Not everyone plays everyday 24/7 on ANY server so you can't possible know how populated a server is and you can't go by shops or how many people are in arena. This game has been around so long the only thing that will kill it is if they decide to stop hosting it and if people really are only playing til they all get merged I can bet money once they do all get merged players will start decreasing in mass after a year or so just cause the game itself has little to do with population, they make it more a single player's game the only reason I see people play it anymore is for nostalgia but that goes away in time. Pvp is a joke and they make leveling no more a challenge. The event's are repeating and becoming more dull or unrewarding for the effort. That is the life of FlyFF and it hasn't changed in a long time so I doubt it ever will.

Hello Hyaton,

The reason why you might perceive Mocomochi as less populated than it actually is, is because a big portion of the playerbase on this server plays from the Philipines, therefore they are active at different hours compared to US or Eu players.

We understand that you would like merge to happen as fast as possible but our database team is currently working on more urgent matters. If it was down to our Team only we would merge everything tomorrow, but in any project we undertake we have to deal with human and technical constraints.

Comment

Working...
                    X